It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Troll post. I am surprised you have received so many stars on this subject.

It is not anti-homosexual, it is a message of salvation and how to live in this effed up world. What you posted amounts to more hate than I have ever seen come from a true christian.

The second poster was more accurate. 95% of the Bible has nothing to do with the subject.

Also, it condemns sex outside of marriage. So now its anti-pre-maritals?

Think about what you post. How did this post benefit anybody? It did nothing but spread more hate adding fuel to a fire when we don't need the heat.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
Unless of course I am mistaking you for being more intelligent then you are. I am really not sure if your actually an intelligent but severely biased person, or just that stupid. Kind of like watching Mr.Magoo.

Reminds me of a favorite quote by a fictional character, Dr. Mordin Solus, Salarian bioengineer
"I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me."

Anyhow, I feel you and I are at a impass in this discussion...and its actually not the topic of the thread anyhow, so a bit of a distraction.
You have failed to link up a clear understanding of why you personally do not like homosexual people in regards to a percieved unfair system catering towards women moreso than men (a notion I reject overall..not in all areas, but as a general whole which I will, if noticing a thread discussing such things, chime in and discuss in greater detail).
This particular thread is not about feminism overall...and without connecting fully how feminism = homosexuality and how it influences the young adults to somehow view the church poorly, then its sort of a moot point either way.
You hate feminism, I get it...not the thread title or subject matter.There are plenty of hetrosexual feminists whom want to be paid equal and not be given a double standard in society

As far as my intellect. Well, I let my words and views speak for themselves. Some find me scholarly, some find me a idiot. both are right I suppose.
As a youth, I was obsessed with increasing my IQ to the highest it could possibly be. As I grow slightly long in the tooth, I am now more concerned in gaining a bit of wisdom in my processing power. Much more difficult task actually, as wisdom is subjective. I would suggest tempering your persuit of higher processing with functional compiling. program with a point or be stuck with pointless programming.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

It is not anti-homosexual, it is a message of salvation and how to live in this effed up world. What you posted amounts to more hate than I have ever seen come from a true christian.

The second poster was more accurate. 95% of the Bible has nothing to do with the subject.

Think about what you post. How did this post benefit anybody? It did nothing but spread more hate adding fuel to a fire when we don't need the heat.

Specifically...what in the study do you challenge?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have yet to meet any straight or heterosexual man yet who wants to hang around gay or homosexual men from every single faith in the world or belief.This nonsense is down right absurd and laughable.No straight men on the entire earth who want to hang around homosexuals .Both sides claim to be religious yet the one side who is against homosexual marriage is because factualy the bible says it is a sin.Does not mean that homosexuals have no rights.The issue is over some kind of union of marriage, that should have the kindnes to respect churchs and people who are against it as well.They should also realize that people grow up and learn homosexuality is unnatural and is factualy a large minority.They still deserve to live in peace and have their freedom as much as anyone else.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I see I am wasting my breath on an unrepentant sexist bigot. My stance atleast gives homosexuals an opt out, you? You laugh as victims of abuse die in police custody or are killed with a shotgun blast to their backs(A feminist, Domestic Violence lobbyist got into an argument with her Husband[they where newly weds], he did the right thing and walked away when it became too heated, she followed him with a shotgun and killed him in broad daylight).
edit on 17-5-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

I see you added a bit.

Murder is illegal, Assult is illegal. Violence happens.
I have had to treat women whom were stabbed by men. I have had to sit in a upstairs apartment and talk to a couple that loved each other, but the rather large guy had a drinking issue, followed by a beating issue.
I tried to help as best I could..but couldn't. She had no support whatsoever. she was dependent on him fully

Once she came to my apartment after a rather loud night, with a hole in her thigh, I instructed her to call the cops, and look at shelters to go to.

