It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: JPMorgan Is ‘One of the Best-Managed Banks’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have all that data as been part of the market data thread, but like I said in my last post, people for ever will be dreaming about the" Saviour" that will take them from the financial oblivion

The government data is the most sugar coated, corrupted and misleading but many just put on their colored glasses and keep drinking the koolaid.

Remember Bush when he used to come live on TV and tell the people that the nations economy was fine and that our nation was prosperous, well I guess when 2008 market crash happen thanks to the ones like JP Morgan scam people still could not shed the glass colored glasses.

Great post.

You are another one Marg. It is not about dreaming about a savior, it is about
picking ourselves up and getting on with it. With your efforts, hopefully politicians
will come into power who will eliminate all accounting and regulation on multi national
banking in America
which is subsequently the policy of the people pushing the negative
meme in politics right now, just like you, Marg.

Terrify the public, so the real saviors can come in and FREE the banks (again)

Keep up the good work Marg, never mind the good indicators, we need to burry Glass Steagall
even deeper so keep up the pity party

One day I hope you see how you are played all the same, if you can see from up there
on your horse.

edit on 15-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well aren't they the best managed bank? They certainly the biggest bank and have the most assets. They certainly didn't get that from being the worst managed bank.... Obama was being more or less sarcastic. Saying they're the best managed bank and the still lost 2 billion dollars. I don't know how to spell it but it's called the Volcker rule.
That's what our trusted government wants.

mobile.reuters.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You've gone off topic quite a bit! What is it that you want. You obviously hate Obama.
And you hate banks. So.... Are you a nyilist? I mean seriously?? What's your plan for this country?
What would you do to make it better. No government? And then what, anarchy and everyone's like we need government. All I'm saying is that all I see from you is anti obama. I have yet to hear you suggest another idea
To make our country better. You're a modern day witch hunter!!!! No answers so we shall hang this person

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Let me tell you something buddy. First of all I'm not about keeping America down, I spent 16 years of my life serving this country and have witnessed the hypocrisy and tyranny of our politicians first hand while out fighting to "protect" our country (which is really just code for spreading the politicians tyranny). Hell I took 3 bullets and lost my right eye defending this nation so don't ever spew a bunch of cease out of your mouth about how I want to keep America down. As I said, its people like you and the corrupt bastards in DC that you support that are bringing this nation down with their exponentially growing regulations and laws that only serve to deny personal freedoms and individual and property rights.

I don't have to "pick myself up either, I work a job that pays very well, am financially secure because I didn't buy into TPTB's wallstreet investment scheme, and have been alive long enough to remember America when it actually stood for individual liberty and individual pursuit of your own destiny.

Our nation is so far from its founding ideals and principles that our founding fathers wouldn't recognize it and would flee to England in a heartbeat. No it is people like you who believe anything a politician says that is keeping America down.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What's interesting to me is how Romney had ties to the Bernie Madoff scandle and Obama has ties to JP Morgan and Solyndra.. Doesn't anyone see a pattern of schemes that are stealing the publics money?? How much did Obama get out of this 2 billion dollar loss?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You know , I been around here a long, long time, I have seen posters come and go, I seen their point of view and see some that comes here with agendas, while others are here with honest interest in how they see and view our nation.

It is a reason why I am still here after so many years and I will still be here long after many be done and gone.

Is all about the truth, unadulterated and free, my friend. You can take information and do whatever you want with it, but facts and statistics is one thing that can either be manipulated or be used for somebody else advantage and it goes both ways specially during election year when everything is just peachy for the ruling party.

If life could just be that simple.
For those that work analysing data it is not easy and simple.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
What's interesting to me is how Romney had ties to the Bernie Madoff scandle and Obama has ties to JP Morgan and Solyndra.. Doesn't anyone see a pattern of schemes that are stealing the publics money?? How much did Obama get out of this 2 billion dollar loss?

I notice a pattern, they are all crooks and all in league together to oppress us and steal our money and liberty. This is why I call them Republicrats and Democans, they are all in the same big group club of crooks that we call politicians.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I add a littler more spice to it too, I call them like you Republic-rats and Demo-craps, our government is nothing but a bunch of whores working for the pimps in private interest and our nations is run by a corporate dictatorship.

The founding fathers will be so proud of what our nation has become specially when one of the biggest names like JP Morgan is part of those that created the Federal Reserve America has not bee for the American people since the Fed was created.

BTW my husband is a retired Marine he served during desert shield and desert storm now works as a defense contractor for one of the big names.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Does any of that change the fact that you are choosing to promote negative data
and then ignoring the positive data??? You claim that you are against politicians,
yet you sound like half the politicians, EXACTLY. So you claim you are apolitical
while you also advancing a VERY politicized narrative. Which makes me wonder if
you are A; VERY politically biased (which I am, while you claim you are not) or
B; you are just a useful tool who advances the political agenda by proxy of what you
choose to buy into...

Does this country have a long way to go, YES

Is it still on the edge of the cliff we were on in OCTOBER 08, NO

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Obama worth as much as $10 million

He has a hefty stake in JP Morgan Chase, the megabank that just made a bad $2 billion bet. Obama has an account worth between $500,000 and $1 million.

content.usatoday.com...

That dude is as crooked as they come!

What a conflict of interest there.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Obama worth as much as $10 million

He has a hefty stake in JP Morgan Chase, the megabank that just made a bad $2 billion bet. Obama has an account worth between $500,000 and $1 million.

content.usatoday.com...

That dude is as crooked as they come!

What a conflict of interest there.

