It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Vaccinations Decline, Whooping Cough Returns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
news.discovery.com...

Dr. Steven Novella, a Yale physician writing on the Science-Based Medicine blog, points out that “there are serious concerns about vaccine refusal as a contributor to the resurgence of whooping cough. Thanks to the anti-vaccine movement there is unsubstantiated fear about the safety of vaccines. In particular there are pockets of vaccine refusal resulting in a loss of herd immunity. Herd immunity results when enough of the population is immune so that an infectious disease cannot spread, so cases become isolated and do not cause an epidemic. Without herd immunity pertussis infections can spread through a population.”

NEWS: The Human Cost of Vaccine Fraud

Novella also refutes a claim often made by parents who refuse to vaccinate their children, that as long as other kids are vaccinated they don’t need to vaccinate their own. “The evidence indicates that unvaccinated children are at higher risk of developing whooping cough than vaccinated children. Existing herd immunity is not sufficient to protect the unvaccinated, even in areas of high vaccine compliance. Further there is early evidence that whooping cough is spreading the most in counties that have a high vaccine refusal rate.” Though there is a small risk of side effects from vaccinations (like any medical procedures) the consequences of not vaccinating children are far worse

I know a lot of people are against vaccines and it stands to reason that many are against it due to the fact that some people end up getting very sick due to the vaccine itself. But how do you feel about letting old disease come back and plague the world just because you selfishly refuse vaccinations. You are putting many more lives in danger than you realize. I know alot of you will bash me for posting this and sharing my opinion but have at it I believe vaccines are good and that this trend of vaccine refusal is going to be dangerous to all of us. especially when you anti vaccine people start passing this along and it mutates rendering our vaccines useless

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is pro-vaccine propaganda.

What they aren't telling you is that since the advent of a pertussis vaccination, a drug resistant strain has appeared that is more severe than the original:

topnews.net.nz...

Some researches claim the virus mutated 20 years ago, and vaccines have little or no effect. California has increased whooping cough vaccinations and 1/2 of the cases identified in 2010 HAD received a vaccine.

In 2010, nearly 1,000 adults and children with whooping cough symptoms tested positive for B. pertussis whooping cough, yet more than half of them had been vaccinated.

articles.mercola.com...

Meningitis and pneumonia are also getting stronger, developing resistance to vaccines..

We are over vaccinating and it will kill us in two ways:

1- The immune system does not build natural immunity and defense mechanisms against these diseases.

2- The diseases are evolving to become immune to the drug.

Don't buy in to the racketeering pharmaceutical companies - they just want your money and they don't care about your health. Stick with the basics when it comes to vaccinations.

edit on 14-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Tinker has it right.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Now I dont buy into the whole flu vaccine bs which is their money maker but I do believe that vaccines are very important for the things that dont mutate like the flu. I mean by this thinking they would be marketing HIV vaccines if the reason for vaccines were to only make money. I havent looked into the mutation of whooping cough will definetly check it out though thanks for the info

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm only against the preservatives that are put into the vaccines. I don't want any vaccine going into this body. I've had enough artifical crap in this body as it is. We have immune systems for a reason. All of us can be selfish as we all like. It's our body. I hate to bring this up, but realize that the elite wants the world population down to 500 million. So they'll do anything in their power to make people fear and take the poison instead of the cure.

So there's many ways to make the sheeple take a needle. Say that old diseases will spring up again. Until shortly after one decides to release it on purpose, to get media attention.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Inaccurate
There is always weak and strong. Vaccines tend to take out the weak and mid level stuff, but the strong often is uneffected.

Your not seeing it become stronger, your seeing what the vaccines have not been able to vaccinate against, and of course that has a greater chance of spreading with less competition from variants.

A different example
You have a net that sort of works opposite...it sifts out any small and medium fish, but the big fish escape because of it not being a perfect design...
that doesn't mean the little and medium fish are turning into big fish, it simply means your seeing only the end result of big fish escaping..

Your saying, ok..then stop using the net and the big fish will disappear..
no...that just means the little and medium fish will suddenly reappear.

Whats needed is a tweak of the vaccines in question to compensate for what its missing. (aka, fix the net)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
hate to bring this up, but realize that the elite wants the world population down to 500 million.

The elite want the pop to become 500m. gotcha -shakes fist at "the elite"-

So, when did they come up with this evil plan then? back when the population was 2 billion? 4? 6? 7?

