It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Paid A Visit To My Next Door Neighbor's Home Yesterday 5/14/12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I know many of us have thought about the day when DHS comes knocking on our doors for participating on sites like ATS for expressing views that go against the establishment.

Most Americans are oblivious to the police state that is being constructed before our eyes. We are being conditioned to “accept” the fascist control over every aspect of our lives. Our voice as a “Free Man” is coming closer to being silenced.

The passage of the NDAA coupled by the surveillance of over 30 thousand US drones by 2020 and street cameras on every corner is just a couple of recent story lines that spell out our demise.

The MIAC report in 2009 profiled Ron Paul supporters as “militia” influenced terrorist is just one example of how DHS views many Americans.

The story line is “they” are watching and have been watching for some time.

As of yesterday I can attest that they are watching everyone along with every little move you make………………….

My next door neighbor received the visit that I feel will be considered a common event in the future yesterday. Department of Homeland Security paid a visit to their home.

Before I describe the events let me give you a profile of “who” my neighbors are:

Ethnicity: Caucasian
Father: Financial Advisor (Manager) for a top finical brokerage firm
Mother: Stay at home mom, published a faith based book
Children: 4, three in college, two are attending a state university, one attending a Baptist College; the youngest is in a Christian prep school.
Faith: Christian
Politics: Republican
Neighborhood: upscale

Around 3:00pm yesterday, the son who was at home from college, received a phone call on his cell phone asking to speak to his mother by name. (All family members have a cell phone and they are under the father’s name in the cell plan) Thinking it was some type of solicitation he handed her the phone. A gentleman on the line identified himself as a Joplin police detective asked her is this “Jane Doe”?

Their last name is a not a common last name. The detective had her first name correct but the last name was a little off but sounded very similar. She responded by saying this is “Jane” but my last name is “Doe” not “Deer”. The detective stated that they (DHS) were investigating this phone number and can we come by your home for a visit? She replied “yes” and they said they would be there around 5:00pm.

The husband came home immediately curious to the investigation. Two gentlemen arrived promptly identifying themselves with DHS. They asked a few questions regarding the phone number and the “Jane Deer” in question. After they answered a few questions one officer responded “that we may have been one digit off on the phone number” “We were following up on a tip that we received that had this number”. He also stated “Once we pulled in the neighborhood we knew we were not going to the right house”. The two DHS officers apologized for the misunderstanding and left.

What I have not mentioned yet is that Secret Service has been in Joplin for some time preparing for next week’s presidential visit.

So with today’s technology do you think that DHS did not already know everything about this family before they paid the visit? Telling the family we must have been “one” digit off due to the tip “we” received.

My neighbors are not “awake” as we are here on ATS. Although they do follow politics and question “why” such legislation as the NDAA was passed, they are truly a “faith” based family and think no harm will come their way.

I am 100% sure that the DHS’s visit to their home was a “profile” visit.

One extra note, the husband and wife just returned this past weekend from a two week international vacation.
I know they traveled to Germany and Spain……..not sure where else their travels took them.

Joplin is a small enough town that checking the data base for returning international passengers would only produce a dozen or more names.

Their international travel is the only red flag I see. We know that the DHS monitors such travel and with the President coming to Joplin next week this was a “security” profile visit.

Or you could buy their excuse for the visit, “We must have the phone number off by one digit from the tipster”.

It’s your call…….

edit on 15-5-2012 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks for sharing this. Did you attempt to enlighten them? I've found website links can be more powerful than any facts I say.

I'm curious to see what it will take to wake the sheeple up. I fear we are still a ways from that. Most won't awake until it is almost or too late.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting that you bring up DHS because I was going to start a thread about them yesterday, but never got around to it.

I live in a city that is facing bankruptcy. On top of that, due to our financial problems, the police department has laid off at least a third of the police force. That is bad news when you live in a city that consistently ranks at the top of every sh*t list nationwide when it comes to crime.

In recent months, we've had dozens of murders.....literal shootouts in broad daylight are becoming the norm. Our officers have killed at least three or four suspects this year already. People are having a cow over here.

So, our new police chief decides to quiet the public outcry by conducting a major crime sweep. Our department partnered up with local law enforcement agencies around the county, along with ATF, and......wait for it......the FBI and Department of Homeland Security.

So they arrested 101 people with gang affiliations, etc., and confiscated some guns. I'm not complaining about that because god knows it's Gotham City over here. I noticed, however, that in the comment section of the paper, most people didn't bat an eyelash about Homeland Security being involved. Frankly, I have no idea why the FBI was involved either. ATF I can understand, as I used to be a cop and we occasionally used them to help us do sting operations when there was an issue of guns.

I went to Homeland Security's website and found that, apparently, this is another layer of the onion of Homeland Security which they call......"Hometown Security," buddying up with local law enforcement to combat terror and crime.