The link says between 2.2 and 9 million

Two years ago he was worth 1.7 million and he is still heavily invested in T Bills

How does that make him corrupt?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Well cause Cheney was corrupt because he held stock in Haliburton come on gotta live up to those standards that were set a decade ago,

What now there is a problem with that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Well cause Cheney was corrupt because he held stock in Haliburton come on gotta live up to those standards that were set a decade ago,

What now there is a problem with that?

uh - Haliburton was awarded government contracts that were awarded by the DOD
which DICK profited from due to his shares and his power to award the company with
new revenue streams.

Obama does not have appointees in the bank and he does not have the power to
award them contracts

apples and oranges Neo

Sorry, nice try though...

And does he have shares, a money market account... He does not have ownership
edit on 15-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ya know I've said a whole lot about Jamie Dimon over the past four years. From Bear Sterns, to Lehman, to the crash, but I have to give the Devil his due. One of your immediate underlings loses $2Billion in a matter of days harkening back to the stupidity of '08 and before, and the President of the United States gets on TV and Kisses your ass. That my friends is power.In '08 there were article saying Jamie Dimon was bank CEO of the year, I say the guy is so far Bankster of the Century.

Since Jon Corzine is pretty much disgraced enough (though not indicted) to no longer be considered a possible Secretary of the Treasury in an Obama second term, I've heard Dimon's name tossed about a few times as a replacement for Timmay.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

award them contracts.

You are right, instead he just awards them bailouts. Call it contracts, call it bailouts, call it what ever you want its still a conflict. Just as Cheney being involved was wrong, so is Obama.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

award them contracts.

You are right, instead he just awards them bailouts. Call it contracts, call it bailouts, call it what ever you want its still a conflict. Just as Cheney being involved was wrong, so is Obama.

You can't have it both ways.

Did he Bailout JPMorgan???

If he has common stock he just took a 11% bath - did he announce a bailout?

I fail to see how the two things are even close.

Obama has his money in a financial institution that just made a bad move

Cheney had partial ownership in a company that was awarded contracts by
people who Cheney manages at the DOD.

It is things like this that make me want to argue with you... If you don't like dishonest
politicians, you shouldn't put present arguments that would make some politicians feel cheap.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Uhmmm, yes JP Morgan received $936 million in tarp funds from the.federal government. Specifically the US Dept of Treasury which happens to be part of the Executive Branch.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is an example of Obama's "support". The Mortgage Relief Plan.

On the surface it is a "good thing" for the public.

Underneath, banks like JPM will benefit more than average people.
(and not all that many "people" either !)

Article from March 06, 2012

Under guise of helping homeowners, president Obama has finalized his plan to further aid banks. Please consider Obama's alleged Mortgage Relief Plan.

The White House on Tuesday announced it was cutting the mortgage fees charged by the Federal Housing Administration’s refinancing program in another effort to help the languishing housing market recover.

An estimated 2 million to 3 million FHA borrowers will be eligible to benefit from the revamped program, the White House said in a statement.

Broadly Positive For Whom?

Contrary to the opinions of Seiberg, this plan will not be "broadly positive" for housing and the economy any more than numerous other misguided attempts purported to do the same thing, all of which failed at their stated intent.

Throwing more taxpayer money down the drain will of course be "broadly positive" for big banks that will see income rise.

Indeed, much of the rally in bank shares this year has been in regards to "broadly positive" measures by the administration and the Fed purposely designed to bailout banks in contrast to stated reasons.

Moreover, the plan is sure to be "broadly positive" for Obama's reelection chances, and "broadly negative" for taxpayers who will no doubt end up footing the bill, perhaps in more ways than one.

Obama Unveils New JP Morgan, Wells Fargo Bailout Plan, Disguised As Mortgage Relief

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Uhmmm, yes JP Morgan received $936 million in tarp funds from the.federal government. Specifically the US Dept of Treasury which happens to be part of the Executive Branch.

Ummm Yes TARP was signed october 3rd 2008, Obama wasn't even elected yet dude...

See what you keep doing? You just run with the lies you make up, are still able to see that
as a human being??? Or are you completely washed over?

Anyone can type hyperbolic statements, that doesn't make them true sorry to say...
edit on 16-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Here is an example of Obama's "support". The Mortgage Relief Plan.

On the surface it is a "good thing" for the public.

Underneath, banks like JPM will benefit more than average people.
(and not all that many "people" either !)

Article from March 06, 2012

Under guise of helping homeowners, president Obama has finalized his plan to further aid banks. Please consider Obama's alleged Mortgage Relief Plan.

The White House on Tuesday announced it was cutting the mortgage fees charged by the Federal Housing Administration’s refinancing program in another effort to help the languishing housing market recover.

An estimated 2 million to 3 million FHA borrowers will be eligible to benefit from the revamped program, the White House said in a statement.

Broadly Positive For Whom?

Contrary to the opinions of Seiberg, this plan will not be "broadly positive" for housing and the economy any more than numerous other misguided attempts purported to do the same thing, all of which failed at their stated intent.

Throwing more taxpayer money down the drain will of course be "broadly positive" for big banks that will see income rise.

Indeed, much of the rally in bank shares this year has been in regards to "broadly positive" measures by the administration and the Fed purposely designed to bailout banks in contrast to stated reasons.

Moreover, the plan is sure to be "broadly positive" for Obama's reelection chances, and "broadly negative" for taxpayers who will no doubt end up footing the bill, perhaps in more ways than one.

Obama Unveils New JP Morgan, Wells Fargo Bailout Plan, Disguised As Mortgage Relief

So American citizens getting lower mortgage rates is bad for them?

What is wrong with you guys?

Really... You are what is wrong with this country, specifically your brains...

We are Fukushima-ed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join