It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is NOT dropping out, the Mainstream Media is LYING.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You're sleeping outkast, every convention to date has railed against him, all of them. Look no further than oklahoma and arizona. Their shenanigans forced the convention goers outside.

I watched the live feed, it was a complete sham.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by Soulece
America is retarded.

Mitt Romney or Obama?

You cannot seriously be this dumb, America.

I just have to point this out... this is counter-productive calling people "seriously that dumb" because they disagree with a candidates stand on things.. Unless you live here 100% of the time, you cannot possibly understand what some of the less talked about parts of platforms (and I am using all the candidates) can do to people...

Ron Paul was a kind hearted person. Nobody else in the damn GOP was. They all had evil grins and fake smiles. They just look at the camera, smile, and wave.
It's obvious.
They will not fix anything. They will tell people there is hope, but like Obama they will not deliver.

Paul wanted the end of wars, which is good. He knew we were in a lot of countries with bases we shouldn't be. We were being the police country that we are. The rest of the nominees? They want that. And they will continue the tradition.

See this is what I do not like about this country. A guy like Ron Paul who wants to help fix our problems will not get the GOP nominee. But the scumbag Mitt Romney who just smiles for the camera and does not give a rats ass about people will get it. So it's him vs. Obama. Seriously, is this country that dumbfounded that we want all of this to continue and get worse and worse? You all KNOW where this is going to lead to.

2012 President Election slogan should be "Same Old $###"
edit on 15-5-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You guys are nuts. You will think Ron Paul will still have a chance a month after Pres Romney has been in office
edit on 15-5-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
You guys are nuts. You will think Ron Paul will still have a chance a monther after Pres Romney has been in office

No.

We just hope we dont get a scumbag for a president.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Paul Campaign Director Jesse Benton:

“Let me be very clear,” writes chief strategist Jesse Benton in the opening lines of the memo, “Dr. Paul is NOT dropping out or suspending his campaign.”

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Someone may have posted this specific email already, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

Memorandum

To: Supporters, Interested Parties

Date: May 15, 2012

Re: Paul Campaign Convention Strategy

Every day, I see firsthand how humbled and encouraged Dr. Paul is to have the enthusiastic support of so many who are committed to revitalizing our country.

Let me be very clear. Dr. Paul is NOT dropping out or suspending his campaign.

As Dr. Paul has previously stated, he is in this race all the way to the Republican National Convention in Tampa this August.

And he is deeply grateful for every resource he has been entrusted with to run an historic campaign that continues to defy all expectations.

Looking ahead, our campaign must honor that trust by maximizing our resources to ensure the greatest possible impact at the National Convention.

So while our campaign is no longer investing in the remaining primary states, we will continue to run strong programs at District and State Conventions to win more delegates and alternate delegates to the National Convention.

To this end, our campaign has several positive and realistic goals:

1) Having recently WON Maine, we believe we can win several more states.
2) We will win party leadership positions at both the state and national levels.
3) We will continue to grow our already substantial total of delegates.

We will head to Tampa with a solid group of delegates. Several hundred will be bound to Dr. Paul, and several hundred more, although bound to Governor Romney or other candidates, will be Ron Paul supporters.

Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination. Governor Romney is now within 200 delegates of securing the party’s nod. However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.

All delegates will be able to vote on party rules and allow us to shape the process for future liberty candidates.

We are in an excellent position to make sure the Republican Party adds solid liberty issues to the GOP Platform, which our delegates will be directly positioned to approve. Our campaign is presently working to get several items up for consideration, including monetary policy reform, prohibitions on indefinite detention, and Internet freedom.

Finally, by sending a large, respectful, and professional delegation to Tampa, we will show the party and the country that not only is our movement growing and here to stay, but that the future belongs to us.

Dr. Paul will begin this new phase of the campaign this Friday by speaking and holding several events at the Minnesota State Convention. He has also recently accepted an invitation to speak at the Texas Convention, and we are busy scheduling appearances around other State Conventions later this month and into June.