You can call me a sexist if you want. Paint me in any color that makes it easy for you to label. Personally I don't care. My experience in the matter comes from statistical data mixed with first hand watching the fists fly and cleaning up blood experience. Men are not as helpless as women here...yes, a woman can shoot a man, and she will go to jail...but if a woman punches a man..well, the physical strength of a woman typically is less than the physical strength of a man. women are also, due to social norms, often more dependent on men than visa versa (hell, we will couch surf for awhile if need be).
You don't know me, yet you have a stream of judgements on what I must be. labels and judgements is a simple shortcut to understanding, but it more often than not is inaccurate...not always, but often enough to make it a risky practice.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
I have yet to meet any straight or heterosexual man yet who wants to hang around gay or homosexual men from every single faith in the world or belief.This nonsense is down right absurd and laughable.No straight men on the entire earth who want to hang around homosexuals .Both sides claim to be religious yet the one side who is against homosexual marriage is because factualy the bible says it is a sin.Does not mean that homosexuals have no rights.The issue is over some kind of union of marriage, that should have the kindnes to respect churchs and people who are against it as well.They should also realize that people grow up and learn homosexuality is unnatural and is factualy a large minority.They still deserve to live in peace and have their freedom as much as anyone else.

Problem is, the state rewards married couples through various tax incentives, right of law, hospital visitations, etc. unions do not have the same legal benefits.

The state should abandon its practice to recognise a religious ceremony...accept unions between two people as a legal thing, but stop trying to wander through the minefield of a religious institution as a state sanctioned benefits program.

So, since they have their fingers deep in this, they have to be impartial overall. they cannot establish or favor any religion...so it is a constitutional issue...either they are equal in its treatment, or they back out entirely. Personally, I think they need to back out and turn all the authority to churches...let churches decide, not government...and however they decide, it makes no difference to the state, as they don't get bonuses either way...recognise only legal unions for legal purposes. There is no easy solution on this one though, I do understand that...it means removing a fairly long standing tradition in this country. But, then again, slavery was a long standing tradition..until it wasn't. So, stopping a established practice isn't necessarily a bad thing

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I'm going to try to answer your odd question...

Where do you get the idea its anti-homosexual? Seems more anti-everything thats pleasurable and desires of the flesh, a war against principalities and powers. To overcome what we are as humans and realize we can rise above sexual thieving murdering adulterous lower beings.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

I have homosexual friends. And I am straight and a christian. And I respect all faiths.

2nd

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Where do you get the idea its anti-homosexual?

What are you talking about?
You didn't read the ops, did you...
I am not the barnes group, nor do I have any affiliation with them. They are a christian research group that published the study.
What makes you think I personally either did the study, or even participated in it.

this thread is simple
Hey...look at this...this study says young adults find christianity anti-homosexual
Your response...shoot the messenger.

Do you have any opinion about the actual ops, or are you just looking to shoot some messengers.

reverse the question a bit now.

why do YOU think most young adults answered the question that way...why did they use that word overwhelmingly to describe Christianity?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Where do you get the idea its anti-homosexual?

What are you talking about?
You didn't read the ops, did you...
I am not the barnes group, nor do I have any affiliation with them. They are a christian research group that published the study.
What makes you think I personally either did the study, or even participated in it.

this thread is simple
Hey...look at this...this study says young adults find christianity anti-homosexual
Your response...shoot the messenger.

Do you have any opinion about the actual ops, or are you just looking to shoot some messengers.

reverse the question a bit now.

why do YOU think most young adults answered the question that way...why did they use that word overwhelmingly to describe Christianity?

Ah dernit sorry messenger I looked past the source and story. Took it all in as you saying it. I make these mistakes sometimes, its late, just got off work, gotta drive 65 miles in 4 hrs for my other job....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

When you choose to personally insult someone, you demonstrate two things

1) your argument is weak. When lacking substance, attack the other personally.
2) your not attempting to engage in dialog.

Either way, it shows continued discussions on this matter with you is beneath my personal standards. Learn how to debate something without attempting to attack the person your debating. Old method that never works and only exposes the weakness in your stance.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Ah dernit sorry messenger I looked past the source and story. Took it all in as you saying it. I make these mistakes sometimes, its late, just got off work, gotta drive 65 miles in 4 hrs for my other job....

No worries
We are on page 30, and I would say 90+ % of people posting here also made the same mistake. thinking I wrote the study or something.
It started out as a curiosity on how Christians would fix it
now I am fascinated by the social experiment this thread has provided (kill the messenger mentality)

I have been amused at people fixating on my opinion on the matter or my supposed agenda, and ignore the actual point of the thread...like somehow I matter in the grand scheme of things. the majority of young adults..thats not a issue..but my personal views..thats truely the important aspect of it all.

heh

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by korathin

When you choose to personally insult someone, you demonstrate two things

1) your argument is weak. When lacking substance, attack the other personally.
2) your not attempting to engage in dialog.

