It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Old tesament Came from!!! And the true Story of how we where created!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

DNA testing has also been done and discovered that out of several thousand people located in different parts of the world, hidden within their mitochondrial DNA is the DNA of one matriarch, their lineage goes all the way back to one mother. So this lends credence to the fact that all mankind once had the same matriarch and that would mean that the story of Noah and his sons and their wives surviving isn't some bedouin's bullsh*t campfire stories. Back in ancient times it was not uncommon for your sister or half sister to end up your wife, or your female first cousins, so people were interbreeding.

As my "rival" on this thread, so to say, said: "care to throw some traction, under that "fact" " . Links please

mtcEve

For starters.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by ringlejames
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I sure hope you are joking. Hepatic coding. Really that is what I see as yeah right a made up story that has hidden codes. The hidden hepatic coding may hold value what ever it may be, but that is probably why I totally 100% irrevocably distrust anything the bible says as true. Forget anything about the Sumerians at this point,

No joke. You mistrust the Bible because of the coding, at least that is what I derive from your slightly garbled grammar, but the coding is precisely why I trust the Bible, and there are other reasons too. You either like it or don't and will come up with reasons why. Your "made up story" excuse only indicates that you little to nothing about it, but yet you have an opinion. Do your homework.

I have no idea what hepatic coding is, I'll probably google it after I type this post.

But I DO know that the Hebrew Torah, which is the first 5 books of the Old Testament, also known as the Greek Septuagint, had extremely stringent rules that had to be followed when transcribing scrolls. The scrolls would only last for so long, so naturally they had to be transcribed to newer parchment to preserve the Word. The transcription process was crazy anal, and to say it was taken very seriously would be a gross understatement. Some of the rules included:
•A Torah Scroll is disqualified if even a single letter is added.
•A Torah Scroll is disqualified if even a single letter is deleted.
•The scribe must be a learned, pious Jew, who has undergone special training and certification.
•All materials (parchment, ink, quill) must conform to strict specifications, and be prepared specifically for the purpose of writing a Torah Scroll.
•The scribe may not write even one letter into a Torah Scroll by heart. Rather, he must have a second, kosher scroll opened before him at all times.
•The scribe must pronounce every word out loud before copying it from the correct text.
•Every letter must have sufficient white space surrounding it. If one letter touched another in any spot, it invalidates the entire scroll.
•If a single letter was so marred that it cannot be read at all, or resembles another letter (whether the defect is in the writing, or is due to a hole, tear or smudge), this invalidates the entire scroll. Each letter must be sufficiently legible so that even an ordinary schoolchild could distinguish it from other, similar letters.
•The scribe must put precise space between words, so that one word will not look like two words, or two words look like one word.
•The scribe must not alter the design of the sections, and must conform to particular line-lengths and paragraph configurations.
•A Torah Scroll in which any mistake has been found cannot be used, and a decision regarding its restoration must be made within 30 days, or it must be buried.

But what I find most interesting about the Bible is "The Theory of Seven"--- An inexplicable numerological sequence that's found in the Torah.
In both Genesis and Exodus, every forty-ninth letter spells the word "Torah" over and over again in the original Hebrew.
Every forty-ninth letter in Numbers and Deuteronomy also spells Torah, but backwards.
The center book of the Torah is Leviticus, in which every seventh letter spells "Yahweh," the unpronounceable Hebrew name of God.
And as we all know, the square root of 49 is 7 and 7 is the number used to represent God.

I'm not into numerology myself, but I thought this little factoid was quite compelling.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

Interesting!! I never thought of there ever being another religion if the Bible never existed.

I have, many times. We would probably all be Pagans, and we would not have any wars, and everyone would get along. The way it was before the "Church" came along and ruined everything.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

There are a lot of Christians, right here on ATS, that believe that Jesus and the god of the Old Testament are one in the same. If that's true, then Jesus did do all that destruction.

Also, many Christians here on ATS refer to Jesus as "The Word" and is responsible for every word in the "word of god," so yeah, they believe that Jesus wrote the whole bible.

