It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other reasons why Ron Paul has stopped campaigning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I disagree. Ron Paul hasn't thrown anyone under the bus. He is looking out for everyone's best interest here. He knows where he stands and is going to continue with the delegate strategy. Ideas and movements are bigger than a single person. Ron has set the stage and given us sturdy legs to work with. It is up to us to perpetuate the movement and do so without ruining our own chances. The republican party is an integral part of the presidential elections and also the party most in line with the conservative libertarian view. They have a key to the oval office and their support is very important. I don't think he is selling out or throwing anyone under the bus. He is being rational and he knows that what he fights for is much bigger than him getting the title of President of The United States.

This. All of this. Couldn't have said it better myself. One man can not make a difference, but those backing him or whom hold the similar ideas /can/ make a difference. It IS much bigger than becoming the POTUS. Waking folk up to the corruptness of the govt is the main priority and you don't have to wear the POTUS badge to do so. You and I and everyone here are strong and loud enough to pass the knowledge on (civil of course) and teach others who may not know or who are on the fence.

I have a feeling Ron ran knowing he'd never ever win the POTUS, but would win by waking people up.

THAT is awe inspiring and amazing and wonderful. Wonder if anyone else has realized this? I respect him even more FOR this.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

edit on 15-5-2012 by Novaroc because: Now that the Crazies "ruined" it for Paul, and he "admits defeat" everyone will suddenly love him. No reason to continue here with political aspirations.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

It is not off topic. I'm talking about the same thing everyone else has been: a number of supporters got so deep into this that they ruined a lot. That IS fact as anyone can see. It fully goes with the title of the OP and all that has been discussed.

I'm going to change my personal "Ron Paul 2012" to read "Ron Paul's Ideas and Ideals 2012 - forever."

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have to respect Ron Paul for being willing to distance himself from his own supporters who refuse to behave. This quote os from Ron Paul campaign manager John Tate:

Therefore, the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign condemns efforts to expand its influence in the Republican Party in Idaho and beyond when these activities are couched as vengeful, underhanded, or markedly distasteful.

Source

Paul's supporters are his own worst enemy. Having seen first hand how these people act and interact with others my conclusion is that Paul cannot control his own supporters. Voting for Ron Paul would be reenforcing this bad behavior. I've been saying this for over four years and now Ron Paul's own campaign manager is saying it as well.

"Vengeful, underhanded, and markedly distasteful" is the Ron Paul campaign in a nutshell.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I wouldn't say the campaign fits these criteria, but many of the Paul supporters undoubtedly do. I truly support Ron Paul, but I'm also realistic (and I have been) about his chances. I think Paul and his campaign knew from the start that the presidency was a LONG shot. Paul may have done a bit better than even he himself expected. The progress the campaign has made with putting people in the right places and garnering as much influence as they can, is nothing short of remarkable for a guy who was nothing more than a joke 4 years ago. The libertarian view is now mainstream, and the support is growing. I look for the next four years to provide fuel to the libertarian fire. Regardless of whether Obama or Romney is elected president, the voice has been heard and is only going to get louder. Ron Paul stands for more than just becoming the figurehead of the United States. He stands for restoration, ideals, integrity and hope for our country. He has pressed on tirelessly despite all of the obstacles laid in front of him. The groundwork is there.. If we want to turn this country around we need to be the driving force.

Be the change that you want to see in the world!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Voting for Ron Paul would be reenforcing this bad behavior. I've been saying this for over four years and now Ron Paul's own campaign manager is saying it as well.

I am sure half of the people who support RP now, were once Obama/Bush supporters before..I think the reason for the hostility in the minds of the people is because they are getting tired of how the U.S. Government operates, it is just not people who support RP, but people who are actually thinking for once instead of being guided by the MSM...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sadly I agree somewhat, the first thing that popped in my head when hearing this info was that he was afraid of the convention fiasco. If true, I no longer care about Ron Paul, you don't come this far and throw in the towel because your son wants to be president, I care about the message, not the person.

He fears the chaos at the convention. I am annoyed to no end right now, lol.

If he endorses Mitt, than I no longer support Paul, I think you're reaching on this aspect though.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

As with any other thread: Can we please have a discussion without personal insults or trolling.

"Trolling," which, ironically enough, happens to be the starting point from which this thread originated. ATS allows troll threads, but trolling within the troll thread is forbidden?

Can our favorite smoking pug clarify this for us?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

Sadly I agree somewhat, the first thing that popped in my head when hearing this info was that he was afraid of the convention fiasco. If true, I no longer care about Ron Paul, you don't come this far and throw in the towel because your son wants to be president, I care about the message, not the person.

He fears the chaos at the convention. I am annoyed to no end right now, lol.

If he endorses Mitt, than I no longer support Paul, I think you're reaching on this aspect though.

I think he sees that it is getting out of hand. I'm sure his campaign is hearing his supporters saying they are going to ignore bindings or try to abstain from the first round or call for a re-vote during roll call...he doesn't want that.

