It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Ancient Alien Theory difficult to accept?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by ButterCookie

It is your opinion that GOD is interchangeable with alien , to ancient cultures , and that opinion is shared with other Ancient aliens . But not all ancient cultures say that their gods came from the sky

There are the ancient cultures that say their gods came from the sea . So no , the word GOD isnt the word the ancients used for Aliens.

But think about it...

according to ancient civilizations, it was 'gods' who visited Earth from the heavens (space) ,"Gods" seem to have possessed supernatural abilities (advanced technology), and "gods" traversed the heavens and the skies in 'celestrial chariots'.

This is not solely MY interpretation of the word 'god' being interchangeble with the word 'alien'...

it just technically is anyway.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

Originally posted by MamaJ

To say there is no proof of aliens is simply a way to say I do not believe in the proof.

To say there is no proof of God is simply a way to say I do not believe in the proof.

How does that work? Proof is proof. Its not open to interpretation. What you wrote here makes no sense whatsoever . 200 year old scratchings and rambling writings are not proof. Do you also believe in mermaids and sea monsters? Because they have also been written about quite a lot.

Guys/girls, let me make it very clear: Proof is non negotiable. It is NOT open to interpretation. There is only ONE definition.Everything else is just made up by you because you desperately want to believe something to be true.

Not so true...

If you are not an expert in a given field, then what you learn as 'truth' is always objective...you are taking the words and theoretical / circumstantial evidence to believe it yourself...

the same way that I believe in the vastness of space, without ever leaving planet Earth.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I guess we can agree to disagree. It isn't logical to dismiss all of the evidence of earlier visitations as attempts to "deify" the environment. Much more was involved than just fanciful notions of reality by both writers and artists from bygone eras.

Completely agreed!!

As an atheist, I had to truly examine just why it was that pretty much all ancient civilizations described similar events, with similar characters and just different names for them. They all:

discuss gods coming from the heavens (E.T. arrival)
gods traversing in celestrial chariots (space craft)
amazing abilities of the gods (technology)
Interaction with humans
creation of humans

I soon began to realize that not everybody was walking around with the exact same 'delusion'....

no...it was something more to it than that.....
edit on 16-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

well why is the ancient human theory hard to accept ?

we dont know how long the human race existed before the flood or how advanced they were , we dont know what theu built but we do know they had knoledge about a flood and built a boat , we might as well think they only lived for 100 years before this happened because of the rate of modern mans advancement in technology.. in the past 200 years we went from a horse and carrage to rockets that take us to the moon..do you realy think ancient humans were that dumb ? if ancient humans society lasted 10,000 years and all they could come up with was a wheel then they were doomed but searching the history of the human race we can easly see just how smart they were and how advanced we were as a race in the past .. from the destruction of the citys of soddom and gomorrah we can see use of nuclear weapons .. from ancient india we can see what was mans early air craft (vimanas) i dont believe the ancient aliens rubbish but i do believe in the ancient humans theory and just how much of a wonder it must have been to be a part of it .. in another 10,000 years will we be as advanced as they were ? i just hope we dont see a repeat of what happened at soddom and gomorrah (nuclear holocaust) and we have a rocket on the moon at the time so when they come back the humans who surrvive dont mistake them as aliens or gods...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulseZer0

well why is the ancient human theory hard to accept ?

we dont know how long the human race existed before the flood or how advanced they were , we dont know what theu built but we do know they had knoledge about a flood and built a boat , we might as well think they only lived for 100 years before this happened because of the rate of modern mans advancement in technology.. in the past 200 years we went from a horse and carrage to rockets that take us to the moon..do you realy think ancient humans were that dumb ? if ancient humans society lasted 10,000 years and all they could come up with was a wheel then they were doomed but searching the history of the human race we can easly see just how smart they were and how advanced we were as a race in the past .. from the destruction of the citys of soddom and gomorrah we can see use of nuclear weapons .. from ancient india we can see what was mans early air craft (vimanas) i dont believe the ancient aliens rubbish but i do believe in the ancient humans theory and just how much of a wonder it must have been to be a part of it .. in another 10,000 years will we be as advanced as they were ? i just hope we dont see a repeat of what happened at soddom and gomorrah (nuclear holocaust) and we have a rocket on the moon at the time so when they come back the humans who surrvive dont mistake them as aliens or gods...

