It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Lifestyles that produce greater Health problems are not Confined to the Gay population. Nobody here has claimed this, Nobody here believes this. Of course having sex with a lot of people is going to open you up to a greater health risk for std's and the like whether or not you are homosexual. heterosexual people encounter the same problems if they make similar choices.

However, the Medical studies show that the Gay population seems to struggle with a number of different health issues disproportionately in comparison to the general population. Extremely disproportionately. And many times the reason for this has much to do with the lifestyle choices that Gay people Tend to make. Of course not Every Gay person is exactly the same, just like not every heterosexual person is exactly the same. Gay people are capable of making good choices and bad choices just like everyone else. Count me as one who Hopes that they make GOOD choices that will lead to a better and healthier life.

What I don't understand is why people on this forum resent information being presented and shared for consideration towards that end.

Spread the Love people... Stop hating (though it seems to me more and more that Hate was the original intent of this thread.)

God bless
Soul
edit on 18-5-2012 by SoulReaper because: typo

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

btw that survey is highly questionable after looking into it. They are unable to duplicate the survey results and it is a statistical oddity in comparison to similar and larger surveys done by other organizations.

It is interesting to note that all of those "straight" men who are claimed to have had sex with other men in the past year also claimed to have had only ONE sex partner of the same period. That is they ONLY had sex with one other man over a 12 month period. It is interesting because the survey also claims that 70% of these men were married... which means that the majority of them apparently completely abstained from having sex with their wives for that entire year and only had sex with ONE other man during the same time frame.

I find that hard to believe, and would like to see at least ONE other corroborating survey showing similar results. As far as I can tell... there is none. And the same people who did this survey have seemingly been unable to duplicate their own results...

Soul
edit on 18-5-2012 by SoulReaper because: typo

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

so for you to tell me not to confuse the Old & the New is simply one more faction of Christianity cherry picking what scripture they will to back up whatever point they are trying to make.

Nice try, but no.

It is a biblical fact that the Mosaic Law, as it was given to the Jews in the Old Testament, does not apply to Christians. Romans 10:4 gives the scriptural explanation of why this is so. If you want a scholarly explanation, read a book about the Apostolic Conference.

Asking Christians why they don't practice Mosaic Law is like asking Americans why they don't practice British Law. It makes you look ignorant.

edit on 18-5-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: formatting

edit on 18-5-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
"We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, ...wherever men are with men together. Your sons shall become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us. All churches who condemn us will be closed. Our holy gods are handsome young men. ...We shall be victorious because we are fueled with the ferocious bitterness of the oppressed..."
Michael Swift - Boston Gay Community News - February 15-21, 1987

And yet, millions cannot see the agenda because they are spiritually blind. They see the Hollywood illusion so deeply ingrained in their beliefs that they dismiss any and all evidence to the contrary. Not only that, many berate Christians and non-Christians who boldly point out the agenda that is operating, and berate them for refusing the indoctrination. They cannot see that our most innocent children are being twisted by sexual images and beliefs in order to produce the next generation who will usher it in. Each generation is brainwashed through propaganda to reject the above quote as not representive of that "happy go lucky gay guy" that Hollywood has given them, they actually fight it because they'd rather believe the lies and deceptions. And in so doing, they are condemning their children to not only a depraved physical world but to the destruction of themselves eternally. The days of Noah and the days of Sodom it will be, when the full deception to worship the created instead of the Creator is fully unleashed by God Himself against those who chose to reject truth right under their noses for the whole world to understand. They reject that truth because there is no love of truth in them. They reject God and His faithful because their love for the Hollywood lie is greater than their own love of truth. They applaud when Christian couples can no longer foster children in the UK if they refuse to declare that they accept the homosexual lifestyle as a "natural and healthy" lifestyle choice, yet condem hundreds of children to fostering by homosexuals who most certainly will demonstrate the lifestyle to those children.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulReaper

Spread the Love people... Stop hating (though it seems to me more and more that Hate was the original intent of this thread.)

Well, it was
Not my hate mind you, but to expose the hate of the biggest religion in the USA overall. I want the christian church to end, because its disfunctional, confused, political, corrupt, and misguided as its current form. If a new form of church rises up that focuses on just loving one another and god, that stays out of the condemnation business, and actually is a source of building all people up verses tearing down, then fantastic.

