It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth In Crisis As Wildlife Numbers Plummet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"Saving the world can only mean one thing: saving the world as a human habitat. Accomplishing this will mean (must mean) saving the world as a habitat for as many other species as possible. We can only save the world as a human habitat if we stop our catastrophic onslaught on the community of life, for we depend on that community for our very lives."
- Daniel Quinn, Beyond Civilization

This is worth a watch for all of you who care about the OP's article...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Dinosaurs ruled the planet for hundreds of MILLIONS of years... Humans barely a blip on the planets timeline...

We too shall pass and new species are appearing all the time all around the world.

The planet could care less about mankind... the next coming soon ice age will determine if we survive or become extinct

One thing is for certain... the cockroaches will carry on

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

True dat

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

By not allowing war, disease and famine to keep the populations in check.. we have to sacrifice the well being of the planet for perpetual population growth.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
What happens is the wildlife move to other green places if they can. A new High School is being built with in two miles of my house. All the animals came here. The birds, the snakes, the cyotes, the turkey, owls, etc... There are twenty squirrels in my front yard. No one is afraid of my little 20 lb dogs either.

Seriously, what needs to happen is free available birth control. People need to revitalize and rehabilitate the inner city areas that have decayed. Such as down town Detroit. Things need to be reused. Buy used. Reduce consumption. I think society is starting to work on these issues. When I was a kid there was no recycling. Everything was stupidly thrown out. Machines need to be engineered to comb through these trash heaps to recycle materials.

Machines need to be made to go out into the ocean and harvest those plastic islands. We need to prioritize getting off fossil fuels and using clean reuseable energy. Some one on TV said Hydrogen 3 was on the moon and one space shuttle full could power the entire Earth for a year. Change needs to happen. Getting birth control out there would be a good start. Anyone on welfare should receive an automatic five year Noris Dorm implant.

It makes me angry that those of us who work hard, pay for everyone else, and some of those people just work the system as a way of life. People with two college degrees for example. Then those people decide to have three kids, when the rest of who work know very well we don't have the money and time and energy for that.
edit on 15-5-2012 by frugal because: sp

some things you say make sense, but nobody should be forced to do anything they don't want to do.

especially being implanted with something.

how dare you.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

It makes me angry that those of us who work hard, pay for everyone else, and some of those people just work the system as a way of life. People with two college degrees for example. Then those people decide to have three kids, when the rest of who work know very well we don't have the money and time and energy for that.

What are you talking about? I have "two college degrees," bought and paid for through the University of Texas system; and I have contributed more in taxes than most people will ever earn.

I've recycled all of my adult life, my children have gone on to be productive citizens (some with "two college degrees"), and none of them have depended upon anything more than their own good fortune and industriousness to get where they are today.

The ill-informed luddites of the world would rather wallow in their stagnation than see progress around them, despite their wasted efforts and false ideologies.

Get a grip.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Have you looked at this OP? The Extinction Protocol.

I did. Focused there at the end on the recent "mystery" deaths of dolphins and seabirds off South America. Still after all the time since this was first reported they don't seem to know what is causing it? Pooh hah...

Still, fishermen, environmentalists and others suspect that government officials are not being completely candid. The discovery of dead animals on beaches near Lima, the capital, in recent days has complicated matters. Over the weekend, the Health Ministry issued an alert advising people to avoid the waters around Lima and to the north, “until we know the cause of the recent deaths of marine species.” –NY Times

Those damn dead fish and birds just keep washing ashore and complicating the Official Story.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

By not allowing war, disease and famine to keep the populations in check.. we have to sacrifice the well being of the planet for perpetual population growth.

Excellent preposition. But isn't that self regulating? Its like when too many people press together on a biosphere, begin to dirty their nest as it were, by polluting their drinking water say. Then disease breaks out and wipes out half so the rest can breathe easier?
Or...
Opposing nations press against each other thru differences of ethnicity, culture and religion to the point they war each other and then the survivors breathe easier.

