Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The other reasons why Ron Paul has stopped campaigning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This story, is in no way related to the GOP, RNC, or any "establishment" republicans. Well Ron Paul supporters think anybody but Ron Paul and his son are establishment, So I'm a little hazy on the definition.

Anyway, this story comes straight from Ron Paul's campaign and was reported on Yahoo News which is as liberal as a news source you can go. If this was a Sean Hannity Video, or something from RedState. I could agree with some people here, but it's not. So I don't see how this has anything to do with Romney's campaign or the rest of the GOP.

The story is very interesting IMHO. I'm glad people in his campaign finally have the guts to deal with some of the fanatics. So is it true? Has ATS seen less traffic since the announcement?
edit on 15-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The Ron Paul fanatics here do hurt my head a bit too.

But, this is straight from Ron Paul himself:

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

www.ronpaul2012.com...

Make what you will of it.

edit on 15/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
[SNIP]
Don't talk to me about it...It is Ron Paul that has a problem with his own supporters behavior.

He basically just threw all of you under the bus to protect his son's career.

He did not drop out of the race !!!
what you are suffering is called wishful thinking. Keep dreaming !

Ron Paul Has Dropped Out of the Presidential Race … Or Has He?

lol nice try !
edit on 15-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: Trimmed quote

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

As with any other thread: Can we please have a discussion without personal insults or trolling.

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I disagree. Ron Paul hasn't thrown anyone under the bus. He is looking out for everyone's best interest here. He knows where he stands and is going to continue with the delegate strategy. Ideas and movements are bigger than a single person. Ron has set the stage and given us sturdy legs to work with. It is up to us to perpetuate the movement and do so without ruining our own chances. The republican party is an integral part of the presidential elections and also the party most in line with the conservative libertarian view. They have a key to the oval office and their support is very important. I don't think he is selling out or throwing anyone under the bus. He is being rational and he knows that what he fights for is much bigger than him getting the title of President of The United States.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted.

So what is the big deal? I think someone is confused or people seem confused about what he is really saying....He is still saying they will continue moving forward...Nothing to see here folks...
edit on 15-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

He did not drop out of the race !!!
what you are suffering is called wishful thinking. Keep dreaming !

I never said he dropped out of the race...but he has stopped campaigning.

This thread is about why he made that decision...and coming from Paul's own campaign, they are saying it is partly due to his supporters behavior at these conventions.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy

Anyone like to have a guess at what this means?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, that is the campaign's official release.

But we all know how campaigns work...they release and official statement...and then they have their staffers go out and leak some other information that they don't want to be officially "on the record".

Officially, like I said in the OP, he did this for financial reasons. And now some from his campaign are saying that there are other reasons as well.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

ANY further T&C violations will result in an immediate posting ban of at least 72hrs, pending a review of your account.

Discuss the TOPIC, not each other.

No further warnings will be given.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ill just leave this here:

Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R) has conceded that he cannot win the presidential nomination, but he is not dropping out of the race, his campaign announced Tuesday morning.

Ron Paul: I can't win the nomination, but I'm not dropping out

So what's the point Ron? Now, he's really a fake!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Okay, I apologize for getting heated there, but you understand that Romney and Co are in bed with the media. No theory, fact. They have been playing dirty the whole time, which gets people who have been abused by the current system frustrated. You play by the rules and get nowhere, then you end up being the trouble makers for trying to be heard.

On topic though, Bennet's supposed talks or comments and the "inside source" disclosures cannot be counted as fact coming from these media outlets. They have little credibility anymore. Until I hear Paul officially say it, or a direct link to an official campaign outlet, it's just a ploy to break morale. He knows we cannot endorse that which we are trying to eradicate. Paul doesn't strike me as a man that would not say how he feels directly to his supporters. If he is beating round the bush though, I will be disappointed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Paul’s campaign is encouraging supporters, who have clashed with Romney backers in recent weeks, to stay civil at the convention.

Ron Paul is not a fake. He is very much real, and so are the people who back him. Realistically we will have to wait til the convention, but until then shussshhhhh...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey everyone!

Outkast makes sense here and it's a true shame if it is coming to that because of the fanatics. There IS such thing as getting TOO into something to the point the original idea/s are killed for good. If he is backing down due to that, I wonder if those fanatics would realized they themselves had a hand in defeating it all? What a sad sad shame.

I wanted to share part of the email (omitting the grass roots fundraising part as it has no place here) I just got from Pauls Cheif Strategist Jesse Benton:

"Every day, I see firsthand how humbled and encouraged Dr. Paul is to have the enthusiastic support of so many who are committed to revitalizing our country.

