It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Christianity in its present form is dying a slow death. Let it I say. Far too antiquated and ridiculous and it's morphed into a shadow of what Christ meant. And it never ceases to blow me away how people forget that the bible was written by men.

No religion will ever work, because no one can organize and enumerate the steps any one individual has to take to achieve spirituality or communion with God. One size does not fit all. I view the church as just another huge power structure out there that will fall soon.

Christ will be remembered, but not in the way the church presents him.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It is not so much anti-homosexual. More like flame-retardant.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
It is not so much anti-homosexual. More like flame-retardant.

you are the man im so going to steal that from you its hilarious.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You don't know anything about God, because it is an infinite concept, and you have a finite mind. Try using a pencil to draw a line that never ends.

I just drew a circle.

Looks like God to me... and there's nothing i can see there about god's perception of homosexuality (unless I want to be infantile).

img src: www.visualphotos.com... (accessed: 19/05/2012)
edit on 18-5-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

There is much truth to what you say here...

Man never ceases to screw things up... which makes the message Christ brings ring true for me in any case.

Christians are not better then anyone else, we share the same struggles and many times the same vices.

Any truth we do arrive at is not our own doing, but rather proceeds down to us from above. And even with some spiritual guidance we seem to struggle mightly to perceive things with a unity of Faith and Vision.

It is as scripture says,

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
(1 Corinthians 13:12 ESV)

Even the wisest and most knowledgable Christian only knows in part what is actual truth and even then he only sees it dimly.

Soul

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
Christianity in its present form is dying a slow death. Let it I say.

I find this an interesting thought.

IF Christianity is truly diminishing and Surly headed for Extinction. Then why go to all the trouble to rail against it with threads such as this one??

Why not Let us be?

The interesting thing is that the Christian Faith Flourishes under Persecution... So actually if you wanted to dampen the spread of Christianity... you would do best to ignore it

Soul

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hmm, no where in the op or article do I see anything other than a book sale and a blogger's blog.

37 pages.

Groooooooovy....

sounds gay to me.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Too many factions of Christianity have too many different ideas of what "God's word", all based upon their particular interpretations of hte Bible. if you don't believe me, google to find out how many branches of Christianity there are. with each one thinking they've Found the Truth, even if their truths are contradictory.

so for you to say that you happened to be the lucky (or most wise one) who discovered the TRUE teachings of Christ rings as equally as ignorant.
reply to post by mythos

As I said before, it is a scriptural and historical FACT - not a matter of doctrinal interpretation - that the Mosaic is not intended for Christians. You don't have to be a "wise one" to understand that, but you have to do some reading.

If you don't wish to educate yourself on this issue, at least stop grasping at straws. Your position is unsupportable. The Mosaic Law, as it was given in the Old Testament, was meant for Jews.

This is a well-known fact to both religious and secular historians, such as Josephus, Phillip Mauro, M.D. Cassuto, and Will Durant.

edit on 19-5-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am not saying Christians should rewrite their bible, but rather, its time to put perspective on it.
Being gay is one sin, which is alright should you accept christs sacrifice
So is lying. People lie all the time.
And lets say you somehow are without sin, you are STILL going to hell unless you do the catch all, which is ultimately just accepting christ..right?

You beat me to it. I know lots of heterosexual christians who themselves sin just as much as others they condemn (including myself, in my own ways). I think this is one of the big reasons that Christ taught us we'll be forgiven unconditionally if WE FORGIVE OTHERS unconditionally...or not, if we don't - we're all imperfect, but all our prices have been paid, as long as we're willing to extend the same to others.

We've all got more than enough on our own plates to bother with trying to clean up everyone else's act all the time. I think Christ even said something about planks and specks one time...the world would be a much better place if we'd all just work on making and maintaining ourselves into what we'd like everyone else to be instead of trying to recraft THEM in our own image of perfection.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

One of the best things I have ever read on this site!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I hate to break the news to you genius but Islam is 1000X more anti-HOMO, and Muslims out number Cristians, so before you get on with your anti-Cristian crap, think about that...

BTW - I am Muslim and STRAIGHT but NOT anti-HOMO, guys want to chase other guys, Allah bless them...more woman for the purists like me.!!! when I say pure I mean because 2 dongs cannot create a HUMAN life...sorry only Male + Female can...thus the reason why HOMO is not natural....

But again Allah or God bless the tea bag chasers...it means more female options for me... : ) Mawshallah...!!!