It's too bad that so many Christians believe so many different things, and they all think that they are right.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

DNA testing has also been done and discovered that out of several thousand people located in different parts of the world, hidden within their mitochondrial DNA is the DNA of one matriarch, their lineage goes all the way back to one mother. So this lends credence to the fact that all mankind once had the same matriarch and that would mean that the story of Noah and his sons and their wives surviving isn't some bedouin's bullsh*t campfire stories. Back in ancient times it was not uncommon for your sister or half sister to end up your wife, or your female first cousins, so people were interbreeding.

As my "rival" on this thread, so to say, said: "care to throw some traction, under that "fact" " . Links please

mtcEve

For starters.

Well I thank you. It is an interesting read, however biased the source may be. I would like to point out that this theory is highly controversial and has many inconsistencies. I do thank you for your link tho

However, that still doesn't answer my question on whether you believe in a spiritual standpoint or an alien one. However I am going to guess the first.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Whatever anyone may say, the Bible is still the most accurately preserved document we have from antiquity. There is much more reason to admire it than to to diss it. The codes (surely you saw this coming) make it possible to restore the original autographs with mathematical precision.
[/quot
ic
Well that's pretty much because of Christian, and Muslims, destroying the texts of antiquity. But, we do have pretty good records of Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato and Homer.

As far as the Bible code, I hear Moby Dick was also penned by god, and Francis Bacon encoded Shakespeare in the Psalms, in honor of (his) 46th birthday.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This is not true. Even before Christianity, banned together under the same pantheons, mankind still warred with one another. Tribes of the same nationality would fight against one another over land, resources, and food - despite believing in the same gods. It's in our nature. Built into our code. We aren't escaping it anytime soon. We've been warring for longer than we can remember.

Just think, American Indians, and their constant wars with one another. It was like that everywhere. So now, isn't much different from then. Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. We are becoming an infestation.

Regardless, our earliest stories warn us about our preoccupation with the material world and it's downfalls. We are doomed to repeat the same mistakes - time and again - and it ensures Earth's survival. Though not our own.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Nice post! The repeating "Torah" and "Yahweh" are part of the codes. There is not just one code - they are multi-layered and multi-dimensional like God Himself. If you do research on the codes try heptadic, not the other spelling. Also look into Ivan Panin, the elder one, there is another of note, but the Panin we are interested in died in 1942. Here's a good place to start:

www.wordworx.co.nz...
edit on 18-5-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Secrets of Elohim

www.freedomtek.org...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

many Christians here on ATS refer to Jesus as "The Word" and is responsible for every word in the "word of god," so yeah, they believe that Jesus wrote the whole bible.

By that rationale, we could also say that "ALL Christians believe the Bible was written before the universe was even created." Which technically, according to Christian theology and after several strands of deductive reasoning, wouldn't necessarily be false, however I would be highly suspect of the individual's motive for making that statement.
The statement addressed by my post was:

by autowrench-
"in fact, two days ago a Christian man informed me that Jesus Christ, his "Lord" wrote the entire Bible, from cover to cover."

Which in this case, the statement was made by someone of whom I interpret as being of an anti-Christian biased perspective, relaying third-party information allegedly said by....a Christian.

I don't think anyone believes that Jesus sat down and physically composed the entire Biblical text from cover to cover. Not only is that absurd, but I also belive that is what was being insinuated for the sole purpose of ridicule.

All I know is someone made the leap from --human hands writing the Bible through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, which is but one aspect of the three which make up the triune nature of God, which would also include Jesus, aka the spoken Word of God which brought all things into existence, to --the Bible written by Jesus by default. Whether it was autowrench, or the third party he is referring to, I don't know. Personally, I just don't see any Christian making that argument with someone who I am assuming is a non-Christian.

There are a lot of Christians, right here on ATS, that believe that Jesus and the god of the Old Testament are one in the same. If that's true, then Jesus did do all that destruction.

God rarely, personally and supernaturally intervenes in human affairs. Among the extremely few examples are Sodom and Gomorrah, Pharaonic Plagues and the Biblical Flood.
The statment which I was referring to:

by autowrench-
I asked this man about Ancient Sumer, and Babylonia, and he then informed me that these places were dwellings of Satan, and that Jesus had destroyed them. I know this guy does not reflect mainstream Christianity's beliefs, but I do know a great many Christians do believe these things.

is also based on the rationale I described above, ie: someone making the leap from --God having intervened in extremely rare occurences as noted in the OT, and one of the triune aspects that make up God includes Jesus, to --Jesus came down and went WWF smackdown on major nations of antiquity which was the sole reason for their demise.

