It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst: First American to shoot down drone will be a hero

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Seriously ?

Go on pick on the handicapped Fox News analyst who sits in a wheel chair people have no idea of what Charles thinks because their political ideology blinds them so.

Blah for once how about not letting political ideology blind their common sense drone over America is an afront to everything this nation stood for.
edit on 16-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
reply to post by Juggernog

If I had my way though they'd wait until the inevitable day when the drones in our airspace are armed, then hack it and have it unload on a federal building.

In which case you are no better than the guys who slammed airplanes into the WTC, blew up the Oklahoma City Federal building, or anyone else who advocates violence and killing of innocent civilians to achieve a political goal. You couldn't possibly really mean that. Shame on you if you did. Perhaps someone needs to pay you a visit.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
This post will probably get me some hate, but if you're saying it's a violation of your rights and such to have them in America, then what gives you the right to use them in other countries?

"I" dont use a damn thing in any other country and neither does anyone else posting on here.
If you bother to read the posts in the thread, youll see that most of us are opposed to the US violating our rights
as well as violating International Law.
When are you idiots going to look beyond your noses and realize that US Citizen does NOT equal US Govt.

Do you have any say on what your leaders decide about foreign policy? I didnt think so.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I personally feel that if Iran can bring one down, without having to shoot it down. Then some of the brillient minds you have down there in the states, and in some of the border cities in Canada that we have, can put something together so we can start collecting our own drone army. Start landing them in fields as a game just so we can watch DHS and whomever else has these things out monitoring 24/7, have to come and play hide and go seek with there little toys. Pretty sure there are some people out there with the knowledge to do so, and if not lets send a letter to Iran maybe they will let us in on how they did it??? LoL just don't really see too many people being coy with this sort or intrusion in there everyday lives, especially all the people with high powered rifles.

SaneThinking

Eh... Would take about 2 week to equip a rc jet with proper cam and a modified good ol' full auto glock... f*** Tom Clancy's hawk lol best of it all is you can be within about a 2 mile range hidden in a basement too... It sad the army doesn't think further then their noses...

And an average RC jet should out perform any drone too which is the fun part!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-5-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Are you nuts? If you shot down a Drone youd be considered a terrorist and potention threat to the states. NOT a HERO! duh

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GARN40ish

Officially you would be an enemy. That's why Krauthammer said "FOLK-Hero" A hero of THE PEOPLE. But as has been stated several times before, the first person to do it will be made a martyr.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You don't need to shoot it down.You just need Anonymous to hack it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There's a new video game coming out.....black ops 2 and the plot involves terrorists hijacking control of our robot armies and using our weapons against us. Even though it's just a video game, I see a real world paralell of the risks of deploying these type of weapon systems ( armed drones) over US soil.

I also these drones as being a risk for use in a false flag attack, where a terror suspect "blows up their hideout" when in reality an explosion could come from a missile launched by a drone. Or even worse someone could try suicide by drone and be in a densely populated area and try to get the drone to target and launch a missile at them whereby casualties are inflicted on the other people nearby.

But on the another hand, there's a story in the bible that makes me think of these drones as maybe a good thing. In the Book of Samuel, David (as in David And goliath) is being chased by King Saul's troops all aroung his country. Then one night, David sneaks into King Saul's camp, between all the kings guards and steals the kings spear and water jug, instead of killing the king as he could very well have done.

In a current setting, maybe anonymous can hack/steal the drones and land them on pennsylvania ave to prove the point that these types of weapon systems don't belong flying over our cities especially when they are vulnerable to hacking like the iranians did.

My point is that stealing the drones could make someone a hero with the caveat that they don't launch any of the weapons. Because if someone tries to shoot one down, they'll be treated as an enemy combatant and they wont exist for much longer ....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don’t know what range it would have.
But could you use a bank of high power microwave ovens?
use about ten?

The core uses magnets. So you get ring magnets to focus it.
A metal tube. And not thin.
And use two high volt coils for the output.

So that’s 1000W at 4000V.
Take out the fuses and have good cooling.
And don’t stand any ware near it!

It should jam the radio controls.
a little like EMP wepon. And glide to a crash.
The ring magnets for focusing are the important part.
Old speakers have ring magnets.

Oh! Now the army will weponise it and use this!!!
I have the copyrights!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Gonna be time to find a new country soon. Horrible economy, good paying jobs close to non existent, trillions of dollars in debt, GMO everything with flouride in the water, and now drones flying over head?

Last I heard Al Qaeda could hook up satellite TV dishes to watch the video feeds because they werent encrypted, wonder if they ever fixed that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fox News Analyst: First American to shoot down drone will be......

First American to have the CIA, NSA, FBI, and ATF (each using their own separate equipment)
perform the world's first coordinated, deep, aggressive, unanesthetized...COLONOSCOPY

You might make the Guiness Book of World Records....or maybe you might finally find that
handy-dandy breakfast-cereal decoder ring you swallowed when you were three years old
edit on 16-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am going to shake my wee-wee at it.

Then turn around and show them my hairy ass.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
If a Republican were in office, Fox News would consider anyone who opposes such drones a terrorist or anti American, just like those who protested the 2004 Republican Convention.

The hypocrisy coming from the righties is severe and repulsive.

Ahhh partisan time!

So with Obama in office, you're okay with it?

Of course you missed the point.

Of course.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Seriously ?

Go on pick on the handicapped Fox News analyst who sits in a wheel chair people have no idea of what Charles thinks because their political ideology blinds them so.

Blah for once how about not letting political ideology blind their common sense drone over America is an afront to everything this nation stood for.
edit on 16-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I don't give a damn he's handicapped. He's a liar and a douche.

Amazing to see him get respect when it's the same guy who bashes Ron Paul. Damn, ATS. Work your sh*t out.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
"Folk hero"

I may actually agree with a Fox News anchor for once... Jesus, things MUST be getting bad!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Heres another angle to look at this from. The cops in various cities have been trying to manipulate the state and federal wire tapping laws to arrest people that are filming them.
Wouldnt this fall under the same scenario?
They are filming us from the sky, from lamp poles at intersections and apparently, soon they will be recording our voices using recorders on lamp poles.
They cant have it both ways.

Thats the whole problem. The law is above the law.
It has been that way for some time now.
This bathwater is getting kinda warm don't you think?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Is america forcing the american public to up rise? I can picture americans dancing over a drone just like Arabs(terrorist/etc) dancing over a drone. MINDF*%^&

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
These things are going to start targeting and killing people eventually. That's all I have to say.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Is america forcing the american public to up rise? I can picture americans dancing over a drone just like Arabs(terrorist/etc) dancing over a drone. MINDF*%^&

Don't worry, when the next Republican steps into office (after Obama's 2nd term is over), Fox News will act as if the country is in excellent condition just like they did when Bush was in office.

"War is good, civil liberties are overrated. USA!"

Now a Democrat is in office.

"War is bad, protect your rights! USA...is doomed."

See the pattern? The media portrays the country we're in judging by the party in office.

It's THAT simple.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
Who is honestly going to whip out a stinger and shoot one of these down over U.S. soil? No one.

Well lets look at this a little closer. The US has been shipping weapons to countries for years for the people of these countries to use against there government. So if some one does whip out a Stinger and take out a drone it may just say MADE IN RUSSIA or MADE IN CHINA on the side. What goes around comes around. The US has made a lot of enemies around the world and I would say more than a few would be more than willing to give a "Freedom Fighter" a missile luncher just as the US has been doing for years all over the world. Think about it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join