It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why are we voting Bush again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here's plenty of reasons to re-elect George W. Bush (yea right
)

1. Empty the Social Security trust fund by $507 billion to help offset fiscal irresponsibility and at the same time slash Social Security benefits.

2. Cut Medicare by 17 percent and reduce veterans� benefits and military pay.

3. Eliminate overtime pay for millions of Americans and raise oil prices by 50 percent.

4. Give tax cuts to businesses that sent American jobs overseas, and, in fact, by policy encourage their departure.

5. Give away billions of tax dollars in government contracts without competitive bids.

6. Involve this country in a deadly and highly questionable war.

7. Take a budget surplus and turn it into the worst deficit in the history of the United States, creating a debt in just four years that will take generations to repay.

Can someone please tell me one single positive thing that Dubya has done while in the Oval office?

Oh yeah, which did not result in the loss of human life & globalization.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
BOTH REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS SUPPORTED AND VOTED FOR NAFTA AND GATT !
THIS HAS RUINED OUT NATION AND WILL CONTINUE TO RUIN IT ! KERRY AND BUSH SUPPORT NAFTA AND GATT RALPH NADER DOES NOT...THE FIRST THING THIS NATION NEEDS IS FOOD AND WATER AND IF YOU HAVE NO JOB YOU HAVE ONON OF THE ABOVE !

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Voting for Nadar is almost the smae as not voting, he always holds 3 percent and always runs. I don't know why people vote for him, is it just because they don't like the two main canidates? I just don't get why someone would throw their vote away. I don't like either canidate either, but I'm goin to vote for the lesser of the two eveils because no one else has a chance of winning. But that's just me, if someone could elaborate as to why I should vote for nadar, I would be open minded.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
funny you should mention globalization because that's what Kerry wants to do with the U.S. military, After all he claims that he is and "internationalist."

As Far as your number of reason's

1. This was the fund that Clinton used to build that so called surplus. Social Security needs to be overhauled. It is nothing more than a ponzi scheme anyway. I like the President's idea of letting the younger people take some of thier money they pay into the system and let them invest it where they want.

2. reduce Veterans benefits, this started under Clinton, not Bush. No President has reduced military pay. I know I am a veteran and I can tell you that I have never had a pay reduction. this is a falsehood on your part.

3. Oil prices have been going up for a long time, not under Bush. Think about it, do you honest want to Blame Bush for this? that's like blaming him for the Hurricanes.

4. Giving businesses tax cuts, This happens in every adminstration and in every town in America. You can't tell me that the town you live in does not have a business that gets a special break in taxes just to build there.

5. again, here you can say the same thing about the Clinton Adminstration

6. 45,000 Americans lose thier live a year on American's Highways. Are you protesting Detroit and the car makers for the deadly cars that they make? Highly questional war, President Bush put are troops in harms way because it had to be done in order to get Saddam out and help establish freedom. Clinton just lobbed billion dollar cruise missiles at him.

7. See number 1, also remember Clinton's economist have just came out and said that the recession started under Clinton, and do really know what 9-11 cost us financially? Blame the terrorist for that not Bush.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
Voting for Nadar is almost the smae as not voting, he always holds 3 percent and always runs. I don't know why people vote for him, is it just because they don't like the two main canidates? I just don't get why someone would throw their vote away. I don't like either canidate either, but I'm goin to vote for the lesser of the two eveils because no one else has a chance of winning. But that's just me, if someone could elaborate as to why I should vote for nadar, I would be open minded.

Wow, your going to vote the lesser of two evils?? Why even vote at all then? Imo, your wasting your vote. If you think Nader is a wated vote, try looking in the mirror, this guy appears to be voting his conscience, while you are voting on a false pretense. If your not voting your conscience, your wasting your vote. I'm sorry dude, but the propaganda machine has gotten to your head. Isn't voting your conscience a more American thing to do, a more patriotic thing to do, a more SMART thing to do?? I don't see how voting lesser of two evils is voting your beliefs or ideas, imo they are one in the same. So a third party is always more fitting, when are people going to get this?
I'm voting libertarian this year, kerry and bush can lick my crack.

Badnarik says: "if you vote the leser of two evil's you still get evil" & "if you don't vote for liberty now, you'll never get it" Restore the republic, quit enabling the two biggest republic destroyers. Their the reason why this country is in such a mess.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
TrueLies,

I agree with you, you should vote your conscience. I really feel sorry for the "vote for anyone but Bush" croud. They do so, only because they don't know what they believe in. They are not voting for someone, just against someone.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wish I shared your idealism...

Unfortunately, the world doesn't seem to work that way....

A third party candidate in this election really only needed to do ONE thing...become KNOWN to the American public.

Unfortunately, Badnarik has failed MISERABLY in this regard. Nader is pretty much seen as a joke by most (though he isn't, he is perceived as such unfortunately).

Here's an analogy...

A family of 7 is deciding on what to have for dinner. Three want steak, three want chicken. They turn to the 7th member..."what do you want?" they answer "pizza!"... Sure, the 7th has spoken their mind, but isn't going to get that pizza....

