It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Old tesament Came from!!! And the true Story of how we where created!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Cool story, but not entirely accurate. Abraham was Sumerian/Babylonian before he left the area. Only the book of Genesis is actually taken from the Sumerian stuff and all peoples in those areas had the similar stories of creation. The other 4 books of the Torah and Tenach have nothing to do with those stories with the exception that occasionally the Israelites fell into worshipping Ashtoreth, Ba'al and Molech, the Canaanite rendition of Sumerian gods against YHWH's commandments.

The proof of the real God is the one who answers his believers prayers when they need him to most and in ways they can never foresee.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Enki and Enlil were the sons of the supreme god , Anu, who was the god of the Sumerians . These 2 were half brothers and did not see eye to eye,,,it seems on anything. I think it was Enki who was sent to earth to mine gold. If I am wrong some one will tell me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by ringlejames

Now i am realy puzzled...your quote

"The sumerian tablets say enki created man by infusing the previous "homo sapiens"
with their Annunaki dna"
Did they realy know of dna? I was under the impression that dna was first discoveredin 1869!

1869 was the year Human Beings "discovered" DNA coding. I would have to say, based on much research, that the Annunaki know a great deal more about Genetics and the human genome than humanity knows today.
And interstellar space flight, and so on.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
writtenreply to post by ringlejames

You know, I actually thought this website was going to be different. I enjoy reading scholarly translations of Sumerian and Akkadian, but I'm entirely frustrated by the eclipsing non sequeitur sect of Sumerian, prumulgated by Sitchin.

Then in a Giants search watching youtube videos I discovered THE ANUNNAKI - those who from heaven to Earth came. About an advanced giant human race millions of years ahead of us in technology, Like a starwars movie with beam weapons, and aircrafts. They come from an undiscovered tenth planet Nibiru in our solar system way past pluto, that has an elongated orbit that goes way past pluto and enters the inner solar system between mars and jupiter in a reverse rotation every 3600 years. How they came here thousands of years ago and gave birth to humanity here on Earth.

This quote from the website is everything that's wrong with Sumerian discource and alternative theory. Simply said, the planet Nibiru doesn't exist. In the present age, there's an abundance of information, and that's not a bad thing, but there's also an abundance of incorrect information, intentional or not. You just have to know how to surf the web.

I also find it even more freightening, that by process of elimination you ruled out the Old Testament through chronology. The Sumerian creation account is the oldest written creation story. People passed these stories down ORALLY. In the case of the flood, Sumerians actually identify themselves with biblical characters. It's either the Sumerians created this story and over 150 cultures copied them, or that this event acutally happened and the Sumerians were the first to write them down. The evidence is in favor of the fertile crescent settlers coming from the South and East, from Turkey and the Indus valley civilization.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
Eh, I've known this for ages now lol And though I have tried to point the question out to folks, no one likes to listen. Cognitive dissonance is too strong in most religious folks. Their brain will not allow them to listen.

But, yes. the old testament is, essentially, a re-written version of many sumerian texts, as well as Egyptian and, I have begun to note, some Ayurvedic things as well (or so it would seem).

Great example is the story of Noah and the flood. Same story is told in the Epic of Gilgamesh, with different names, faces and places.

But if the Epic of Gilgamesh is the older version, that makes it the more correct one, to logical thinking, because it would be closer to the source of the story.

Therefore, the story of Noah is, to bite no bones about it, a flat out lie.

Now... start out your conversation with someone that is hyper religious with that factoid, and see what happens.

Cognitive dissonance, followed by denial and, if pressed, they will likely go violent on you.

Happens. Trust me on that one.

And, to top it all off, the Sumerian texts are very likely not the originals themselves.

Here's another factoid. According to the old testament, Abraham WAS A SUMERIAN. He was from the land of Ur. That's, to those of you that don't know, Sumeria.

So from the get-go, the whole Hebrew religion, which spawned both Christianity and Islam, was started by Abraham, who was a refugee from Sumeria.

Don't think that fact had an influence on anything that he told his kiddos to pass down the family tree?

That violence will likely come from biblical scholars trying to put a sword through the bane of non-sequitur Sumerian. Put some more study into the post dilluvian spread of humanity, you'll see that this isn't the rat race to write the past down, as you're positing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Although it was 1869 when Swiss physician Friedrich Mischer first discovered DNA, it

was 1951 before Watson and Crick started work on unravelling it, and it was 1953 before

they published their results.

