It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

your church sounds like a special place. one that upholds the teachings of christ. blessed be that you have found such a place, if indeed it has accepted all people, and is not trying to 'save them' from their sinning lifestyle.

but far too many christian establishments are not as tolerant as the one you have found, and therefore such zeal for anti-homosexuality must questioned.

this is not christian hating... this is accountability.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by SaturnFX

You seem to enjoy being provocative.
Can your pan ash stand up to my scrutiny.
I say NO.
You are a anti semite bible basher, a anti- Christianite
and a gay ignorant.
Make of this as you will.
You will not defend your self will you?

Good grief. That's a bit MUCH, don't you think?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
Something is amiss.

Some are saying Christianity DOESN'T hate homosexuality.
Some are saying that Christianity DOES but so do many religions.
Some are saying Jesus spoke out against it.
Some are saying he didn't.

Sounds like a lot of flip flopping from a presumably infallible source material.

If Christianity isn't Anti-Homosexual, is it Pro-homosexual, or indifferent to homosexuals, and can anyone back anything other than anti-homosexual dogma coming from the church?

Don't be so LAZY do it YOURSELF and post it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Dear wildtimes,

SaturnFX's paries have sliced your argument to ribbons. The OP presents a bit of information that he sourced, from a study he came across that was neither of his invention nor having to do with his "agenda". He is talking about whether the "faith" needs to reinvent itself or be allowed to die; he made no remark against homosexuals, or for them, either. He remains neutral on that topic, which is appropriate.

Which of my "arguments" did he destroy? I agree with him that there are bigots in the church and that people should leave churches which teach hatred. Is that the argument he destroyed? My issue with him was his not caring about the people he claimed to be supporting. My issue had to do with anti-homosexuality across the board and people using it as an excuse to attack religious groups rather than address it across all of society. Is that what you disagree with?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

I say NO.
and a gay ignorant.

Good grief. That's a bit MUCH, don't you think?

Well that is a bit little.
second time to be in tnc

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You don't know anything about God, because it is an infinite concept, and you have a finite mind. Try using a pencil to draw a line that never ends.
reply to post by Starchild23

Ecclesiastes 3:11 'He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that noone can find out the work that God has done from beginning to end.'
What I know about God is what He has enabled me to perceive by my 1 dimensional understanding of eternity.
Sure, eternity might be 10+ dimensions, but I have sufficient taste built within me to pursue the 1% of the 10% until I am in a place where I can be a part of that fully flowing river with no begining and end. I don't need a pencil for that. A pencil will merely circle my begining and my end in this life around the endless line that I am invited to be a part of.
Looking through a glass, darkly.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by mythos

i have consistently found their posts to be of substance, informative and rarely reactive.

How does this thread demonstrate any of the qualities you so esteem?

This thread is clearly the product of an antichristian agenda, as it reveals no truth whatsoever about true Christianity.

No truth?
Truth is perception

When asked by The Barna Group what words or phrases best describe Christianity, the top response among Americans ages 16-29 was “antihomosexual.” For a staggering 91 percent of non-Christians, this was the first word that came to their mind when asked about the Christian faith. The same was true for 80 percent of young churchgoers.

Perception then is that the church is anti-homosexuality.

The thread is quite simple. This is the perception according to this study.
reaction?
How to change maybe? or, look what you did..or is this accurate, or etc.

You can toss stones at me for pointing out this groups research...I don't care..it doesn't make this study go away...after 800 posts, the study still remains, people 16-29 almost unanimously suggest this is their one word perception.

So..ya...this thread, this study, all of it is totally about me and me alone...nevermind the substance, best to just call me a jerk and go back to whatever it is you were doing before this verses actually become a bit curious about what the study shows.

which incidentally I didn't take part in.

So stop supporting a man who clearly knows nothing about true Christianity, and is simply spouting hate-filled propaganda.

Stop supporting a ...etc
nice, you are directing him to stop supporting, stop thinking, stop reading.