The church is dying...the question is, what will come from its ashes. Something will, I am personally hopeing a new church focused on messages of love and acceptance...let people simply be aware of the facts, but choose as they wish.
You might do well having a discussion with a member here, AQuestion, whom seems to balance this out quite nicely, Not to worry, he isn't one of my "fans"..you can go back several pages here and see him endlessly calling me a bigot (incorrectly I may add)..so your safe to give him some consideration for his methods.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Christians don't hate homosexuals, only the sin they do.

Christians don't judge them, the scriptures in the Bible do that.

So the homosexuals have an argument with God.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Christianity in one word: Anti-Sin

But I would also add "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
It never ceases to amaze me the things people will believe. First, to think "god" gives a flying # who sleeps with who is laughable. Any entity that can create universes is well above such matters..and as far as Christians being anti-homosexual..all I know is, every right-wing Christian male I've ever met was 2 tequila shots away from sucking a cock himself. They hate the gay because they WANT the gay. And the PRIESTS..lol..they suck more cock than tranny hookers on Santa Monica blvd..then turn around and receive confession from others..christianity, per se, no better or worse than any other religion..

But many Christians are the most hypocritical, dogmatic, inflexible, homophobic people you'll find anywhere on the planet. "followers of Christ" my ass

But you would accept Islam as a good religion? Are they super-tolerant of homosexuals? Or perhaps satanism is more your taste?

Besides there are different flavors of Christianity. There is the Christianity that is full of rules, there is a brand of Christianity that has no rules... Then there is Christianity where ppl know they are not perfect and follow a person- the perfect one, in a relationship with Jesus.

So when you start to talk about ppl who are 'Christians', that's a broad brush you're using.... too broad to be considered seriously.... sorry to say. Heck even the POTUS believes himself to be a Christian, and you know what he said about gay marriage either this week or last.
edit on 18/5/2012 by MarkJS because: more added to the bottom

edit on 18/5/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Christianity in one word: FICTIONAL beliefs.

Typical Christians in one word: hypocrites.

And for casting stones, many innocent people were on the receiving end of stones being 'cast from this cult of superstitious fairy-tale believing people.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I don't plan on purchasing the book to get the actual wording just to satisfy your curiousity. But you can. the book title is, as you pointed out, labeled:
unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity... and Why It Matters
Author David Kinnaman
He also wrote:
You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving Church...and Rethinking Faith

You can purchase both books here
Both books deal with the numbers from the barna group research and offers ways to counter it. Not sure if the guys agenda is to save the church, or reinstall faith in the youngsters...leaving the church doesn't mean a loss of faith, but there is a reevaluation of faith going on when they leave the church also..and that might be the worst part in his mind. Church needs to reinvent itself, I wonder though, how much of a blow has faith itself received because of the church organization.

Some interesting comments from a followup article:

I’ve heard from gay Christians offering words of thanks and encouragement, from mega-church pastors and youth leaders saying “message received

Funny really, you look at these 30 or so pages here on ATS of anger and resentment, totally missing the bigger issue...and you look outside to the more moderate views...of preachers (lol)..whom get it.

ATS folk represent the most extreme mindsets on the net. I understand this. I just wouldn't mind the occasional calmer mind to wander in here and put in check the extremism and rampant ignorance now and then.

Anyhow, enjoy the books. I got to start working a bit. See you around though, and thanks for the spirited debate

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Christians don't hate homosexuals, only the sin they do.

Christians don't judge them, the scriptures in the Bible do that.

So the homosexuals have an argument with God.

So do people whom lie (or think about lying), and a whole host of other sins.

We are all sinners (according to the bible, right from birth).
The problem with the church is, they decide to judge for god instead of let god judge (else they wouldn't give a flying anything about what a person does.

I smoke. I am trying to cut down due to health concerns mind you, but I smoke anyhow. Do I need someone to constantly punch me in the chest to demonstrate that smoking is bad for me? I eat cheeseburgers. I know the health concerns. Do I need someone to I don't know, use a whip on me whenever they see me to remind me my practices may hurt me one day? Why punish someone whom is exercising free choice when its not your job to? give information if they are unaware, and let them decide if they care or not...be totally fine whatever way they choose to go. I think thats all they are ultimately asking for (oh, and equality..what a shocker).