So at the time 'humans' were deciphering the 'stone' tablets of the Sumerians they (humans)

would have been unaware of the meaning of DNA?...Odd that, people's so far seperated by

time use the same words (DNA) when language alters with every generation!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

This quote from the website is everything that's wrong with Sumerian discource and alternative theory. Simply said, the planet Nibiru doesn't exist.

Actually Nibiru does exist.

But...

Sitchin's translations are off. The "red winged" planet is not an extra-solar planetoid. Nibiru is a Babylonian word, and it's the Babylonian word for Jupiter. Jupiter is the red winged destroyer and it's rings are it's wings. There are 2 or 3 large planetoids out there NASA did detect, but no mention of any eliptical trajectory from the one they dubbed Eris.

Besides if there was something out there heading towards us and expected to be close enough to spit on, i think we'd be able to see that one. Even NASA and the government cannot cover up every astronomer's telescope, one of them would see it coming and spill the beans.
edit on 15-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, you're right Nibiru in SUmerian mythology does exist, but in the Sitchin world it isn't what it is reported to be. Their god Marduk was associated with Jupiter, almost all of the time, and Neberu a handful of times. I think most researchers believe Nibiru is Jupiter, but I can't remember.

edit on 15-5-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is the second time in two weeks that I have seen a thread on ATS relating to something I am actually reading.

I'm reading a book by Laurence Gardner called Genesis Of The Grail Kings ( first published in 1999 ) " the astonishing story of the ancient bloodline of Christ "

He starts with the Sumerians and the tablets found and gives evidence and translations that show that the Bible, specifically Genesis, is based on Sumerian traditions and beliefs.

He goes into great detail about the discovery in 1923 of the city of Ur, by archaeologist Sir Charles Leonard Woolley and what was found there. Contrary to one of the replies on here, Sumerian records etc have not been lost over the centuries.
Sir Charles Woolley and teams from the British Museum and University of Pennsylvania, found absolutely masses of documentation in Ur, of just about everything you could think of. For example : medical records, taxation records, lawyers records, mathematical calculators and "triangular formulae as manifest in the mathematics of Euclid who lived some 1700 years later." " all in a unique Sumerian style of wedge-shaped cuneiform writing."

The buildings they found " were built in the second millenium BC but by todays standards they were mansions of the utmost luxury."

In 1923, Woolley noted in his journal :

" We must radically alter our view of the Hebrew patriarch ( Abraham ) when we see that his earlier years were passed in such sophisticated surroundings. He was the citizen of a great city and inherited the traditions of an old and highly organized civilization. "

Laurence Gardner states:

" Abraham was actually descended from a daughter of the great king Ur-nammu who built the ziggurat Temple of Ur."

He also explains that " amongst 20,000 preserved clay tablets, excavated from the worlds most famous ancient library at Nineveh in Mesopotamia, are twelve which tell the story of the Flood. According to these texts, the hero of the epic, who was commanded by the gods to build a ship, was King Uta-napishtim of Shuruppak, who reigned around 4000BC."
He goes on to say:
" Before looking at the Mesopotamian flood saga in greater detail, we should first consider how it was that the original Hebrew compilers of Genesis, nearly 3,500 years after the Flood, grafted Uta-napishtim's story into the the lifetime of the much later Noah."

I'd recommend Laurence Gardner's books anyway. He died unfortunately in 2010, but he's done over 30 years research into things relating to the Bible and Jesus etc and in another of his books - The Magdalene Legacy - really lifts the lid on why and how the Catholic Church besmirched the character of Mary Magdalene and purposefully misrepresented her as a harlot/prostitute as a way of keeping the truth hidden and also as a way of keeping the power of the church, in the form of Popes, in their own control, rather than where it should be, which is with the family and descendants of Jesus.
He also gives reasons for Catholic priests celibacy and why they have been allowed, by the church hierarchy, to commit the crimes against children that they've been committing for the past 300 hundred years and more.

On a personal note, I have contempt for any religious institution - especially the Catholic church - that whitewashes women out of the equation, which is just about all Western religions. Makes me think that women must have a lot of spiritual /natural power, else why spend centuries trying to keep them underfoot?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The Sumerian creation and the Hebrew book of Genesis came from the same location. You (and others) suggest that the Sumerian creation legend pre-dates the Hebrew version.

