It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes today to Tie Obama's Hands on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

LoL, yea I deserve that for the typo. I am sane and would never give a gun to a kid.

I too wish we could all live together and survive by eating sunshine and rainbows. But, the simple fact of the matter is humans are animals and life isn't peachy like that. Freedom is granted to you by men with guns, and freedom is taken away by men with guns live with that or continue to survive in La-La land. the important thing is to make sure the right people have guns.

From a broad historical point I know of the great Persian Empire. They carried the world through the dark ages (maybe several times). I am not sure where that line of thinking is going? Iran is the great persian empire in that story correct? That was many, many moons ago and the empire has fallen, it has changed hands several times since it was the Persian Empire.

"the American people" do not want war with anyone, even I do not want to see war. War is the worst outcome of any situation. However, war is business at this point in history. Money controls politics and rich men make money off war. Research the people running for office and stop participating in america's popularity contest and perhaps things will change.
edit on 15-5-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Congress is the representative voice of the American people. The American people, and every lawmaker in the country wants a law to go to war with Iran....

And it is ONLY Obama who is at fault should he sign it into law?
edit on 15-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

Please, lets not start blaming the American people. Healthcare law passed and the majority didn't want it.

Now this.

And yes, Obama can veto this or sign it.

If he veto's then good. If he signs it, then bad.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is about this, you all want to bomb a country and kill innocent people because they have a Theocratic REPUBLIC that Americans do not happen to like. You all were promising the Shah, a dictator who was evil, all the assistance needed for nuclear power... after discussing whether or not pursuing nuclear power was in accordance with this laws of Islam, and making the determination that it was something that could be done, the new Theocratic REPUBLIC restarted the program in pursuit of nuclear power.

This is why you want to kill people who have never attacked you, who have never done you any harm whatsoever. THIS?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Congress is the representative voice of the American people. The American people, and every lawmaker in the country wants a law to go to war with Iran....

Please, lets not start blaming the American people. Healthcare law passed and the majority didn't want it.

Now this.

If your representitives in the government, who represent the will of the American people are not doing what the American people wanted you would FIRE them!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Now this.

If your representitives in the government, who represent the will of the American people are not doing what the American people wanted you would FIRE them!

Oh my, are you NEW HERE?

We are in the process. It's called "elections".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

let me understand clearly. The US is making a LAW making it illegal (?) to do diplomatic relations with Iran, and making it a LAW to go to war with Iran?

No that's not correct! The "U.S." is not attempting to enact such a law. This is a purely Republican initiative devoid of all Democratic support in the House and/or Senate.

This is what the "Republicans" would like to see enacted and I'm confident that the vast majority of american citizens would view this initiative as insane.

It has no chance of actually becoming law and it serves as a shining example of how absolutely useless the GOP/TP representatives in congress really are. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think that my tax dollars help to pay their salaries while they continue to waste time and money with such insane proposals.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Al Salam Alaikum Rahmat ullah wa barakatuhu

Jameela (great name BTW), I enjoy reading your posts and agree with many things you say, although that would be hard for most people to believe.

I just had to make one comment though about sharing of blame. Many people hold on to a belief that all muslims are terrorists and bad people. It is because powerful men in the religion commit acts that can only be called inhumane. Others say that not all muslims are bad and I agree with that whole heartedly.

If american politicians (men in power), commit acts or have others commit similar acts, why then are all americans bad?

We really can't have it both ways.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Now this.

Oh my, are you NEW HERE?

We are in the process. It's called "elections".

well so far you keep voting for the same policies over and over. Your election process you keep having PROVES the American people want this.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by Jameela

Al Salam Alaikum Rahmat ullah wa barakatuhu

Jameela (great name BTW), I enjoy reading your posts and agree with many things you say, although that would be hard for most people to believe.

I just had to make one comment though about sharing of blame. Many people hold on to a belief that all muslims are terrorists and bad people. It is because powerful men in the religion commit acts that can only be called inhumane. Others say that not all muslims are bad and I agree with that whole heartedly.

If american politicians (men in power), commit acts or have others commit similar acts, why then are all americans bad?

We really can't have it both ways.

Wa alaykum asSalaam Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh ya akhi

because Americans they vote on these... because the American people desire this type of leadership, they openly choose these people... they are free to choose anyone they want

Muslims do not get to choose who decides to run their mouth about our religion, nor do we get to decide who calls themself Muslim, nor can we control the actions of people, most of whom do not even live in the same country as we do.

That said I only blame 50 - 75% of the American people. not all of them.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Are we that surprised? They have had a ridiculous build up of military power in the gulf. Even more than the Gulf War. However, this is wrong. The country that first developed nuclear weapons, should not be the only country allowed nuclear weapons. Imagine if China, Russia, Iran, Pakistan all signed on that the US having nuclear weapons was a threat and decided to invade to dis arm them? Its the exact situation Iran is in now. Thats #ed up.

