It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memory Alterations. Happening in the NOW.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A complete memory, WRONG!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last night, I got home just to find that any entire set of memories from THAT day were WRONG!

OK, to explain, here is the full story.

Yesterday, I went to my parents house for a fantastic Mother's Day. We ate, did some swinging in the sunshine. (On a swing, from an oak tree) Completely wholesome, soul uplifting sort of day.

Before I left my parent's house, (my other siblings and family had left) my mom asked me to look at something with her. She had bought me a bottle of perfume, which we will call BH. ( It stands for Beyonce Heat, if you are just that curious.) We had tried out perfumes a few months before and I had liked this one. I had told her a few days ago when she had called and asked that my husband wasn't a big fan of the scent. But she had already bought it on a 2 for 1 special with her perfume (Beautiful).

Well she pulled it out and handed it to me and showed me hers. I held onto the BH the entire time and I walked back to the living room looking at the label. I sat it next to my keys and the slice of cake I was taking home with me. A few moments later, I picked all of it up, and walked out the front door. I said goodbye and gave kisses and hubby and I walked to the car. I put the perfume on the back seat, looking at the label, thinking about hubby's dislike of the scent, and putting the cake on the floorboard, wrapped in a blanket (because it was some awesome cake and I didn't want it to fall over on the way home.
)

Now that is TWO distinct memories of reading the label and noticing the colors of the box.

When I got home, hubby was the one to bring the perfume upstairs. After I took off my earrings, I went back to where he dropped the perfume off (the bar in the kitchen) to put it up, and to my EXTREME surprise, it was my mom's Beautiful, NOT BH.

That was TWO distinct and clear, RECENT memories, that were completely WRONG. WTH!!!!

I realize memories are not perfect and even our perceptions are distorted, but this is beyond my norm. TOTALLY!

Not two days ago even my mother in law ( can you ask for a more un-biased source) was saying my mind was a steel trap.

Add to this, my mom only remembers me carrying the BH.

So, while I am sure, plenty of people have opinions about this, I want to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I know I'm crazy, but am I really THAT crazy?

edit on 14-5-2012 by amarenell because: Started the thread with NO post. Dope!

edit on 14-5-2012 by amarenell because: spelling.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't doubt it, I've been having a lot of strange occurrences such as that happening lately.

Two days ago I went out, mowed the lawn and remember picking up the weed whacker so I could do the edging on our lawn & garden areas, went and did them, and then I come back out later and it wasn't done.

It blew my mind, I specifically remember it because I had to put the weed whacker down at one point to change the song I was listening to. Even got into a huge argument over whether or not it was done with my father, he said it wasn't, I said it was, we go outside and it wasn't done...

There are a few other instances like that I remember happening in the past year or so too, I just thought I was going crazy...
edit on 5/14/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Hi Arrows.

It is nice to know I am not the only one.

My mom just laughed and said she felt better, that it's not just the old getting Alzheimer's. But it's not. I have distinct clear, detailed memories. that are WRONG.

It was even the shape of the box that I remembered and was wrong.

Like I said, it is comforting to know I am not alone.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Shifting timelines?

Sure beats me, I've had dozens of paranormal experiences but nothing like this.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
Memory Alterations. Happening in the NOW.

Cant trust memories at all.
Its long been known that on occasion, your brain will have you think things that you expect, rather than what is real.

But the fastest memory alteration I know of is during the Cutaneous rabbit illusion, where your brain will wipe out a memory and replace it with an altered (expected) version within FRACTIONS of a seond!!

If that helps.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Hey alfa! Thanks for the link! I know our brains are a bit mis-wired. Other than this time,
I have been able to analyze rationally the "oddities" that my brain has misinterpreted.
I know logically, it has to be a poor memory recall.

It is just bizarre to have such a clear Distinct memory be wrong.

Oh well. It was really neat to read about the cutaneous rabbit study. Just another nail in the coffin of our certaity about the reality surrounding us, huh?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Are you certain these aren't possibly memories from dreams that you do not recall? All of my most powerful memories are of a time that never physically existed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Starred & flagged

A glitch in the matrix? I have been noticing an increase in these anomalous occurrence threads within the past few months. I've had a few unusual things happen to me. Nothing worth mentioning, though, as they aren't anywhere near as strange as some of the stories I've read on ATS. Here are two threads that may be of interest to you if you haven't already read them. The OP's stories are very similar to yours.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by amarenell
it's not just the old getting Alzheimer's.

My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's and chronic deja vu. She would always say "I've forgotten this before!"

edit on 15-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join