It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor 2 "completely liquified"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This cannot be good.

enenews.com... -video

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

video description? At work and cannot watch vid...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What if they just put an enormous lead wall around, above, and below the plant? I know nothing about the topic so that probably sounds completely stupid. It'd be expensive, but if it would save the world then what the hell, gotta do something.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by faint1993
What if they just put an enormous lead wall around, above, and below the plant? I know nothing about the topic so that probably sounds completely stupid. It'd be expensive, but if it would save the world then what the hell, gotta do something.
the liquid would seep through lead like nothing,regardless of the thickness.besides,leads melting point is quite low.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I think it may be because other "idiots" want people to post 9 pages of what is essentially already posted in the link...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you ve been fowling this accident at all, then you would know that this was already know very long ago. In June 2011 tepco announced this them selves. The messed up thing is that they knew with in a couple of days that there was 100% core melt but didnt tell any one. The lead wall Idea? This complex is twice the size of the Great Pyramid of Egypt it would be totally impractical and maby even impossible yo build a box out of lead that's that big. The Damage is already done(but could get much worse).

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123

Originally posted by faint1993
the liquid would seep through lead like nothing,regardless of the thickness.besides,leads melting point is quite low.

Your not dealing with heat any more the fuel is most likely still relatively hot but the main concern radiation and radioactive Isotopes escaping.
edit on 14-5-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There isn't much confidence in maintaining the other units 3 and 4, if unit 2 experienced a full liquidation. Containment isn't an option anymore...Evacuation might be imminent

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
TPTB might want to depopulate the planet anyway. This might do it.

The plutonium involved might ruin plans for bunker survival.

--------------------

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

Like I said in the post before this situation is still ongoing and could become multiple of magnitudes wost. You have 4 spent fuel pools wich contain up to 5years worth of spent nuclear fuel in them (#4 has a cores worth of unspent fuel) and are all on the verge of collapse so there still is a very good reason to maintain all of these buildings.
edit on 14-5-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is a link to the entire audio interview with Dr. Kaku which I think is important to get the entire picture of the snippet in the OP's linked source. I've just now started listening to this myself so I have no detalls on it just yet... but thought others may be interested in listening to it as well.

Reactor 2 interview with Michio Kaku

Thanks to Kali74 for providing me with this link to the entire interview

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A antinuke website at it's finest with no real proof. A Physicist friend of mine from a local nuke plant says "dang I'm outta beer"

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
A antinuke website at it's finest with no real proof. A Physicist friend of mine from a local nuke plant says "dang I'm outta beer"

A uneducated person at its finest talking about a subject that they have no knowledge in and gets their information from a single biased source.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So where is the liquified fuel now? Did it melt its way through the containment and into the ground below?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Only tepco really knows. They said that the fuel melted threw the reactor pressure vessel and only 20cm of concrete of the containment, But they are know for low balling numbers or out right ling about them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join