Either way, it shows continued discussions on this matter with you is beneath my personal standards. Learn how to debate something without attempting to attack the person your debating. Old method that never works and only exposes the weakness in your stance.

Aww, did I strike a nerve? I am not insulting you. You said it yourself that your sexist. Sexism is a form of bigotry so you are in deed a bigot. I am just saying a truthful statement, but to your kind the truth is often insulting.

I really don't care about strength or weakness. I am guessing data from the CDC is "lacking of Substance". I still want to see these mythical statistics that paint women as such inferior creatures that you justify dehumanizing half the population and shrugging off with lines like "let them eat cake".

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I have a bigger question, why didn't you call the cops? Why did you put the pressure on someone in a messed up situation where they weren't thinking straight? I think you didn't want her to call the cops, after all it gave you a chance to be "Mr. hero", for once in your life to feel like a somebody.

Once she came to my apartment after a rather loud night, with a hole in her thigh, I instructed her to call the cops, and look at shelters to go to.

Details were, I cleaned her up, dialed the number and put it in her hands.
The cops were there in about 10 minutes, he didn't answer the door. they went in and arrested him, she didn't press charges.

Reading...your doing it wrong.

But your probably right..in your own mind anyhow.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Aww, did I strike a nerve? I am not insulting you. You said it yourself that your sexist.

I did?
care to source that out?

I say again...reading, your doing it wrong.

-You- said that I am a sexist.
are you having split personality issues or something?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I have a bigger question, why didn't you call the cops? Why did you put the pressure on someone in a messed up situation where they weren't thinking straight? I think you didn't want her to call the cops, after all it gave you a chance to be "Mr. hero", for once in your life to feel like a somebody.

Details were, I cleaned her up, dialed the number and put it in her hands.
The cops were there in about 10 minutes, he didn't answer the door. they went in and arrested him, she didn't press charges.

Reading...your doing it wrong.

But your probably right..in your own mind anyhow.

You said you instructed her you never said the cops showed up, I really don't care though because it is an anecdotal story from a professed sexist. And guess what? For well over a decade or more, heck since the 90's, as a matter of Federal and State law's have had "Must Prosecute Clauses". So any statement your making is more likely then not(if your not full of it) well over a generation removed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Aww, did I strike a nerve? I am not insulting you. You said it yourself that your sexist.

I did?
care to source that out?

I say again...reading, your doing it wrong.

-You- said that I am a sexist.
are you having split personality issues or something?

I D O N O T C A R E!

www.bing.com...

NOUN
sex discrimination: discrimination against women or men because of their sex
sexual stereotyping: the tendency to treat people as cultural stereotypes of their sex
Thesaurus
NOUN
Synonyms: bigotry, sexism, prejudice, narrow-mindedness, dogmatism, machismo, jingoism
Content above provided by
Encarta® World English Dictionary[North American Edition] © & (P) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

So by the admission of your words you are indeed a bigot.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I really don't care though because it is an anecdotal story from a professed sexist.

And still waiting for that source.
You calling me a sexist does not mean I am a sexist.
If you remember clearly, you came on here screaming out about feminism, unfair treatment of men because women get shelters when men don't, etc etc etc.

Am I a sexist? well, if you define being a sexist as someone whom is for equality where possible, then sure. If you deem sexism is someone whom acknowledges the difference in biology between the genders, then you have a poor understanding of the word.

You want to rant and fight. Are you banned from 4chan or youtube? Surely you can find a more suitable forum for this drivel and falseness you are pushing.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

SaturnFX
So, your wanting a sort of bunkhouse for men whom were beaten by women or something?
I am in two minds about the violence against women act mind you...I see the practical necessity of it..not all things are equal..men are stronger than women, and have a much greater role of physical intimidation over a woman..this is simple biology.
Is it unfair? no...is it equal? no. I am ultimately not bothered about a place where women can escape abusive partners...but then again, I have a slightly traditional view of men and women. Mostly because biological differences show this is how things simply are.

In your own words, you feel that men should be denied a safe haven because of their gender. The Amendment the Republicans brought(That the NOW opposes), would of forced all Domestic violence shelters that receive Federal monies to offer equal services to male victims of Domestic Violence.

There is no biological difference that justifies discrimination! You keep twisting your words and wiggling around like a psychopathic snake.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join