Look where the worlds population would be today if 58 million people had not died as a result of WWII back in 1945. Or however many died of Influenza after WWI? And the Bubonic Plague in the Middle Ages?

I wonder how many have to go this time to bring things back "under control"?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The article you provided says the dolphins died because of a virus, which is wrong. It's all man made. If you are interested in knowing what really happended with the pelicans and dolphins in Peru, follow my posts in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did a full research, but like someone else said in this thread, nobody cares. Right now most of ATSers are only talking about Ron Paul and the other 2 guys (haha).

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Still after all the time since this was first reported they don't seem to know what is causing it? Pooh hah...

No. no, no.....they know what happened, they don't want to admit it. As I told Randy, Follow my posts here to find out.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If only folks realised how bad things really are. We are not talking about one or two species but thousands worldwide heading towards extinction. We are talking about the numbers of animals and plants dropping dramatically. The current level of extinctions is equivalent to the several known extinction level events of the past.

This has nothing to do with HAARP or Flouride or Vaccines or Nibiru or Chemtrails its plain old simple human greed : deforestation (for money), poor pollution control (for money), over fishing (for money), over grazing (for money), over fertilising (for money) etc etc

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Have you looked at this OP? The Extinction Protocol.

I'm still unsure about that one mate, but I do agree that some groups of people probably aren't being completely honest. With no definitive answers it's difficult to judge.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I'm more than interested and thank you for your research Tru. More than happy to look it over especially someone that can be trusted.

Oh hell that's right ! I forgot all about El nino. Ok I won't forget this again.

edit on 15-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Personally? I'd propose a minimum of 3 billion.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by randyvs

The article you provided says the dolphins died because of a virus, which is wrong. It's all man made. If you are interested in knowing what really happended with the pelicans and dolphins in Peru, follow my posts in this thread.

I did a full research, but like someone else said in this thread, nobody cares. Right now most of ATSers are only talking about Ron Paul and the other 2 guys (haha).

Actually warming waters will be a problem if it isn't already, it's a fact that the planet is heating up and I'm also pretty sure the Gulf Stream is screwed also. The planet is slowly changing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank Randy!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It really amazes me that so many people seemed resigned and quite stuck on the idea that, many people need to die in order for there to be a continuance and a rebalance.
I don't get this at all.
It's disturbing
Just as some species disappear so too do others appear and again others adapt.

If you are not volunteering don't expect it of others.

In your need to have order, you have been given everything you've ever asked for and more, but it is still not enough?

Perhaps I am far from human after all

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It is depressinglly easy to personally notice if you watch wildlife of all sorts. For several years I've had a hive of bees come to my water and take it back to build a new comb each summer. Not this year. Not one single bee yet. Yesterday, I noticed in a 30x30 patch of blooming flowers that there were only two bees at work.

And my humming birds are greatly reduced in hitting my feeders. However, that may because of the abundance of blooming flowers at this time of the year, and they hit them first or to some extent anyway.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Many of us care. Unfortunately just not any of us who have any power. The ones who do have power are too blind and think money and their power will fix everything.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's been reported for quite a number of years now that we appear to be in the 6th major extinction event for this planet, and it's happening faster than it did in the past.Our Ocean's are becoming more Acidic and at an accelerated rate, given the last time C02 levels were this high was about 30 million years ago, quite a lot of our Ocean life is not going to survive, adaptation can occur if environmental changes are slow..but this is really very fast..can't wait for all the sulphur dioxide bacteria ... read the Anoxic event to see what I mean...

www.livescience.com...

www.nature.com...

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure the roaches will be fine.

Also interesting fact on population, 1 American consumes as much resource as 31 on the India sub continent, or the same as 370 Ethiopians... luckily fertility rates of human's are plumeting too... I'd hate to see us kill of turtles whove been around for 260 million years and sharks 400 million give or take a few, way way older than the Dinosaurs.

www.mindfully.org...

www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join