It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacquiao rebukes Obama's support for Gay Marriage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I always thought Floyd Mayweather had the biggest mouth in sports but his arch rival boxer, Manny Pacquiao just one-upped him in the mouth-almighty department.

After Obama vocalized that he was in support of gay marriage earlier this week, Pacquiao was adamant that the president had got it wrong. In an interview with the National Conservative Examiner while training in Los Angeles, Calif., Pacquiao spoke about the need for society to put "God's words first."

He also said:

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable," Pacquiao told the Examiner. "They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

I realize Pacman has a fight coming up in June so maybe he is just looking for a little publicity but IMO his criticism is outrageous, especially since his solution seems a bit dated.

Maybe he should lay off the steroids a bit and not cast stones so hard.

Pacman rebukes Obama

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Pacquiao - I love watching you fight, but your politics are a little too Old Testament for me.

Stick to your day job!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
He is not Robinson Crusoe is he?

This is not outrageous at all.

He has a right to his opinion.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Sure he has a right to his opinion. No one is saying he shouldn't BUT his opinion is really bizarre and outdated.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yawn. Same old stupid argument, blah, blah, blah.

If you are going to claim that we should all be living according to the laws of Leviticus, then you should be willing to live your life 100% according to Leviticus -- or else you are a HYPOCRITE. I see Manny has a haircut, and appears to be wearing multiple fabrics. I think we need to stone him.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

What the heck is leveticus?

People can have opinions.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Germanicus

Sure he has a right to his opinion. No one is saying he shouldn't BUT his opinion is really bizarre and outdated.

Yeah,the whole killing them thing is a bit much I guess

I agree

Edit- this is where I have trouble with the Persians. They do not allow you to be gay in Iran. Its a bit much hey. But then I kinda think how its not my business. Its a hard one.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

What the heck is leveticus?

People can have opinions.

Sure, one can have an opinion that black people are inferior, but it's an opinion based on ignorance and racism. Someone can have an opinion that homosexuality is wrong, but it's an opinion based on ignorance and homophobia. Using a chapter in the Bible that has some of the craziest prohibitions ever, as a basis for damning a whole group of people to hell, is... well, ignorant. That's my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I agree. I feel he is just using this as a stage for his upcoming fight next month. He sees how flamboyant Mayweather is and is trying to do likewise but in the process has misfired really badly.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Pacquaio is still the best the best pound to pound fighter.
Go Pacquaio and I also think gay marriage should be banned. Do you want your own kinds to become gay? if gay marriage is legalized which it is, slowly the population will turn gay in the later future.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
Go Pacquaio and I also think gay marriage should be banned. Do you want your own kinds to become gay? if gay marriage is legalized which it is, slowly the population will turn gay in the later future.

Would you care to explain exactly how that's going to happen? How exactly is gay marriage going to change everyone else to being gay? No offense, but this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post.

I think the boxer should keep his mouth closed and stick to what he does best -- beating other people up.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

The Netherlands, Belgium and Spain have legalized gay marriage for years now and no one can label them as "gay nations" nor are they becoming "more gay". That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard all week.

That is like saying if the US legalizes smoking pot, the whole country will become stark raving potheads. Come on, be more sensible than that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I hope Pakky keeps his women folk in the barn with the animals when they have their period. Leviticus requires it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

As long as he does not go around beating up gay folks, I am good with it. But I would love to see a gay boxer wipe the floor with him.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Are we supposed to listen to a man who gets hit in the head for a living...we know that medically that damages their brain.

And did he just quote Leviticus...does he follow all the laws of Leviticus???

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If your kids are gay, it is because GOD made them that way. Not because they were "turned" by some secret gay undercover militia.

Gay people are here to teach the rest of us how to love unconditionally.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Would you care to explain exactly how that's going to happen? How exactly is gay marriage going to change everyone else to being gay? No offense, but this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post.

I think the boxer should keep his mouth closed and stick to what he does best -- beating other people up.

let me explain you

Lets say a friend of yours is gay, he married a gay person right. Let say you have kids, and they see this gay friend of yours with another man. Growing up as young kids, they will capture those images of man being with a man, and trust me they will think its normal from that point. I am not saying affect of gay marriage will rise so fast, but slowly as young kids see more and more gay people , they will learn from them and guess what they will turn gay. Think of how a virus starts, one person has it and than boom it becomes a epidemic.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

The Netherlands, Belgium and Spain have legalized gay marriage for years now and no one can label them as "gay nations" nor are they becoming "more gay". That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard all week.

That is like saying if the US legalizes smoking pot, the whole country will become stark raving potheads. Come on, be more sensible than that.

really are you that blind, America is also legalizing gay marriages, what do you think its happening man. Get real and understand. Its spreading, just like how a disease spreads. Also, it will bring in more disease to this planet, God mad a man and woman to reproduce, not a man and another man to do, god knows what.
edit on 15-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

If your kids are gay, it is because GOD made them that way. Not because they were "turned" by some secret gay undercover militia.

Gay people are here to teach the rest of us how to love unconditionally.

God don't make people gay, kids turned gay because of how their life style is, when they are growing up. If your own kids see gay people in their daily lives, trust me that kid most likely will end up gay. your looking at a small picture, looking into the big picture, of how it will effect our own humanity. Have ever seen a gay animal? a male dog with another male dog, that should teach us something. if animals are not gay, than why humans.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Growing up Dad was in the military and we moved on average every two years. I went to LOTS of schools growing up and every one of them had a PE teacher who was gayer than the last one. I turned out straight in spite of being in the company of some overwhelmingly gay PE teachers during my formative years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join