It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst: First American to shoot down drone will be a hero

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Simple legal question. Do I own the airspace above my property, and if so to what altitude?

The only defense I think I could use for shooting it down would be that I was worried it would fly out of control and cause property damage, so I took it out away from any major structures just to be safe. Then called the cops to report it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Jordan River
Is america forcing the american public to up rise? I can picture americans dancing over a drone just like Arabs(terrorist/etc) dancing over a drone. MINDF*%^&

Don't worry, when the next Republican steps into office (after Obama's 2nd term is over), Fox News will act as if the country is in excellent condition just like they did when Bush was in office.

"War is good, civil liberties are overrated. USA!"

Now a Democrat is in office.

"War is bad, protect your rights! USA...is doomed."

See the pattern? The media portrays the country we're in judging by the party in office.

It's THAT simple.

It doesnt matter who's in office, the agenda stays the same. Keep adding more and more invisible threats to justify expanding the patriot act and adding additional laws and acts that erode our rights and take away our freedom, right before our eyes.

All this happens while the entertainment industry keeps you distracted by the likes of American Idol and the media does the same by driving sensationalized and divisive stories down our throats, day after day.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman
Simple legal question. Do I own the airspace above my property, and if so to what altitude?

The only defense I think I could use for shooting it down would be that I was worried it would fly out of control and cause property damage, so I took it out away from any major structures just to be safe. Then called the cops to report it.

An interesting answer to that from The Straight Dope dot com....

Usque ad coelum as a principle of private ownership was formally given the boot by the U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. v. Causby (1946). The court laid down a new rule: you've got air rights only insofar as they're essential to the use and enjoyment of your land. Military aircraft using a nearby airport during World War II had flown over the Causby family chicken farm at an altitude of 83 feet, scaring the chickens and rendering the property unfit for the raising thereof. The court generously ruled that the Causbys had a right to compensation. Big of them, wasn't it? Bah. Under the previous system Old Man Causby could have taken out a few bombers with his shotgun, and that would have been that.

Also I'd imagine that in the case of national security or law enforcement actions in performing their duties bring up a whole different set of rules.

I don't think Krauthammer was serious though, do you?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Drones fly miles up in the sky.

How the heck you gonna shoot it down?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If they fly them over my home I will do my best to bring one down. There are no terrorists at my house so no reason for drones to be flying over my home.

Think I will try a little directional EMP.

EMP/HERF Shock Pulse Generators

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My biggest fear on a thread like this is that every Tom, Dick and Harry with a high power rifle and a Rambo complex will now half at least half an eye skyward for what they think is a drone. God help someone if Bubba doesn't know a Reaper from a Single Seat Prop plane. The only comfort is that making a shot like that is likely PURE luck or requires a skill level that would almost certainly include direct knowledge of what the various drones look like...up close.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, that would be terrible. However, if it did happen, his panel of lawyers could just hold a press conference to release a statement that says "As unfortunate as it is, due to faulty intelligence, "collateral damage is always a risk during times of war"
Hey, it works for the US Military

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Heat-seeking RPG anyone? First to shoot down this guy, will be remembered forever as "The man/woman that shot The Eye down."

That has a nice ring to it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
Heat-seeking RPG anyone? First to shoot down this guy, will be remembered forever as "The man/woman that shot The Eye down."

That has a nice ring to it.

Heat-seeking RPG's are only in video games. And drones fly miles up in the sky. RPG's have a range of about 1000 meters over a more or less horizontal ark (abut a half mile) and would have FAR less of a range if shot straight up.

Now we return to your previously scheduled video game marathon.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Jordan River
Is america forcing the american public to up rise? I can picture americans dancing over a drone just like Arabs(terrorist/etc) dancing over a drone. MINDF*%^&

Don't worry, when the next Republican steps into office (after Obama's 2nd term is over), Fox News will act as if the country is in excellent condition just like they did when Bush was in office.

"War is good, civil liberties are overrated. USA!"

Now a Democrat is in office.

"War is bad, protect your rights! USA...is doomed."

See the pattern? The media portrays the country we're in judging by the party in office.

It's THAT simple.

It doesnt matter who's in office, the agenda stays the same. Keep adding more and more invisible threats to justify expanding the patriot act and adding additional laws and acts that erode our rights and take away our freedom, right before our eyes.

All this happens while the entertainment industry keeps you distracted by the likes of American Idol and the media does the same by driving sensationalized and divisive stories down our throats, day after day.

I think you're missing the point.

It does matter who's in office, depending on the Network.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Still, has at least a range. But it depends on your model of heat-seeker. I'll go with an AIM-9 Sidewinder on a turret and designed to fire at a push of a button.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

Still, has at least a range. But it depends on your model of heat-seeker. I'll go with an AIM-9 Sidewinder on a turret and designed to fire at a push of a button.

Again, no. there are no heat seeking RPG's. And a AIM-9 is not a handheld device like an RPG AT ALL.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have to wonder if maybe this is a set up. They said what they did just to get people to talk about taking one down. They want people to talk about it so that can read what is said and come up with countermeasures. They could be reading this every thread right now and taking notes. We could be giving them all our ideas.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

obviously you were ignoring me, I said turret, not something I can hold in my hand.

Plus who are you to shoot down the idea that people don't like to be watched by those who don't like rebellion?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

True, this maybe an idea that wants us to get the idea that if we want privacy we need to act by doing... this.... and this.... and that. (i.e. shooting down a spy drone with a 2nd amendment weapon a.k.a. any kind of weapon)

And true, once one acts, they come in shoot them down for shooting down a $1,000,000 piece of equipment. As well, with that said, they are saying that a hunk of metal is more important than a living breathing person.

I mean, can you talk to a drone? Yes. Will it talk back? Nope. Welcome to their view of a Borg-like planet,

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join