It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland Beekeepers Win Ban on Monsanto's GMO!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Banned in Poland following protests by beekeepers who showed the corn was killing honeybees. Poland is the first country to formally acknowledge the link between Monsanto’s genetically engineered corn and the Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) that’s been devastating bees around the world

www.project.nsearch.com...

Its good to see some people and countries starting to stand up to Monsanto. The bee is an integral part of life on earth. I dont think we would last long without it. If this damage to bees has been knowingly done for money. The people responsible should be arrested... I guess they think they are like the bankers and do what they want to.

edit on 16/5/2012 by Sauron because: Site Tag For Quoting External Sources

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Way to go Poland! I'll never tell a Polish joke again! Only praises!

Bee keepers should unite on this issue!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I can't believe more bee farms haven't got involved, especially here in the US. There are just so many benefits from bees, with the natural products they produce, that we really can't live without them.
Go Poland!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Yes it would be good to see an international movement started to protect the bees. I live on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland. Home to the bumble bee. Numbers here are in decline too...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I really have no time for monstano... I think they have well overstepped their mark.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Every Bee Keeper, farmer, everyone should be swarming around this issue. I mean, the net should be abuzz with this news. GMO are killing us, and every species on earth.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Where has this bee hive collapse disorder come from?

Monsanto's gmo crops.
There is no doubt.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Both thumbs up for Polland...awesome!!! Now, the rest of the world has to follow.....common people.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Awesome poster!!!! Thank you for sharing! I have already sent it out................

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good for them! monsanto is evil! (if you don't know why, ask another member of ATS!)

(this is my opinion)

mods don't punish me, its sad that i have to put this sentence here.
edit on 15-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I repeadedly ask people to go back to the original source of the story to stop the "chinese whispers" mutations that happen every time a website takes a story from elsewhere and puts their own twist on it.

Your link, project.nsearch, has taken the story from a wordpress blog.

That blog has taken the story from capwiz.

Capwiz has taken the story from poland.pl

poland.pl has taken the story from "the Chancellery of the Prime Minister", here.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And if you'd botherd to check your sources you'd know this story is WRONG, because no such ban has been put into place.
There is no ban.. yet.
It is a proposal.
Draft document, open for public inspection.

And your story is also out of date.
The Polish Chancellery of the Prime Minister has already posted an update on the situation.

April 12, 2012
Dialogue about GMO: we answer new questions

Can the government guarantee that the ban on cultivation of MON810 maize will be introduced still in April?

We can proceed according to the law. It will be possible to introduce the ban ... after prior approval from the European Commission has been obtained.

link

So its still not done... yet.
All you people popping champagne corks have been fooled into theinking the battle is over, fooled because people dont check the sources of stories.

edit on 15-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Germany is also looking into the connection of CCD and GMO Corn.

The problem, says Haefeker, has a number of causes, one being the varroa mite, introduced from Asia, and another is the widespread practice in agriculture of spraying wildflowers with herbicides and practicing monoculture. Another possible cause, according to Haefeker, is the controversial and growing use of genetic engineering in agriculture.

www.spiegel.de...
edit on 15-5-2012 by MattiasDesigns because: url

edit on 16/5/2012 by Sauron because: Site Tag For Quoting External Sources

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It is very obvious now that Monsanto is what is causing the bee colony die offs. Given that Monsanto has just bought the world's largest bee research firm, doesn't that tell us something? Doesn't that make it quite clear that the owners and executives of Monsanto are well aware of what their crap products do? I think the writing is on the wall. Monsanto needs a full investigation and audit, they need to be raided.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
It is very obvious now that Monsanto is what is causing the bee colony die offs. Given that Monsanto has just bought the world's largest bee research firm, doesn't that tell us something? Doesn't that make it quite clear that the owners and executives of Monsanto are well aware of what their crap products do? I think the writing is on the wall. Monsanto needs a full investigation and audit, they need to be raided.

yeah it doesn't take much insight to see potential problems when the engineers at monsanto, wont allow GMO foods to be served in their own cafeteria.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Whoooohoooo way to go Poland.......wish we could ban them here in the U.S. well someday when we get smarter and crack down on all the greedy politicians it will happen. This is VERY good news

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Monsanto is the future of slash and burn capitalism. Spray toxic chemicals on things and it kills them, YAY!. Too bad it kills everything, and Monsanto dumps their "waste" chemicals with impunity.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
...when the engineers at monsanto, wont allow GMO foods to be served in their own cafeteria.

Laugh all you want at your ignorance, I'm sure you wallow in it well.

The real story, from 1999, was that in one Monsanto site, the outsourced catering company at that time, Sutcliffe Catering, put in a GMO-free policy.
It wasnt Monsanto that did it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Good luck to Poland getting this banned

Don't forget our own iniative here in the USA --- California gets to vote on the ballot in Nov-12 to have GMO's labelled... (that should help drive down GMO production for the whole of the USA if it passes. Monsanto is going to spend millions to mis-inform the public to get this defeated (they've done this before over here in other states) .. the pro-label lobby needs all the support it can get right now... our bee population is in dire trouble, can we afford it if California doesn't say yes to labelling.

Remeber In 2009, President Obama appointed Michael Taylor as a senior adviser for the FDA. Consumer groups protested the appointment because Taylor had formerly served as a vice president for Monsanto. Neither party is going to do anything other than continue to rubber stamp more and more of their modified products.

www.organicconsumers.org...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hooray for bees. Down with Monsanto! Yeah Poland!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join