It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you convert Obama from being Muslim to Christian, Wright, " I wouldn't go that far."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"I do know that I made it comfortable for him to accept Christianity without having to renounce his Islamic background," Wright

Author Ed Klein discusses Obama's relationship with Rev. Wright, a relationship he details in great length in his new book, "The Amateur."
www.realclearpolitics.com...

This is not about him perhaps being Muslim it is about the lies.

Supposedly Klein has the three hour interview on tape,

Who is Obama really, everything about him seems to be contrived.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
"I do know that I made it comfortable for him to accept Christianity without having to renounce his Islamic background," Wright

Where is your quote from? Your source doesn't back up your statements at all.

Here's what the "quote" actually says (Take note of quote marks):

Klein also said Wright told him he “made it comfortable” for Obama to accept Christianity without having to renounce his “Islamic background,” which Klein said he has on tape.

dailycaller.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

“made it comfortable” and “Islamic background” are the only words in quotes... I could add a lot of words in between to make it sound freaky-deeky.

For example:

Wright "made it comfortable" for Obama to feel good about stoning his wife, as he was taught by his "Islamic background".

OR

Wright "made it comfortable" for Obama to talk about his belief in Christ, even though he had an atheist, Catholic, Mormon and "Islamic background".

Contrived by whom? His detractors, perhaps?

Sorry, I don't think he's actually a Muslim, so I don't think he's lying about it.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm still not sure what Obama's religious beliefs have to do with his ability to be President. I'm not an Obama supporter but this stuff just gets old.

Also.. I'm not really sure how your link backs up your quote?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Where is your quote from? Your source doesn't back up your statements at all.

Here's what the "quote" actually says (Take note of quote marks):

Klein also said Wright told him he “made it comfortable” for Obama to accept Christianity without having to renounce his “Islamic background,” which Klein said he has on tape.

dailycaller.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

“made it comfortable” and “Islamic background” are the only words in quotes... I could add a lot of words in between to make it sound freaky-deeky.

For example:

Wright "made it comfortable" for Obama to feel good about stoning his wife, as he was taught by his "Islamic background".

OR

Wright "made it comfortable" for Obama to talk about his belief in Christ, even though he had an atheist, Catholic, Mormon and "Islamic background".

Sorry, I don't think he's actually a Muslim, so I don't think he's lying about it.

It is from the interview. near the end of the interview.
www.realclearpolitics.com...
edit on 093131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I'm still not sure what Obama's religious beliefs have to do with his ability to be President. I'm not an Obama supporter but this stuff just gets old.

Also.. I'm not really sure how your link backs up your quote?

Did you listen to the interview?

His faith has nothing to do with it, it is the fact he may hide his faith for whatever reason.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

EXACTLY!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

The President's religious beliefs have as much to do with his ability to govern as his Birth Cert, College transcripts, published papers in Harvard, High school records of ANY kind whatsoever or his history in travelling from America to Indonesia to America again with no seeming records to detail any of it.

If it were all sitting on the table, in plain view and for all to see? It would have nothing to do with his ability to govern. It's entirely about the fact it's been hidden and covered in almost every way that makes it all matter.

It's like telling a kid he can't have something. The kid may not have even thought about wanting it or considered the thing existed at all, until told it couldn't be had. Then it becomes the singular obsession. Obama himself is to blame for the obsession his past and beliefs have spawned. Just laying it out works best. Hopefully he'll serve as a lesson to future President's in this area.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

his alleged intelligence is "contrived"

his attempts at being just a regular guy, hanging out and playing ball is "contrived"

his accent is "contrived"

Just for starters

You could say the same for other Presidents and I don't care, I am not one of their lickspittles, only lickspittles fawn over the likes of Obama

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

His faith has nothing to do with it, it is the fact he may hide his faith for whatever reason.

The "FACT" that he "MAY" hide his faith?

Seriously?

There are no facts here... Just more propaganda by a desperate group.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

. Just more propaganda by a desperate group.

Who? Jeremiah Wright?

You better be desperate, because we will all go down together.

Wont matter whether you are liberal or conservative.
edit on 093131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In past elections it was pretty much political suicide to say you were anything but Christian. Also with all of the hate that has been falsely garnered toward the Muslim religion in recent years I'd be hesitant to be completely open about it to many Americans and I don't even have aspirations of becoming the President. I don't think he's lying about his religious beliefs and affiliations anyhow. It surprises me that people accept Romney's openness about being Mormon.. Especially Republicans.

If there was any truth to the arguments that he isn't qualified to be the president for this reason or that, or that he is lying about who he is.. The Republican Party would have dug that information up long before he ever set foot in the oval office.

I just think people lose scope of the real issues. Rest assured that the people in the Republican stronghold are far better connected and five steps ahead of any of us when it comes to finding skeletons in closets. I'm not saying that we are incapable of finding diamonds in the rough, but stuff like this is a waste of energy that could have been utilized elsewhere.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm still not sure what Obama's religious beliefs have to do with his ability to be President.