Problem is
90% of young adults (16-29) have rejected such notions..if your last statement still worked, there would be no problem...alas, the church is losing its mind control over the masses it appears.

so..let me try then.

Stop defending a religion.

did that work? probably as well as you telling someone else to stop supporting what they choose to support I would bet.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

You don't know anything about God, because it is an infinite concept, and you have a finite mind. Try using a pencil to draw a line that never ends.

Challenge accepted! Is computer generated fine?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

your church sounds like a special place. one that upholds the teachings of christ. blessed be that you have found such a place, if indeed it has accepted all people, and is not trying to 'save them' from their sinning lifestyle.

but far too many christian establishments are not as tolerant as the one you have found, and therefore such zeal for anti-homosexuality must questioned.

Accountability to who and friggin what FLY??
Some nut JOB in a hole?
edit on 5/16/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

it is a legitimate question as to why a religion the purports Love and Tolerance, can be driven by such animosity towards a large segment of the population
reply to post by mythos

Large segment of the population

Wow, those statistics have more dress changes than a Madonna concert.
Agenda much?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I say NO.
and a gay ignorant.

They are a Satanist, Saturn was the lord of the rings and his hypno-frog is a play on unclean spirits.

They even have trans-humanist in their avatar.

Does this help you a little?

If not, go get learned on the esoteric.

Thanks
I have known this from the womb. LOl
Let's let him reply and see.
the best ljb

Salron was the lord of the rings.
-sighs-
Seriously...you lot don't know who the main bad guy was in LOTR?!

and hypnotoad is..hypnotoad.
Futurama reference
All glory to the hypnotoad!!!

Actually I was referring to the planet. The book was just based on mystery school teachings, don't clown with me.

Saturn - Lord of the Rings
www.tufts.edu...

And if you want to go to the lord of the rings reference the two towers are Joachim and Boaz, aka Gemini.
Sauruman is Solomon , the giant flaming (lol no pun intended) eye atop the obelisk is Satan.

Middle Earth is describing the realm in a kabbalistic sense.

Saturn FX F=6 the number of man and X = crossing the dimensions

You are making a very foolish decision in pursuing this path.

And since we are talking theater I would suggest you go watch Tron Legacy again and get a Clue.
edit on 16-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Some nut JOB in a hole?

i have no idea what you mean by this. elaborate so i can respond appropriately, please.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by mythos

i have consistently found their posts to be of substance, informative and rarely reactive.

How does this thread demonstrate any of the qualities you so esteem?

This thread is clearly the product of an antichristian agenda, as it reveals no truth whatsoever about true Christianity.

No truth?
Truth is perception

When asked by The Barna Group what words or phrases best describe Christianity, the top response among Americans ages 16-29 was “antihomosexual.” For a staggering 91 percent of non-Christians, this was the first word that came to their mind when asked about the Christian faith. The same was true for 80 percent of young churchgoers.

Perception then is that the church is anti-homosexuality.

The thread is quite simple. This is the perception according to this study.
reaction?
How to change maybe? or, look what you did..or is this accurate, or etc.

You can toss stones at me for pointing out this groups research...I don't care..it doesn't make this study go away...after 800 posts, the study still remains, people 16-29 almost unanimously suggest this is their one word perception.

So..ya...this thread, this study, all of it is totally about me and me alone...nevermind the substance, best to just call me a jerk and go back to whatever it is you were doing before this verses actually become a bit curious about what the study shows.

which incidentally I didn't take part in.

So stop supporting a man who clearly knows nothing about true Christianity, and is simply spouting hate-filled propaganda.

Stop supporting a ...etc
nice, you are directing him to stop supporting, stop thinking, stop reading.

Problem is
90% of young adults (16-29) have rejected such notions..if your last statement still worked, there would be no problem...alas, the church is losing its mind control over the masses it appears.

so..let me try then.

Stop defending a religion.

did that work? probably as well as you telling someone else to stop supporting what they choose to support I would bet.

