It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All right Saturn ! FnS for an outstanding and interesting thread.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What the young adults, aged 18-26 think in one word about say, muslims may be even less flattering..

Don't bother attempting to lump my age group (20's) in with the racists of the world. It's rather insulting.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I wonder if you are aware of what Christ said concerning what you just wrote. Christ said to his apostles " Ye are Gods " Good for you however you came to that conclusion ? The new testament seems to concur.

I believe this is proof that God is reproducing himself thru us.
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

No, I don't see it as reproduction.
The concept is fairly old and pretty normal..we are all part of god.
As Jesus said, he and the father are one...if we believe in him, then we know we are part of him, that he and us are the same.
the thing that separates him from others, from walking on water and such is simply a matter of faith.

My view, just from a outside source, is a guy saying..dudes, we are all in the matrix, look, we can bend stuff and all that...
and the public saying..wow, he is magical..he can bend reality and whatnot
and he facepalms, saying he is not magical, but we all are sort of..just do it. believe you can and you can, not a hope, but just a knowing...

aka, we are not separate from the creator in his mind..we are all part of it, and we are all a bunch of dimwits that haven't seen through the ruse of separation yet.

just my interpretation of..well, his entire point of existence.

I also, with my views outside of the faith, see this paul dude coming along after J died and said...oh, thats nice..anyhow, everything he said isn't actually fact...you gotta go through the church, and treat him like a seperate deity...your not special, he was...when he was saying you are special..there is contingencies on it by doing this ceremony, and making that an idol, and worshiping a person verses acknowledging, etc etc etc..aka, he started up a marketing scheme once Neo left.
(not a fan of that Paul dude. 80% truthiness, 20% scam)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Just because Paul was single when he wrote that doesn't mean he was always single. Don't forget that Paul finished writing the letter to the Corinthians near 55 CE. He could have been a widower...the Bible doesn't say. It may be that Paul had been married at one time and knew what he was talking about when he said that marriage would bring, "tribulation in the flesh". 1Cor 7:28. Maybe he had first hand experience and decided the single life was better.

Just something to consider.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I think you'll find "BIGOTED" a much better word to sum up this religion

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by randyvs

I am told that quote was regarding the priests, and not just mankind in general.

However, perhaps it was because he was addressing the priests at the time?

I don't know. However, I am certain that we can become gods. We have overcomplicated the definition of the word "god"...Thor was not all-knowing, nor was Odin omnipresent. Quetzlcoatl did not create the world, and Vishnu was not prophesied to save it.

So why should any one god have all of these powers? It would seem that the Christian God is a cop-out...an easy fix to all of the hard-to-answer questions in the world.

edit on CWednesdaypm020229f29America/Chicago16 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

I think it is either that, or it is the absolute truth of what creation it self would require of it's creator. I simply have chosen to believe the latter that sadly being where we part in our beliefs.

link   

Perhaps you should look into the "Lucifer Experiment".

Basically, it states that all of reality is an experiment, and you can do whatever you want. Sometimes, a world is created where we decide to separate ourselves from the source for a time...and it always fails.

Hmm, imagine that. Doesn't it sound a little familiar?

link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
You sentence here --neither Harry or Jesus ever took a crap in their books
MEANS WHAT?? Are you an anti semite?? ALSO.

It means what it means. You seem to have limited cognitive abilities on top of very poor reading comprehension. Do yourself a big favor and don't read my posts anymore. I have a distinct impression that you are not going to understand what I am talking about, and I am not going to speak down to you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you saying your beliefs differ from mine?

I don't think that's the case...not that it matters, really.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What the young adults, aged 18-26 think in one word about say, muslims may be even less flattering..

Don't bother attempting to lump my age group (20's) in with the racists of the world. It's rather insulting.

Racists?
Muslims are not a race...
Muslims are a religious group..like Christians.

A person having a very dim view of Muslims is the exact same thing as a person having a very dim view of Christians..neither are racist (unless you believe only Arabs can be Muslims, and all Muslims are only Arabs, or Persians)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's the main difference. And really, I firmly believe we can overcome it. Seriously, we've shown ourselves capable of superhuman acts...who says we aren't already gods, in a sense?

EEErr like Lenin,

Religion in the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union - Similarto Religion in the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As the founder of the Soviet state, V. I. Lenin, put it: Religion is the opium of the people: this saying of Marx is the cornerstone of the entire ideology of Marxism ...

YES SIR FANATICS are a dime a dozen

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I'm sorry, how did that relate to what I said?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I would say any of the Abrahamic religions condone homosexuality.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by longjohnbritches

I'm sorry, how did that relate to what I said?

See above
second

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

I would say any of the Abrahamic religions condone homosexuality.

Prove it Prove it
And then explain why

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Thank you!, I don't like people like the OP...they are very sadistic and only attack specific groups (which increases the hate and violence).

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Perhaps you should look into the "Lucifer Experiment".

Basically, it states that all of reality is an experiment, and you can do whatever you want. Sometimes, a world is created where we decide to separate ourselves from the source for a time...and it always fails.

Hmm, imagine that. Doesn't it sound a little familiar?

Different line of thinking.
You were born into a world where you knew from day 1 you were going to die.
Very concerning..this whole concept of mortality..of a literal end.
You cherished every day you were alive (some days moreso than others). Because tomorrow is promised to nobody.
Through years, you grow, you scramble to do something
Technology grows as you do
Then late in life, when death looms like a executioner over you..technological breakthroughs occur to extend your life a bit more..and a bit more, and then eventually death itself is overcome and we are eternal.

Later on, children come, but they have totally lost the cherished feeling of mortality, of the true gift of life, due to it simply being unending..it is boring, they are unmotivated, they lost their creativity..the original first generation is still active though, still motivated by something that was encoded into their being from their birth.

So a big project happens. a virtual reality of sorts where you are born into a matrix. You experience the mortality, you experience the looming death, and you experience the slow transformation from a society of death, to an everlasting life...

This would be the general era where we may overcome such things as death...if there was to be a sort of training ground virtual program, perhaps that is what we are in.

just a random thought

In a world where death is meaningless, we would want to get the understanding through some medium, if only to give our actual existence greater purpose and appreciation.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just saw this video today: LINK

I mean, look at this guy.... if I would dress in an absurd manner like him they call me insane but the way he looks is fine??!!

edit on 16-5-2012 by Baron01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I don't believe thee priests were any different from any of us. They were blessed for having seen. How much more blessed are we for believing having seen not ?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join