Which is what I belive was being insinuated with intent to discredit Christian theology and ridicule those who belive it. Thus as I stated above, I would be highly suspect of the individual's motive for making that statement, in this case, someone of whom I interpret as being of an anti-Christian biased perspective, relaying third-party information allegedly said by a Christian.

It's too bad that so many Christians believe so many different things, and they all think that they are right.

Christians all believe the same thing, or they wouldn't have a common element to call themselves Christian. Some are simply at a different stage of transformation. Upon "becoming" a Christian, the change is not instantaneous. I'm not saying it can't be, I am aware of the very rare exception to that norm, but for most of the individuals who claim Christianity, the process of transforming themselves into the likeness of Christ is a gradual one, and not without mistakes, pitfalls and set-backs. Many get frustrated and give up, some simply don't pursue any further understanding or make any additional effort to seek a deeper relationship with God. This is what Jesus was talking about in His parable about the "sower and the seed."
Man is also fallible and imperfect, so to those from the outside-looking-in the quibbling about doctrine among Christians seems to only represent man's tendency towards pride. And this phenomenon is not limited to Christianity, alone. Jews, Muslims and countless other religions throughout the ages have debated semantics, and will continue to do so for as long as we exist.

edit on 18-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

ACtually, instances of haplography in the Septaguint (LXX) and Masoretic are available (more profound in MT). Scribes also would delete or alter words and sentences to protect theological positions. This wasn't the act of rouge scribes, but under the watch of the priestly body. The MT books of Samuel, Kings, Ezekial and Jeremiah are instances of this. Jeremiah is actually a full 1/6 longer than the LXX Jeremiah.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Which in this case, the statement was made by someone of whom I interpret as being of an anti-Christian biased perspective, relaying third-party information allegedly said by....a Christian.

Actually, the man who stated that little gem to me was a minister in a Baptist church for more that 30 years, and was well spoken, and convinced in what he said. I didn't see him as Anti-Christian at all, just Brainwashed and Mind Controlled.

I don't think anyone believes that Jesus sat down and physically composed the entire Biblical text from cover to cover. Not only is that absurd, but I also belive that is what was being insinuated for the sole purpose of ridicule.

Where do you live? I live in the South, and you should come down here for a time. There are many in my town alone that believes this, strongly. I understand Christianity in the North is more relaxed, and more informed, but here....

God rarely, personally and supernaturally intervenes in human affairs. Among the extremely few examples are Sodom and Gomorrah, Pharaonic Plagues and the Biblical Flood.

Sorry, but no cookie. IF God "personally and supernaturally intervenes in human affairs", then where, pray tell, does Free Will come in? This is why ET will not come here until they absolutely have too, Humans will just stop doing everything, and expect them to do it all.
The twin cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by an Ancient Nuclear blast, known to the Annunaki as "Great Weapons of Terror". The same war caused the destruction of Ancient Sumer, and created the Sahara Desert as it is today. One can find rocks blackened on the top side only, and melted stone.

Christians all believe the same thing, or they wouldn't have a common element to call themselves Christian.

I can see the fallacy in that just by reading in the Religion Threads in this forum. Let us examine some sects for comparison.

Roman Catholicism
The largest Christian group is Roman Catholicism. There are over 1 billion Roman Catholics and they constitute about half of the world's Christians.

Orhtodox Christianity
There are two branches of Orthodox Christianity -- Eastern and Oriental. According to the World Council of Churches, the two groups are not in communion with each other at this time.

Mainstream Protestant Christianity
Protestantism is a general branch of Christianity made up of many denominations and a wide theological range from conservative to liberal.

