It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Sexual immorality of any gender within the Israel of God is prohibited because of its effect on the person. ·  Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having ONE THOUSAND OR MORE sex partners. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as sexual immorality in a lot of minds, not just Christians.

so the argument is homosexual (men) are significantly more promiscuous than heterosexual (men)?

and so WhoKnows, you associate homosexuality with promiscuity and thus heterosexuality connveniently less promiscuous and thus less sinful.

in Christianity's beliefs/teaching aren't they both sinful fornication once you are having sex before marriage, regardless? why did you not mention that??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Homosexuality is just another form of fornication. They are both sins that are condemned in the Bible, along with idolatry, murder, stealing. lying, and a host of other sins that could have resulted in a death sentence.
Heterosexual fornication, is already accepted by much of the Western world as acceptable behavior.

The truth is that many churches take no action whatsoever when it is revealed that a member is involved in an adulterous or immoral relationship.

Now that heterosexual fornication has gone mainstream, it appears that it is time for the left to try to lower the bar again.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling always spelling! *&^^%^%@%@$^$%

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Sounds straightforward enough to me.

yep it says don't be bisexuals

i dont see how you can construe the statement as being don't be homosexual. at it say if you sleep with women then don't sleep also with man(kind lol)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Actually, it says if he lies with a man as he would lie with a woman.

Don't deliberately misinterpret Biblical text just to redirect the hate.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Personally, I think the verses are very plainly written. Unless one feels the need to rationalize them in some way. However, take it whatever way you want. I'm not a christian, and I don't have a problem with gays.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Westboro Baptist church can do a protest and get a multitude more attention that anything "good" a single church can do in comparison. That's the unfortunate truth. Then "Christian opponents" focus on that. Christian moderates, or sensible Christians, don't have a stake in the issue so getting involved in the heated discussion isn't a priority, for better or worse. The percent of Christians that actually try to implement what the NT says is obviously very small.

The best case scenario for most Christians seems to be just going to church. Just like how you'll succeed in school if you simply show up. If you're a student though is debatable.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Because the gay and lesbian advocy groups are militant in their media campaigns.

Militant you say?
You mean...they occasionally are able to squeeze in a gay character in some sitcom?
my, yes, that is militant.

They cannot see the function that they are being used for - to elimate any desire in the remaining population to even contemplate seeking God for salvation. 1-2% of the population has the support of all media publishing - Hollywood, newspapers, television.

Actually, its closer to about 15% (in and out) and ya, there is probably about a good...oh, 5% of gay folk in various forms of media. which is still under statisical population norms, but what they lack in numbers, they make up for in being fabulousness.

We all see how charming and funny and sweet that 'gay guy' is on tv

Hmm
trying to remember a charming, funny, and sweet gay guy offhand as the norm.
mind you, I never watched erm...what was it, Will and Grace? But I do remember the gay couple on the Sarah Silverman show...they were not charming or sweet...but they were funny...then again, it is a comedy.

The most accurate representation I seen for a gay guy has been on a video game (mass effect) where ultimately he is just a guy.

I will say though the honey badger voice over guy is a riot.
Whats your issue against humor and charm anyhow? You know straight people can also be amusing and charming...
You seem to focus a lot on gay people in the media...just sayin..

a bigoted Christian hick.

Actually, not really sure I remember that either (what channel are you watching?)
The biggest bigoted christian hicks I note are...actual bigoted christian hicks...(I live in the deep south..not hard to come by)

And when you have Hitler's new Ministry of Propaganda

Godwin's law. 5 yard penalty, 3rd down.

Indoctrination---indoctrinate---
If you cannot contemplate how indoctrination works,
---indoctrination works. It's subtle, repetitious and relentless.

I see what your doing...

Anyhow, indoctrination:

Say what you want, but the Reapers are the real threat!!!

So does the OP. his beliefs were given to him by the very sources which reject the Saviour.

Well sure, but it came with a great gift bag when I was given it, and points on the rejection credit card everytime I talk about something gay.

Sexual immorality of any gender within the Israel of God is prohibited because of its effect on the person. ·  

Ya, but tattoos are also forbidden

found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having ONE THOUSAND OR MORE sex partners.

How many is the right amount of partners to qualify as being fine then?
Your right though..they should just settle down and marry one person...
oh..wait..thats an issue also, isn't it...hmm

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as sexual immorality in a lot of minds,

In some minds, not being a virgin on your wedding night is immoral.
I am not going to judge other peoples choices. Frankly, anyone whom has lots of flings are feeling a bit empty and lost..and that is neither a homo, or hetrosexual thing...thats just a people thing.

get to preach to your children that their lifestyle is PERFECTLY acceptable,

I wouldn't want some gay person to be preaching to my son how its great to sleep with tons of guys
but then again
I wouldn't want a straight dude to be preaching to my son how its great to sleep with tons of girls either.
Its inapprorate either way. no difference between the flaming gay guy, or the overly macho straight guy.

If I have to be called a bigot for calling sexual immorality of all types wrong,

all types, hmm...so, do you flip out when seeing a strip bar? Why not focus on the stuff already accepted by most..scantly clad women, lipstick and makeup, etc...I mean, your saying being turned on by gay stuff is satans plan...wouldn't any sexual immorality be the plan, and therefore the stuff you accept is a greater danger as its overlooked?
War on makeup and push up bra's. go.

then so be it. Wait until next year when psychiatrists are hoping to reclassify pedophilia. Wait a few years, then people hooked in the passions of sex, sex, sex ..