Gotta say, they are doing a pretty crap job at it. If I wanted to remove people from the world, I would tell them to stop getting vaccinated. heh

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I heard that the elite don't want you to figure out how you gain biotic powers if you toss a plugged in toaster in your bathtub while taking a bath. They say you will die from electricity
pfft, right...the body is made up of energy..they are clearly just trying to stop us from gaining our magic by confusing us!

Because..you know...the georgia guidestones n stuff.

____
Disclaimer: If you think this is real and toss a plugged in toaster while taking a bath..well, meh, no big loss I guess. critical thinking isn't your strong suit...but don't do it anyhow as it may lead to power shortages in your house (due to you being electrocuted to death) and will break the toaster also...which actually is a waste

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I let nature take it's course. It's survival of the fittest at best. As explained in your previous post Saturn.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
BS it's all Prop., My son got the vaccine and still got whooping cough!

Keep damaging your immune system with these vaccines and you'll end up getting every disease you can think of.

Just like Antibiotics - keep using them till they don't work any more.

Good Luck - as for me - I'm keeping my immune system intact.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
This is pro-vaccine propaganda.

What they aren't telling you is that since the advent of a pertussis vaccination, a drug resistant strain has appeared that is more severe than the original:

topnews.net.nz...

Some researches claim the virus mutated 20 years ago, and vaccines have little or no effect. California has increased whooping cough vaccinations and 1/2 of the cases identified in 2010 HAD received a vaccine.

In 2010, nearly 1,000 adults and children with whooping cough symptoms tested positive for B. pertussis whooping cough, yet more than half of them had been vaccinated.

articles.mercola.com...

Meningitis and pneumonia are also getting stronger, developing resistance to vaccines..

We are over vaccinating and it will kill us in two ways:

1- The immune system does not build natural immunity and defense mechanisms against these diseases.

2- The diseases are evolving to become immune to the drug.

Don't buy in to the racketeering pharmaceutical companies - they just want your money and they don't care about your health. Stick with the basics when it comes to vaccinations.

edit on 14-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

i flagged this thread FOR YOU.

vaccines are EVIL. peace.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So, if you don't get vaccinated, you have a higher chance of contacting whooping cough.

However, if you do get vaccinated, you have a higher chance of suffering from autism and various neurological ailments.

I think I'd take my chances with whooping cough. Notice how the fact that pesticides, toxins, hormones and poisons in our food supply, which weaken ones immune system are not brought up in these studies. A strong immune system is the healthiest way to combat sickness and disease.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Rather than vaccines - they should concentrate on treating the disease for those who do acquire it and are unable to fight it through their own immune systems.

Also - there is nothing selfish about those who choose not to have vaccines. If they work in protecting those who do then what's the problem??? They won't be able to catch it - they're vaccinated. So that argument is dead in the water.

edit on 14-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
[...] I believe vaccines are good [...]

A proponent of soft-kill neurodegenerative compounds entitling his/herself with an alias that reads "lobotmizemecapin"?

What an epic exhibition of irony.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Now I dont buy into the whole flu vaccine bs which is their money maker but I do believe that vaccines are very important for the things that dont mutate like the flu. I mean by this thinking they would be marketing HIV vaccines if the reason for vaccines were to only make money. I havent looked into the mutation of whooping cough will definetly check it out though thanks for the info

Flu mutates too..

And to Saturn FX.. Read the literature. It is definitely mutating/evolving to become vaccine resistant. Not just these that I've mentioned but many more.

I think children should get a full blood test for disease and heavy metals before ANY vaccines are administered. Researchers are starting to believe that autism, other spectrum disorders and learning disabilities might be caused by heavy metals in the body exceeding the amount that these little bodies can handle. I don't think vaccines are inherently bad, but we should look for alternates other than aluminum and thimerisol (sp?) and the pharmaceutical industry should re-evaluate vaccine schedules.

As I said, some vaccines have done a lot for humanity, others seem to be unnecessary and there for the sake of profit alone. You have to research and make a decision for yourself and your family.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I know the flu mutates I said for things that do not mutate like the flue. As in things that do not mutate like the flu does

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

[...] I believe vaccines are good [...]

A proponent of soft-kill neurodegenerative compounds entitling his/herself with an alias that reads "lobotmizemecapin"?

What an epic exhibition of irony.

HAHAHA that is pretty funny when looked at like that. But i dont believe vaccines cause brain damage. Anyway the sn is in regards to how there are days I wish I didnt have to think and could just zombie shuffle along with the rest of the sheep in blind ignorance.

top topics

join