It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret rogue planet may be hiding behind Neptune

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
msn

national geographic

Does Earth have a new friend? An astrophysicist says it's likely that an as-yet undiscovered planet exists on the dark fringes of our solar system, messing with the orbits of celestial bodies in the Kuiper Belt, just beyond Neptune. Rodney Gomes says the new planet could be anywhere from half to four times the size of Earth and is likely a rogue planet that floated over from another solar system

i know.. i know... not another one of these... but i had to post it... the nibiru horse has been beaten nearly to death on here....but maybe just maybe........................ haha... just saYYing....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
you thought something, and you said something about it!

GOOD FOR YOU.

you did good.

*hug*

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

thanks at least it's a new article too... haha... it say there's no definitive evidence but everybody that knows the astronomer believes his calculations are right... and now they can start looking for it

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

I was about to pull my hair out until the article added:

So while, yes, the evidence doesn't exist yet, I thought the bigger point was that he showed us that there are ways to find that evidence."

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

haha i know... but the calculations r just the first step... and now they can follow up and start looking for it

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Hey, its great to have an open mind today... Until something is truly proven wrong or false, there will always be a little chance out there that it can be true... Our galaxy alone is so vast, and all these experts here on ATS dont know anything more than the common space enthusiasts... Remember what ATS is all about, denying ignorance... So when all the naysayers show up, just ignore them...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Hey, its great to have an open mind today... Until something is truly proven wrong or false, there will always be a little chance out there that it can be true... Our galaxy alone is so vast, and all these experts here on ATS dont know anything more than the common space enthusiasts... Remember what ATS is all about, denying ignorance... So when all the naysayers show up, just ignore them...

lol i just laugh when someone joins a thread with "U ***LALALING LIER NO PROOF U SMELL TROOLOL"

they are just mad you are having so much fun thinking about a theory or having a cool conversation.

they are the same trolls from youtube lol.

i say when anybody sees these annoying trolls, everyone in the thread should look straight at their comment and ignore them, and continue talking with each other, and ignore the troll.
edit on 14-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Me too, someone goes through all the effort of putting a thread together and some people will do everything in their power to destroy it immidiately... The way I feel is that if you dont like then stay away...haha

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Me too, someone goes through all the effort of putting a thread together and some people will do everything in their power to destroy it immidiately... The way I feel is that if you dont like then stay away...haha

With all due respect to the OP, it was not a particularly well put together thread....

Also, it is not trolling to discredit this theory as, if you actually read the article you come across sections such as;

Based on his calculations, Gomes thinks a Neptune-size world, about four times bigger than Earth, orbiting 140 billion miles (225 billion kilometers) away from the sun—about 1,500 times farther than Earth—would do the trick.

This would easily discredit a claim to a planet hiding behind 'Neptune' unless of course you mean 'behind' as in 225 billion kilometers from the suns core 'behind' it....then multiplied by 1,500....that is a LONG way away to be considered behind Neptune and, as the article also states:

To begin with, the planet might be pretty dim. Also, Gomes's simulations don't give astronomers any clue as to where to point their telescopes—"it can be anywhere," he said.

Do you people even read the articles or just start defending it because there may be some tiny chance that it will contribute some insignificant amount of credibility to the ever increasingly ridiculous Nibiru bollocks?

People need to stop relying on YouTube videos for "the truth" and as a bare minimum atleast read articles posted instead of crying about people 'trolling'.

Shaking my head....
edit on 15/5/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I kinda meant in general, not just this thread specifically, ive seen people's threads get knocked down all too often...But with this story, when it comes to pretty much anything space related, I tend to take the optimistic side on stories, until something is 100% proven wrong Ill always hold out a little hope that it may be true....Remember not too long ago people believed the Earth was flat and u would fall off if you got to close to the edge....
edit on 15-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

There's nothing wrong with hope and optimism whatsoever- it is a beautiful thing!

The problem is that too many people let their optimism eclipse the bare, plain facts easily available to anyone who seeks them.

Nibiru is but one of countless potentials in the infinite universe yet, people become tunnel visioned and would near swear to their dying breath it's existence- why?

Why not stay open to any and all possibilities as opposed to dogmatically pushing the idea of Nibiru?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just connecting some dots...