Simplicity says that if you are ignorant of what you post. Then stuff it.
You have absolutly no clue here. All you do is with your quaking finger tips hold on to a bogas poll. That has no meaning in the free world AT ALL.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
Something is amiss.

Some are saying Christianity DOESN'T hate homosexuality.
Some are saying that Christianity DOES but so do many religions.
Some are saying Jesus spoke out against it.
Some are saying he didn't.

Sounds like a lot of flip flopping from a presumably infallible source material.

Pretty confusing isn't it?

In my opinion, you have Christianity and then you have New Age Christianity. This is where the water starts getting muddy.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Saturn - Lord of the Rings
www.tufts.edu...

And if you want to go to the lord of the rings reference the two towers are Joachim and Boaz, aka Gemini.
Sauruman is Solomon , the giant flaming (lol no pun intended) eye atop the obelisk is Satan.

Middle Earth is describing the realm in a kabbalistic sense.

Saturn FX F=6 the number of man and X = crossing the dimensions

You are making a very foolish decision in pursuing this path.

ok, I gotta admit, that is a pretty awesome copulation there actually. I may even have to use some of it.
But I think your reading too much into the trilogy actually...I seen religious folk try to put biblical meaning into every pop show, from star wars, to matrix. simple association based on..meh, their desires I guess.
I could also put meaning onto almost anything to make it seem like its hidden messages. was a game I used to play in school with music lyrics and their true meaning.

I do like that though...Saturn..the planet with rings, the lord of the rings...brilliant. Actually, that makes me want to use my older avatar now. Cheers.

oh, and no..truth is, the original name was SaturnGraphics (old company name) but joined a forum a bajillion years ago that didn't allow that long a name..had to condense it to FX (for effects...did flash, CG, etc)

But ya, your version is way cooler...snipped (if you don't mind)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

though i found your Madonna jest humorous, i did not realize we are going to split hairs to play "define large".

www.gallup.com...

the percentage of folk who identify as gay is not in certitude, and the number varies widely pendant upon the poll.

but even, on the lowest end of the percentage: 2% is a large number, as 2% of 315,000,000 americans is healthy population size.

point being, i am sure most everyone here knows at least one person who is homosexual.

in fact... i know more people who are homosexual, than believe in aliens!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Some nut JOB in a hole?

i have no idea what you mean by this. elaborate so i can respond appropriately, please.

Honestly I can not account for your ignorance.
That is your delema.
Search your soul. It's in there dude.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

define for us your take on: Christianity & New age Christianity.

i am sure when Martin Luther tacked his 95 theses on that church door, they thought it was New Age Christianity as well.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Interesting. Christians you say are bigots about Gay's. You are a bigot about Christians. Same thing, different target.

and off topic.

Actually, it's very much on topic. Those who are anti-Gay, no matter their religion are expressing genuine bigotry, just as those who are anti-Christian simply because they exist are also expressing genuine bigotry.

Christianity is not responsible in any way. A person who claims to be Christian, but engages in non-Christian acts (any act of hate) is not acting as a Christian but as a hater.

Bigot is simply a term to describe a person who hates (dislikes) another because they belong to a specific group. Many if not most of us are bigoted in some way.

Why single out Christians if it's not a personal thing against Christians? Seems to me you would be discussing religion in general? In Islam, under Sharia Law the penalty for being found out to be Gay is death by decapitation I understand. Which poses the greatest risk to Gays; death if they are found out or having to enter into a civil union instead of a marriage?

If a person from say Buffalo NY kills a Christian out of hatred of Christians, does that make all residents of Buffalo Christian Haters. No, that would be absurd to even think that. It's equally absurd to lump Christianity into one entity and blame all Christians for the actions of a few.

We are all bigoted and it clouds all our thought processes. In this case you don't seem to realize that Christians and our points of view are very diverse and you cannot rationally lump all of us together. On the same note you can't lump all Muslims together with extremists who dominate the news about them and their culture. Only when we judge each person as an individual are we even rational.
edit on 5/16/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join