It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a Doppelganger ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Everyone likes to think they are special and unique, but I know better. There are four other women in this world who look exactly like me, average. Sad, but true.

I have only met them once, but it was a doozy.

The summer of my fifth grade year was my first time at summer camp. God, was I excited. Independence, freedom, and a whiff of pine sap was my drug of choice. Not an image usually associated with 4-H club.

The first day, we all gathered in the dining hall. The sea of dorkiness boggled my nine year old brain. But as I was leaving, I glimpsed a face so much like my own. I didn't really pay any attention, too much excitement. After storing our gear, we met the girls in the nearby cabins. I was bunking with my best friend in the whole wide world. Michelle and I had been friends for three years, a third of my life. She pointed out how much one of the other girls and I looked alike.

A few days later at the canoes, we met another of my doppelgangers. Same cheekbones, same ears, even our hair was the same length. We looked so much a like, but I could recognize the difference in her even if I can't describe it. I am sure her look of confusion was mirrored on my face. We didn't speak.

What were the chances three blond-haired, hazel-eyed girls, with the same height, weight and facial features would attend 4-H summer camp in the middle of the woods in Alabama at the same time? Not good, but obviously not impossible.

Two more of these bizarre repeats of nature occurred over the next few days. One, at the rock climbing course, passed off the rope to me, and the other was beneath a parachute. We fluffed a parachute as a group, and the fabric slipped out of my grip and ripped a fingernail back. When I finally slid beneath the heavy fabric canopy with everyone else, I met an unhurt version of myself.

I was freaked out. I didn't mention the other girls to Michelle. She had flipped over the first two.

The last day at camp, my cabin guide asked me to go to the chapel and help clean. One of my body-doubles stepped out of her cabin, going the same way. This was the one I had seen at the canoes. Walking almost together, but not quite, we came upon a group of girls going back the way we had come. It was our twinkies. We were five look-a-likes standing in the same space and time in a wooded glen. I remember the sun and warmth of summer on us, filtered through the tall canopy of Alabama pine. We didn't speak, our faces just asked, 'why do you look like me?' I still don't know the answer.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Yeah we even has our own language too lol, I've met other sets that have done this as a child too.
But ours had a hand code language too :-). Not sure what a soul twin is though

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
An old girlfriend of mine once showed me some photographs of her grandfather and grandmother in their younger days . One particular picture was of them on holiday at a camp site. In the foreground of the picture was a little boy who I immediately recognised as my young nephew . I mean the exact double . I kept the picture for a while and showed it to the rest of my family . They were all totally spooked .

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yes, but personally i don't believe in doppelgangers but more in freak coincidences. On SEVERAL occasions ive met strangers at parties or the like, and they've stated that we've met, or they've seen me at several places. Its not that we have a complete doppelganger, but even though we are uniquely individual, not everyone can look unique as our gene pool plays a massive role in this.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I've met a guy my age that I would certainly consider a doppleganger. Check out this photo. I'm one of these fellows and I can tell you that we're not related in any way that I know of.

That's pretty cool - thanks for sharing. Are there similarities too in your persona ?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
Everyone likes to think they are special and unique, but I know better. There are four other women in this world who look exactly like me, average. Sad, but true.

I have only met them once, but it was a doozy.

The summer of my fifth grade year was my first time at summer camp. God, was I excited. Independence, freedom, and a whiff of pine sap was my drug of choice. Not an image usually associated with 4-H club.

The first day, we all gathered in the dining hall. The sea of dorkiness boggled my nine year old brain. But as I was leaving, I glimpsed a face so much like my own. I didn't really pay any attention, too much excitement. After storing our gear, we met the girls in the nearby cabins. I was bunking with my best friend in the whole wide world. Michelle and I had been friends for three years, a third of my life. She pointed out how much one of the other girls and I looked alike.

A few days later at the canoes, we met another of my doppelgangers. Same cheekbones, same ears, even our hair was the same length. We looked so much a like, but I could recognize the difference in her even if I can't describe it. I am sure her look of confusion was mirrored on my face. We didn't speak.

What were the chances three blond-haired, hazel-eyed girls, with the same height, weight and facial features would attend 4-H summer camp in the middle of the woods in Alabama at the same time? Not good, but obviously not impossible.