If you say "when they come back", understand that this means they are coming from 'somewhere' other than Earth.

Isn't that an alien by definition?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
aliens didn't create the universe, as much as the AAT group wants it to be.

Aliens were created by something else

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

See, you are taking the approach that because we are saying ancient aliens had the ability and not humans, that we means humans were stupid.

No.

It means that we co-existed with a race that is more advanced than ours.

Imagine if you were to travel back in time to the 1940's....maybe you have an ipod and cell phone with you. The society that you encounter is not 'stupid' just because they don't understand those items (and may refer to them as 'magical'), its just that they are a less advanced society.

People want to say that it couldn'tve been ancient aliens because they want mankind to be the most intelligent being in the universe.

Please recognize that with the fact that we don't live on the oldest planet, we don't live inside the oldest solar system, we don't revolve around the oldest star, and we are not apart of the oldest galaxy, that we could not possibly be the most advanced race of beings.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
aliens didn't create the universe, as much as the AAT group wants it to be.

Aliens were created by something else

OMG...

Please don't think that the AAT asserts that a race of aliens created the dang universe

Wow

The AAT only discusses the 'creator gods' of humans, and their presence on Earth. That is it. It doesn't discuss who or how our creator gods were created, let alone the universe...and that's fine.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I only believe in the angel theory which makes sense when looking at this

www.freedomtek.org...

On the other hand, i still dont think that 3d aliens (aliens within our universe) created us, because if they did, they would of been as crazy as we are X 1000

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I didn't think crazier was possible...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Jordan River

I didn't think crazier was possible...

Well the fact of the matter is that from our understanding of "the world" nature created life and is life. so evolution or some form of mental progression (evolution?) happen to aliens as well. they started out as some fish, then ape and what not. (just saying for face value)

What i dont understand are those who believe in the idea of aliens or multi dimensional aliens and not in a idea of angels or other supernatural, that to me is close mindedness and also, angels are also considered ET, not grey ET, but ET non the less.

There seems to be a very big issue. The fact that humanity desperately seeks out life outside of our universe, while alien beings, just plain don't! There seems to be an underlining reason behind. Majority of 3d (aliens) such as grey are clustered in their group, while we separate into factions. We separate ourselves from a regional stance while they (aliens) separate themselves (possibly>?) from a specie stance. In the end it must be some greater form of freewill that drags ourselves apart, while aliens are probably less emotional or just worried about some greater consequence

edit on 16-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The most difficult thing to do with the Ancient Astronaut theory is come up with some good scientific tests for it. Those would involve coming up with a good hypothesis, collecting the data, interpreting it, and seeing if it objectively conforms to the hypothesis.

I think the best way to do this is try and find some piece of information about something we currently have no knowledge of, seeing if an ancient culture has some information about it, and then determining if they were right. For instance, we don't know the configuration of the planetary system around the relatively close star Altair. If an ancient culture had information about that which later we found proved to be exactly correct, that would be a good indicator of them getting some kind of knowledge beyond their own abilities.

There was some hope that the Dogon had this kind of information about Sirius, but that turned out to be a hoax/misinterpretation.

Of course, technologically advanced artifacts would also be good to find. But if the Ancient Aliens had any, it doesn't look like they were slobs, because they apparently didn't leave any behind. Big rocks are not technology.

Anyway. the trick is still to find a good test for the theory.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Of course, technologically advanced artifacts would also be good to find. But if the Ancient Aliens had any, it doesn't look like they were slobs, because they apparently didn't leave any behind. Big rocks are not technology.

Just a novelty key chain made out of osmium would do the trick.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Explain how the Dogon 'misinterpreted' the Sirius start system, or that it was a hoax....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PulseZer0

Basically. I'm leaning towards a combination of the two. Visitors came down and taught us "things" and the benefits of technology as well as other practices and we called them or worshiped them as gods.

Mostly two things put me on that side. The Sumerian King's list and that damn population bottleneck we seem to have which can be connected to that divine flooding.

Writing is a recent invention. No telling how much time passed when mankind had direct intervention with ET's or non-native intelligent life.

The red haired mummies which seem to have shown up in the America's and China. But that's another story.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Agreed. But the proof is looking back at us. I've always been on the fence about this issue, but it's been more or less because i didn't learn about the fantastic stuff our ancestors where doing and to learn what we are made off, hehe.