The religion of a POTUS only matters if that POTUS allows his/her beliefs to influence his/her decisions or the way he/she does the job. Example ...

If Sara Palin had been elected POTUS - she belongs to a church that believes the world is 6,000 years old (plus or minus) and that the pope is the mythological anti-Christ. How could she be expected to be able to deal with the vatican (which is a country)? How can she be expected to be an even handed leader for ALL Americans, even the 25% of Americans who are Catholic and who have the pope (her so-called anti-christ) as the head of their church? She doesn't even understand the basics about how old the planet is and she dismisses SCIENCE (that proves the earth is billions of years old), in favor of bible-myth so how can she be trusted to accept the information her advisors give her on matters?

Something like that would indeed make the religion of that POTUS matter.
At least to me it would.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is some truth in the idea that religious beliefs may affect how a President handles certain affairs, but there is a checks and balances system in our government for that reason.

There is also a reason Palin is not and will never be a presidential candidate. We can only hope that Americans are intelligent enough to realize that someone of her qualification is not Presidential material.

I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong. I just don't think its an apples to apples comparison. We haven't seen Obama do anything to indicate that his religious beliefs hinder his performance as President. Yet the issue still comes up. Yes, I realize the issue lies more within the fact that people think he is lying about his religious beliefs and not so much that he may or may not be a Muslim. Which I'm pretty sure he isn't anyways.

Once elected, these sort of things are just beating the proverbial dead horse.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

seriously though, what impact would someone's view on the age of the earth have on actually running the country

ZILCHO

She is hardly going to start shutting down the science labs

It has NO bearing on the job

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Obama had precious little to qualify him for President, not much of a political career and a stint as some sort of "community activist" and dubious legal career which helped to extend lending by the lenders in the 90s under the group think, divisive and shakedown mantra of "equality"..........and we all know how excessive lending ended up....................

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Everythingabout Obama is so. . . . "Max Headroom-ish"

(kids, you're going to have to look it up!)

Everything is so contrived, so planned, so artificial. The only time we can get a glimpse of the real person is when he's off teleprompter, or by references by others that knew him.

Even his autobiography was filled with lies!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
seriously though, what impact would someone's view on the age of the earth have on actually running the country
ZILCHO

It shows the level of stupidity of a person. If someone dismisses scientific facts that the world is billions of years old and they actually think the earth is only 6,000 years old because of a belief in biblical mythology, then it is entirely probable that they will dismiss facts presented to them as POTUS if those facts don't match up to their bizzaro religious world view.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

There is also a reason Palin is not and will never be a presidential candidate. We can only hope that Americans are intelligent enough to realize that someone of her qualification is not Presidential material. .

She had more executive experience than Obama (being mayor and then gov. in Alaska) and yet Americans voted for Obama based on flash and glitz and a catchy gimmick phrase 'yes we can'. Obama wasn't qualified. He met requirements, but he wasn't qualified.

So I have to disagree with you. Americans are not intelligent enough to realize that someone of Palins (or Obamas) qualifications are not POTUS material. Palin is the mirror image of Obama. Even down to their religions. Hers is a fundamentalist nightmare. His is a racist nightmare (black liberation theology cult in Chicago).

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

ZILCHO

It has NO bearing on the job

He is very pro-muslim. It really does have an impact on how the country is run.

Hmmm.. muslim father, muslim step-father, muslim half-brothers, muslim school, muslim country.

Wake up!!!
edit on 5/16/2012 by km22453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Being that Wright kind of asserted, according to OP's post, that he built a bridge between the current President of the United States' Islamic upbringing and his life as a Christian...it would be interesting if someone other than myself were to research and report upon the relationship between Reverend Wright and Louis Farrakhan.

Considering that all three of these men live/lived within close proximity to one another and that they all represent what has long been considered a 'racial minority' according to popular media, it would be legendary to discover and discuss how Wright and Farrakhan are related or what differs about them. Such a document would certainly win a Prize if done comprehensively.

Most that consider themselves proper Muslims dismiss the Nation of Islam, but Obama's home is within walking distance of Farrakhan's Mosque; at least from my personal estimate of what is and what is not walking distance.

Many of you consider yourselves great writers and truthers and good people...surely someone will try it out.

The reason I brought the Nation of Islam and Louis Farrakhan into the discussion is because Obama, a non-native of Chicagoland, was able to be fully embraced, complete with a great home and votes for President, by a notoriously corrupt City where connections are more important than intelligence or capabilities and plant himself in the midst of NOI influenced communities all the while a member of a Christian Style church only a few miles to the south and west.

since the topic of this thread is religion. i want to ask a question.

Do any of you know why God would chose a homeless man to prophecy against a King?

my epiphany explained that its done in order to prove Apostasy and that God seeks to create a situation for the doomed that is without defense.

in this manner God convicts the flesh. its a successful technique from what I've read.

edit on 16-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

join