It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial art? You gotta see this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Most of you have probably seen the paintings mysteriously placed throughout the denver international airport and heard the conspiracies that follow... If not, here they are Denver airport paintings

When I stumbled across some art painted by a local artist, it gave me the chills and instantly reminded me of the aforementioned controversial Denver airport paintings..

Here is one piece... (ill post more after i get sufficient feedback on this one, i want to keep the thread focused on one painting at a time) Let me know what you think, and try to interpret it as much as you can... I'm going to be in contact with the artist shortly, but before I get his meaning... I'd like to hear what you all have to think about it?

There is a lot to this, break it down as much as possible and give me your interpretation.

It seems to have cut off the right side on my phone, if it's doing that to you, view it here...

i7.photobucket.com...
edit on 15-5-2012 by sparda4355 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Encapsulating Obama's Nobel "Peace" prize no doubt.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Just curious, is that a transvestite or Marylin Monroe?
They were able to catch Obamas good side.

We all know the Nuclear War is going to happen, now it's just a matter of when.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is that Larry Sinclair with Obama?

Oh nevermind..............

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
first off i noticed the stars on the flag in the upper left hand corner spell out "OBAMA" if you look closely. i'm not sure who the woman is, though obama is obviously portrayed as being hypocritical. a peace sign next to him while a nuke is going off in the backround and the words "now look what you've gotten us into".

the white cross below obama probably symbolizes all the innocents that have been killed.

the woman is still an enigma. perhaps a modern take on lady liberty, or a corrupted lady liberty?
edit on 15-5-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Looks more Like 'Madonna'..if thats any help?

Bazzerd

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Somebody told me it was Anna Nicole Smith? But I don't get it?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bazzerd

I think it's Anna Nicole Smith... The guy who owns the painting told me that...?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

LOL, how is she an ICON?

HAHA

Nevermind.

Watch her miraculously come back to life, like Tupac.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Half the flag is missing and appears to be shredded

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why does the text say?

It looks like (can't make out first word)"look what you've gotten us into"
edit on 15-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

link   
O'mama pointing the blame at whitey.

link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sort of reminds me of the paintings a local Christian store had before they went out of business. The weirdest one was a painting of Bush standing next to Jesus with an American flag in the background. I got to wonder about the mental state of some artists out there.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It says now look what you've gotten us into

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A bad painting symbolizing a bad Potus after all art is in the eye of the beholder but i seen better stuff by 2 year olds.

Second.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is NOT a permenant painting, this is done by a temp art display...besides it's colorado, there are more black people at a knicks game than in the entire state of colorado...i was in colorado springs for my sons karate tourn. some years ago, and when black people were spotted (rarely)...they were stared at as if some aliens had landed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What is "mysterious" about them? One of the artists of the murals themselves is Leo Tanguna, who has this to say about his murals:

To the many people who have viewed or MAY view my DIA murals in the future, I wish to explain their thematic subjects and their meanings. I do so after seeing repeated postings on the internet suggesting the most outrageous and sinister interpretations of my murals by conspiracy theorists. Those ridiculous assertions, however, have caused confusion among some and it is for their benefit that I write these lines.

The rest of his statement is here.

It looks to me that the paintings are from a wide variety of artists. Some are on permanent display and some are in temporary exhibits. I can't make out the name of this particular artist, but it seems to me to be an 'interpretation' that isn't particularly mysterious itself.

Here is an extensive article on the entire DIA conspiracy theory by CSICOP which goes into the origins of the art work, etc. Interesting reading.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well the artist that painted the painting I put up has nothing to do with the art at the airport. It just reminded me of it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Very interesting. There seems to be an awful lot hidden in it. Here's what my vivid mind tells me:

There is FOE spelled in Marilyn's hair, she was against nuclear weapons and was figting for a better world, thus a patriotic flag in background.. so they killed her, the red is blood from a symbolic slitted throat. Is there a president mounting Marilyn in her hair to the left?

Now Obama rules, symbolized by the OBAMA spelling stars on the flag, and he gives Marilyn, the FOE, the finger.. Dark times symbolized by dark colors in the background.. and the flag, america disappears into darkness.. Immense nuclear threat that is not being addressed... fukushima. And/or one that is getting disproportunate attention... Iran. All that is left as a result is a gravestone behind Obama.

The number 3973 is also of significance, though I know not what.
edit on 15-5-2012 by anno141 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join