Two more of these bizarre repeats of nature occurred over the next few days. One, at the rock climbing course, passed off the rope to me, and the other was beneath a parachute. We fluffed a parachute as a group, and the fabric slipped out of my grip and ripped a fingernail back. When I finally slid beneath the heavy fabric canopy with everyone else, I met an unhurt version of myself.

I was freaked out. I didn't mention the other girls to Michelle. She had flipped over the first two.

The last day at camp, my cabin guide asked me to go to the chapel and help clean. One of my body-doubles stepped out of her cabin, going the same way. This was the one I had seen at the canoes. Walking almost together, but not quite, we came upon a group of girls going back the way we had come. It was our twinkies. We were five look-a-likes standing in the same space and time in a wooded glen. I remember the sun and warmth of summer on us, filtered through the tall canopy of Alabama pine. We didn't speak, our faces just asked, 'why do you look like me?' I still don't know the answer.

Thank you Amarenell for that recollection - quite an interesting read. At that age too the world is so mysterious and full of possibilities.

Peace Out

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

wow thats

a true blue

doppelganger

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
God I hope not. Boor bastard.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
God I hope not. Boor bastard.

Ha! That was awesome

I dont think I could have one. Two people couldnt be this good looking. Surely.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When I was 18, my mom and dad stopped at a gas station, only my dad when in. He came out and asked my mom, "When did she get a job here?" My mom even went back in to look. She said she couldn't believe how much the girl looked like me. Now I wish I would have went there to see for myself.

Also, I was looking though the members photo thread and one of the members here I thought was my husbands friend. Hubby even thought it was him. Either he is just his double, or he is lying about living in Australia. LOL
edit on 15-5-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

edit on 15-5-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ever since I was little people have literally stopped me on the street and told me I look exactly like Macauly Culkin.

I really do, too, it's super eerie. I'm hoping as I get older my looks change, because he's.. yikes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have a doppelganger in my city and it's actually quite annoying. The problem with the guy is that he looks identical to me and he's a total waster.
The amount of times I've had people start on me or I've been refused from nightclubs is a bit of a joke now.

The weird thing though is that I've been in clubs where he has been and my ex actually went up to him thinking it was me but I've never seen him myself.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Met one, my ex GF, but I know its not her, she should be older, swear to god, I might fall in first love once again if its not I'm visiting my newborn

So..that bring out new question...
Its commonly believe there are 7 copies of everyone, I have no doubt they exist, but...is it in the same lifetime ?
In my case, she should be about 10 years older. I still remember the heart pounding, its like watching a ghost.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It is funny that this topic is getting some air time here and that this is a news story on yahoo.

He was the spitting image of the killer, had the same first name and was near the scene of the crime at the fateful hour: Carlos DeLuna paid the ultimate price and was executed in place of someone else in Texas in 1989, a report out Tuesday found.

It goes to show the dangers of a doppelganger.

The rest of the story can be found at the link

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
A Doppelganger for those who are unfamiliar with this term is :-

Encyclopedia

Doppelganger

(German: "double goer"), in German folklore, a wraith

Any thoughts or personal experiences on this topic ?

Interesting how you bring up the word Wraith.

Wraiths exist in Tartarus.

They are 7-8 foot tall, levitate off the ground, wear hoods, covered in rotting cloths, their flesh is just bone and the pure evil that radiates from them freezes any creature in total fear.

Has anyone stood in the company of 3 of these negative entities ?

When the fallen ones land in their ufo's, this is how I will view them after witnessing them in Tartarus for 10 mins.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There are many similarities. Although I like to think I'm a little bit more intelligent and driven based on my experiences with him. Although I haven't talked to him in several months and my view point is probably a little biased. I have graduated college though and he's never gone. I have a job and am married to a woman I love. He has a child with a woman he had a one night stand with. So while my view point is based on my own perspective I think most people would agree. These days I don't wear my hair long and I have a job at an IT company but I've also made a lot of changes within the past six months. Granted, I made those decisions intentionally.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
It is funny that this topic is getting some air time here and that this is a news story on yahoo.

He was the spitting image of the killer, had the same first name and was near the scene of the crime at the fateful hour: Carlos DeLuna paid the ultimate price and was executed in place of someone else in Texas in 1989, a report out Tuesday found.

It goes to show the dangers of a doppelganger.

The rest of the story can be found at the link

ha ha that is kind of funny - not for the victim obviosuly. By the sounds of it this could have happened to Mclaren (post above)

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I'm definately going to do some more research on this.

Peace Out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join