It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Residents of Eden Part 1 [TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"Arise Ape," the Creator said from the heavens while bringing His first creature to life. "Arise, and gaze upon the wondrous new world before you."

Ape nearly lost his breath upon the virgin blue of the sky, until he gasped at the fiery globe hanging low and brilliant in the east. “So beautiful,” he said, sitting up, but nothing could have prepared him for the floral splendor still blossoming across the fresh canvas of Earth.

Having crawled out of the patch of dust from which he was spawned, the gorilla stood upright atop an elevated expanse of soft grass. He watched in awe as the endless potpourri of flowers and fruits sprouted on either side of the meadow before him. The meadow’s gentle curves rolled in random perfection all the way to the southern horizon. In the distant forest to the west, great trees raced their leafy branches toward the sky. To the east, a sea of turquoise was filling in from the rivers of the north. Ape’s eyes followed the rivers to their source: a mountainous jungle region that left him speechless. The gorilla knew it would be the first place he would explore.

Animals miraculously paraded out from the flora. In the open field, lions mingled with zebras as wolves cavorted with sheep. The elephants stepped carefully over rodents and rabbits, while mischievous chimpanzees stole rides on the backs of tolerant tigers and patient panthers. Winged creatures of dazzling plumage launched like fireworks into the air. The smaller birds, along with the bees, took to feasting upon the nectar of Earth’s abundant bouquet.

The world was vibrant and sweet smelling and innocent, causing Ape to tuck and un-tuck his narrow black lips, to make excited popping sounds with his mouth. “Who has made this paradise?” he asked.

The answer came in calm authority and from everywhere at once. "Kneel before me, Ape, for thou art in the presence of the Creator."

It was not the voice from out of nowhere that raised the gorilla’s brow. Here was Ape, as brand new as the universe and being told to get on his knees like a slave? He decided to ignore the order.

Looking to the growing herds of beasts in the valley, he felt an aloneness that forced him to communicate with the strange Creator. “Am I the only one of me?” he asked.

The response came not from the voice above, but from behind, and female. “I shall be yours until the end of time.”

Ape turned. Five of his kind now stood upright before him, with four of them observing in bedazzlement this thing called life. The fifth gorilla was only half his size. And though the other gorillas were of a brownish tint, the plumpish female gazing fondly upon him was as black as he, with eyes as chocolate and sentient as his. She had a flat nose, a wide chest, and her arms hung to her knees. She was beautiful.

“I will call you Ooh-Ah, for surely you are the loveliest creature in all the land,” Ape said, but the time for affectionate grooming would have to wait.

The Creator called down to his firstborn: "Ape, will you and your kind not offer up prayers to the Giver of Life?"

Ape chuffed his annoyance. “Tell me, Creator, did you give us life only to be forever in your servitude?”

One of the brown males bared his fangs. “I bow to no one!”

Ooh-Ah was the first to spy the wind as it came at them, whipping about the vegetation in the Creator’s wrath. She quickly took Ape’s hand. “Come, let us go away from here.”

The Creator was displeased. "You disappoint me, Ape. Take thy people into the mountains that I might not look upon you for a time."

It was Ape’s turn to show his teeth, as he defied the biting wind. “What madness is upon you, Creator? Why do you seek to break the very spirit you have given us? If you must have mindless creatures to tremble and grovel at the sound of your voice, then create them. But leave us be!”

The howling wind punished the gorillas, urging them swiftly into the thick green of the jungle. And there they dwelt in peace, eating of the leaves and of the abundant tree fruits. The males playfully roared and wrestled. Ape was the biggest and strongest of the gorillas, but he always made sure to be gentle with his friends. They raced after one another over the forest floor and through the low-lying branches. They shook the smaller trees and rattled the underbrush, to see who could make the loudest and scariest noise--of course, Ape always won. And as the boys played, the females enjoyed huddling together, grooming one another while laughing at the lighthearted antics of the males. Eating, sleeping, laughing and playing, the gorillas believed that life could get no better than this. And they were right...not better.

It was in the evening and under the fullness of the moon when Ape registered a pungent, yet not unpleasant scent from Ooh-Ah; she was sleeping on a nest of giant leaves next to Ape’s nest. The curious fragrance set fire to his nostrils and excitement to his loins, compelling him to investigate further.

He silently moved to Ooh-Ah and inhaled deeply, but discovered the scent was not of her. One of the brown females, named E-E, had nested on the far side of Ooh-Ah. Ape followed his longing to between E-E’s legs. The female stirred and was not alarmed or ashamed in her heat. She instinctively rose to her hands and knees before Ape, presenting herself to him.

As if pulled by an invisible force, Ape positioned himself behind E-E and ran his hands over the sweat-moistened fur of her back. And that was as far as he could go, for he was suddenly startled by the admonishment of the Creator.

"Sin not before me, Ape, for you will surely know death upon this adulterous act."

Ape leapt backwards. The frightened female dropped to her nest and pretended to be asleep. The Creator’s threat reached only the minds of the sinners, leaving the others of the group innocent in their slumber. Ape didn’t know what to think about this thing called sin, but if this was what he was feeling--guilt, shame, and embarrassment--he didn’t like it. He slipped into the silhouetted forest to wait for his discomfort to pass.

He remained in the woods and sat a good while, slouched against the trunk of a deodar with many drooping branches. The steady rush of water in the nearby river soothed his mind. His eyelids blinked in the slow rhythm of pre-sleep, but sleep would not come to Ape this long night. He spied the black and skeletal wings of the creature as it soundlessly came to rest on a branch of the deodar. The fur about Ape’s neck bristled as the thing crawled upside-down along the branch, deliberately toward him. It stopped no further than two arm lengths from Ape’s face.

“Have no fear, Ape,” the bat said, in a high-pitched whisper of many eerie voices. “We have come with the truth the Creator would deny you.”

Ape could not look directly upon the hideous beast; it was the size of a raven and painted in the dull umbra of the darkest shadow. He wanted to swat it away, but the thought of touching it made his skin crawl. “Tell me what you will, you ugly thing, then go away from me.”

Please read part 2. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I like it marvellous thumbs up to you sir

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A theory as good as any i enjoyed it my daughter loved it the cheeky monkey woke up and said dad dad read me a story then on your ATS , so i let her read this one about an ape now she has got me asking for part 2 damn lol nice post and thumbs up from my daughter who is 14 coming up to fifteen and who is making up excuses to stay up it seems.

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by jiggerj

A theory as good as any i enjoyed it my little girl loved it the cheeky monkey woke up and said dad dad read me a story , so i read her this one about an ape now she has got me asking for part 2 damn lol nice post and thumbs up from my little one

Thanks again. Okay?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Wicked. SnF before I finished reading once I understood the complexity you are presenting.

Saw you have like 6 parts already, a nice pre-fab that fits with the theme. Can't wait to read the others.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by jiggerj

Wicked. SnF before I finished reading once I understood the complexity you are presenting.

Saw you have like 6 parts already, a nice pre-fab that fits with the theme. Can't wait to read the others.

LOL 6 parts?
Thanks for the S&F. But I really enjoyed writing this, so I just hope others enjoy reading it.

top topics

join