It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Old tesament Came from!!! And the true Story of how we where created!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Renegade2283

So the older something is, the truer it is?

ok..........

guess we are also the center of the universe and the world is flat under a moon with little green men on it eating cheese.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Didnt mean that at all. Refer to my above post

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oh, forget it.

This is a fools den to fall into.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Im honestly sorry. I didn't mean to offend . I was just trying to say that you cant let Stitchin ruin what might be one the most important revelations of all time

Edit: I dont understand what I said that upset you.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

How is it any more of a revelation than any other ancient text trying to explain the then mysteries of life?

All are equally dubious in the the very least.

Were am I upset?

How can you tell what I feel at all over the internet?

Again I say "forget it". This is a no win subject when belief is the main rock to build on without any substance to it otherwise.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

How is it any more of a revelation than any other ancient text trying to explain the then mysteries of life?

All are equally dubious in the the very least.

I was more talking specifically about the Ancient alien theory when I said revelation. Or better yet, ancient connection theory as I would rather call it. Because it is all open to interpretation and change, and doesnt necessarily mean aliens.

However, I can safely say that their is a connection between the religions of the past that is not covered in modern academia. At least tell me we can agree on that

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Were am I upset?

How can you tell what I feel at all over the internet?

Again I say "forget it". This is a no win subject when belief is the main rock to build on without any substance to it otherwise.

Hey I just thought I had somehow pissed you off or something. And trust me I am very open minded and will always "deny ignorance". My beliefs are always open to change, and I am willing to hear you out so you can prove me wrong. Nothing I believe is set in stone.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
The very first Civilization ever, the ones who invented writing, mathematics, astrology, agriculture, pottery....our first peoples on Earth.

I would add...."that is currently acknowledged."
Personally I think there were other occurances of writing that far pre-date Sumeria, and/or at the very least, in other undiscovered/newly discovered cultures that date around the same time.

And yet, believe me or not, I have had Christians attempt to convince me that the Ancient Sumerains sat and wrote fiction stories. And that they just made the whole story up. and that the stories are just "Myths" while their newer, copied and plagiarized book is the absolute truth,

I don't think they are made up, I think it is just a matter of perspective, influenced by culture.

in fact, two days ago a Christian man informed me that Jesus Christ, his "Lord" wrote the entire Bible, from cover to cover.

That's retarded. I don't know of any Christian who believes Jesus wrote the Bible. Are you sure you didn't misunderstand that person as referring to Jesus as the personification of "The Word" of God? If not, then I would say that the person you are referring to has misunderstood that particular concept.

I asked this man about Ancient Sumer, and Babylonia, and he then informed me that these places were dwellings of Satan, and that Jesus had destroyed them. I know this guy does not reflect mainstream Christianity's beliefs, but I do know a great many Christians do believe these things.

Once again, I don't know any Christian that believes Jesus destroyed Ancient Sumeria, Babylonia, or even Sodom and Gomorrah for that matter. Sumeria and Babylonia destroyed themselves, IMO, in addition to external warring factions. Much like the US is destroying itself.

I have not read through your thread, but I would bet money a Christian comes in here and tells to the truth, according to them, of course. Meanwhile, I agree with you.

To be fair I would say that most everyone on ATS, hell, in regular life for that matter, but especially on ATS, I would say tells the truth according to themselves. Hence the pointless, unproductive bickering that ensues in forums such as Religion, Politics, UFOs, 9-11, etc. Nowadays, there are very few "universal truths" even acknowledged.
I would even go so far as to offer one of those universal truths being the very fact that most individuals tell the "truth" according to them. Wow, I feel so insightful this morning. Probably because I'm already on my 2nd Mountain Dew.
Anyway, why do you hate Christians so much? I suppose that is off-topic, so please forgive me for the inquiry, as my intent is not to derail this interesting thread

Thankfully, I don't ascribe all atheists as being the colossal A-holes that seem to represent that belief (um, well, unbelief, or belief in unbelief, or however you would say it) on ATS. Nor do I ascribe to all Wiccans the longing to eradicate all Christians from the face of the earth like most of them seem to imply on ATS.
Why the vehment animosity? Please understand, I don't seek conflict, I am genuinely curious.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, having READ books like "The Earth Chronicles", "The Stairway to Heaven", (Book 2) "The Wars of Gods and Men", (Book 3)
"The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God", I would have to say that Zecharia Sitchin is a well read, well researched writer, and he writes what he believes es is true. Many Authors wrote of the Annunaki, Nibiru, and the comparisons between the Sumerian Tablets and the Holy Bible are uncanny, to say the least. Here are some books in my own library, none of which were written by Zecharia Sitchin.

The Annunaki Enigma: Creation
Symm Hawes McCord

Planet X: The Annunaki Wars
J. Edward Parrott

Annunaki, Hebrew God?
Roc Hatfield

Nephilim: Chronicles of the Annunaki
F.W. Shannon

Planet X and The Kolbrin Bible Connection
Greg Jenner

Sorry for the comment, friend, you sounded like one of those who thinks Zecharia Sitchin made the whole story up. My mistake.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Those Tablets were read long before Sitchin wrote any books on them. And sadly, this information has been posted in here before, but I am not going to find it for you.