As Dr. Paul stated in his message yesterday, this fight is NOT over. We will continue fighting and expanding, and “we will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.”

But for Dr. Paul’s efforts in the remaining State Conventions to be successful, and to ensure we get as many Ron Paul delegates to Tampa as we can, he needs you to continue standing with him.

Along those lines, as you probably already know, the grassroots are holding a Money Bomb on Thursday, May 17. Any money raised from that Money Bomb will go toward winning delegates and finalizing our plans for Tampa.

As those plans for the National Convention come together, we will make sure all of our delegates, whether bound or unbound, get the information and aid they need.

Your support on May 17 will also help us reach more Americans with the solutions we know can restore our nation. Each person we add to our cause strengthens our movement for the critical work that awaits us beyond Tampa.

Dr. Paul, John Tate, myself, and the entire campaign staff know what incredible sacrifices have been made by each of our supporters.

Thank you for all of your hard work and your dedication to liberty. Together, we will champion Ron Paul and his message in Tampa, and we will lay the groundwork for future victories.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I realize politics is a dirty game, and I realize the delegate strategy is important and necessary, but doesn't it seem dirty to completely ignore the voters, and completely ignore the will of the voters in the straw polls, caucuses, and primaries, and instead just work on getting your plants to the convention?

From the outset, the ONLY way Paul was going to send a message during this election was to be able to make a showing come election day. I don't even think his supporters really expected him to get the GOP nom...I know I don't.

Simply put, the GOP and the American public are not ready for the kind of real world solutions we'll need to do to really solve the main issues facing this nation. Things like scaling back our foreign military presence, legalizing and taxing marijuana (this country was built on the cash crop of tobacco people...know your history). Paul knows this too, but still wants to get the message out.

Speaking at the GOP convention or not, and if I have to write it in, Paul's got my vote. Not because I think he can win, but because I'm voting for I'd like to see President...a true representative vs. one bought and paid for by special interest groups. I will not throw a vote to Romney or Obama because someone thinks I'm "wasting" it otherwise. The only "wasted" votes are the ones not cast, or the ones for a candidate one doesn't believe in.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'll say this again, I support Ron Paul but it embarrasses me that so many of his other supporters are clearly out of touch with reality.

Some of you act as if it's a failure if he becomes anything short of president, but it isn't. In my mind he has always known he would not be president, and this campaign was to spread awareness and pave the way for more honest candidates like him in the future. That is not a loss.

Ron Paul will NEVER be our president, that doesn't mean he isn't setting the stage for big changes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Writing in Ron Paul/Ron Paul in a hypothetical independent run are both wastes in my mind. All i see coming from that is Ron Paul inadvertently helping Romney, similar to Nadar's campaign helping Bush. He would pull away votes from Obama supporters and simply even the playing field for Romney.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You guys are blind to Paul you wont even give romney a chance Time after time i heard from paul supports if they cant have Paul they will vote for Obama or not vote at all.

reply to post by Soulece

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
You guys are blind to Paul you wont even give romney a chance

I think it's safe to say he's had plenty of chances.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The following quote is enough to sum it up:

"We recognize that Gov. [Mitt] Romney has what is very likely to be an insurmountable delegate lead," Benton told reporters on a conference call Tuesday. "And we acknowledge that we're very, very unlikely to be able to block that nomination."

He's not suspending things. He's being a realist here. I am not a Ron Paul fan in the least bit, but he is at least acknowledging the situation. Good for him.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by Wookiep

The goal at this point is to amass delegates, he knows he's not going to get the nomination.. Paul wants as many delegates at the convention as possible so that the GOP is pressured to let him speak at that convention.. that's what this is about now... Pushing his message and not letting it get drown out in the process..
edit on 5/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

This is a little bit ridiculous. He has stated many times that his goal is to spread the message and win the nomination. There are so many news interviews where he has said this exact same thing, I didn't even know where to start when searching for a Youtube video of it. He doesn't know wether or not he is going to get the nomination, but that has been his goal all along, and unless you have a specific sound bite or quote of him saying otherwise, then don't say it unless its the truth. Of course he wants to push the message of Liberty, but its still not over till its over. I am still rooting for him and I hope he wins. Call me delusional or whatever, it is what I believe in. I can't believe in Romney or Obama. I never have. Ron Paul is the way to go for me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wookiep

