It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not just a war, we took over iraq in 3 weeks. We conquered the country. And we can do the same to any other nation on earth, maybe not as easily, but it wouldnt be as hard as peopl will say.
The US is unstoppable.
Every time you say the US can't do something. It can
Every time you say something is difficult the US will show you just how easy it is.
And now, when you do something wrong, your not going to get away with it. The juggernaut will not let you. We are unstoppable. We are the juggernaut.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
...ooookay...no more sugar for you GI Joe...

...seriously...whats the point of this post?? Some US-is-the-greatest chest-beating and Tim 'the toolman' Taylor grunting??

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Maybe there was no point to the post. But he does have a point.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
...and whats the point again?? That the US Forces...along with the Allied Forces, lets not forget them, considering once again their casualties were due to 'friendly fire'...kicked the living snot out of a military power that was half-rate at the best of times?? That wasn't, never was, and once again proved to not be much of a threat??

Wheres the glory in that?? Heck...I could wander next door and bash the crap outa my crippled next-door neighbour, but that won't prove a thing and certainly wouldn't mean I could claim any victory and act like some bad-a$$...that would just make me an arrogant bully-boy now wouldn't it...

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Was the point of this skirmish to beat the crap out of some second-rate regime, or to free the people of Iraq. They looked happy to me on the TV. How about to you? You see the weapons they hid in SCHOOLS? wtf if some first grader went and played with them ?(Don't answer that, it is rhetoric)

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not just a war, we took over iraq in 3 weeks. We conquered the country. And we can do the same to any other nation on earth, maybe not as easily, but it wouldnt be as hard as peopl will say.
The US is unstoppable.
Every time you say something is difficult the US will show you just how easy it is.
And now, when you do something wrong, your not going to get away with it. The juggernaut will not let you. We are unstoppable. We are the juggernaut.

hmmm

Not just a war, we took over iraq in 3 weeks. We conquered the country

we have yet to defeat all resistance, fighting will continue for some time. war shouldn't be measured in time, it should be measured in lives. up of a hundred americans died. yay, good for us. do we feel any pain for the 1o,ooo iraqis died, fighting for a flawed cause that they had no power over?

And we can do the same to any other nation on earth, maybe not as easily, but it wouldnt be as hard as peopl will say.

america can't fight the world alone. if we take on russia alone, we would win. that is if no nukes are used. they point isn't who wins. it's what the people who won, fought for? is it right for millions to die in pointless battle over control over another man? why must you war and instead just let each other be. how can you define a 'hard' fight. do you mean how long it takes for us to kill all the 'bad' guys?

The US is unstoppable

no manmade creation can stand forever. how many greeks, romans, mongols, nazis, soviets, said the exact same words. even a child can realise this.

Vietnam, Mogadishu, and a lot of other places we get involved in, hell, look at our economy.

the 'ease' of something must be defined. i still see the aids epidemic, the threat from SARS and other illness. unemployment and poverty. not to mention peace.

And now, when you do something wrong, your not going to get away with it.

north korea, russia, china, all our enemies, that can nuke us. oh, and they are very capable of getting away with it. maybe all will die, but hell, we will too. wrong, i guess you mean by what we see not to be right. take this, we cut off the iraq/syria oil pipeline, most likely cause we're goin to hit them next. however, why would we need to do this, if we weren't after their oil. why would we endanger the people of syria, by hurting their economy. who will stop us from doing what is wrong. our government is the ultimate example of doin something wrong.

The juggernaut will not let you. We are unstoppable. We are the juggernaut

your whole post is nothing more than right wing extremist patriotism. do you have any idea of what you support? you have yet to see the horrors of our government, the ways the gov't tries to limit our freedom, they try to conform us into mindless fools, pursuing nothin more money. and the false happiness it buys. our gov't is responsible for a lot of death, it either directly committed, or could've prevented just the same. the gov't is the evil here. not the american people. you and i are one in the same. i'm a patriot. you have patriotism too, you just don't understand the America you want to fight for. America isn't george bush and congress and senate and stuff like that, that legislates control, aka 'law' over people, America is everyone. you, me, many on this board, and the other 500 million people here. know your cause lusid, it will come back to haunt you.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
Was the point of this skirmish to beat the crap out of some second-rate regime, or to free the people of Iraq. They looked happy to me on the TV. How about to you? You see the weapons they hid in SCHOOLS? wtf if some first grader went and played with them ?(Don't answer that, it is rhetoric)

...dunno...you tell me what the point of the Iraqi invasion was...as it seemed to change almost by the day whenever I watched the News...