Maybe I have no reason to see this as disconcerting, but frankly, I think it's just one more way they are trying to interject the federal government into our daily lives quietly so that most people accept it as normal.

"DHS.....federal cops coming to a neighborhood near you.".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
By the way, thanks for sharing this event involving your neighbor. I think it is very troubling to say the least.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

After the tornado here last year, National Guardsmen were patrolling streets with uniformed cops along with unidentified hired gov hands……….

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's possible that the informant may have transposed a number or something. So since they're prepping for an Obama visit, they were looking at any and all possible leads.

It seems pretty innocuous, they showed up then basically said sorry we have the wrong people.

But to be honest my creepy-meter spikes about the fact that you know so much about your neighbor, even who's name is on their cell plan?
But that's just me, i'm a pretty private person. My last neighbor i knew his first name, that he rode a very loud Harley on Sunday's, his mom screamed at their barking dogs every morning and about 10 people lived in their house. And we were neighbors for 10 yrs before i moved.

But i think this incident can be chalked up to tracking every lead for Obama's upcoming visit there.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sounds like they needed inside the house to see how it is laid out. These folks will be dealt with further. You can bet on it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

After the tornado here last year, National Guardsmen were patrolling streets with uniformed cops along with unidentified hired gov hands………. After the tornado here last year, National Guardsmen were patrolling streets with uniformed cops along with unidentified hired gov hands……….

Well, the National Guard is no surprise because that's one of their functions, but were the "unidentified hired government hands" wearing some type of uniform? That's what I'm curious to know.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

But to be honest my creepy-meter spikes about the fact that you know so much about your neighbor

You better know your neighbor.............

You don't think I should of been so detailed in my questioning him as to "who's name is on the cell plan" since they called his son's number?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Sounds like they needed inside the house to see how it is laid out. These folks will be dealt with further. You can bet on it.

Well, my friend, I guess we can take a guess at whose door DHS will be knocking on next after that comment.....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Was a big story in the local news 31 pedophiles arrested in a internet sting, trying to date a minor, found it interesting home land security was one of the many agencies involved.

This is smaller government??? Another agency, another acronym??? What's the budget???
Do they do anything worth while???
Do we need them more than medical care? More than education?
As much as the greatest armed forces ever dreamed of???

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Did they go inside of the house?

probably left some sort of miniscule monitoring device...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

They did, but they could listen through the phone jacks without planting anything.....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

This is smaller government??? Another agency, another acronym??? What's the budget??? Do they do anything worth while??? Do we need them more than medical care? More than education? As much as the greatest armed forces ever dreamed of???

Exactly.....and that's one glaring clue, IMO, that our government is not really that concerned about "terrorism" at the hands of foreigners. If they were truly concerned about this, they would focus their resources within the DHS toward that end. We already have local police, county sheriff's, and numerous ABC agencies at the state and federal levels who could be utilized for a variety of situations in our local communities.

DHS is nothing but a scam. Why is it that the FBI and the CIA are unable to address any potential threats of terrorism? Hasn't that always been their job? The fact is, both agencies failed on many levels in the case of 9/11. So what's the answer.....create ANOTHER ABC AGENCY. If that isn't a red flag for Americans, I don't know what is.
edit on 15-5-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Everyone is clueless..........They will only see the light when it hits home.........And it will one day very soon........

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

It seems pretty innocuous, they showed up then basically said sorry we have the wrong people.

Innocuous? Where the hell are you from, North Korea?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The first mistake was saying yes to any request by anybody asking if they can do an investigation of any sort.

They will ALWAYS use it against you.

ALWAYS.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That's okay. As part of the Olympic "security training exercises" in London last week, troops broke down my sister's back yard fence and were running around looking to plug something in. Her home backs on to Blackheath Common, where one of the missile batteries is being placed.

She told them to "piss off and go find a generator, and to fix my bloody fence". Apparently all the neighbors told her that they told the troops the same thing.

The next day, they were out fixing her fence. A VERY sheepish Major General came to the front door, and asked if they could please run an extension from her backyard.

She told him "sure, but first I'd like it in writing that you'll pay my electric bill until one month after the battery is removed"

She got a signed letter, from the MOD.
edit on 15-5-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I started to regard the DHS as the American Gestapo, more or less as soon as the organisation was formed. They are a classic fascist institution.

Wikipedia's article on the Gestapo.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OP,

Are you sure that since they are the upstanding citizens they are and you are as "in the know" as you seem to be, that they weren't there because of you?

Perhaps you're the target and they are merely being utilized as free surveillance tools who will report any of YOUR odd or questionable behavior. Complete with a convincing cover story should you come inquiring about the visit?

Eyes open

top topics

<<   2 >>

join