Its not just the MSM though, it is the Paul campaign. The Tea Party in Florida had a virtual jail break in the 2010 elections! We cleaned house in the state house and senate. We picked the governor. We picked the US Senate positions. We won every race we were in! AND Paul decided to just ignore campaigning in Florida? His biggest area of supporters has been college students, tea-partiers, and the ex-hippies that are now aging baby boomers! Florida is full of those demographics. He had a legitimate shot for a strong finish here, and it would have set the tone for his whole campaign. He let Cain win the Straw Poll, and then he didn't even absorb those Cain votes and take the actual primary. Not to mention Florida is the home of the RNC this year, so having a big win and favorable press here in Florida could have been HUGE!........... And then Missouri is ground zero for militia group/survivalist/small government types, and since their delegate count was cut in half, nobody campaigned there and it was wide open, but he let Santorum win?

Paul's campaign has been poorly engineered in my opinion. He focused on the meaningless states, ignored the MSM, took a large campaign warchest and wasted it, while Santorum took a much smaller warchest to several key wins.

Paul just isn't a leader. He is a genius with great ideas, but I'm starting to think he wouldn't make a great president even if he did win.

Here is the bottom line... the Florida primary was a winner take all state. RP decided to campaign in Maine during this time, a place where the delegates were more in his favor. It would have cost him many millions of dollars to try to win the Florida race, and he made a wise decision. He is a really smart man that knows what to do with the peoples campaign money. He is a great leader! Someone with that kind of sound responsibility with money should be our next president, and I will be rooting for him until the end. He is doing the best with the resources he has, and we should support him until the end. Unfortunately in this country, money talks when it comes to elections, but I hope the peoples voice is louder

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Paul's campaign is working with the Romney campaign...and Benton says that an endorsement isn't out of the question...I'm just curious how is supporters will re-act to that. I still think they will fall into line with whatever Ron Paul tells them to do.

If a Romney endorsement by Paul happens, I think things would get very interesting and possibly even heated. I, for one would not vote for Romney even if Paul endorsed him, and I can't imagine too many other Paul supporters would either. I've said it before, but unless Paul has a slight chance of becoming head of the Federal Reserve, I can't see any reason for this at all since him and Romney are polar opposites.

I think it would really be a bad idea in all honesty and it would not do anything to help his son. With that said, I'm sure some would follow along, but I don't think most Paul supporters just blindly follow everything he does like many on ATS seem to think they do.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

If Paul were to do such a thing, as endorse Romney, it would be a very hypocritical move by him. There is not much else anyone can say about it. Romney and Paul are worlds apart. I can not imagine any scenario that would make it ok for Ron Paul to endorse Romney.

I find it amusing how so many people seem to think that if you support Ron Paul, you will automatically support Rand Paul. I don't trust Rand. I have heard him say a few things that just leaves me scratching my head. One of the biggest things Ron has going for him, in my opinion at least, is that he has been saying the exact same things for 30-40 years. Rand has only been in the National spotlight for a couple years now. By comparison, he is a virtual unknown.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I am in no way sold on Rand Paul yet by a longshot. In this interview today with Jesse Benton, he said that Rand Paul is ready to support the "Republican Nominee", of whom the Paul campaign are beginning to think won't be Ron Paul. So that leaves Romney, and that is NOT what his fathers movement stands for. We don't vote for the party, we vote with our concience and for good of the country.

Skip to 5:16 if you wanna hear that part. Otherwise, this is the radio interview with Jesse Benton today:

edit on 15-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he isn't campaining in primary states because he can only get "stealth" delegates when his cult betrays the will of the people in the caucus states and takes over the process with mob rule

so how does he win a general election ?

he doesn't

this is all about EGO

ron go back to your day job

Your comment is a transparent attempt to Marginalize people who believe in a different candidate than yourself. Whether you truly believe in who you are going to back or are paid to post comments on forums to change public opinion I resent people who use tactics like yours to shift opinion and attempt manipulate consciousness through mass prejudice against people who believe in an leader to back as POTUS.

