It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hell anything like -- do unto others and love the sinner?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Some more enlightened Christians are trying to mature Christianity.

www.youtube.com...

The Christian invention of hell and Christian strong desire for it to exist, shows a hatred that is quite deep within the Christian tribal soul.

www.youtube.com...

Jesus would not cast the first stone yet Christians adamantly demand that he cast the last killing stone called hell.

You will reap what you sow Christian.

This will be you unless you repent from your hating ways. You are corrupting Jesus and his good archetypal name.

I predict this following for you if you do not lose your hate for those who just happen by accident of birth to not believe as you do. Beware.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

What Christians are so blind to see is that we already living in hell. Christians play into the devils game by preaching their fairy tale to the masses.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Some more enlightened Christians are trying to mature Christianity.

www.youtube.com...

The Christian invention of hell and Christian strong desire for it to exist, shows a hatred that is quite deep within the Christian tribal soul.

www.youtube.com...

Jesus would not cast the first stone yet Christians adamantly demand that he cast the last killing stone called hell.

You will reap what you sow Christian.

This will be you unless you repent from your hating ways. You are corrupting Jesus and his good archetypal name.

I predict this following for you if you do not lose your hate for those who just happen by accident of birth to not believe as you do. Beware.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

*sigh*

I see you talking about Jesus on here quite a lot, but as you appear to disagree with pretty much 95% of the historically-accepted sources of him I know about, I'm not surprised that you take such issue with the concept of 'hell'.

Yes, I agree, it is taken incorrectly out of the text and turned into something it's not, but Jesus himself spoke on hell as well as the results of rejection of his message and ungodly living, going so far as to say we should only fear God who can destroy both body *and soul* in hell, amongst quite a few other things.

The fact is that hell is an original christian teaching, regardless if it might not actually be the eternal torment some have sadly made it out to be (according to Christ and the texts themselves, the wages of sin are death/perishing, not unending life in flaming agony).

Be well.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The bible is the most quoted, yet misunderstood text in the history of the world.
I have yet to see any Christian practice what their bible preaches.
Most tend to use it as a soapbox to spew hatred, condemnation, and judgement,
so backwards in what they believe their book says, they can't even be
called hypocritical, just ignorant.

The first page of the bible should come with the following disclaimer:

"Warning: Reading comprehension and a vast knowledge of history required."

edit on 15-5-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
The bible is the most quoted, yet misunderstood text in the history of the world.
I have yet to see any Christian practice what they're bible preaches.
Most tend to use it as a soapbox to spew hatred, condemnation, and judgement,
so backwards in what they believe their book says, they can't even be
called hypocritical, just ignorant.

Agreed, and very sad, since this isn't the example they were commanded to follow. My king teaches me not to judge since I'm no better and will be judged likewise. I'm taught that unless I walk as he walked, I deceive myself and have no place in him, and that I should be humble, a peacemaker, a son of god, and of a broken spirit (at least when I see what occurs around me, and that which I don't do as I should)...

...and that wide is the path that leads to destruction, and many find it - while narrow is the path that leads to life, with few finding it. Last time I checked, there were a few *billion* christians in the world.

C'est la vie...

The first page of the bible should come with the following disclaimer:

"Warning: Reading comprehension and a vast knowledge of history required."

I could agree with that, somewhat.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Jesus taught more about Hell than anyone in the Bible, and about 3 times more than He taught about Heaven.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Jesus taught more about Hell than anyone in the Bible, and about 3 times more than He taught about Heaven.

Well... hell is mentioned 15 times in the gospels... and heaven is mentioned 141 times...

Do you really think thats true?

Jesus vaguely mentions Hell... all of which are allegorical (Imho)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You realize Jesus uses more terms than "Hell" to describe the same place right? Allegorical? No, the gospel isn't "there is no Hell". The gospel is He died so you don't have to go there if you so choose.

edit on 15-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

meh... i don't buy it...

Hell isn't a logical choice for a loving merciful creator... I believe God would give his children as many chances as they needed to find the truth of God... many many lifetimes if its necessary... Then we move on to whatever the next step is...

I honestly don't believe Jesus said anything about eternal hell... Those istances were likely added to impose the Fear of God upon the populous...

Words added as a method of control... nothing more

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

meh... i don't buy it...

Hell isn't a logical choice for a loving merciful creator... I believe God would give his children as many chances as they needed to find the truth of God... many many lifetimes if its necessary... Then we move on to whatever the next step is...

I honestly don't believe Jesus said anything about eternal hell... Those istances were likely added to impose the Fear of God upon the populous...

There's millions of opinions out there and yours is one of them. And your opinion, along with all the countless opinions from people, contradict God's word. The Bible says that, "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27). You only get one shot at it!

Jesus talked about hell many times in King James Bible. You obviously won't find much about hell in the modern perversions, because as with anything in the world, there's a malevolent agenda behind it. The modern perversions water down God's word to the point where it's almost new agism. What a disgrace. That's why the Bible says, "ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." (Jeremiah 6:16)

Would it be just for a judge to allow a murderer to be set free, because the judge is oh so merciful? No, obviously not! God is just, and He will punish the wicked. And is it not wickedness in God's eyes for someone to constantly reject His plan of salvation and go their own way? Thinking their way is the right way? That their righteousness is sufficient enough? That IS wickedness in God's eyes. The one thing Jesus said the most throughout the NT is not to be deceived. Do your homework!
edit on 15-5-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

loving the sinner is something along the lines of rewarding a child when they get bad grades...

