It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Ancient Alien Theory difficult to accept?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have proof of ancient alien civilization that may relate to mars with also pics. Possible connection to ancient technology and symbols and proof that technology was the downfall

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Saint Helena. The location of very interesting findings i made on Google. I posted it on my blog but here it is for you to see for yourself.
This image shows what i believe to be the trajectory of an impact and also a possible reason why Ghana is rich in Gold

This image shows the strewn debris of a meteor strike

This image is what i believe to be the largest piece of a meteor and also notice the difference in color to the surrounding area

Now these following images are what i believe to be evidence of a lost civilization

Ancient Humanoid Alien Face of Saint Helena

Then we have a very important image which just so happens to have the USB symbol on the forehead

Also for those of you that are still not convinced here is the symbol

As for the symbol theres a connection to Neptune and his Trident and after some research we are headed in the same direction.........
Technology is too hot for us to handle because we are focused on war and destruction. We've been here before i feel that we with the technology we have today and also the technology that remains hidden in order for the select few to profit needs used for preservation of what we have now, also plants and animals, the planet. Once the Earth is fkd we will follow.
We need to use technology to promote recovery and provide aid and the means to help those in need. NO PRICETAG!!
And PREVENT it from happening again.
I cannot stress enough how important it is.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

The problem is dividing religion in terms of "real" or "fake." Religion is not literal, it is metaphorical. These stories are mythological not literal; they come from that spiritual place common to all humans, be it the soul, collective unconscious, or whatever one wishes to call it. That is why there is so much in common among world myths. When you start thinking of myths as true or untrue, you lose the purpose of the story.

When this happens: at best, one dismisses these tales as fantasy, at worst, they start using them to support AAT.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I do not believe in God or follow religion myself. I really wouldn't mind if humans were helped by another specie that lives elsewhere in space. It does nothing to my ego, nor should man kind view it as being an ego-ruiner.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Why is it hard to accept? because there is no concrete evidence. Almost everything the "believers" come up with can be explained far easier as terrestrial artifacts. This is not about "belief" - it's not a religion, it's science. There are some truly weird, currently unexplainable artifacts, but there is nothing holding them together. Some day there may be, and I have no philosophical opposition to "Ancient Aliens", I just haven't seen any cohesive evidence yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256

Why is it hard to accept? because there is no concrete evidence. Almost everything the "believers" come up with can be explained far easier as terrestrial artifacts. This is not about "belief" - it's not a religion, it's science. There are some truly weird, currently unexplainable artifacts, but there is nothing holding them together. Some day there may be, and I have no philosophical opposition to "Ancient Aliens", I just haven't seen any cohesive evidence yet.

?There is evidence all over the world.So much in fact that its screaming at us!Certain people have simply made the choice to ignore the evidence.There is no concrete evidence for god,jesus,iron at the Earths core,rare animals in remote places around the globe which you and I have only seen a couple pictures of,etc etc.To ignore the evidence does not make the evidence vanish.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The fact that you have no personal knowledge concerning a thing does not magically transform that thing into "evidece" for ancient aliens.

Harte

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

But Mr Harte if someone, especially 'experts' says something is wrong or doesn't exist or the evidence is weak - doesn't that really mean it's real?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It is difficult for those who cannot accept it because of their EGO.
They do not want to admit to someone smarter than them.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

The knee jerk response to ancient buildings and sites that we have little idea as to why or how they were built mixed in with the ignorance or lack of evidence that ancient man had technology we forgot or dont understand can only mean aliens built them?

When ever you think Aliens must of built them, ask yourself why you think such things?

edit on 27-10-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Did Aliens build the antikythera mechanism?
edit on 27-10-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Dont mean to minimize your post with those small google earth images but.....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

ironic considering this could be said of AAT believers.
the "evidence" for AAT is based on nothing but cherry picking and ignorance not real evidence.

i mean how many times do we have to hear "the pyramids couldn't have been built by humans, they are too precise!" even though the people back then understood math and the pyramid is pretty dang easy to build.

is the claim based on knowledge? or is it based on personal incredulity?

how about that the gods couldn't just be made up to explain things, just like all mythology? no, the people couldn't have just made the gods up, they had to be aliens, because being made up is impossible, even though people still make up stories just like myths from thousands of years ago, now.
ever heard of animism? people still believe everything has a spirit, or that vampires exist.

no, no it has to be aliens, since humans have no imagination, even though we make up bigfoot, the lochness monster and still have the yeti.
what about all the shows with aliens? star wars, star trek and babylon 5?
did we suddenly grow an imagination in the last 100 years? did we start making up aliens the day before hg wells wrote the war of the worlds?

or is it just AAT is nonsense? that aliens exist but we just shoehorn stories onto old pictures and images to justify more alien visitation since modern visitation is just not accepted by the majority of humanity?

i think it is the later since most of the leaders in the AAT movement lie, cheat and defraud the people that believe them.
how many times do we need someone to show the rameses/seti image to be photoshopped before people let it go?
or to show the so called "plane" to not be a plane? or show the historic evidence that even up to the 17th century that painters anthropomorphized the sun and moon? or showed the heavens opening up to beam a light down on saints and mary?

how many times does it need to be shown that many of the so called proofs of space suits are nothing but artistic licence or seeing what the AATist wants to see?
because no matter what, i've never seen a single shred of evidence AAT folks present that couldn't be put down to either misidentification, ignorance, or just plain wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChurchofThought

?There is evidence all over the world.So much in fact that its screaming at us!Certain people have simply made the choice to ignore the evidence.There is no concrete evidence for god,jesus,iron at the Earths core,rare animals in remote places around the globe which you and I have only seen a couple pictures of,etc etc.To ignore the evidence does not make the evidence vanish.

when the evidence is fit together the idea of aliens disappears, the only way to keep arguing for such a belief is to ignore the knowledge we have and to assume your claim is correct before you support it with evidence. it is purely begging the question, based on ignoring evidence that doesn't support the belief.

i've made this analogy before on another website, but AAT is very much like creationism or fundimentalist beliefs, they all, like AAT, require ignoring what doesn't fit the claim. this includes finding things that vaguely fit your claim, or assuming your claim fits mythology when humans making up things to explain the world is just as likely if not more so.

i agree that evidence for the supernatural has no concrete evidence, it is right up there with AAT. you would be wrong about the earths core, they have a pretty good idea about what it's made of, since they can sample the composition of the sun and other things accreted from it.

you are making an argument from ignorance, just because you don't have perfect proof for something other than aliens creating humans and being their gods, doesn't mean aliens are the answer.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
"when the evidence is fit together the idea of aliens disappears"

No it doesn't.
If it did no one would be talking about ancient aliens.

Remember the razor rule.
Nearly all of your questions about ancient civilization, myth and religion can be answered by ancient aliens.
Without them you are left with all the same questions.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"when the evidence is fit together the idea of aliens disappears"

No it doesn't.
If it did no one would be talking about ancient aliens.

Sorry, but no.

In fact, the "evidence" you think you know about absolutely disappears under even the slightest scrutiny.

And people would be talking about it anyway, regardless of the truth of the matter.

See the "Flat Earth Society."

The fact that "people would be talking" about a subject lends no credence to that subject. I'm sure that, if you bother to think about it, you will agree.

Harte

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join