Please carefully review the age of the tablets from which the Enuma Elish and similar legends are translated. I think you will find that without fail they are all considerably later than the estimated time of Abraham.

Sumerian peoples existed before Abraham but it does not follow that their beliefs and stories arose at the same time. At best we can assume that the Sumerian creation was contemporary to the Biblical one.

The high point of Sumerian culture and empire was significantly later than the Abrahamic period. The earliest records we have from Sumeria date are no earlier than 2900 BC. Wikipedia - Sumeria. Abraham is assumed to have lived @ 2000 BC but the biblical creation occurred 1,948 years before he was born (and it is assumed that the Biblical creation was documented well before Abraham).

Still, ignoring the date of each account, consider:

In the Sumerian creation legend, every human character is a super human with magical powers.

In the Biblical creation, every human is merely human (most fallibly so) and none have any powers (only God does).

Which do you find believable?

edit on 15/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
Like The Sumerian tablets depicting the creation of modern man had been run through 1380 years of the telephone game and we have the new testament.

Someone had heard the story and written it down maybe the way he heard it maybe a little differently. Who knows. All I know is that Christianity is an even bigger shame than I thought.

Lol, you actually think that's possible?

This wasn't the telephone game. These weren't KIDS telling one kid "My friend Susan has a dog named Barkly." and 1300 years later the kid at the end gets "In the Beginning, God.." etc.

These are scholars. These are monks. These are PROFESSIONALS dealing with, what they considered, HOLY SCRIPTURE. They weren't CARELESS in their work - and more importantly, for the first part of the early church, they weren't based off copies of copies, they were based off a COMMUNITY of people who WITNESSED the Risen Christ.

If you think the Bible isn't the infallible word of God, then you obviously don't think God is capable of preserving his word - and your "god" would be too small.

I was surfing the net and came across a college site who translated the Sumerian tablets. I forget what site it was

Off to a great start already -_-

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I don't know if the story of Noah actually happened but know this, there has been without any doubt 2 great world floods that did in fact happen without question. Americans are not well educated in geography and history.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The Old Testament is actually a compiliation of many great ancient legends and culture from various civilizations, not just the Sumarians.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The Old Testament is actually a compiliation of many great ancient legends and culture from various civilizations, not just the Sumarians.

As I told another poster, would you care to throw some sand under the wheels of your theory and try to get a little traction?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Satan is older than man and planted the seeds of doubt, fallen angels are the creators of these lies and will stop at nothing to convince you that they are from space. sumarians to egyptians all are victims to the deciever and so on and you should try putting it all together and see what you guys come up with. Instead of trying to disprove the bible, why not try put all the things that happened in the past and bunch them up into one theory. That Satan has been working since the dawn of man to draw man away from God.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Renegade2283 sez:
The bible speaks about the creation of earth. However, the Sumerian accounts speak of the creation of the universe. There is strike one.

Laz replies:
Strike one? Pardon me, but this is a homerun: In the beginning [time], God created the heavens [space] and the earth [matter]...and God said Let there be light [energy]. Here's the foundation for our modern understanding of the world and the universe, and it's all in Genesis 1:1-2. Your clay tablets are crude on more than one level.

Renegade2283 sez:
Also, inspiring and authoritative are opinionated statements so they hold no water.

Laz replies:
When I say "inspiring," I am referring to the doctrine which states that the Bible is inspired (or dictated if you prefer) word-for-word and letter-for-letter. In view of the heptadic coding, nothing else makes sense. It is not an opinion, it is a mathematical certainty. The same goes for "authoritative," but then most folks don't want to accept that because they do not want to answer to a God who has authority and power.

Renegade2283 sez:
As far as the hepatic structure, Im sure that there could be an equally impressive structure to be found in the Sumerian tale. However, with much of that missing or gone, partially due to the waves of historical destruction that occurred in the name of the bible.

Laz replies:
I doubt that you'd find such an "equally impressive structure" in the Sumerian tales, and the burden of proof is on you, so don't turn the tablets quite yet. Further, I ask you what "waves of historical destruction" occurred to the Sumerian records due to anything having to do with the Bible? Those clay tables were buried centuries before the world ever heard of a Christian. Red herring? I think so.

Renegade2283 sez:
Thats what really seems to scare the Catholics is "pagan worship". Well I ask this, If it was just made up, then why did the Catholics fear it so much. Its a horrible feeling to see an Egyptian hieroglyph scratched out and a cross placed over it.

