600-pound couple accused of starving daughter speak out, solicit money!!!

page: 1

join

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hi.

This story is from March 1st, 2012. I searched but found zilch....sorry if it has been posted. I'm surprised I couldn't find it.

This is an update of the original story.

Melinda Drabek-Chritton and Chad Chritton, the 600-pound Wisconsin couple accused of starving their 15-year-old daughter down to 70 pounds and forcing her to eat human waste, have set up a website soliciting donations for their legal defense.

To explain the daughter's weight at the time of their arrest, the couple's website includes an unsigned testimonial from a man named "Mike," who claims that the daughter often refused food.

Following interviews with the girl, prosecutors alleged in a criminal complaint that the family locked SLC in the basement, where she was starved. SLC told police she was deprived of a bathroom and used "boxes or containers" to relieve herself. When things got messy, the girl reported to investigators, "they will make me eat it. Or drink it or rub it on my face."

Pretty sick they should be forced to live in the same conditions!

Source: blogs.citypages.com...

Here's the original story...blogs.citypages.com...

Here's a news video posted on youtube on Feb.16th, 2012.

edit on 14-5-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's obvious that they were jealous of her. There's no way, neither one them would ever look that good. So they took their resentment out on the first thing that was close to them. Truly sad. I hope the child is placed in a better home after the care that she received.

On the flip side.... The child could be making it up as well. Heck, I had to deal with a child claiming child abuse on me and she had the master bedroom. Don't know many abusers who let her do what she wants, have a master bedroom and get to eat out on a daily basis. Heck, instead of the master bedroom, I would gladly given up the closet.

Could all be BS too.

Who knows.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Very serious allegations, but how do a 600 pound couple find the energy to imprison their own daughter?Let alone clean all the evidence of this being done?I'm not sure she is lying but I would like to know more information before its clear that the parents are at fault. In my own opinion neither can be trusted at this point, I believe there would be some wrongdoing but both have exaggerated their stories.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

chadandmelindachrittonlegalfund.com...

Government intrusion?

edit on 14-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Heck, I'm 86 pounds. Clearly I was abused as a child. They even put me on ensure to try to make me gain weight. I thought that was for old timers.
I can eat all I want at an All you can buffet and never gain a pound.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Maybe she refused to eat because she was witnessing the slow suicide of her parents being a 600 lb couple. Shame can take people to great lengths.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well if she was starved her should show signs of malnutrition. A doctor should be able to determine that rather quickly. But then she could have been anorexic and if she was anorexic she should have been taken to a doctor. IDK

It's hard to make any sort of real opinion on it without more details.

edit on 14-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Do you feel fine? Like can you exercise/run away from something without collapsing into a heart attack?

Just because that doesn't sound healthy-- again if you're able to be fit and exercise + live a normal life... I'd rather be proven wrong and see someone who can function normally at < 90 pounds

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I get told by doctors that I'm anorexic and malnutrition, when I eat just about anything. It might be that her metabolism is high and is burning the calories faster then she makes them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

Yes, I get exercise just about everyday and I used to work 12 hours shifts non stop.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I will play Devils advocate for this couple.

Please don't shoot me for it.

By no means do I believe these people in ANYWAY.

Maybe the daughter was so disgusted and ashamed by their weight,that she DID refuse to eat her food ?

Thats all I could think of,as a counterpoint.

My Opinion of it all?

This couple should never have children around them again.ANY children.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is a missing aspect to the story which I have heard reported on - there was a step brother, perhaps already convicted, that was raping this girl. Please don't give these people money.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.kare11.com...

Some background on this...

Bail has been set at $20,000 apiece for a Madison man and wife who are accused of torturing and starving the man's 15-year-old daughter over a period of years. The Wisconsin State Journal reports the 15-year-old was only 70 pounds and told police she was forced to live in the basement since about 2006.

Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain says a passerby notified police after seeing the girl wearing only pajamas and walking barefoot near her home Feb. 6.

A doctor specializing in child abuse who examined the girl Friday said she suffered from "serial torture with prolonged exposure to definite starvation," DeSpain said.

Guilty! Case closed...........NEXT!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Even if she did willingly starve herself, she is a minor and it would be neglect not to take her to the hospital/doctor.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

Even if she did willingly starve herself, she is a minor and it would be neglect not to take her to the hospital/doctor.

Star for ya!

I agree wholeheartedly.

top topics

join