It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Beer Drinking Contest Begins!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

To get anything decent around here, you have to pay either $5 a pitcher, or spend 2.42 on a Cobra. Which is approximately 2.5 tall boys for the price of one.

eww cobra lol.

Here it's $1.74 for a 40.

But it is a malt beverage, not a beer.

AND are Tall boys not 24's or are you calling the 16 ounce cans tall boys, as they are about as tall as the 24's
edit on 5/15/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Seems a few survived.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere,eh Dustytoad?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yayeeya

Originally posted by kdog1982

I'm in!
I will be out later in the day to start my festivities! Will take a picture of the damage done, if I remember. As they say here in Vietnam... 'Mot, hai, ba, yooooh!' (1, 2, 3, in!) Another popular one as well is 'tram phan tram' (100% or bottoms up). Good thing here is, I can go out and drink almost for the same price as drinking at home, 55 cents for a bottled beer isn't a bad deal in my book...

BOOO!

edit on 14-5-2012 by yayeeya because: (no reason given)

I say good luck to ya,and be safe man.

Well, I called my drinking off tonight since you cancelled the contest.
Got plans for tomorrow night for sure though! Here I mostly drink Zorok beer, (SAB/Miller, made here in VN) my good friend works for them. I'm doing a fine job helping him keep his sales position. But lately I have been drinking Larue beer because that have a contest giving away motorbikes, tvs, and FREE BEER!!! I'm hording all my free beer caps till the contest is over so I can have a free night of drinking!
Five or six freebies so far with more than a month to go!
Well, I have cashed a few caps in already...
edit on 15-5-2012 by yayeeya because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by yayeeya because: I learnted how to spell! I think...

That is always a good incentive to drink beer,more free beer!
How many caps you need for the motorbike?
Maybe if I find that beer here locally,I will send you my caps.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We could always try this out.

Jeez,I am flashing back to the ol' college days.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Seems a few survived.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere,eh Dustytoad?

It's always after 5 at my house. 5 happened yesterday, remember??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Oh,I hear ya,after 5 happened about 1982 for me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Where did the beer drinkers go?
Or is it to early.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

That is always a good incentive to drink beer,more free beer!
How many caps you need for the motorbike?
Maybe if I find that beer here locally,I will send you my caps.

I wished just saving caps was the case, I would have a motorbike and a tv before it was all over with. After you pop the top you peel back the seal inside the cap to reveal your prize or 'chuc may man sinh nhat' better luck next time or something like that.

I'm still here! I'm about to go drinking in a few hours! T-minus 2 hours 15 minutes!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by yayeeya

I thoroughly despise your country for its exceptionally reasonable prices concerning alcohol...

To get anything decent around here, you have to pay either $5 a pitcher, or spend 2.42 on a Cobra. Which is approximately 2.5 tall boys for the price of one.

It has it's good and bad points. Good points, cheap beer, liquor isn't expensive if it's Vietnamese. Bad points, hardly no selection of name brand beer or liquor. My wife's family makes rice wine (really strong stuff, more like PGA, lol) in the jungle. They sell a 20 liter jug of it for 350k VND, about $17.50 USD, good stuff though once you get used to it.

Most popular beers are Hieny (18.5k), Saigon (12.5k), Tiger (15.5k) and 333 (11.5k) 20k = $1USD. They have tried Bud, Miller and Coors Light, but they never caught on and were over priced 22k. Can get a big Tiger 640ml in the tourist areas for 25k in some places. Some little restaurants make their own beer 'bia hoi' I think it's called and it sells for 5-8k per glass. I know too much about beer here... Ah, Coronas usually run $3-5USD, blah!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I guess everyone is passed out, still drunk, hung over??? Well, I drank my share last night, two times. No hang over, it's a secret... I know this will make people cringe, but drink beer with ice. It serves many useful purposes, 1. It keeps your beer nice and cold, 2. It keeps you hydrated! 3. It's better than drinking a glass of water after every few beers...

I took a before picture, I forgot to take the after, that doesn't do much good. I did get another free beer cap though!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I guess everyone is passed out, still drunk, hung over??? Well, I drank my share last night, two times. No hang over, it's a secret... I know this will make people cringe, but drink beer with ice. It serves many useful purposes, 1. It keeps your beer nice and cold, 2. It keeps you hydrated! 3. It's better than drinking a glass of water after every few beers...

I took a before picture, I forgot to take the after, that doesn't do much good. I did get another free beer cap though!

Still here,yes the others apparently didn't survive.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What a crazy ass day I had.

First beer going down the hatch.

Now,lets respect beer for what it is.

Welcome to BeerAdvocate (BA). Respect Beer.
beeradvocate.com...

It's an art,it's passion.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ok:

I LOVE beer. Canadian beer is OK but I prefer European. Specifically Dutch beer. Damn they make good beer.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
1607 First shipment of beer arrives in the Virginia colony from England.

Bet that was the party!
Because before then, they made they're own with corn.

1587 Virginia colonists brew ale using corn.

Then they get they're priorities straight.

1609 American "Help Wanted" advertisements appear in London seeking brewers for the Virginia Colony.

beeradvocate.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Have I won the contest yet?
Had a great time last night, I won 2 more free beers! After drinking at my favorite watering hole I was invited to one of the girls that works there birthday party. More beer! I have to go back to see her again tonight to give her her birthday present, poor me! It is Friday, so you know, the weekend is only beginning! I think I'm still a little drunk after last night...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I win by default being an English beer monster..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm on day 4 of the beer drinking contest... day 2 lead to an unexpected birthday party at 10:30pm. If you have never been to a Vietnamese birthday party, you need to try it at least once. Day 3 was just as good, as after dinner and drinks we headed to a bia om (look it up!) and had a great time! Today will take us to another birthday party at 5pm, but I am seriously considering going out at noon to get a head start on the festivities! No pics of the beer consumed (it was Gambrinus last night) but have some of the cute waitress... Shall I post them?
Anh có hiểu không?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I win by default being an English beer monster..

No,you are not!
I shall burst your balloon in saying that I am of Irish descent and have over 35 years experience.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'm on day 4 of the beer drinking contest... day 2 lead to an unexpected birthday party at 10:30pm. If you have never been to a Vietnamese birthday party, you need to try it at least once. Day 3 was just as good, as after dinner and drinks we headed to a bia om (look it up!) and had a great time! Today will take us to another birthday party at 5pm, but I am seriously considering going out at noon to get a head start on the festivities! No pics of the beer consumed (it was Gambrinus last night) but have some of the cute waitress... Shall I post them?
Anh có hiểu không?

Pics are always a plus.
Bring it on,man!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I don't know how to post pics on here or I would post up a few. Any pointers on how to do it? I'm to drunk to search for the answer... I'm thirsty!

Chuc may man sinh nhat, lol sinh nhat is birthday, I must have been drunk when I posted that. Chuc may man lan sao, it what it should be.
Good luck on your next birthday.. that doesn't sound like something nice to say!

edit on 29-5-2012 by yayeeya because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join