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

And for casting stones, many innocent people were on the receiving end of stones being 'cast from this cult of superstitious fairy-tale believing people.

Atheism in a word, foolishness.

Typical atheists in one word, foolish

And as for casting stones, many many more people have been killed by unbelieving evolutionary dictators than by those who claimed they were Christians and were not. So, there you have it.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

(had to be done)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

To Christians, the only one worthy to judge is Jesus, who is without sin. Jesus sent out his Apostles to speak the things He told them to say. They wrote it down. Jesus also said that man shall live or die by the word of God and the law. So, as far as casting a stone, Christians don't do that. But if they are forced to make a judgement they will side with the Bible against the sin of homosexuality. It is scripture that judges, and the law of God.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Typical atheists in one word, foolish

See, I would have went with "jerks", if I was to guess the average perception of atheists
keep in mind, I am an atheist, but I know what a disaster of a perception atheists/ism has due to a bunch of loud...jerks...that also scream they are atheists like its some sort of trophy or religion and use that to be a jerk.

The problem is, when a person decide what group A or B is, often based on the loudest idiots of that group, they then color and see all in that group as that, and have difficulty moving past that easy label. (people like easy).

You can't insult an atheist..because they expect it. like an atheist cannot insult a theist..again, they expect it. its fruitless. But what we can do is try to control and hammer away our respective sides over time. That can slowly allow for actual discussions over insult trading like one would baseball cards.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

To Christians, the only one worthy to judge is Jesus, who is without sin. Jesus sent out his Apostles to speak the things He told them to say. They wrote it down. Jesus also said that man shall live or die by the word of God and the law. So, as far as casting a stone, Christians don't do that. But if they are forced to make a judgement they will side with the Bible against the sin of homosexuality. It is scripture that judges, and the law of God.

1) humor..totally missed it
2) Nobody is forcing christians to judge...nobody...they do that freely (and with great zest I might add).
You honestly saying christians aren't casting stones...have you been watching the news? have you any clue whats going on out there?
in the west, the stones are words, they are condemnations done on microphones to crowds. They are in state halls, in laws, in banners, etc.
in some countrys...it is still literal stones.
Lets not pretend it doesn't exist still...lying is a sin after all

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Well, it was
Not my hate mind you, but to expose the hate of the biggest religion in the USA overall. I want the christian church to end, because its disfunctional, confused, political, corrupt, and misguided as its current form. If a new form of church rises up that focuses on just loving one another and god, that stays out of the condemnation business, and actually is a source of building all people up verses tearing down, then fantastic.

The church is dying...the question is, what will come from its ashes. Something will, I am personally hopeing a new church focused on messages of love and acceptance...let people simply be aware of the facts, but choose as they wish.
You might do well having a discussion with a member here, AQuestion, whom seems to balance this out quite nicely, Not to worry, he isn't one of my "fans"..you can go back several pages here and see him endlessly calling me a bigot (incorrectly I may add)..so your safe to give him some consideration for his methods.

You haven't spent much time with Real christians have you..

The True Church is Vibrant Alive and Well. If you are not in it, how could you know?

Sure there may well be an abundance of fakers in the US and if you try to take the pulse of the fake church your gonna come up with such an assumption.

You don't understand real Christians, nor the Love that motivates them.

We aren't going anywhere... You will have to KILL us to get rid of us... it wouldn't suprise me in the least if secular society begins laying the foundation to convince the masses that this is necessary. It has happened in the past, is still happening in other parts of the world and it may well happen again, even in America.

This propaganda about Christians hating Gays runs that Direction, You are propping up FALSE perceptions to what end?

Well you have exposed yourself in this post.

You want to exterminate the Christian Church and why? Because we preach Christ and his Message of Sin and Salvation.

You would only accept a Church who doesn't preach Christ or his message that the Ways of the World are evil. Well sorry to burst your fantasy, but the True Church will NEVER cease preaching Christ crucified for the Sins of the World.