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
f

2. reduce Veterans benefits, this started under Clinton, not Bush. No President has reduced military pay. I know I am a veteran and I can tell you that I have never had a pay reduction. this is a falsehood on your part.

Bush tried:Army Times - after he sent the troops to Iraq, to pay for his tax cuts, but flip-flopped when his poll numbers went down.

Veteran's benefit's? My friend in Jersey (who got cancer in the Army) just got hers cut a couple of weeks ago, well, she got her a two-month notice. Why were her benefits cut? The Bush administration wants to cut $844 million from veterans� health care. Not only does this include closing down VA hospitals, but what about the mental, as well as physical, care that soldiers will need coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well According to a poll Gazrock, there are some interesting numbres about people and third parties, so your opinion is just that... You don't speak for America.

Generally speaking, is it good to have Libertarian and Green Part candidates in the race, or would it be better if the election were just between Republicans and Democrats? 72% Good to have Libertarian and Green candidates 22% Better with just Republicans and Democrats 4% Doesn�t make any difference 2% Not sure

Do you think America is becoming a Police State? 36% Yes 48% No 17% Not sure 11* Have you ever read the United States Constitution? 55% All of it 40% Some of it 4% None of it

Do you think Libertarian candidates for President get enough media coverage? 35% Yes 48% No 17% Not sure

Okay� which of the following would you prefer� a more active government with more services and higher taxes or a less active government with fewer services and lower taxes? 28% More active government 61% Less active government 11% Not sure

www.badnarik.org...

PS: The kind of attitude you carry as well as other American's such as yourself, are making it more difficult for third parties to come out of the woodwork.
Stunting the growth and presence of a third party is a) selfish b) enabling the other two coroporate conglomerates to remain in power c) pisses people like me off.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
funny, I according to the congress, President Bush has increased benefits.

------

� Rep. Rob Simmons, 2nd-District, joined President Bush at an Oval Office ceremony for the signing into law of H.R. 2297, the �Veterans Benefits Act of 2003.� H.R. 2297 authorizes $1 billion over the next ten years for new and expanded benefits for disabled veterans, surviving spouses, and their children.

�Today�s action by President Bush provides much-needed expanded benefits for our nation�s disabled vets and their loved ones,� Simmons said. �I am proud that Congress and the Bush Administration have moved in a bipartisan fashion to provide for our comrades-in-arms and their surviving family members.�

Among its many provisions, the new law will:

� Allows VA to provide specially adapted housing grant to severely disabled servicemembers prior to their separation from active duty service.

� Increases the specially adapted automobile grant from $9,000 to $11,000, and increase the specially adapted housing grants from $48,000 to $50,000 for the most severely disabled veterans and from $9,250 to $10,000 for less severely disabled veterans.

� Restores dependency and indemnity compensation (DIC), home loan, education, and burial benefit eligibility for spouses remarried after age 57.

� Increases monthly educational benefits for spouses and dependent children of disabled veterans from $695 to $788 for full-time study, from $522 to $592 for three-quarter time study, and from $347 to $394 for half-time study.

� Expands benefits eligibility to children with spina bifida who were born to certain Vietnam-era veterans who served in Korea near the demilitarized zone.

� Allows the surviving spouse or dependent children to receive the full amount of accrued benefits if the veteran dies while their claim is still pending.

� Eliminates the 30-day requirement for POWs to qualify for presumptions of service-connection for certain disabilities: psychosis, any of the anxiety states, dysthymic disorder, organic residuals of frostbite, and post-traumatic osteoarthritis.

� Provides full compensation and DIC to members of the new Philippine Scouts if the individual resides in the United States as a citizen or permanent resident. Also extends eligibility for burial in a national cemetery.

� Expands the Montgomery GI Bill program to cover self-employment training programs of less than six months and entrepreneurship courses at approved institutions.

� Allows federal agencies to create �sole-source� contracts for disabled veteran-owned small businesses � up to $5 million for manufacturing contract awards and up to $3 million for non-manufacturing contract awards.

� Allows federal agencies to restrict certain contracts to disabled veteran-owned small businesses if at least two such concerns are qualified to bid on the contract.

� Mandates that the U.S. Dept. of Labor place staff in veterans� assistance offices at overseas military installations.

Simmons concluded, �As a Vietnam Veteran and Chairman of the VA Health Subcommittee, I am committed to helping our disabled veterans and their families. Rest assured, I will always fight to �keep the promise� to our vets.�

www.house.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
1.Bush, 2. Cheney, 3. Ashcroft, 4. Rumsfeld, 5. Rice, 6. Rove, 7. Wolfowitz, 8. Norton, 9. Goss, 10. Bolton

Twelve Reasons Not To Vote For Bush (policy)
1.Corporate State, 2. Wars, 3. Massive Debt, 4. Payoffs To Wealthy, 5. Civil Repression, 6. Conservative Ct. Packing, 7. Theocracy, 8. Environmental Destruction, 9. Social Services Destruction, 10. Cultural Desert 11. Discounts Minorities/Poor, 12. Undemocratic

Ten Bush Flip-Flops (there are many more that 10, but these are life threating)