Other Branches of Christianity
There are a number of other Christian denominations that are considered by most people to be protestant, but the churches themselves are not always receptive to being called protestant. These include the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), the Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science and various Pentecostal churches such as Assembly of God, Church of God and Holiness. In addition to the Bible, Mormons follow the Book of Mormon and believe in actively proselytizing. Jehovah's Witnesses also believe in active proselytizing and do not celebrate birthdays or holidays. Christian Scientists teach that humans only think sickness and evil exist. The various Pentecostal denominations may speak in tongues and tend to put a greater emphasis on the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
source
I don't know about you, but I can see glaring differences in some of these cults. Are you saying you believe exactly the same as a Mormon, or a LDS Member? I dare say not, friend.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

After viewing the pages and videos linked by ringlejames, I've got loads of things going through my head about this thread and I can't decide which to put first, so the following comments and questions might be a bit disjointed but - anyway:

If the translations in the link are true, then I would have to say that, I too, believe they are nearer to the truth, than the Bible's version of how humans were created. Mainly because the Sumerian's version is more logical than the Bible's version. It just makes more sense to me and it also just feels 'right'.

Whenever I've heard that phrase " men are from Mars, women are from Venus "- I've always replied (only half-jokingly) "nah, women were the original species on Earth and men have been genetically engineered from women, by beings from another planet." Ahaaar - It seems that the Sumerians sort of think so too.
It's more likely that we were created by a male and a female, not by one male god. I don't give a flick how powerful and supernatural God is, you can't create life without a female being involved.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God..." !?!?
More like: In the beginning was female and the female was with God

The Sumerian tablets give a reason, to me, as to why the male dominated religions have spent centuries keeping women underfoot and subservient to men and blamed them for everything from the expulsion from the Garden of Eden to crop failure and cattle deaths etc in the 1600s! (Witch trials etc.) Read the part about Adamu's birth and Tiamat's birth and you'll see what I mean, i.e:

The Annunaki created the male earthling and he didn't look like them.
They created the female earthling and she did look like them.
Ahaaar!! That means that females have more of the Annunaki in them. So females are more like the creators.
There's no way the men who compiled the Bible are going to let that become common knowledge!!

There are a couple of things in the Bible, that have always made me wonder about alien contact but I've just realised the time and that I've got to get up for work, so I'll run it by any of the religious people on here, tomorrow.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Point taken, that was simply wishful thinking on my part. The world would be better off without religion though. That I will not back away from.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

There are a couple of things in the Bible, that have always made me wonder about alien contact but I've just realised the time and that I've got to get up for work, so I'll run it by any of the religious people on here, tomorrow.

Let me be of some help here.
Any time you read of Angels, Demons, or Nephilim, you are reading of ETs.
That being said, here are some links on ETs/Aliens and UFOs in the Bible:

Aliens In The Bible

Flying Vehicles and Advanced Technology in the Bible

UFOs & the Bible: Genesis 6 & Nephilim 101

UFOs in the Bible

There are lots more, but I am tired now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aBeneGesserit

Thumbs up and star and flag

:

Yelp yelp. Just think, it explains how ADMA AND EVE'S sons where able to procreate. They mated with the previous homo sapiens species. Immediately diluting the new species. We started with long long lives and the more we mated in with our less evolved earth brothers the more our new chimera dna was diluted. Then you have the flood created by an gigantic chunk of ice falling into the ocean causing a tiddle wave that swept the world over. World dna analysis has proven we all come from a common ancestor mother, giving use noah and his family. I am not saying the old testament is truly false because some of it is true. I dont know what noahs name was but enki gave warn about a great flood coming and told him what caused it. It gives logical explanations to the bibles oldest questions and the thing that pretty much proves it is you can give on answer for everything. With how advanced our technology was, we could very well do the same thing. We know how to travel tremendous speed beyond imagination. We could with intense study of genetics do the same thing probably within 50 years. And be able to witness all of the bibles biggest questions, by playing god ourselves.

Yall have no idea. wow I wish I could type as fast I think.

We do have life extending technology right now. One of them is antineo plastons, not jsut good for amazing non toxic and no symptoms form of cancer treatment, but also is good for colds, old timers diesease, lol, much more plus, thought to activate the g36 gene that fights off almost any known viral threat with a few exceptions.

There is special uv and led lights that at certain frequencies extends the life of cells by 2-5 times. We are the virus that is killing the earth and there are those that know it and those doing something about it. We are a heard needed to be thinned. The weak shall perish while the strong survive. Survival of the fittest. Its a dog eat dog world. Sorry bout my ending rant. Thanks for the comment.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
reply to post by aBeneGesserit

We do have life extending technology right now. One of them is antineo plastons, not jsut good for amazing non toxic and no symptoms form of cancer treatment, but also is good for colds, old timers diesease, lol, much more plus, thought to activate the g36 gene that fights off almost any known viral threat with a few exceptions.