However, I don't think any country needs weapons capable of destroying whole peoples. We have virtual games, why not just pit country v country on some Arma 3 type combat sim. That way we blow off steam, and no gets killed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I too wish we could all live together and survive by eating sunshine and rainbows. But, the simple fact of the matter is humans are animals and life isn't peachy like that. Freedom is granted to you by men with guns, and freedom is taken away by men with guns live with that or continue to survive in La-La land. the important thing is to make sure the right people have guns.

It is not up to America to Police the world. When was the last time Persia commited atrocities on other nations? I can give you a long list of American atrocities. The American Government are the ones that should not have guns. The American Government should not have nukes. They dropped the atomic bomb. They cannot be trusted with them. What other nation would do such a thing?

It is you who is in "La La land".

And your flawed opinions make it difficult to pick out your typos.

And the Iranians consider themselves to be Persians. And they are a great people. Are you saying they are not?
edit on 15-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wonder how many would feel as comfortable with another foreign nation , apart from Israel, having such a huge influence over their nations elected officials.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

let me understand clearly. The US is making a LAW making it illegal (?) to do diplomatic relations with Iran, and making it a LAW to go to war with Iran?

No it's a resolution it is not worth the paper it is written on it has no force of law whatsoever. it is just basically congress formally telling the president what they think he should do but the president can ignore it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Alright with the rest of the world pushing for alternative energy which most countries are striving for why is nuclear even in the discussion with Iran?

The middle east has one of the highest natural resources available to anyone sun and wind but nope they want nuclear power.

Alternative is cleaner and supposedly cheaper but no they want nuclear.

Iran wants the bomb plain and simple if they focused all their efforts on alternative they would be left alone.

Easy and pie.
edit on 15-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Pick out the typos as you will, if that is what you choose to argue I will laugh. Might as well point out the pictures people use as their avatar. Mentally retarded serial killers says a lot about a person right?

The Iranians can choose to claim to be what ever they want. It's like a Brit claiming they are really saxons or a frenchman claiming to be Merovingian. One cannot usurp a cilivization and then claim it's inheritance. Iran has changed hands so many times it's almost as bad as texas really.

I never said Iranians were not a great people, all cultures have theie highs and lows.

Yea Yea, bash America. I gives less then a damn really. Either you are American and enjoy the freedoms a powerful military provides (and bash the nation from the safety of your computer), or you are not an American and hate the fact that a powerful military makes us better than you. HAHAHA

I am a realist. People from multiple cultures can get along and live in peace. Cultures however do not have that luxury.

So, ON TOPIC, you think Iran should have nuclear weapons because America does? Or are you against everyone having nuclear capability? The genie doesn't go back into the bottle my friend.

Yes we dropped two bombs on Japan. We warned them and then we dropped two bombs. That meant we didn't have to invade the Japanese mainland to end the war. Did they warn us when they attacked Pearl Harbor? (or are we going to say that was an inside job) Did they surrender when they knew they couldn't win? N because they didn't care about their citizens.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...they are trying to pass a resolution to force Obama to attack Iran

Good luck with that Republicans.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

No. The republican party is. Maybe the President can veto it.

Yes, he will have to veto it if he wants to stay within his party's demands. If he does that, he could lose the Jewish vote in the election. I think they are just forcing his hand. If he does not veto, if he signs, what will his left base do? If he does not veto OR sign, it will become law in 10 days unless Congress adjourns...

per...Section 7 of the Constitution

Section 7 details how bills become law. First, any bill for raising money (such as by taxes or fees) must start out in the House. All bills must pass both houses of Congress in the exact same form. Bills that pass both houses are sent to the President. He can either sign the bill, in which case it becomes law, or he can veto it. In the case of a veto, the bill is sent back to Congress, and if both houses pass it by a two-thirds majority, the bill becomes law over the President's veto. This is known as overriding a veto

There are a couple more options for the President. First, if he neither vetoes a bill nor signs it, it becomes a law without his signature after 10 days. The second option is called a pocket veto. It occurs if Congress sends the bill to the President and they then adjourn. If the President does not sign the bill within 10 days, it does not become law.

www.usconstitution.net...

Well that's with regular bills. As someone says this is just a resolution...I'm not sure. But for crying out loud the Prez has been spending money without a budget.
edit on 15-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Thanks to the Democrat Jimmy Carter Admin and Zbigniew Brzezinski. .

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

We all know that if Obama wanted to attack Iran he doesn't need permission from congress.

Second.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So let me get this straight...they are trying to pass a resolution to force Obama to attack Iran

Good luck with that Republicans.

When put that way, the hype seems rather silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join