It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something truly wondrous is going on.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
reply to post by theukbloke

what if you had no eyes? would your intention be any less?? I don't know of anything bigger than the"god" idea, please enlighten me
I'm not talking about some wacked christian type God; I'm talking about the Source of everything
edit on 15-5-2012 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

How about this: God cannot observe itself ( sexless dieties are the bong) so it needs us to observe it for it. It does not care what we observe just that we do which makes good and evil non existant. That explains the pain and suffering in the world, its all just something to be observed and reflected back to God. If we see it, we can reflect it back to the God, God is happy because it can observe itself through our eyes or our senses if you will. And it views everything as equal.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well DUh you missed the bleeding obvious. How do you know where the observed electron is? In order to determine where anything is, even an electron, you have to extract information from that "system". Typically we bombard things with light and observe the light reflected off the object to determine where it is.

So the moment we can determine where an electron is we MUST have interfered with it. This quite obviously changes its behaviour or rather how it behaves after the observation point.

The graphic is completely misleading giving you the impression nothing interfered with the "observed" electrons and therefore "knew" it was being observed.

The very same bad thinking has people running around with dead and alive cats at the same time. Sorry but no. If I have a single box and one cat and one particle with a half life of one hour and wait for an hour what is the state of the cat? Simple......it has a 50:50 chance of being alive or dead. But some folks (especially physicists) HATE not knowing which and so since it is purely random assume it must be both at the same time otherwise surely they would be able to work out which.......their mistake.

If I had a million cats and waited for an hour you would have half a million dead and half a million alive plus or minus a few hundred. The more cats the closer number gets to exactly half. Exactly the same as tossing a coin.

Now this gaussian distribution of decay also applies to position and thus we get the misleading description that an electron (passing through a slit) can end up everywhere in the universe at the same time......erm NO. It is possible for it to be anywhere in the universe but we can't say exactly where. What do know is it is 99.9999999999999% likely to be exactly where we expect it to be. Again think of a coin. I could toss it a million times and get a million heads, perfectly possible. But likely ? not a chance in hell!

edit on 15-5-2012 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke
Being a long term agnostic and very well grounded in science fact this experiment just blows my mind and should tell everybody that there is something going on that is truly wonderous. I am talking about the double slit experiment, now at first glance it's just particle wave duality, but keep watching the bit about what happens when they try to observe the particle travelling through the slit!! Basically it stops acting odd and starts to act like it is expected to. Further research into this 'bug' in the universe shows that it even has a delayed response, i.e. all possibilities are evaluated before behaviour is set. So no matter how sneaky we get at trying to detect a single particle travelling through the slit the result will always be the same under observation. It is like the material recording the interference pattern has not been seen by the universe as an observer so it acts as it wants and creates an interference pattern. To any pure atheists out there this should make you think seriously about the true nature of reality, seems the universe is watching us watching it!

I have said something to the effect of "I cannot cheat this game I'm in." In so many ways and so many times. No matter what I do I am forced to play the game.

Now...

Scientists get to feel my pain. You can't hack reality... It always... KNOWS...

All you can do is play the "game."

Good luck, and I hope at least one person get's this...

@ the post above mine: You are right kind of... But some things don't need light to be "seen" Sometimes seeing is only accepting radiated information... Like looking at a star for instance... I know you know what I mean. Nothing is unaffected. The sun shines on us, and let there be light, we can see. The light being there changes the way we react. The sun is "watching" us...

~Trapped in an artificial reality... Dusty
edit on 5/15/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I followed a link a couple of weeks ago to the cartoon dude and was amazed, it is fascinating to me and I don't pretend I understand all ramifications to this, but it certainly makes you think.

Thanks for making the thread

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My father taught physics at Cornell University. He told me something very interesting. It seems many of counter parts in the department identified as Buddhist. He taught there back in the early sixties so Eastern Religion was not something most people were exposed to. I will always be thankful for his teaching me that fact is often stranger than fiction and exposing me to so many interesting things at an early age. Spooky science make my brain happy.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I love this experiment, it amazes me every time I see it.

It has been discussed although i'm not sure if it had a dedicated thread, thanks for sharing

If that particular experiment interest's you then you might like this docu/movie. That is when I first saw that experiment -

Site

Exploring the worlds of Quantum Physics, Neurology, and Molecular Biology in relation to the spheres of Spirituality, Metaphysics and Polish weddings. Part documentary, part drama, part animation, How does it all fit together???

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
pretty amasing hopefully something way more interresting comes out of this.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

WOW! This is amazing! it is so interesting how much about our world that we just simply dont understand.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The comment about the water "knowing" got me to thinking. Look at Genesis 1:1-3:

"In the beginning [TIME] God created the heaven [SPACE] and the earth [MATTER]. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God [OBSERVER] moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light [ENERGY]: and there was light."

There it all is, time, space, matter, observer, and energy, in that order - the stuff of modern physics.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I want to think this explains paranormal activity, but I'm having a hard time putting it into words.

This is just astounding OP. Thank you

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

S&F

Just for the title alone.

When I read it,I though Dave was talking to Hal9000,all over again !

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

This is another amazing part of the documentary -

The Memory Of Water

Link

What has put Dr. Emoto at the forefront of the study of water is his proof that thoughts and feelings affect physical reality. By producing different focused intentions through written and spoken words and music and literally presenting it to the same water samples, the water appears to "change its expression".

"Love"

"You make me sick"

Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. He found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. In contrast, polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts, forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors.

From the movie including an interview with Dr Emoto -

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
To add a comment to your statement -

Something truly wondrous is going on

Yes it is
People are starting wake up!

It's actually exciting and it's good to see!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I was introduced to the double slit a few months ago and my jaw is still on the floor. My beef is there are so many variables and tweaks with this experiment that can be done to maybe better grasp what all this means, which to my knowledge haven't yet been done.

My point is this is a relatively simple experiment to perform, why hasn't the observer been blind or been on the other side of the world or why hasn't the mechanical observer been on each slit and both on but only one record is kept, ya know what I'm getting at? Stuff like this, let's go science I want to know.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I first heard about the double slit experiment a few months ago here on ATS, & was amazed at it.
It also made me think of how we are told to 'observe our thoughts' to change negative behaviors.

As cointelprotroll suggested -

what if you had no eyes? would your intention be any less??

I would love to see them do this experiment using another 'sense' instead of observation. For example, would just visualizing in our minds eye that intent have a similar effect?

Love this subject!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What really blows my mind is that each atom in the entire universe has a different temperature to every other atom of its kind. If you change the temperature(energy) of 1 oxygen atom, then you change the temperature of every oxeygen atom in existance as they all readjust themselves to be at a different level. Mind blowing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The electron doesn't always act like it is supposed to. They did several experiments and found out that sometimes it acted like it should, a particle, and sometimes like a wave. The electron chose somehow what to act like. IMO it has to do with not only observing but thought.

You see, thoughts are energy, and as such imo when you are observing an electron you are interacting with it with your thoughts without realizing it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
this just makes me think that the universe was consciousness and thought before it became dess and matter formed.

Also in reply to yorkshirelad
you raise a very good point , however who is to say that our universe came into being with that 0.01 % in mind where these things can and do happen because this universe has the physical laws which allow these things to happen , even when we know the chance of it happening is 0.01%

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
have I been telling everybody or what? Agnostic people are cool

philosophy would seem to be science simplified...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Yeh if some how instead of using light to observe the particles location ,we could dope the particles with smell or use their vibration and amplify it into an audible sound

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join