It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU AT LAST?? Brazilian Astronomer claims have found rogue planet hidden behind Neptune.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

It's all one verse (the fifth tablet). It's about the creation of the heavens.
That you wish to cherry pick it demonstrates how your "outside the box" thinking works.

edit on 5/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Why anyone on ats can claim there is no nibiru or planet that enters our solar system....is beyond me. We might not ever see it in our life time but the reality of it actually happening is gaining strength as we speak. I whole heartedly believe this can happen and will!! For a race that once thought the planet was flat...we sure as Hell can't rule out a planet entering our solor system. We don't know that much about space. Anything is possible.

Lightmeup04

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"floated over from another solar system"

Is he crazy? Does he know how far away the closest solar system is?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

It's true a rogue planet could show up. A one shot deal. But the chances are astronomical that it would happen and that is not what is being discussed here.

It is not true that a planet can periodically enter the inner Solar System. Any such planet would leave evidence of itself in the orbits of the other planets.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

4 light years or so.
But he doesn't say when it may have begun its journey or when it may have arrived at its new home. The Galaxy has been here for a very long time.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So you are telling me there is a definitive answer or proof of how our moon was formed? Or in fact why every single other planet and their moons formed? How do you know there is no proof of any other celestial body entering our solor system? And how do you know one was not formed in our solor system....left and hasn't come back? Hell we don't even know when a 13 meter asteroid is zipping past us until the day before it happens. Also I don't believe anyone has translated any sumerian tablets correctly or how old they really are.

Lightmeup04

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
S & F

I saw this on the MSM also, and I really believe that that the Ancient Alien- Nibiru nay sayers are simply out-done. They would love nothing more than to debunk the Ancient Alien theory because:

1. They are religious...the claim that gods and angles are tangible, extraterrestrials who are not 'watching them over them, and making things happen on their behalf. This poses insecurity, and it makes them realize that they have to be responsible, as there is no 'god' that loves them and will be them in the afterlife. They feel ashamed that religion has fooled them, and its scary to think that they're deceased loved ones are simply gone.

2. They are the 'hard-core' atheists.....the claim that there are beings more advanced than humans is intimidating to them. Not only do they have to consider the bible as a true document, they have to acknowledge that humans are most intelligent or the most advanced. They cringe at the term 'god', because it shows humanity's inferiority. The Ancient Alien theory forces these atheists to accept their true perspective place in the universe.

On the bright side, you have a few very intelligent people like you and me, who have no problem with accepting the fact that the truth lies in the middle of this religion/science spectrum.

edit on 14-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

An astronomer at the National Observatory of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro, named Rodney Gomes (mark this name, he may be making history), affirms he found a rogue planet hidden behind Neptune, that by his calculations could just fit in the depictions of NIBIRU.

Actually you may want to read more than one article about something, because this I found interesting...

Gomes speculates that the mystery object could be a rogue planet that was kicked out of its own star system and later captured by the sun's gravity. (See "'Nomad' Planets More Common Than Thought, May Orbit Black Holes.")

Or the putative planet could have formed closer to our sun, only to be cast outward by gravitational encounters with other planets. However, actually finding such a world would be a challenge. To begin with, the planet might be pretty dim. Also, Gomes's simulations don't give astronomers any clue as to where to point their telescopes—"it can be anywhere," he said.

No Smoking Gun

Other astronomers are intrigued but say they'll want a lot more proof before they're willing to agree that the solar system—again—has nine planets. (Also see "Record Nine-Planet Star System Discovered?")

"Obviously, finding another planet in the solar system is a big deal," said Rory Barnes, an astronomer at the University of Washington. But, he added, "I don't think he really has any evidence that suggests it is out there."

Instead, he added, Gomes "has laid out a way to determine how such a planet could sculpt parts of our solar system. So while, yes, the evidence doesn't exist yet, I thought the bigger point was that he showed us that there are ways to find that evidence."

Douglas Hamilton, an astronomer from the University of Maryland, agrees that the new findings are far from definitive. "What he showed in his probability arguments is that it's slightly more likely. He doesn't have a smoking gun yet."

And Hal Levison, an astronomer at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado, says he isn't sure what to make of Gomes's finding. "It seems surprising to me that a [solar] companion as small as Neptune could have the effect he sees," Levison said.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Sorry, but a little research is a good thing.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

No definitive answer and I don't know what the formation of the Moon has to do with it but there is very strong evidence that it formed at about the same time as the rest of the Solar System. The most likely scenario is that it formed as a result of a collision with another body soon after the formation of the Earth, about 4.5 billion years ago.