1.WMDs, 2. Nation Building, 3. Al Qaeda-Saddam, 4. 9/11 Commission, 5. Free Trade, 6. Homeland Security, 7. Same-Sex Intervention, 8. Winning War On Terror, 9. Campaign Finance Reform, 10. Gas Prices

And there are STILL undecided voters!?!?!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The reason that people still vote for Bush is because all conservatives are evil. There you go. Republicans and Conservatives just hate the world, want to destroy the environment, and also want to take over the world. Wow, Bush was told by his own advisors, as well as Kerry, Clinton, and many other democrats that Saddam had WMD's and needed to be stopped. He went by their advice, now there aren't any WMD's. I guess Bush is just one big flip-flopper, huh? I'll just ignore that there still could easily be hidden WMD's. I'll just ignore that Saddam had WMD's in the past, and wouldn't let the weapon inspectors inspect everywhere. Never mind all that, conservatives are just evil. That's why the liberal party is bred on hate; it has to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
The reason that people still vote for Bush is because all conservatives are evil. There you go. Republicans and Conservatives just hate the world, want to destroy the environment, and also want to take over the world.

Are you serious with a statement like that? Sorry its hard for me to tell sarcasm on a forum.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
or you could do what im doing this year...not voting. either way were #ed. vote nader and were really #ed. that guy is friggin nuts! its my way of protesting. i know sometimes i come off conservative but thats just my morals speaking. heh im a liberal conservative if there is such a thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Herman
The reason that people still vote for Bush is because all conservatives are evil. There you go. Republicans and Conservatives just hate the world, want to destroy the environment, and also want to take over the world.

Are you serious with a statement like that? Sorry its hard for me to tell sarcasm on a forum.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
JRSDLS!

1- Oil prices always go up... correct, its called inflation... but they have risen by 50% this year alone! Why? Because your stupid arrogant president went and decided to destableize a huge oil producing country... not to mention howvering th e threat of war over other large oil producing nations...

2- Sure saddam is gone, but Iraq isnt any closer to freedom... instead of Saddams henchman busting their door and taking people prisoner and abusing them in jail... its bush'd troops...
The Iraqi govenment cant even decide which prisoners it wants to release... it cant even decide how to suppress the insurgency... it cant even decide whether all its people can vote in its own election, (as opposed to the USA proposing that the anti US areas not be allowed to vote)... they dont sound to free to me.

3- social security is a great system which allows those less advantaged to get the basics they need to live... anyone who is against it, can go kiss my ass coz i have no respect for your opinion (even though your entitled to it). One day when your in need of the social security system you'll see why its good and why it needs to be re-enforced and even strenghtened... this also applies to free basic health care and subsidised presciption drugs

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Resist the temptation to vote the "lesser of two evils" Vote third party! Vote your heart! Don't think your vote is going to be wasted.. no vote is wasted unless they purposely screw up the count like they did in '99.

Neither Kerry or Bush focus on true issues. Bush talks of this "enemy" we are fighting. The real enemy is the current push for Western ways on the middle east. This is what is causing these problems.. we have never had these kinds of problems with terrorists in the past.

My political views are all about the well-being of my fellow-man. Forget nationalism, let's be progressive.. let's fight for the future and quit being a backwards country and government based on outdated views.

Screw Bush and his socially backwards policies, he worries about banning gay marriages.. that will never pass because more people are becoming socially progressive and focus on more important issues than on two men wanting to wed. No damage can come out of this.

specialasianX: Good points. Atleast someone has some sense of reality around here, you are not blinded by blatant nationalism.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by RedOctober90]

[edit on 30-9-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Just another reason why Bush is a Damn Good President!!!
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
IMO, voting for Kerry does not have to be about voting for the lesser of two evils. For me, its about giving the government some form of accountability for their actions. Bush has truly been a miserable President. Throwing money left and right and lying to us to start a needless war. Since nobody in Washington D.C. will hold anybody accountable for any problems they created, its up to the voting constituents who are willing to vote Bush out of office to send a message, however big or small that it may be, that the public is not happy. Kerry will not be a very good President of the United States, but he is the one option we have of ensuring no second and horrendous Bush term.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
redoctober

I'm not in the USA so my say doesnt count, and the usual blind nationalism of your countrymen doesnt affect us who live down under...

It just saddens me to watch 'The greatest Nation in The World' having such a dismal choice for major candidates in their election. It also saddens me your system doesnt alow for preferential votes, which in turn makes people think their vote is being wasted if they dont vote for one of the parties who is most likely to win...

Even if a third party doesnt win this time around, it will strengthen their popular support to give them a better chance next time... and if enough people vote for third parties, the two moajor parties will lose alot of suport and then they may just reform to actually represent the people and not the privilidged few... Here in Aus, you can vote for a third party, and if they arent succesful in being a major party they can give their preference vote to one of the major parties (they tell you where their preference will go prior to voting), so thus your vote isnt 'wasted' and you can give the party who's policies you agree with some strength for the future...

But of the two major parties, i would rather see Kerry in power than Bush... i feel safer in this world of ours that way.

But seriously, you guys need a new system that isnt so black and white

new topics

top topics

join