Boo.
I would be much more interested if all I had to do is click a link....*hint hint*

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, having READ books like "The Earth Chronicles", "The Stairway to Heaven", (Book 2) "The Wars of Gods and Men", (Book 3)
"The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God", I would have to say that Zecharia Sitchin is a well read, well researched writer, and he writes what he believes es is true. Many Authors wrote of the Annunaki, Nibiru, and the comparisons between the Sumerian Tablets and the Holy Bible are uncanny, to say the least. Here are some books in my own library, none of which were written by Zecharia Sitchin.

The Annunaki Enigma: Creation
Symm Hawes McCord

Planet X: The Annunaki Wars
J. Edward Parrott

Annunaki, Hebrew God?
Roc Hatfield

Nephilim: Chronicles of the Annunaki
F.W. Shannon

Planet X and The Kolbrin Bible Connection
Greg Jenner

Sorry for the comment, friend, you sounded like one of those who thinks Zecharia Sitchin made the whole story up. My mistake.

Well no more that I think he sensationalized it to make money off of it. I dont doubt that Stitchin's work could provide some insight. I am just saying that if you disagree with the beliefs of one theorist in a field, dont let that completely demean the possibility of the theory at all.

I will admit that I cant even pretend to think I fully understand what Stitchin's intentions were, or the plausibility of his work.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

guess we are also the center of the universe and the world is flat under a moon with little green men on it eating cheese.

I KNEW IT!!!

HA HAAAAA.....I was right all along!

One question though before I gloat, are the green men eating cheese which is the same substance as the moon, or are they eating assorted cheeses they found in a crater somewhere?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by stupid girl

There you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

awww...so sweet.
I hereby bequeath you a coveted ATS star for your effort.
Don't spend it all in one place

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Here are some books in my own library, none of which were written by Zecharia Sitchin.

great.
I was fixin to get up off my ayess and go mow the lawn.
Now I have to fall into the abyss of shopping for books and reading every single review on Amazon.
Thanks for feeding my inner biblio-troll.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I KNEW IT!!!

HA HAAAAA.....I was right all along!

One question though before I gloat, are the green men eating cheese which is the same substance as the moon, or are they eating assorted cheeses they found in a crater somewhere?

Well legend and moon-lore says it is a nice sampler platter of cheeses that they adore most. Brie being the one preferred above all, though.

Although some completely anti-cheese factions on the moon protest consumption of it claiming that all cheeses have rights to be as much as anything else and go as far as calling chomping cheese an evil that angers the purple hippopotamus that rules all moons of flat planets.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well legend and moon-lore says it is a nice sampler platter of cheeses that they adore most. Brie being the one preferred above all, though.

Although some completely anti-cheese factions on the moon protest consumption of it claiming that all cheeses have rights to be as much as anything else and go as far as calling chomping cheese an evil that angers the purple hippopotamus that rules all moons of flat planets.

Okay, I will follow you off the cliff into off-topic posts, against my better judgment, and risk the shame of having a big, fat, ATS banner splatted accross my post.

Having said that, it's not a hippopotamus, it's Grimace:

NOW WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT HE IS!!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Everyone who looks to the ancient Babylonian, or Sumerian, or Elamite, or Egyptian (etc, etc, etc) records overlooks this: if events in the distant past unfolded just as the Book of Genesis relates, then we would EXPECT to see garbled, corrupted versions of the true version in various records. We would also expect to see varying levels of agreement with the Genesis account, and in fact there is one account, handed down by oral tradition from very ancient times, which agrees closely with Genesis, and that is the creation myth of the Miao people, a hill tribe of southern China. Even the names of the characters parallel to the characters in the Genesis account are phonetically recognizable. The Miao account parallels the Genesis account closely right up to the Tower of Babel incident, and then their story diverges from the Genesis account, which again, we would expect to happen.

In short, I find the Genesis account more believable than Sithcin-style half-baked theories.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

You think sumerians created humans, and the Annunaki created humans? They killed humans, they destroyed humans DNA.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Everyone who looks to the ancient Babylonian, or Sumerian, or Elamite, or Egyptian (etc, etc, etc) records overlooks this: if events in the distant past unfolded just as the Book of Genesis relates, then we would EXPECT to see garbled, corrupted versions of the true version in various records. We would also expect to see varying levels of agreement with the Genesis account, and in fact there is one account, handed down by oral tradition from very ancient times, which agrees closely with Genesis, and that is the creation myth of the Miao people, a hill tribe of southern China. Even the names of the characters parallel to the characters in the Genesis account are phonetically recognizable. The Miao account parallels the Genesis account closely right up to the Tower of Babel incident, and then their story diverges from the Genesis account, which again, we would expect to happen.

In short, I find the Genesis account more believable than Sithcin-style half-baked theories.

In short you believe in Christianity's version of things over the Sumerians and Egyptians who were in existence closer to the point of "creation"? Doesn't seem any more plausible then Stitchin's account. The bible's track record is to blame for that

edit on 15-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: added quotes to state my uncertainty.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

I was going to say something generally along the same lines. The various sources seem to recount the same events...that's really about all you can absolutely draw from it.

People can definitely feel free to extrapolate that into "the sumerians had it right because they're older," but that's no more a valid assumption in my opinion as they themselves were just recalling their own distant past...which can suffer in translation every bit as much as anyone else - and in the case of the bible at least (those who choose to believe will, and those who won't, won't), Moses supposedly received the record directly from a higher source - be that Ea-Enki, "God" of the hebrews, who/what ever...or maybe they're all the same.

All the old stories are true?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join