It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Ken Bigley Seen in New Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ken Bigley, the British engineer that is currently being held hostage in Iraq, was seen in a new video yesterday, pleading for his life. This latest video shows Bigley sitting in a steel cage, and his hand and feet chained. Bigley made further pleas to Tony Blair, but is now stating that the terrorist do not want to take his life; however, the two Americans that were taken hostage at the same time as Bigley, have already been killed. Is Bigley simply being held to change British foreign policy?

Guardian - Caged and chained, Bigley makes new plea
Ken Bigley, the British engineer who has been held hostage in Iraq for two weeks, appeared in chains on a video last night begging for his life but saying for the first time that his kidnappers did not want to kill him.
Mr Bigley, 62, appeared haggard but unhurt. He frequently broke down and sobbed as he spoke, at times grasping his head in his hand.

"My captors don't want to kill me," he said. But moments later he added: "I am begging you for my life. Have some compassion. Please." There was no way of verifying when the video was taken, but his family took it as proof that Mr Bigley was still alive.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Tony Blair is under great pressure right now from the Labor Party to withdraw the troops in Iraq, and it is possible that they could soon vote to withdraw the troops. Could it be that the terrorist are holding Bigley as a way to exert pressure on Blair, and Britain as a whole. The two American hostages were killed rather quickly, but there seems to be an underlying reason why Bigley remains alive.

Why would the terrorist put on such a show and go to the trouble of making and releasing the videos, if not for political reasons? If their objective was simply to kill foreigners, Bigley would already be dead. What we are seeing is another attempt to influence the political system of a U.S. ally. Although this is not the same scale as the Madrid train bombing, the objective appears to be the same.

Related ATS Discussions:
Video/Photos of Bigley in an iron cage begs Blair to save his life

[edit on 30-9-2004 by dbates]

join