...seemed it was about breaches of Res:1441 and eliminating the threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction...something about pre-emptive strikes kinda popped up now and then too...then it kinda changed to 'Operation Liberate Iraq'...who knows...might change again...what the hey, nothing quite like making up the rules as one goes along...

[Edited on 20-4-2003 by alien]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"you have yet to see the horrors of our government, the ways the gov't tries to limit our freedom, they try to conform us into mindless fools"

But doesn't Saddam do the same? Aren't we trying to free the people.

'Guess not. The US can't kick the sh�t out of who it wants. If we see something wrong, we'll stand idle, we'll not help those in need. I mean we would want them to help us in a dire situation, right?'

Yes the government hides stuff from us. Yes, if I could change the laws to have whatever I wanted, I would. BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE U.S., GET YOUR B�TCH ASS TO MOVE AND LIVE IN IRAQ

damn, I just got an ulcer

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
in hating the US culture, the way we live like terrorists, and many extremists do, or beliving that the government is the problem afflicting us. the government has lied to the people about many things. roswell, philly project, HAARP, saying they wouldn't tell us if a giant space rock would hit us and they knew ahead of time. most of it is usually rightwing christians who want their 'god' to be the only god. i don't mean flashy extremist religious zealots, i mean people who in their souls belive that there is only ONE way things are to be done, that is worse in many cases than practicing it. i don't know if you belive everything you see, but check this out....

FEMA

REX 84

ATS Files, i suggest you should look at these if you have yet to do so already

maybe you could trust that, seeing as it came from a hopefully to all of us, reliable source

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah.... Top secret. Yes, I belive that HAARP can be and has been used for mind control. And what are you going to do? There are not anough people that want to rebel against the gov for this stuff. So, I suggest you move to canada.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
like i said before, the idea is to get more people to merely see that the gov't lies to them. with that knowledge, there will people that merely don't give a damn, others will want to know, and those are the ones who can change things. i know that if i do nothing, i will never be complete. you don't have to agree with me. i will do what i have to to change things. that doesn't mean you'll see it on cnn someday either. you must look beyond what things appear to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
jeeeeesus, american glory boys are annoying.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Talk about a thread that should have been deleted on the spot! But nnoooooo, you guys had to step into it before the janitor could come mop it up!

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i hate the way you said how america took over iraq in 3 weeks. erm.... what about the other forces?

seems youve been reading too many glorifying US newspapers

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
comes even greater Responsibility...

It's one thing to be proud of our country...and believe me, I am...but quite another to beat our chests and shout a challenge to the world...

There are still some forces in the world who would give the US a run for it's money militarily...good thing is, at least at present...we're on good speaking terms.

China, is of course the biggest front-runner. They probably have like 50 troops to every 1 of ours, hehe...and they too have nukes. Clunkers to be sure, at least most of them, but nukes nonetheless.

Russia is still around as well. While but a shadow of it's former self...it still has the power to nuke us 10 times over as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How big is the Chinese army?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i don't know the exact number, i've got it in an old maxim somewhere. i think it was somewhere around ten million. maybe less. however, they are also well trained, so the ratio of killed to killed would be less.

look at it this way. in iraq
ten of our guys could take a hundred or so of theirs.

if china

ten of our guys would be slaughtered by fifty of them. they would maybe only suffer about a 50% casualty rate.

this makes fighting china a lot worse. not to mention any battle against china would be in a world war type scenario. take into consideration likely allies. while the communist powers dislike each other, but they may team up who knows.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
How big is the Chinese army?

Everyone fights over there so you'd go against about 1,000,000,000 soldiers.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Heh, militarily you may be the biggest in the world, but economically you are screwed.

The rise of the Euro is starting to make its presence felt with investors fleeing the declining US dollar. and the trillion dollar debt burden that will need to be financed in the near future.

In the end america will get cut back down to size, these may be the last days of summer for the country as an economic powerhouse.

Gloat while you can....

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
k i'm done gloating. china is much like north korea in that most people have some type of combat training. this is bad if we have to get into an urban situation. there are a lot of karate movie stars in china. don't forget

top topics

<<   2 >>

join