Using a word like "cult" to denote anyone who supports a candidate you do not agree with or are paid to not agree with is a fear based tactic. Upon breakdown and analysis using a fear based manipulation shines a light on who you stand for. In general I hope the best for your consciousness evolution but for today I say your post told me more about you and your values. Remember you are on a forum of thinkers not mainstream consumers.
Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

America is retarded.

Mitt Romney or Obama?

You cannot seriously be this dumb, America.

I just have to point this out... this is counter-productive calling people "seriously that dumb" because they disagree with a candidates stand on things.. Unless you live here 100% of the time, you cannot possibly understand what some of the less talked about parts of platforms (and I am using all the candidates) can do to people...

Ron Paul was a kind hearted person. Nobody else in the damn GOP was. They all had evil grins and fake smiles. They just look at the camera, smile, and wave.
It's obvious.
They will not fix anything. They will tell people there is hope, but like Obama they will not deliver.

Paul wanted the end of wars, which is good. He knew we were in a lot of countries with bases we shouldn't be. We were being the police country that we are. The rest of the nominees? They want that. And they will continue the tradition.

See this is what I do not like about this country. A guy like Ron Paul who wants to help fix our problems will not get the GOP nominee. But the scumbag Mitt Romney who just smiles for the camera and does not give a rats ass about people will get it. So it's him vs. Obama. Seriously, is this country that dumbfounded that we want all of this to continue and get worse and worse? You all KNOW where this is going to lead to.

2012 President Election slogan should be "Same Old $###"

You are only focusing on the two things that most Paulites focus on, ending wars (not a bad idea) and Ending the Fed.. People have not given enough thought to what it would mean to people if he actually did away with certain agencies (other than the government savings) did away with the Civil Rights Act (I can't believe anyone would think that's a good thing) amongst all of the other things in his platform that if he actually got through would devastate most families in this country.. Yeah let's forget all that and end all wars, yay.... we ended all wars... now can I have some food please/ What? I can't because why? Or Sorry President Paul I didn't know you were serious about cutting all Federal programs to help people...Oh by the way my kids wanna know when they can go back to school? Oh they can't? Oh I'm sorry I forgot disabled kids only went to school because of the Civil Rights Act and the Dept of Education, I forgot you did away with those.. Sorry, I'l just go grovel and hope that like you say my neighbors will help me out...But so far most of them have said they can't or won't and wonder why I don't just die as my retarded kids are breathing their air, I forgot we have no right to protections form that sort of hateful talk anymore......

I know it's extreme, but....... when you look at it all, ending wars, (again i never said it was a bad idea) and Ending the Fed, don't look like so much reason to elect the man.... But of curse Rabid Paulites will be all over me and I'll get nasty messages about how un-amercian I am, and how stupid and moronic I am, but as I said to him at his little appearance around these parts, when he can say he's raising 3 severely disabled kids on his own, and sometimes need a little help paying for all the services, then he can cut them.. until then.. leave my kids alone.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by disfugured

Again, I'm not criticizing Paul. I'm not even criticizing all his followers. I'm merely pointing out that many of his followers are political uninformed and project the same messiah complex on him that many Obama fans did in 08.

I'm a big fan of Paul and his politics. But a lot of his followers are ignorant. Period.

I think its nearly impossible to support Ron Paul without wading through the propaganda and media spin, or complete lack of it, in order to do so. If there were uninformed people following Paul, then they just wouldn't follow him. It takes an intelligent mind in order to believe in Paul and his ideas, because the lies are stacked against him, and it turns ignorant people away from him. So I would say his followers that are ignorant are a handful at best.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
RP is running as a Republican? That was his first mistake. Did he with his good but unconventional views think that he would be accepted in the well staid and corrupt GOP? Maybe he can run as an Independant now.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join