It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst: First American to shoot down drone will be a hero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Haha, now I like this guy and I also believe that he is correct.

Source

Charles Krauthammer, the conservative columnist spoke about the use of drones for domestic spying last night. He blasted the idea: “A drone is a high-tech version of an old army. It ought to be used in Somalia to hunt bad guys but not in America. Yes you can say we have satellites, we have Google Street, we have everything else, but that is no reason to accept a society where you are always watched by the government. “I would predict the first guy who uses a second amendment weapon to bring a drone down who is hovering over his house will become a folk hero.”

edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue May 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It will NOT embed for the life of me

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Here you go......

Yes,Folk hero,and Domestic Terrorist,all rolled into one.

edit on 15-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hmmm let me try...

I agree 100%. Poor Hero will be martyr'd as well, for his efforts....by our own government, of course.

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with him, but I would recommend that people who plan on actually shooting down drones to wear a ski mask and have a good exit strategy..

There was a guy in Blaine Wa who was having trouble with border patrol always flying helos over his farm and hovering low making a lot of noise, so he shined a high power spot light at it, and they falsely claimed he almost made them crash, and now he's serving big prison time.. although he had no priors ever, and was 60 yo..

I imagine they will try and prosecute people severely for shooting down drones, so people should be prepared that they might have to do a lot more then just shoot drones..

Freedom is quite expensive when government becomes so perverted and corrupt as it is today in the USA..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Here you go, S&F!

Would love to see the argument FOR drones. . . . .

ETA, boy! am I slow!

edit on 15-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you guys, for getting it to embed... as you can see by my edits, I tried several times..

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'd love to see it done, hell I'd love to do it, but the first guy to do it will disappear from the face of the Earth. If some conspiracy theorist eventually stumbles upon documents indicating what they did with him, then he may finally get to be a hero, some 50 years after the fact.

Now if some American hacker manages to bring one down like the Iranians did, he might have enough of a head start to run and hide. If I had my way though they'd wait until the inevitable day when the drones in our airspace are armed, then hack it and have it unload on a federal building.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You probably missed the hyphen between the equal sign and the code...common thing, really. Also- I'm pretty sure you have to delete the &featurexxxxxx section too.
edit on 15-5-2012 by MzMorbid because: god damn this root beer is good.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I completly agree. The first person to do this will be made an example of in order to deter any further action against the drones. I am not sure, but I think that legally the government has the right to use aircraft to moniter activity anywhere it wants and anything incriminating would be useable as it is "in plain sight". That is another way around needing a warrant.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I personally feel that if Iran can bring one down, without having to shoot it down. Then some of the brillient minds you have down there in the states, and in some of the border cities in Canada that we have, can put something together so we can start collecting our own drone army. Start landing them in fields as a game just so we can watch DHS and whomever else has these things out monitoring 24/7, have to come and play hide and go seek with there little toys. Pretty sure there are some people out there with the knowledge to do so, and if not lets send a letter to Iran maybe they will let us in on how they did it??? LoL just don't really see too many people being coy with this sort or intrusion in there everyday lives, especially all the people with high powered rifles.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I, one, hope that anyone who shoots down a drone does us the courtesy of posting said event on YouTube directly after "the mission," because I will gladly assist in propelling the video across the Internet,. resulting in instant, and--might I add--well-deserved fame.
edit on 15-5-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

You probably missed the hyphen between the equal sign and the code...common thing, really. Also- I'm pretty sure you have to delete the &featurexxxxxx section too.
edit on 15-5-2012 by MzMorbid because: god damn this root beer is good.

Lol, yep you were right thanks

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I'd love to see it done, hell I'd love to do it, but the first guy to do it will disappear from the face of the Earth. If some conspiracy theorist eventually stumbles upon documents indicating what they did with him, then he may finally get to be a hero, some 50 years after the fact.

I am the same way, if I didnt have what it took to do it myself, I sure as hell would pay for a ringside seat

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Like Charles said the first person to shoot down a drone will be the first person who will be indefinately detained.

Pretty sad while there may be a legitmate use we all know that they will be abused so instead of those helicopters we all hear there will be nothing.

silent but deadly since they can also be armed and after all the government gave themselves the power to fight the war on terror in our own streets.

Hello Orwell.
edit on 15-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Im not quiet sure how the mod would consider this to be Political Madness over the forum that I had it in,which was social issues and civil unrest?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Like Charles said the first person to shoot down a drone will be the first person who will be indefinately detained.

Pretty sad while there may be a legitmate use we all know that they will be abused so instead of those helicopters we all hear there will be nothing.

silent but deadly since they can also be armed and after all the government gave themselves the power to fight the war on terror in our own streets.

Hello Orwell.
edit on 15-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Oh dang! Money idea!

"Hello Orwell" roof tatoo/applications

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, they definitely would but I think someone will be way before that happens.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Firstly, drones fly at thirty plus thousand feet i think....they are invisible, and noisless at that height very probably.....
Shooting one down wouldnt really be possible without a shoulder fired missile, and maybe that would be too far outranged as well....
The shoulder fired AAA is for close to ground defenses, the mounted stuff is for heights.
Secondly it would make far more sense to contaminate the fuel, destroy the drones on the ground ,screw up the control by freq jamming devices or other nefarious means....the chances of success are greater.
As too shooting one down you would need at LEAST a 50 caliber full auto MG one round probably wound do it from anything smaller....exploding bullets would be nice as well.....
The drones are well protected by their height and stealth...if anyone could shpot one down, the Taliban would have by now, they have all kinds of AAA missiles for shoulder firing, as well as possibly a few old grails or sams....certaainly Heavy MGs......
Iran so far is the only contestant to win a prize.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its self defense, you saw a drone above you and you shot it down..simples..SELF DEFENSE, plain and easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join