It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian rapper draws Shi'ite wrath, death bounty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Iranian rapper draws Shi'ite wrath, death bounty

en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com

An Iranian rapper living in Germany has a $100,000 bounty on his head after an Islamist website offered a reward for anyone who kills him over a song that satirises the Islamic Republic and irreverently addresses a historic religious figure.

The Iranian news and religion website Shia-Online.ir said hip-hop star Shahin Najafi deserved to die for a song which it said "grossly insulted" Ali al-Hadi al-Naqi, one of the 12 imams, ......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Religion of Peace...yeah.....right!

Sorry to all those folk who genuinely believe that Islam is a force for peace and good and all that, but there's just too much contradictory rubbish coming out of the Mid East to support that as a holistic viewpoint.

It is not just that there are nutcases - all religions have them just witness the Phelps for example (and not just religions - political movements, conspiracy theories, train spotters, almost anything....) - it is that Islam actually allows....and even encourages....extremist stuff like this.

en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They need Pandora, you know....create your own station.

I was listening some clips of this guy on youtube, the music is nice but got no clue what is he saying. (better don't post his videos).
edit on 14-5-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The fanatical Islamists might do better to post bounties on people that re not liked, maybe people that are actually hated if they want to get results and have their offers taken seriously. Say maybe international bankers, politicians, etc. meaning anyone who pisses off large numbers with no concern. LOL

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

Great x-ian understanding and tolerance there

the only thing that stops x-ianity being just as bad is that the x-ian bible doesn't actually tell anyone to kill anyone else. Of course plenty of x-ians do tell people that....and the old testament does - but the actual x-ian part doesn't.

I never figured it out - if x-ians want to follow old-testament stuff like burning gays, why do they pick and choose which to follow - who said they can do that? why are most of them happy to eat lobster - which is just as much an abomination, or wearing clothes made of 2 fabrics, or having meat and milk on the same table, or eathing pork and bacon?? sorry....religious hypocrisy persists me off but I'm getting OT in my own thread.....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well it may or may not interest people to know, but take a guess who is in the middle of all this?

Yes, that is right, Israel... they have hidden the rapper

(whose music is absolutely disgustingly horrifyingly gross and insulting to our Imams (as) so many cuss words that no translation could ever be posted on this site)

But Israel has hidden the rapper, offered to move him to Israel and give him a home and sanctuary as a citizen of Israel, and he has accepted the offer, waiting for him to be transported

Makes you wonder.... makes you wonder.... he is now selling albums from all this publicity, and said he is very happy with what he said in his music... and of course happy for a new home in Israel

Of course their plan went according to plan.... the zionist agenda at work

you may go to ShiaOnline.ir to find out this information

It was Ayatollah Shirazi who called the rapper an apostate, he is NOT an Iranian Ayatollah but he is Iraqi, he has also sent lanat (cursing) upon Ayatollah Khamanei and called him an enemy of Islam (Khamanei is the leader of Iran)...Shirazi is considered an extreme version of Ayatollahs...

The Iranian leadership has not commented, but there have been protests in Iran and Iraq... individuals are asking for censorship of all websites that contain his music although the government has refused thus far to comply....

Iranian government is staying silent

The founder of the website who placed money for the rapper is also NOT Iranian, he is from the Gulf Arab states....I believe this is very important to note.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Jameela because: Making clear my words

To Add, some of the western news outlets are reporting that Ayatollah Lotfollah Safi Golpayegani also issued a fatwa, but I can find no fatwa on this, and no confirmation of any fatwa in existence from his office...Therefore, this part of the stories cannot be confirmed, the only fatwa I can find is from Ayatollah Shirazi office.

I also feel the need to point out, the news stories I am finding are all from BBC and other western news outlets in arabic and farsi language... I am not finding this story on any other source. I will look into this more later God willing.

But I had finals tests today and I am tired and need a meal and some quiet time, so I will be back after some resting and see what else I can find, God willing.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The issuing of fatwas is hurting the cause of Islam.

I'm a non-believer, but I believe free-speech should be allowed to all world citizens, no matter how racist.

There is a difference between action and speech.

You don't like someone's rap? Rap one back. Rap battle. Boom shackalacka and drop the mic. Don't call out a death threat. That makes you no better than a hot-headed thug.

EDIT: Don't blame Israel for wanting to keep him from being killed for words.
edit on 5/14/2012 by Anonymous404 because: added information

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
The issuing of fatwas is hurting the cause of Islam.

I'm a non-believer, but I believe free-speech should be allowed to all world citizens, no matter how racist.

There is a difference between action and speech.

