It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Innovative. Stuck in making War. US WILL FALL Astrophysicist Neil Degrasse' WAKE UP Call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Neil deGrasse outlines why America will fall from the top of the foodchain unless action is taken. He describes one way to avoid such a downfall by utilizing NASA to invigorate our economy as a whole-from the roots of our "system" upward, instead of simply delaying and worsening our inevitable future. Many believe these thoughts should be taken to the White House and addressed by The President himself. Of course, mixing politics with smart people has always always been a big no no for left,right, and all other political agendas..

if i understand him correctly, he exemplified how America stopped being innovative and exploration (ie, to boldly go where haven't been) and would conclude America has cut exploration, innovation and become a laid back, failing imperial regime/venture.

makes sense, as constantly making & feuling war with your own fellow Earthlings at home, is hardly innovative!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well of course we've cut back and become "a laid back, failing imperial regime/venture", as you so put it. It's obvious, just look at the population of the US... America has become the new Rome...

History repeats itself remember?

Now the question is who are going to be the 'Huns' to our 'Rome'?

edit on 5/15/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Neil for Pres !!!!

edit-Sorry, that was just a gut reaction, i hear him, I have always loved his love for science......At the same time, i hear those politicians in a very patronizing way down play everything he is saying......he is laying the argument out for them to increase funding, and they still just can't get it or refuse...whichever, but idiots or stubborn, no excuse. Neil, you are the man, and I would rather have your autograph before any and all politicians.
edit on 15-5-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
Well of course we've cut back and become "a laid back, failing imperial regime/venture", as you so put it. It's obvious, just look at the population of the US... America has become the new Rome...

History repeats itself remember?

Now the question is who are going to be the 'Huns' to our 'Rome'?

edit on 5/15/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

I have an idea of who the "Huns" will be. I'm not scared yet.
History does repeat it'self, that's why I don't listen to people who say 'the past is the past forget about it', the mind is like a computer, you'd have to erase my memory to get rid of the evidence that proves to me that I exist.

There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
Ron Paul

Whether or not Ron is elected, I will cherish this quote from him because I know it to be true.

Psalm 127:1 A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. A psalm of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the LORD protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.

Matthew 9:37 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
Matthew 9:38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Whether or not you are "religious" or "spiritual" or "skeptical", people will continue to warn others, and people will continue to turn blind ears. And no matter where you live, remember this:

“Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it. ” ― Fireproof

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wonderful speech as would be expected of him. His proposals I whole-heartedly agree with, but the idea that solely funding NASA, which I'd LOVE, would pull us out of our "lull" is mistaken with reality. We must first and foremost before any recovery of the soul and economy of our country may take place, end the Fed and the printing of money with interest that is loaned to us. We must end the Fed so we may print our own money for us and not have to pay interest to anyone. That money better be handed out to state banks like ND's or to the people in the form of loans and to people's businesses, not huge corporations they can go to their buddies, instead of handed over to the big banks so they can reap outrageous profits. Fractional reserve lending is another "device" that must be outlawed and the banking sector must be manhandled and re-purposed to only function for the betterment of society and continue the growth of the economy through the moving of money and lending to the proper people and businesses. Until we do some sort of program I talked about, throwing all the money in the world to NASA won't change the failing economy and pathetic spirit of America. I'm no economist ok, so I could be totally wrong, but I really believe the banking sector should be only for the betterment of society and a not for profit democratic entity and that the Fed and fractional reserve lending should be banished to the history books with the Treasury taking back it's duty of printing our own debt-free money and doing the functions of the fed and I also think state banks should be created as non-for-profit entities to accept newly printed treasury money and disperse it through loans to individuals and families as well as their businesses. After that, we re-fund NASA. I love science, space, and all that good stuff more than anything in the world, except bikes, but I just don't see a way for us to become that great scientific explorer society he just spoke about without fixing the real problems with the economy and the reason for our defeated spirit.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Space Industry is our last chance to develop correctly.

No alternative.

We are at the exact point in history of "Columbus" in the 1492.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The economy got this way because of welfare and public consumption. NASA is both.

Innovation lies in privately funded space exploration, and to do that, NASA funds will have to be re-directed back to the taxpayers.

new topics

top topics

join