Links -

Secret Rogue Planet Behind Neptune
now.msn.com...

Melancholia Official Trailer
www.youtube.com...

Another Earth Official Trailer
www.youtube.com...

Revolution Official Trailer
www.youtube.com...

Other Strange Stuff Going On -

Ina Drew JP Morgan CIO To Retire
www.globalpost.com...

California FBI Agent Gone Missing
www.youtube.com...

ALERT - Possible Evacuation Of Chicago
www.youtube.com...

New Mayan Calendar Discovered
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the post S&F.

I do not know if this will turn out to be substantiated by other astronomers but I can guarantee if it has a chance of seriously effecting Earth we will probably not hear anything more about it in the msm.

I find the last section of interest -

"It seems surprising to me that a [solar] companion as small as Neptune could have the effect he sees," Levison said.

But "I know Rodney, and I'm sure he did the calculations right."

Could Rodney be right,that there is a 'rogue planet' and his calculations are off? could the satellite actually be much larger? Or could a smaller object effect the Kuiper belt objects just the same? that is an intriguing thought in it's self.

He may be wrong or off in his calculations.nothing may ever come of this and it is forgotten,never to be spoken of again. Or this could be one of the first findings and admittances via the MSM that we are made aware of.

It certainly makes you wonder.

Let us hope that a "Nibiru" like planet/star truly does not exist and is heading our way along it's orbit,we have enough problems already here on Earth

Either way,I enjoyed the article & appreciate the effort OP -thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

how can u just discredit this theory?... i know they said there is no definitive evidence but somebody smarter than both u and me did his own calculations and that was his conclusion, where are your calculations?... his peers seem to give him credit on his ability to crunch numbers... and something is fishy about the outer planets' orbits... so why not this set of equations?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

i know i hate how msm just touches on a subject and never follows up... like they only cover it to "seem" like they're doing their jobs, but i hope they follow up either he is dead wrong or they found something... at least it was in nat geo haha

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

FYI - Duplicate OP -

There is already a thread on this very topic/story running currently with 90+ responses.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

hey thanks for those trailers i'm going to have to watch them... the possibility of revolution gave me chills.... haha i am looking forward to the coming change... but not knowing what this change will be is the scary part.... how do u prepare for so many possiblities and what if the change isn't anything we even see coming? then all the prep and worry was all for nothing... o well i haven't prepared for anything but when it happens i'll make do

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

thanks the search button did me no good... thanks for setting me up for failure ats.. haha but if i hadn't posted it maybe the 3 or 4 people on here might have missed it

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11
reply to post by PerfectPerception

i know i hate how msm just touches on a subject and never follows up... like they only cover it to "seem" like they're doing their jobs, but i hope they follow up either he is dead wrong or they found something... at least it was in nat geo haha

Agreed.

I get thoughts with my imagination running rampant like -

" it was 3 years ago when Rodney first blew the lid off on the mysterious satellite which was originally believed to be behind Neptune and now presently has been effecting the planets in our solar system,including Earth for the last __ months/years.

We now know on good authority that the Vatican and certain governments of the world have known about this object for quite some time. For fear of mass panic, they decided to not alarm humanity to the potential catastrophic ramifications if this careening object were to come too close to the Earth,disrupting our magnetosphere and gravity,possibly resulting in a pole shift,obliterating life as we know it. "

Now,that would be a scary news broadcast.

I also posted that this very well could be a 'nirbiru' like object, I am no debunker, I am an open-minded albeit skeptical individual, who also tends to believe anything is possible.

Especially with the limitations of what we know exists and what is theoretically possible.

We barely know whats in our oceans and rain forests,your going to tell me we have mastered and perfected our knowledge concerning the cosmos!?

Blind disbelief is no better than blind belief ,if you follow my meaning?

Thank you for the post. I was not aware o the articles/finding. I have posted a duplicate thread before more than once. it happens.

edit on 15-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nothing in the article has any effect on any of the Nibiru debunking. The object is not a star. The object is at the limit or just below the sensitivity of Project-PAN STARRS. The object has an effect on far out Kuiper belt objects. The effect is a change in their orbits. This hypothetical object never enters the orbits of the known planets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join