It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil servants to 'work' from home for 7 weeks during Olympics. WHY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So while your average Londoner is faced with a 7 week battle to get to and from work, Civil servants are allowed to stay home and avoid the pain.

I wonder if there could be any other reasons for this? After all, the article makes the point that our civil servants should be working over time at the moment because of the state of our economy.

Business groups last night criticised the plan that has led to fears of a massive reduction in government work as the country tries to pull itself out of recession.

Perhaps if anything is being planned for the Olympics (A False Flag for instance) this is why they are keeping them out of the way? Better to have no civil servants in harms way during the Olympics, than to have no civil servants at all?

ATS thread on a possible False Flag event

Or maybe its a completely innocent move on the government departments part? To just try and keep as much of the unnecessary traffic off the tubes, buses and roads?

On the other hand here in the UK we have a lot of unrest and strikes brewing in the public sector, so I sense possible conspiracy in the fact that this move will whip up antipathy in the rest of the country. The Olympics after all is the perfect way to cause absolute chaos for every working person in London, only to protect some Civil Servants from the madness.

Then there is the worry that while the civil servant are at home their work will become back logged :

There are also concerns that many civil servants working from home will also have annual leave booked before or after the Games so work could be backlogged for up to three months.

Read the article in full here :
The Article

I'm not personally sold on the whole False Flag thing. I'm not even sure that just because the 2012 Olympic site is full of Illuminati references that it necessarily means a 'hidden hand' is swaying influence over what happens at the Olympics. It could just be that the designers jumped on the same band wagon that most of popular culture is obsessed with right now... I will however agree that it does seem a bit fishy and that the explanation I just gave seems less plausible than a vast "monied"' influence at said Olympics. 73 days til we find out.

Rice and Peace
edit on 15-5-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
To free up roads and transport.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

Yea and in all fairness if the 'hidden hands' best effort is to cause a bit of civil unrest, then they aren't really doing much... are they?

Oh wait, civil unrest at its worse is rioting, and what might we get if there are riots?
Martial Law.

And how many troops are we sending to the Olympics? 17k (that's more than we sent to Afghanistan).

I'm not saying that i'm not agnostic, but it all seems worth keeping an eye on? Wouldn't you say?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Not sure i agree with the reasons given for keeping Civil Servants home during the olympics.

According to statistics, the numbers don't fit the excuses.

The rationale is to ease travel congestion..ok, here are the numbers involved:

Total Civil Servants working in London (including part time workers) approx 78,000.

Total daily tube train 'rides' in London is approx 3 Million

Total daily Bus trips is almost double the tube's at approx 5.8 Million.

This is not including private car journeys.

During the Olympics, these figures are expected to DOUBLE.

Now, i could be wrong, but how is 78,000 people going to make ANY difference to travel congestion, when we're talking about 12 Million trips on public London transport?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas

Or maybe its a completely innocent move on the government departments part? To just try and keep as much of the unnecessary traffic off the tubes, buses and roads?

Rice and Peace
edit on 15-5-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

This is one of those rare moments when it is bleeding obvious that's all it is. But that won't stop the conspiracies from forming. You forgot another reason. With all the will in the world people at work will be jumping on to their computers watching for results and getting nothing done. If people are at home they will have clearly defined targets and actions to perform and if it takes 16 hours to do at home due to "olympic distractions" then so bit.

Which is more important:
A. Working for 8hrs no matter what.
B. Getting the days tasks done no matter how long.

This is a sensible move but I'm sure that anti public sector folks will come up with some warped attack.

NB When I worked for Motorola (scotland) they showed the world cup (soccer) matches in the auditorium with NO conditions attached. Ironically enough people did their job AND watched the soccer and nobody had to take sick days or holidays. A similar smart move by an informed management.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Yea I don't doubt that your'e right.

I brought the article to ATS because I had seen a lot of people talking False Flags, I thought this might seem like valuable information (in as much as its a true bit of news, and not a projected blue mean fantasy) to anybody looking for true information on the Olympic situation and its effects on London.

Of course its much more likely to be an innocent move on their part to help with congestion (however small that help may be) and like you say, so that they might enjoy the Olympics and get their work done at home (good point well made) .

. You never know though, the Illuminati might have a nasty treat in store?
72 days til we can all watch on in wonder.

new topics

top topics

join