Sounds like the Ga'ould off of Stargate

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks to autowrench for the links, although they're not the sort of contact I was thinking about.

I first saw pictures & read about UFOs etc in the Bible and also the ancient carvings of men in spaceships etc, about 10 years ago. Probably in the book by Alan Alford called Gods of the New Millenium, which I read in the late 1990's. There's been a few books and documentaries over the years as well.
(Apologies if the following is included somewhere in those links, I haven't actually looked at those yet.)
I meant actual speaking contact and things like the Ark Of The Covenant and the Menorah, that seem to point to communications between Earth and another planet or space-ships.

There's a passage in the Bible ( Exodus 25: 10-40 ) where God gives very detailed intructions to Moses on how to build a Menorah, for the Tabernacle and also how to construct the Ark Of The Covenant.
Why would anyone need such precise detail and measurements, just to construct what is basically a seven-pronged lamp and a box to put some stone tablets in?
Unless it was an aerial to be used to relay the signal from a communication device.
The Ark Of The Covenant being the communication device.
Exodus 25:40
" See that you make them according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."
(Otherwise it will be... scrunchy crisp packet ...you're breaking up mission control I can't hear you. )

Back to the original link gven by ringlejames: Before logging on today I had a look at the Creation Story section and saw this bit:

"Nibiran scientists powdered the gold into fine dust and experimented with it; they could use it, they reported, to disperse as contrails in the air and shield Nibiru's atmosphere. Get more gold quick, they said. Anu beamed Earth: Send us Alalu's ship with all gold you gathered."
"So Ea and Abgal entered Alalu's spacecraft. In it, they found seven nuclear missiles. They hid the nukes in a cave in the African Great Lakes area."

Bearing in mind that I'd never believed any of the reasons for the war in Iraq ( I'd always wondered what the U.S. were looking for, or fighting over in the 'cradle of civilisation ' and knew it wasn't Saddam or oil )
I thought I'd have a look at things going on in Africa. I know there's always a lot of wars in that area and most of them allegedly started by the U.S. Thought perhaps they might be over there looking for "the nukes in a cave in the African Great Lakes area. "

The Economist is the first thing I saw when searching under 'Africa Great Lakes'. They have an article from last year entitled 'America In Africa: A light footprint'
It turns out there's something called Africom, which is apparently, the Pentagon's Africa Command.
Here's how they describe Africom:
"Africom is one of the oddest creatures in the American military. Its staff of 2,000 includes no regular troops, no “trigger-pullers”, unlike its sibling Centcom, which oversees Iraq and Afghanistan. "
"Responsible for American operations in all African countries except Egypt, Africom was set up four years ago in the toxic aftermath of the Iraq invasion to pioneer a new form of defence, encompassing diplomacy and development. To avoid future high-profile wars, commanders were told to focus on “smart power”: training national armies to keep the peace and to neutralise threats before they reach the headlines.
Then at the end of the article :
"A quarter of Africom’s staff is meant to be made up of linguists, historians and other specialists. Yet 99.5% of Africom personnel are Pentagon employees..."

I've just included snippets from the article here and I realise it's talking about peace-keeping in Africa - but it could well be that any interest America has in that area, is to do with the Sumerian tablets and the Annunaki.. Especially since Africom was set up just after Iraq. Perhaps they found what they were looking for there and are making sure they find everything else before anyone else does.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

ps. forgot to say thanks ringlejames, for the thumbs-up etc. I'm used to being called bonkers, when speaking about things like the subject of your post - but then I should've realised before now, that most of the people who post or reply on this website are a bit more open-minded and resistant to TPTB brainwashing.
Anyway, at the risk of being too late and everyone including yourself is on to another thread by now:
What about Hitler? He must've had access to Sumerian tablet translations, which would explain his plans for a super-race. Weren't the Annunaki blond blue eyed?
It would also explain his hatred of Jewish people if Abraham was one of the Annunaki. Plus it would explain the reasons for his genetic delvings/experiments on Jewish people.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I agree that the world would be better of without religion. Women especially, wouldn't have been held back and dismissed as much as they have been.

Faith's what you believe in. Religion is what they want you to believe in.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join