It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CTV News, Canada Going Cashless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, apparently the big push is on and the credit card companies now want to link up with the cell phone service providers to make it so all your cash runs out of your cell phone. So no more cash, a test of going into a totally cashless society. It disgusts me because we all know that any code can be broken. So now when you get robbed all they need is your cellphone or your cellphone cloned, if it gets that far.

Link Here

Just a quick note on the video; It is a story about how the credit card companies, banks and cell phone service providers are teaming up to provide Canada with a cashless electronic currency that is run out of your cell phone. Don't leave home without out it, so they can track you as well, and FFS, make sure you have extra batteries!

I don't know WTF is wrong with people that would actively welcome this kind of crap. Next it'll be a retinal scan, so they'll just take out your eyes and steal your phone or chop of your fingers for the fingerprint scan. If it were an embedded chip, just take the body part that it's in. The credit card companies, the banks and the politicians are out of control.

ETA: This video/program was on the news tonight, May 14, 2012.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/14.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
so, I'd be screwed ,cause i neither have nor want a cell. heck, i don't wanna talk on landline.
i always hear voices on the tele

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oh I can see it now...The cell provider will charge a buck and a half for each transaction and the bank will round it out to an even three bucks

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Well, apparently the big push is on and the credit card companies now want to link up with the cell phone service providers to make it so all your cash runs out of your cell phone. So no more cash, a test of going into a totally cashless society

I can't see that working for a few years still. Unless they make some major improvements really soon. Too many places that still don't have proper cell phone coverage. Especially northern communities

Also, they would have to change all coin operated stuff, that would be expensive. Car washes, laundrymats, vending machines....

About a month ago, the cell service, and all long distance went down here in town, and surrounding towns, and the whole town shut down other than for people with cash. The bank had to close, every interac machine was down. For the whole day.

All because someone dug through a fiber cable

Besides, they just started to produce our other plastic money
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

The polymer $50 bill, released several months after a similar $100 bill, has become the first plastic note available through bank machines.

I've never seen an ATM with anything other than $20s
Is Saskatchewan just slow, or is this a new thing?
$50s in bank machines?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I get fifty's all the time from my banks machine, but now I think about it, I don't recall it before the polymer puppies arrived

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Well, apparently the big push is on and the credit card companies now want to link up with the cell phone service providers to make it so all your cash runs out of your cell phone. So no more cash, a test of going into a totally cashless society

I can't see that working for a few years still. Unless they make some major improvements really soon. Too many places that still don't have proper cell phone coverage. Especially northern communities

Also, they would have to change all coin operated stuff, that would be expensive. Car washes, laundrymats, vending machines....

About a month ago, the cell service, and all long distance went down here in town, and surrounding towns, and the whole town shut down other than for people with cash. The bank had to close, every interac machine was down. For the whole day.

All because someone dug through a fiber cable

Besides, they just started to produce our other plastic money
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

The polymer $50 bill, released several months after a similar $100 bill, has become the first plastic note available through bank machines.

I've never seen an ATM with anything other than $20s
Is Saskatchewan just slow, or is this a new thing?
$50s in bank machines?

I can see where you are going with this, but what they will do is charge us the extra in ISP/provider costs, so the rates will go up. You'll see additional transaction fee costs at the bank. All to pay for increases in technology we don't need but this is being setup to stop the "underground" cash society so the government can tax every damn thing to death.

And yes, there are 50 dollar polymer bills in the ATMs in Ontario anyway. Nasty things, very thin and slippery. Oh, and if you get one DO NOT LEAVE IT IN YOUR CLOTHES AND DRY IT, IT WILL CRUMPLE AND MELT. And the bank probably won't give you a new one unless you have the serial numbers. Happened to a friend of mine and he's out 50 bucks.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisSilentGuy

What would someone have said about you sixty years ago if they saw you talking into a cell phone. Would they think you were nuts? If you told them you were paying a hundred dollars a month sixty years ago for a phone, they would know for sure you were nuts. I guess "Nutting" has changed in sixty years

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Don't have a cell phone, and won't put that radiation near me. And I really doubt it. Canadians are not really the ones best to experiment with, they're conservative (not always poltically) but with their values, and not likely to move into new things quickly, at all.

On the other side, I don't ever really carry cash, so aside from cell phones, most people use debit anyway. They won't be adding any interest willingly to transactions however.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

While I'm hardly sixty, ( yet ), people around do think I'm am a little nutty for refusing to get on a phone. I make my wife answer and take messages.
I just go and see them in person to talk to them, and if they're to far away , tuff patooties.
Just my way.and I welcome the nutcase remarks, "cause that's just me

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
they already have the tech so it wont be to long before some corporation owns the money system.
one step at a time and they make it so flashy and sound so convient you just have to have the new best thing.
if we dont wake up as a whole and realize we have been begging for the tools that will inslave us, we are screwed!!

new topics

top topics

join