Marine Sniper...out to hunt a tango...fishy... : )

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

"i prefer the Gospel according to Trees. or the Gospel according to the Milky Way. "

Cool thinking do you have a link? I am sure members here would like to read them.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In regards to homosexuality, I see no avenue for debate. The word Christianity is just a word. The word Christianity is greatly misunderstood by most people simply because it is a dumping ground for a great many cults and false Christian teachers. The people who do not want true Christianity are free to choose whatever pleases them. Simply because a group of people do not embrace homosexuality or lesbianism is no reason to denigrate that group any more than that group denigrate any other group. That's what freedom is all about.

The Anglican church U.S.A. has a openly gay leader and the people who disagreed with that decision simply quit the church and found themselves another group who agrees with them. That is their prerogative. The same thing applies with their bibles. That is one of the many reasons we have so many bibles. Simply change the words and sell your product.

The Christian God has rules and regulations for human behavior, according to the Christian belief, and if those rules and regulations are not followed then you have chaos. The same thing applies to culture and nationality. You must have some laws and regulations in order to live together. Homosexuality and lesbianism are not normal sexual practices and promotes disease both physically and mentally according to the majority of the human cultures. You are not going to curb this sickness with name calling or trying to shame them into your ways of thinking. The homosexuals and lesbians are very aware of what they are doing with the filth of their minds without open hostilities.

Yes, true Christianity is anti homosexuality and lesbianism. Both testaments of the original manuscripts do forbid this practice as being unnatural and punishable by God. That is true Christianity. If a group of people consent to this practice, it does not change the command of God and is not of God. That would be nothing less than an edict of men. Man does not make the rules overriding the commands of God or His Son Jesus. Therefore the people who do this, or consent to encourage others to do this, are not true Christians to begin with. They are numbered as Christians but are actually reprobates or pretenders.

Any culture or nation that decrees this practice is not a Christian nation or culture. The same thing applies to aborting (murdering) a child. Any person who votes for a platform that embraces these filthy practices are not people who are true Christians. One cannot vote ( join) any group of people who is in agreement with this filth, stand before God and defend their condoning this action. Cannot be done according to Christianity. This is the reason that most all of so called Christianity is not Christian and never has been Christian. Just as the Anglican U.S.A. organization has elected a homosexual as their head and declares that they are Christian, the true Christian left the organization knowing that if they do not want God then they do not want a true Christian. The popular cliche that God loves the person but hates the sin is nothing but hog wash. God is both love and hate and he certainly hates the one who dies in his or her sin. That's why you have heaven and hell or so the Christian believes. .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by mythos

"i prefer the Gospel according to Trees. or the Gospel according to the Milky Way. "

Cool thinking do you have a link? I am sure members here would like to read them.

they can only be "read" in the deep, deep woods on dark, starry nights.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by mythos

they can only be "read" in the deep, deep woods on dark, starry nights.

Hope you stand on the stump. lol No Ahmens for you.
Just kidding it's built into the program

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You guys do realize that when you say the word Amen you're really calling out to the Egyptian deity Amen-Ra, don't you?
edit on 19-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Society has to realize that ideologies have the seeds of their own demise imprinted in them. Ideologies do not bend, do not compromise, do not consider outside views. They make monsters out of their opponents, cast them in shadows and proclaim they are the source of evil in the world. Christian fundamentalists are just as dangerous as Islamic fundamentalists. They have so much in common that they hate each other for it.

The truth of the matter is that some things will only change when the generations that lived through there events have gone from this world. Only when no one remembers racism will it truly be gone. It is a cruel truth, that our fathers must die for our children to live on.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulReaper

Originally posted by thebtheb
Christianity in its present form is dying a slow death. Let it I say.

I find this an interesting thought.

IF Christianity is truly diminishing and Surly headed for Extinction. Then why go to all the trouble to rail against it with threads such as this one??

Why not Let us be?

The interesting thing is that the Christian Faith Flourishes under Persecution... So actually if you wanted to dampen the spread of Christianity... you would do best to ignore it

Soul

My post was in order to remind people on the thread who are pissed at Christianity that it is indeed dying, so don't worry about the thread. I already ignore it. Christianity itself might survive in some form, but the majority of people who define it the way they do are ON THEIR WAY OUT! In 100 or 200 years, no one will be anti-homosexual and the haters of today will be looked up with surprise as the haters of blacks 50 years ago are looked upon now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join