The True Church will continue to spread a message of repentance, forgiveness, love and hope. Even while people like you continue to pursue a message of Hate, Division, and I believe eventually violent Oppression of Religion.

I will continue to pray for you and those who think like you do.

Soul

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

It can't be fictional if they believe it...beliefs is just unproven. I believe in aliens (to an extent)...there is currently no proof, that doesn't mean its fictional...just unproven..but it makes sense to me. If someone says they don't believe because there is no proof, that is perfectly valid and I won't become upset about it, as they may be right.

Typical christian I actually disagree with also, Most christians I personally know are good people overall. I personally may suggest they are a bit simple in regards to this..nor maybe not curious enough to investigate...theres a hundred different reasons a christian is a christian, but you will find the true hypocrites of the religion are a minority.
Still, there is a perception issue with the church as a whole...bad marketing.

Is christianity just a fairy tale? Well, fairy tales often come from one of two places...legends or euphemisms. legends have a foot in history, euphemisms are made up to teach a valid moral. both allow for a bit of credibility either way you look at it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You haven't spent much time with Real christians have you..

I never met a "fake" christian..or at least someone whom introdiced themselves as such..but most I talk to suggest they are real and others are fake. I guess its subjective then. Maybe the true christians are the ones that don't claim to be one. Who knows.

The True Church is Vibrant Alive and Well. If you are not in it, how could you know?

Best line I heard was the church was within.

You don't understand real Christians, nor the Love that motivates them.

Again, not sure what a real christian is, What I do cringe at is someone judgemental and hateful of others free will. I may not be the best judge on who is and isn't a real christian, but I can point out a bully when I see one.

We aren't going anywhere... You will have to KILL us to get rid of us... it wouldn't suprise me in the least if secular society begins laying the foundation to convince the masses that this is necessary.

It would surprise me (and I am all about the secularism). But, I do keep in mind this is ATS...bit of nonsense and unsubstantiated paranoia is the norm here. Not to worry...should those mean secularists decide to start killing off christians (or muslims, atheists, anyone really), I will be right next to you in the ditch fighting off the red army. heh..
but until then, take a breath, get some air, come out of the bunker, pretty quiet up here.

This propaganda about Christians hating Gays runs that Direction, You are propping up FALSE perceptions to what end?

I don't deny there being propaganda...I didn't personally make it, its just there.
Maybe its all a lie..maybe the christian church isn't anti-homosexuality..maybe they aren't trying to keep out gay people in their ministry, or alter the constitution, pass laws accepting religious practices for some and not all, etc etc etc.
But, the illusion then seems pretty convincing...
hell, just looking at this thread, I see lots of this so called incorrect propaganda being spread by those whom call themselves christian (I guess those must be the fake ones?)

Well you have exposed yourself in this post.

sorry
-zips up-

You want to exterminate the Christian Church and why? Because we preach Christ and his Message of Sin and Salvation.

Its more sin than salvation.
But my personal subjective desire to destroy the church is not to destroy faith..but the poltical organization of the christian church and its influence in slowing down science and progress of our species.
I am a fan of spirituality. and people should have faith in something bigger than themselves...I oppose that mortor and brick place where the employees are paying off senators and lobbying washington for alterations for their control benefit.
That, to me, is not a holy institution, thats a corporate institution (I am anti-corporation...rage against the machine and all that)

You would only accept a Church who doesn't preach Christ or his message that the Ways of the World are evil.

God made the world, no? therefore..not evil

Even while people like you continue to pursue a message of Hate, Division, and I believe eventually violent Oppression of Religion.

more nonsense. Practical opposition, sure..violent..if you must win minds through threats and violence, you won nothing. I don't threaten people with violence and doom...thats more your side of the fence actually (what with the eternal torture and such)

I will continue to pray for you and those who think like you do.
Soul

Cheers. But, are you praying I change my perception to be yours?
edit on 18-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I can see how some people confuse Christians with christians. Chrisrians follow Christ and leave the judging to God and only tell what the scriptures say about the matter. The other group to which you lump all Christians into are of the religious kind, and they have a lot of judging to do on people. But Christ is not about religion.

I'm sorry you missed it, but what could you do ?

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join