Hooked on sex.
Damn you biology! Why did you make sex feel good and hit our primal desires anyhow!
You are a..sure, put pepper on fries and tomorrow people will be having sex with turtles...UNNATURAL! type of person, aren't you.
Massive leaps in logic...

You have the opportunity to learn the truth for yourself if you value truth.

Your truth
Coming from the guy whom (probably) thinks snakes had feet and used to talk (bible reference, had to be done)

Anyhow, yes..so people like you are damaging to christianity. Well done.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Actually, it says if he lies with a man as he would lie with a woman.

Don't deliberately misinterpret Biblical text just to redirect the hate.

actually theres no need to paraphrase it

as if read it like it is, it's clear it says and thats not what you paraphrase it to say.

which is the problem with Christianity/Christians when they go Bible-mongering, overall.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
notice apparently like to tell people what to do - "dont do this, do this"...

its the same powertripping endemic in gay priests preaching against homosexuality

sacrilegious hypocrisy - in God's name - to the MAX

edit on 15-5-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would say all abrahamic religions are pretty misogynistic. Not just against homosexuality, but also against women. Probably has something to do with the books being written by Men in the middle ages and in the Middle East. The Pagan religion that existed before modern religion's had both Gods and Goddess's.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm wondering what the true objective is for The Barna Group's studies. Are their polls done to find out how well the devil's work is coming along, and where it needs to be focused next, to further weaken Christianity?

I don't think their studies have been used to help Christianity at all - such a pity.

reply to post by WhoKnows100

Well said, WhoKnows100. I'm glad there's at least one person out there who understands the situation.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

I'm wondering what the true objective is for The Barna Group's studies. Are their polls done to find out how well the devil's work is coming along, and where it needs to be focused next, to further weaken Christianity?

I don't think their studies have been used to help Christianity at all - such a pity.

Yes, any group that tries to figure out what people are thinking is clearly working for the devil.

Any godly group would completely ignore what 90% of young adults are seeing...after all, as we know, knowledge is anti-god..what with the tree and stuff...therefore knowing how your being percieved is clearly evil....best to keep doing what your doing and...wait...why is the church completely empty? hmm..maybe everyone got raptured...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Funny though.
It doesn't mention anything about a woman lying with a woman.

Women are ok.
Dudes are not.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Funny though.

Women are ok.
Dudes are not.

for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature

Not as straightforward, but literalists see it the same.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Are you deliberately trying to misconstrue my sentiments just to mock me?
I'm here to learn - not to be berated by some asinine heathen.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Funny though.

Women are ok.
Dudes are not.

Not initially anyhow
Paul came along well after christ and decided to update Leviticus by suggesting it was unnatural.

Paul is a bit of a stick in the mud...but most people follow the words of Paul moreso than the OT stuff (and certainly far more than they follow Christs words)..so, meh...if your a christian (aka, you worship Paul) then ya, lesbianism and such is also bad.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Are you deliberately trying to misconstrue my sentiments just to mock me?

No, well, not just to mock you anyhow. more to show you the flawed thinking you presented. Mocking just happened to be a good way to deliver the flaw (I like to call it sarcasm though as I was not mocking you specifically verses the idea itself...personally I don't know you)

I'm here to learn - not to be berated by some asinine heathen.

Heh, asinine heathen.
Anyhow, everything is an opportunity to learn, should you wish to learn.
Even asinine heathens can occasionally contribute here.

You can learn the secrets of the world simply by contemplating a rock, or you can learn nothing while sitting in a lecture class...your choice really..the format doesn't matter, the willingness does. So, your welcome (since you say your here to learn..and I just schooled you)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What a killjoy.
At least it's not an abomination.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Funny though.

Women are ok.
Dudes are not.

for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature

Not as straightforward, but literalists see it the same.

Thing is, thats not christ, nor even the OT..thats Paul...and Paul was making a organization and added a whole bunch of new stuff based off of.....erm...whatever came to mind really.

Many people see paul as an extention of christ and unquestioningly believe everything he thought up was probably what christ thought up also
Some also see him as a false prophet and corruptor of the initial message/voice.

So, when there is debate about someone, best to dismiss until further evidence proves one way or another and go back to the source (christ in this case and his view on the matter).

Listening to what Paul thinks about what a christian should do in order to be a christian is no different than listening to what muhammed thinks we should do in order to be a better christian...neither are christ, therefore neither can say outside of simple opinion based on pure subjective morality and perception.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

What a killjoy.
At least it's not an abomination.

Meh
Shellfish are also abominations...why the hell did god make soo many abominations?! Did he start drunk creating one day or something?

(actuality of it: abominations was a manmade decision based on things like eating certain foods gave food poisoning if not cooked properly, etc...so, instead of giving out long winded explanations about health services and food prep/infection/military assets, they simply said god said no...therefore no..
gotta remember the times...we are talking about almost cavemen...was a good effort to make them stop crapping right next to the food supply..much less discussing complex issues. Now adays, we have enough information and intellectual fortitude to cook properly, treat before infections (beards) and we don't need a massive standing army due to electronics, so babies aren't as critical to keep up the endless war cycle)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join