Laz replies:
Not being Catholic, I really can't answer for the fear of all things Pagan, but perhaps it is because so much of Catholicism is also made up? Just a guess. As far as the hieroglyphs, the Egyptians did a lot of scratching on their own, and when Egypt became (at least nominally) Christian, some habits carried over...

Renegade2283 sez:
Egyptian mythology has shown even more impressive feats of structure and sequencing. A good example would be the Eye of Horus fractions. Not to mention the amazing things found in the dimensions of the Pyramids.

Laz replies:
I'm a student of Egyptian mathematics and pyramidology, so I'm well aware of that. I've even read the Egyptian Book of the Dead - superstitious drivel for the most part. However, if you go back far enough in Egyptian religious history, you come up against a single deity who made people on a potter's wheel, much as the Bible depicts God making people. The true account was not so corrupted that far back.

Renegade2283 sez:
The bible is a drastically edited book that was originally a library of books that has been whittled down to the gems as several different sects of Christianity fought over control of it. It was edited by men, in an attempt to control people.

Laz replies:
That old chestnut again - can you substantiate that? Even if it is true, a proposition I do not accept, it is still the most accurately preserved document which has come down to us from antiquity. If what you say is true, the heptadic codes would not work, but they do.

Renegade2283 sez:
It [the Bible] was edited by men, in an attempt to control people.

Laz replies:
Yes, most of the modern versions do that, and the perps will reap a terrible reward for it. Other forces try to keep God's Word intact. Corrupted documents, Biblical or otherwise will not help you, but until God opens your eyes, there you are...with corrupted documents.

Well saying "the heavens" in such a broad sense doesn't really explain in detail the creation of the universe as the Sumerian account does.

As far as the destruction in the name of the bible. I know thousands of Sumerian tablets were destroyed by the catholic church for being pagan. They may have been buried for centuries but that doesnt stop the church from destroying them after they were found.

Also just by the fact that you said "book of the dead" which is an incorrect western translation you obviously don't know to much about Egyptology.

As far as"the bible code". Give me a break. I remember hearing the tiny possibility that it was chance. A probability no matter how low is still a possibility. Plus I think its kinda of the whole your gonna find what your looking for.

Edit: Yes the Egyptians did do there fair share of scratching, but they did it inside their own culture. One ruler would cover the hieroglyphs of his predecessor occasionally. That doesn't excuse the blatant vandalism in the name of god. To me, the people "burning books", are usually trying to hide something because they feel threatened.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aBeneGesserit

He starts with the Sumerians and the tablets found and gives evidence and translations that show that the Bible, specifically Genesis, is based on Sumerian traditions and beliefs.

There is the whole argument right there

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
Satan is older than man and planted the seeds of doubt, fallen angels are the creators of these lies and will stop at nothing to convince you that they are from space. sumarians to egyptians all are victims to the deciever and so on and you should try putting it all together and see what you guys come up with. Instead of trying to disprove the bible, why not try put all the things that happened in the past and bunch them up into one theory. That Satan has been working since the dawn of man to draw man away from God.

And that is the stone wall I was talking about.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

No substance huh you have had cambridge professors, yale and harvard alumni confirm the translation of the tablets. We know it was before the time of the old testament because of the layer of soil it was under was 3.2 feet to 3.9 feet. Now whether or not nibiru actually orbits our solar system every 3.5 thousand years idk. The fact that the annunaki came from nibiru idk. There is no what you call substance. We might not even come from nibiru. But one thing for sure is the sumerian tablets are as old as I and the prestigious have claimed and the "college geeks have proved it. It is a whole hell of a lot more proof than the OT. The sumerian tablets are older than the ot. The tablets are the guidelines for the OT, SAVE NAME CHANGES PLACES AND THINGS, the tablets are the old testament.

Now dont get me wrong the belief of Christianity is as real as it gets. The routine of going to to church and constantly thinking about god 3 times a week is enough to make and man good man if they commit. Your thoughts will be god would not want me to do this god would not want me to do that. I feel like I have to do this.
But that good is built by the deception of evil men to keep the world quite little brainwashed sheep never capable of pushing the envelope

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I sure hope you are joking. Hepatic coding. Really that is what I see as yeah right a made up story that has hidden codes. The hidden hepatic coding may hold value what ever it may be, but that is probably why I totally 100% irrevocably distrust anything the bible says as true. Forget anything about the Sumerians at this point,

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join