There is no reason to think that the formation of the other planets is any different or that their moons come from anywhere else than the Solar System.

There is no evidence (and therefore no proof) that any body has entered the Solar System from outside of it.

There is evidence that large bodies may have left the Solar System soon after its formation.

A 13 meter asteroid is very difficult to see. I'm surprised it was found at all.

If you don't believe anyone has translated any Sumerian tablets correctly what's the point of talking about them at all?

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I live on Earth, not in "Phageland" so I don't need your authorization to think the way I want.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You forgot #3: They are members of secret societies with close ties to government and military institutions committed to keep any information about extraterrestrial civilizations, classified and hidden from the public, therefore they work hard to prevent anything that contributes to a disclosure.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Feel free to attempt to fit whatever round pegs you wish into the square hole of your belief in Nibiru. No matter how hard you pound them, they still won't fit any better than the hypothesis of Gomes.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Why they still won't go??

Because, as pointed out, they have nothing to do with a planet which periodically enters the inner Solar System. As much as you wish they did, they don't.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by ButterCookie

You forgot #3: They are members of secret societies with close ties to government and military institutions committed to keep any information about extraterrestrial civilizations, classified and hidden from the public, therefore they work hard to prevent anything that contributes to a disclosure.

You're forgetting #4. People who don't fall for what you're pushing. Try explaining the difference between Sitchin and Gomes regarding both the orbital period and location in the solar system of the hypothetical nibiru.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's true a rogue planet could show up. A one shot deal. But the chances are astronomical that it would happen and that is not what is being discussed here.

It is not true that a planet can periodically enter the inner Solar System. Any such planet would leave evidence of itself in the orbits of the other planets.

i could be way off, but i remember reading that our solar system with one star was actually less common than solar systems with two stars and have planets that do orbit both stars?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

For our galactic neighborhood single star systems are the norm. Also, a companion star would be very apparent. Yellow dwarfs that have a companion almost always have another yellow dwarf as its companion. I don't have a link to the article handy but I know Phage does.
edit on 5/14/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What we know is that all celestial objects adhere to Newtonian physics. As a result we can make extremely accurate models of what would occur if a planet entered the inner solar system every 3600 years. First, an eccentric orbit such as the one proposed for Nibiru would be impossible to maintain for any extended period of time. Second, despite that, we also know that if such a planet existed it would throw the orbits of the known planets into chaos. There would be no way that they would be as stable as they are. There's a reason that every hypothetical planet has a proposed orbit that never enters the inner solar system. It would be physically impossible.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My point exactly...its all speculation. There is no concrete proof of how or why anything has formed in our solar system. And as far as any ancient writings go...who said what they mean and how old? We talk about them because in some way everyone wants to think they know whats being portrayed. How do we know the majority of supposedly older writings on stone...weren't made 50 years, 10 years ago? The thing is we don't. We are just supposed to believe what we are told about them. So coming full circle...someone believing a planetary sized object may come into our solar system on an orbit has just about as much merit as you telling me or any other scientist telling me there is no proof of it ever happening. No one knows that.

Lightmeup04

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightmeup04
reply to post by Phage

My point exactly...its all speculation. There is no concrete proof of how or why anything has formed in our solar system. And as far as any ancient writings go...who said what they mean and how old? We talk about them because in some way everyone wants to think they know whats being portrayed. How do we know the majority of supposedly older writings on stone...weren't made 50 years, 10 years ago? The thing is we don't. We are just supposed to believe what we are told about them. So coming full circle...someone believing a planetary sized object may come into our solar system on an orbit has just about as much merit as you telling me or any other scientist telling me there is no proof of it ever happening. No one knows that.

Lightmeup04

Except that we DO know how Orbital Mechanics work. That's not speculation. That's physics.
We DO know how the orbits of the objects in our solar system works. We are able to show from direct observation that we know how their orbital periods work, and where they have been, and where they will go.

You can't just throw in another planet without it affect the orbits of all the others. It's called Gravitation. And these are not really theories, because we can directly observe them.

If a planet sized object were to periodically enter into our solar system, it would greatly disturb the orbits of the planets around the sun. Especially if it did this every 3,600 years, 10,000 years, or 55, 000 years. It would make the orbits into a mucking mess.

And that's IF it's massive enough. Something only 4 times Earth's size or smaller, and it would be gobbled up by the gas giants in the outer solar system quite easily, either captured, shattered, or just flung back out from our system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join