It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret rogue planet may be hiding behind Neptune

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

While you are correct that it does not come into orbit of the known planets,we honestly do not know if it could or not. I am playing devils advocate here,mind you.

Only keeping an open mind to any and all possibilities.

The article stated it was out of telescope range.Are you saying that pan-starrs could or could not observe it? Theoretically speaking.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

I think there is really nothing being said when ever someone says, " There is an event coming " There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't know this. There is always an event coming. When where and what, are the details no one can pin down. With the exception of Jakias Fog of course.

Jakias Fog, even his name is a striking novelty.
edit on 15-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

The author of the paper has it staying out well beyond the orbit of Neptune at its closest approach.

The article stated it was out of telescope range.Are you saying that pan-starrs could or could not observe it? Theoretically speaking.

The article does not say that it is out of telescope range. The object is within 1500AU according to the article.

Here is what the article states.

Too far out to be easily spotted by telescopes

PAN-STARRS can detect a Jupiter sized object out 2100AU. This is believed to be smaller, but also closer. The interesting thing about PAN-STARRS is that it is a whole sky survey. Since that was mentioned by the astronomers I suspect that it is marginal or beyond the capabilities of the PAN-STARRS or other whole sky survey projects.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Apologize,I read the article earlier before I posted last,info was a little fuzzy.
I knew it said something along the lines of being hard to detect/out of range etc.

Interesting,Thanks for the response and clarification.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

That's alright. I read through the article again and can't wait to see if more ideas come out of this line of research.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The movie Fifth Element has always been a favorite of mine. The film relates to this thread because they both involve a rogue planet that has a potential to threaten earth. The person who uploaded the video clip believes the planet in the movie to be roving dark star.

The following scene from the movie takes place 300 years in the future.

Watch the whole movie sometime and see what becomes of the dark star when it encounters the power of the Fifth Element.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Nothing in the article has any effect on any of the Nibiru debunking. The object is not a star. The object is at the limit or just below the sensitivity of Project-PAN STARRS. The object has an effect on far out Kuiper belt objects. The effect is a change in their orbits. This hypothetical object never enters the orbits of the known planets.

Talking sense with a cool, calm head.

I like that.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Given bible and mainstream talking heads should we assume the planet would be bad for Earth? we know how good can be coded as evil so we attack it..think the worst. Aliens have been stereotyped as 99% bad which I dont agree with until one tries to disintegrate me.

Im sure everyone here noticed how they put doubt into the whole story with a ? or as msn put it May be hiding.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Please post your thoughts in this earlier thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join