Cross referencing the fact that the Sumerians worshiped gods (but hell, to them a God could have been a mere human being that could have done something and was elevated to worshiping status) and the bible acknowledges the existence of other gods, Lord God refers to himself in the plural form.

The Vedas too mentioned contact from other beings, fantastical characters with all types of wondrous vehicles. I remember it was mentioned in the Vedas that eventually the Gods left. One of them tried to stick around and pretty much a huge war broke out. And he had to concede and leave.

Just like in the ancient south american cultures a mural has more or less, one of their heros jumping into a space ship and flying off.

The Nephilim mentioned in the bible and giants. The stories of native americans that mentioned giants when they came here.

Add to that, the population bottle neck. This time we are living in is special i believe because everyone is starting to put the pieces together.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Harte
reply to post by autowrench

You pic shows red sandstone blocks, not andesite.

Some andesite was carved at Tiwanaku/PumaPunku, but the large stones are sandstone.

Harte

Yes, there is sandstone in the area. Ever been to Tiwanaku/PumaPunku, or any other Ancient Megalith site?

Never been to any megalithic construction (I've been to some good-sized mounds.)

Originally posted by autowrench
All you really did it attempt to derail the thread...

Really?

Sorry, but I disagree. The posted pic shows red sandstone, yet it was labeled as Andesite. I don't really care exactly what the thread is about. When I see such an error, I will attempt to correct it.

Originally posted by autowrench Let's hear your take on the matter?

Andesite was carved with pounding stones, copper tools, saws (with slurry abrasives) and chisels.
Evidence for the use of chisels has been noted on the andesite stones that exhibit interior cuts ("window-box" type cuts.)
Also found at Tiwanaku/Pumapunku - evidence of stone pounders being used to shape stone.

I've linked to papers stating these facts here before.

The saw thing is merely my belief. But it's based on known saw techniques used by other cultures.

Sandstone can be carved with a stick (not that I think a stick was used.)

Harte

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
But think about it...
according to ancient civilizations, it was 'gods' who visited Earth from the heavens (space),

Only if you look at a few specific ancient cultures.

I suppose that the ancient cultures whose gods came from the ocean, from rivers, or out of an ant hole made their stories up, while the ones with gods from the sky didn't?
They call that cherry-picking your data. It completely invalidates your premise.

Originally posted by ButterCookie"Gods" seem to have possessed supernatural abilities (advanced technology),

Yes. So does lightning, rain and earthquakes. Are these alien gods?

Originally posted by ButterCookie and "gods" traversed the heavens and the skies in 'celestrial chariots'.

Yes. And so do the Moon, the Sun and all the visible planets. Not to mention comets, meteors and birds.

These, I would say, are not aliens either.

Originally posted by ButterCookie
This is not solely MY interpretation of the word 'god' being interchangeble with the word 'alien'...
it just technically is anyway.

Yes, it's not your interpretation at all. It is you parroting what you've been told by fringe authors that don't tell you the whole story and, I should add, actually lie (sometimes) about the stories they do tell you.

Harte

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Explain how the Dogon 'misinterpreted' the Sirius start system, or that it was a hoax....

Here:

In his book Sirius Matters, Noah Brosch postulates that the Dogon may have had contact with astronomers based in Dogon territory during a five week expedition, led by Henri-Alexandre Deslandres, to study the solar eclipse of April 16, 1893.[28] Robert Todd Carroll also states that a more likely source of the knowledge of the Sirius star system is from contemporary, terrestrial sources who provided information to interested members of the tribes

en.wikipedia.org...

We just don't know what the Dogon believed before Europeans, with their scientific knowledge, first made contact with them.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I still think that it is possible that an advanced race of beings existed thousands of years ago that were technologically advanced. They could have been humans but Maybe most present humans are half breeds today. They would have been humanish and would have needed to be sexually compatible. Maybe their race was dying off so they chose human women to bear their children. We haven't acquired enough evidence or their discounting of evidence has suppressed the truth of these things. I think that our present systems of archeology and anthropology are severely flawed. This evidence needs to be reevaluated, all the evidence, and the pertinence needs to be reexamined. Much of the evidence may no longer exist because it was destroyed because past archeologists didn't believe it was evidence also. We need fresh sites where noone has screwed things up.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join