The campaign has left the door open for a Romney endorsement and they admit that they are actively talking with the Romney campaign to discuss policies....so who knows.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Time will tell, but this seems to me like the only pillar of hope holding the castle up just fell. In the sense that So many were counting on this man. No matter how you look at the situation. This exit seems to be timed. The match has been tossed into the tinder box. The castle is going to tremble. I would think that the booing and bad behavior may get far worse. Some may not back Ron Paul, but too many now see the other options as puppets. I bet you cannot walk down any block in the country and find a handful of Romney supporters, a few undecideds maybe. It is fair to say that a good amount will never defend Obama again, but the people defending Paul have been consistently steadfast. People who a year ago would have defended the system are now losing hope in droves. The fear is going to set in soon, and fear is what drives us to act very stupid.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

If Paul stays true, the chances are zero.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I believe that he may not be distancing himself from it as much as trying to alleviate it some. RP has been trying to keep his supporters under rains, but only by so much. He is riding a wave here. It may be that he is just stepping back for a second to watch and see if it builds momentum. He is looking for radical change, and it cannot happen without a whole lot of people getting riled. This may all just be part of the plan.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by doryinaz

What a shame....we are toast, now....and, if Ron Paul actually endorses that plastic monster, then I will never vote for potus again...(but i will start voting OUT all incumbents..in local elections, and national, congressional elections....until we've purged ourselves of all of these teathuglican horror show characters!)

NOW you're talking!

Vote them ALL out. That is what I am doing from now on anyhow. I don't care if it is R or D or an I or whatever next to their name. I am voting against every single flippin person in office today. They have caused nothing but trouble and they should all be fired.

Fire them All. Please join us. Forget the R and D, they are meaningless anyhow. Just vote the idiots out. Get a new crop of idiots, then vote THEM out. Sooner or later we are bound to get some people with at least two brain cells to rub together!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by maxella1

He did not drop out of the race !!!
what you are suffering is called wishful thinking. Keep dreaming !

I never said he dropped out of the race...but he has stopped campaigning.

This thread is about why he made that decision...and coming from Paul's own campaign, they are saying it is partly due to his supporters behavior at these conventions.

Ron Paul supporters' behavior?????? What about Romney supporters' behavior....like dressing in Paul gear and passing out fake delegate slates in Maine and Nevada...or how about the two Romney supporters, one elderly male and one elderly female who both PHYSICALLY attacked two Ron Paul supporters in Oklahoma??

2 Romney Supporters ASSAULT 2 Ron Paul Supporters in OK :

Maine Romney Operatives Caught Handing Out FAKE Ron Paul Delegate Lists:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's funny how people who voice their dissatisfaction about our corrupt election system, a candidate or presidents policies are considered fanatics. The public is expected to standby and quietly accept corruption in government and politicians and presidents who selectively choose their audience to show a false sense of public support.

The last time I checked, we were still supposedly living in a democracy. Our constitution gives us a right to openly express our dissatisfaction about government policies, a candidates ideas and corruption in politics. It's what sets us apart from dictatorships and a communist form of government. We don't need to look over our shoulder and worry if there's secret police ready to arrest us when we express our dissatisfaction with our political leaders. (Having said that, I feel we are slowly losing this basic right).

The media and powers that be, silenced Ron Paul from the beginning of the GOP campaign. They labeled him from the start as being controversial and his supporters as being fanatics. Anyone who has ever taken advertising 101 understands repeating a statement enough time makes the public believe in your product. Unfortunately in Ron Paul's case it stuck. They created a product image of Ron Paul from the start, and carried it through like an advertising campaign. By the time Ron Paul was able to get any kind of media attention, the damage was already done. Those voters who vote by a candidates popularity, looks, and a candidates media saturation bought it hook line and sinker. There's no level playing field in any election. The candidates who are backed by the larger corporations are pushed to the front by the media, and the party selects the candidates who's policies fit best with their future agenda.

I don't get into watching party conventions, but the GOP convention this year should promise to be quite entertaining. I hope Ron Paul does ruffle some feathers because our party system needs to be shaken up and the corruption exposed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Outkast....your initial post was fine until you go with the "Rand Paul is MOLDABLE"...?? Is that a word??

Hopefully you and every other person who doesnt GET RP or GET the Support will continue that thinking. That way, he will be "electable" because he is "MOLDABLE" and actually get elected. Than, bring Ron on as VP, I mean even at that point and time with Ron being almost 80 he will still be in better shape both mentally and physically than Bieden. By the way, what has Bieden done??? He has got to be the worst since Dan Quayle.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Rand and Ron aren't the same.

I'd take 4 more years of Obama over someone like Rand Paul. Aqua Buddha, anyone?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Yes, moldable is a word...look it up.

And Rand Paul is not Ron Paul...I don't think most Ron Paul supporters like Rand Paul very much...but obviously some, like you, like him just because he is Ron's son.

Rand Paul is a true politician...and he will do whatever he is told.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I agree and there are level-headed RP supporters on ATS. Not easy to find but they are around!

I expect the Political Madness forum to spiral out of control as the few remaining RP extremists say their parting words with their endorsement threads (of which there are too damn many!).

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Rand Paul is a true politician...and he will do whatever he is told.

So do you think Ron Paul is ashamed of his son because he would do whatever he is told? That doesn't sound right...I don't know Outkast, I enjoy your threads for one reason you bring competition. I don't think that is the case at all...I think Rand is just like his father, but a younger version of what the MSM would of seen Ron Paul if they didn't ignore him so much...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join