Let me be very clear. Dr. Paul is NOT dropping out or suspending his campaign.

As Dr. Paul has previously stated, he is in this race all the way to the Republican National Convention in Tampa this August.

And he is deeply grateful for every resource he has been entrusted with to run an historic campaign that continues to defy all expectations.

Looking ahead, our campaign must honor that trust by maximizing our resources to ensure the greatest possible impact at the National Convention.

So while our campaign is no longer investing in the remaining primary states, we will continue to run strong programs at District and State Conventions to win more delegates and alternate delegates to the National Convention.

To this end, our campaign has several positive and realistic goals:

1) Having recently WON Maine, we believe we can win several more states.
2) We will win party leadership positions at both the state and national levels.
3) We will continue to grow our already substantial total of delegates.

We will head to Tampa with a solid group of delegates. Several hundred will be bound to Dr. Paul, and several hundred more, although bound to Governor Romney or other candidates, will be Ron Paul supporters.

Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination. Governor Romney is now within 200 delegates of securing the party’s nod. However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.

All delegates will be able to vote on party rules and allow us to shape the process for future liberty candidates.

We are in an excellent position to make sure the Republican Party adds solid liberty issues to the GOP Platform, which our delegates will be directly positioned to approve. Our campaign is presently working to get several items up for consideration, including monetary policy reform, prohibitions on indefinite detention, and Internet freedom.

Finally, by sending a large, respectful, and professional delegation to Tampa, we will show the party and the country that not only is our movement growing and here to stay, but that the future belongs to us.

Dr. Paul will begin this new phase of the campaign this Friday by speaking and holding several events at the Minnesota State Convention. He has also recently accepted an invitation to speak at the Texas Convention, and we are busy scheduling appearances around other State Conventions later this month and into June.

As Dr. Paul stated in his message yesterday, this fight is NOT over. We will continue fighting and expanding, and “we will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.”

(end email)

Hope that kind of sets what Ron's planning. His plan kinda makes sense. Even he knows he won't win but it's the ideas sprouted FROM his running that hopefully will stick with people and help somehow in the future.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I expect more and more of Ron Paul's close associates to be dragging off the rude supporters by the scruff of the neck to the back of the woodshed for a good old fashioned bare backed whoopin. This is just the start.

You supporters truly ruined it for Ron Paul, be proud of yourselves.

Excellent undisputable evidence that Ron Paul takes Rand Paul's interests very seriously in his decision making process, one that will lead to an eventual Romney endorsement for sure.

He basically had to protect his son from his own scoundrel supporters, how pathetic is that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Ill just leave this here:

Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R) has conceded that he cannot win the presidential nomination, but he is not dropping out of the race, his campaign announced Tuesday morning.

Ron Paul: I can't win the nomination, but I'm not dropping out

So what's the point Ron? Now, he's really a fake!

Also from your article:

“Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination,” campaign chairman Jesse Benton wrote in a strategy memo. “However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.”
Many of Paul’s backers have been hoping for a brokered convention, at which delegates bound to Romney on the first ballot could vote for the libertarian-leaning lawmaker on the second.

“We would have been in a very good position going into a brokered convention,” Benton told reporters. But, he said, other candidates did not stay in the race long enough to make that possible.
As for whether Paul will endorse Romney, Benton said, “I would never say never,” but “I do not believe that is likely.”

It really looks like Ron Paul is playing ball with the GOP.

I know his supporters don't want to say it is over...but what choice do you have left? The campaign itself is saying the bid for the nomination is lost...they are staying in it to try to influence party rules and platform, but they are clearly saying the don't have a shot at the nomination.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

It's extremely sad, yes. Makes me not ashamed to back Paul but ashamed that those who want things SO badly will go SO overboard that Ron steps back to get away from it.

There's such thing as TOO much of anything.
Not sure the number but an amount of his supporters did show too much. It got smothering. It defeated what the level headed ones were trying to spread along.

I think those who ruined it were looking at Paul as the literal (or very equivalent to ) some kind of Messiah of sorts would would save the world singlehandedly and got caught up into that... is delerium a good word (spelled?) of 'power'...... a shame. A sad shame indeed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
edit on 15-5-2012 by Novaroc because: member posted already

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You supporters truly ruined it for Ron Paul, be proud of yourselves.

^^^

Sure bob. Just make sure you don't ruin yourself while trying to place blame on others. He is not ruined, and we should be proud about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join