I say suffer the sinner with the lash so that they may understand what the true definition of love really is and why they need it (an education)

"do unto others" as they've done to you... now that's a novel concept to start a whole new religion out of

...insert Metallica's 'Fight Fire with Fire' video here

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k

meh... i don't buy it...

There's millions of opinions out there and yours is one of them. And your opinion, along with all the countless opinions from people, contradict God's word. The Bible says that, "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27). You only get one shot at it!

Jesus talked about hell many times in King James Bible. You obviously won't find much about hell in the modern perversions, because as with anything in the world, there's a malevolent agenda behind it. The modern perversions water down God's word to the point where it's almost new agism. What a disgrace. That's why the Bible says, "ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." (Jeremiah 6:16)

Would it be just for a judge to allow a murderer to be set free, because the judge is oh so merciful? No, obviously not! God is just, and He will punish the wicked. And is it not wickedness in God's eyes for someone to constantly reject His plan of salvation and go their own way? Thinking their way is the right way? That their righteousness is sufficient enough? That IS wickedness in God's eyes. The one thing Jesus said the most throughout the NT is not to be deceived. Do your homework!
edit on 15-5-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

That is called cherry picking brother

Read the passage in context with the rest of the chapter......

This verse has nothing to do with reincarnation... the subject was about whether or not Christ had to be sacrificed more than once.

reluctant-messenger.com...

And i didn't say "the wicked" will not recieve their own judgement... we all must account for our actions in this life eventually... In the case of a murderer i personally believe said person will be sent back to the physical world, and recieve exactly what he dished out.... but again this is my opinion.

I believe Hell is a fabrication of the church, not anything actually taught by Jesus himself...

I've done my "homework" my friend, and all the answers are not in the bible... it says plenty of things that should be disregarded... hell is one of them. Its nothing more then a fear tactic used for conversion...

Theres plenty of evidence of reincarnation within the bible though, and evidence of awareness after death...

As i've said, Hell and torment is not a logical option for a loving merciful creator

You stick to your bible if you will... i have little use for most of it.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hell isn't a logical choice for a loving merciful creator...

God is love correct, but He is not only love. You're forgetting His other attributes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Hell isn't a logical choice for a loving merciful creator...

God is love correct, but He is not only love. You're forgetting His other attributes.

No im not...

I know Love is only one of his attributes... but i don't believe Jealousy, envy, or Wrathfulness... even vindictiveness are attributes of God... These are human issues not a perfect creators issue...

All return to the source without exception... Hell, is not a logical option.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

...insert Metallica's 'Fight Fire with Fire' video here

Sounds more like the Babylonian "Ethic of Reciprocity" found in the Code of Hammurabi

"Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth."

circa 1780 BCE, the very first recorded instance of the original "Golden Rule."

I know Love is only one of his attributes... but i don't believe Jealousy, envy, or Wrathfulness... even vindictiveness are attributes of God... These are human issues not a perfect creators issue...

I agree.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm talking about Holiness and Righteousness. He is perfectly Holy, and Righteous. And I don't agree that He isn't capable of wrath. Love requires it. Wrath against any and all who would do harm to the one's the Father loves. Not only that, He is Holy and Righteous, so He must have wrath against sin and unrighteousness. If He didn't judge sin and wickedness He wouldn't be Just, which He is as well.

Yes, God is pure love, but that's not His only attributes. He affords man their entire lives to repent, and offers grace to any and all who do so in humility. He opposes the proud and unrepentant stiff-necks.

No they don't. And that's not His will either. But God because of His love, will not force people to love Him back. If they so choose to live apart from Him for eternity He'll give them that desire. That's not love to force people to love you back. We are created in His image, and with that comes the sovereignty of man. If we choose to reject Him, He'll let us do that.

edit on 15-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Umm, that's not the golden rule. ^^^ The golden rule is "Do unto others, as you'd have them do unto you".

NOT, "do unto others just as they do to you."

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Umm, that's not the golden rule. ^^^ The golden rule is "Do unto others, as you'd have them do unto you".

NOT, "do unto others just as they do to you."

I'm aware of what the Golden Rule is.

What the Christians consider the Golden Rule began as "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself." first said by Confucius roughly 500 BC.

Nearly every culture has had a "golden rule." Christianity being one of the most recent. Just another bit of borrowed (i.e. uncredited/plagiarized) ideology.

The original "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" was just the first instance of recorded moral law.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Since you knew that, perhaps "Golden Rule" was a poor choice of terms then?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Since you knew that, perhaps "Golden Rule" was a poor choice of terms then?

No, it was perfectly chosen, because "Ethic of Reciprocity" is another term for Golden Rule, and
"an eye for an eye..." is the first recorded instance of this form of moral ethics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join