You don't like someone's rap? Rap one back. Rap battle. Boom shackalacka and drop the mic. Don't call out a death threat. That makes you no better than a hot-headed thug.

EDIT: Don't blame Israel for wanting to keep him from being killed for words.

Israel does not care about freedom of speech... they care right now because this is an Iranian, they are looking for a fight and they want this to assist in a fight with Iran... which is wrong in my opinion with everything else going on, the man lives in Germany so why Israel come into this...

And you must know, Shirazi is famous for things he does, this is no different, it is typical Shirazi... he is against everything, including the WF.. Most of us let this type of thing from him go in one ear and out the other... he is seeking media attention more than likely...

Average Shia are offended but do not believe the fatwa should have been issued... the ones angry are more fundamental, and the man being Iranian knew what he was doing when he wrote and published songs such as this... He was born Muslim, he knew exactly, and this was a thing on purpose for publicity stunt.

besides, it is not like Rushdie ever died, it is more a political move than anything....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You're right. But I do know that Rushdie wasn't the only person ever killed or threatened for speaking out against Islam.

I was thinking more about Theo van Gogh anyhow. Killed for making a movie.
edit on 5/14/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You're right. But I do know that Rushdie wasn't the only person ever killed or threatened for speaking out against Islam.

He is the only one who was issued an actual fatwa from the top Ayatollahs (Shi'a faith) ever.... the only one, and that was because of the satanic verses.

The rest of people issuing fatawa were all from wahabi persons, extremists...

Comment on your edit...

That person was never issued a fatwa from any Shi'a Ayatollah! Not ever!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
sorry double post

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, a Fatwa seems to be an extremist idea anyhow.

But, there were/are an awful lot of them issued.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also en.wikipedia.org...

And while I understand that the Sunni believe they are only opinions and are not binding, some do take them seriously.
edit on 5/14/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well, a Fatwa seems to be an extremist idea anyhow.

But, there were/are an awful lot of them issued.

en.wikipedia.org...

You Realize only ONE fatawa on that page came from Shi'a Ayatollah??

One! That was Rushdie, all the rest were from the sunni faith... it is two different peoples!

Do you understand that Shi'a are different beliefs and a different peoples?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Yes, and I feel like we're off topic now.

I still feel like a threat is a threat no matter what it's called or who issues it. Even if it is issued by someone outside of the Middle East, do some (not all, some) people not take it seriously?

I don't think there was a fatwa on Theo van Gough officially issued, but someone took it upon themselves to kill him.

I have a problem with religious rule of any state.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Yes, and I feel like we're off topic now.

I still feel like a threat is a threat no matter what it's called or who issues it. Even if it is issued by someone outside of the Middle East, do some (not all, some) people not take it seriously?

I don't think there was a fatwa on Theo van Gough officially issued, but someone took it upon themselves to kill him.

I have a problem with religious rule of any state.

the Rushdie case was taken very seriously, and no he is not considered 'safe' there is still a price on his head, and will be until his death, some would want this money definitely, some would want the fame...many would do it for free with no fame... that is very serious if he ever stepped foot inside the middle east again.

Would I personally kill the man, no.. but I know there exists people who would...

that said, this rapper, no... no fatwa would be taken seriously by the people, even with a price on his head by this UAE website owner..unless of course someone from another faith such as a wahabi did it for the money.. that might be possible, but this is the only possibility and a much less likely scenario.

While his music is offensive, it will never be considered enough to warrant his death... while a very few fundamental shi'a might be found to agree with a fatwa, they will not agree to it to the extent they would carry out any action personally... it was not THAT offense... not like the Rushdie case,

the most the Shi'a themselves (the people) are calling for is a ban to pages linked to his music, and a what do you call to refuse to participate in any service that hosts his music.

Shirazi likes to send lanat, and say many things.... but even his followers will not take this serious.

That said, if he ever did go back into Iran he would be arrested and tried for apostasy, but this rapper did not intend to go back, and he knew that would be the case when he did this.

.Although i must say, that he will be tried, which does not necessarily mean convicted. His side will be heard, he will have counsel to state his case... he rode a line so close, stayed on top of that line even, that he would have to be tried, but that line was such that he may be able to talk his way out of it... never know on that.. but Iran is a theocracy, and as such and with such a public display, they would have no choice but to arrest and try him according to the laws of the state.

.but this will not effect him entering or being safe in the Gulf states, he made a lot of friends among the wahabis I am sure... He will be perfectly safe anywhere in the world so long as he does not re-enter Iran.

No one will personally kill him for religious reasons the only possibility would be a poor person and that because of the UAE man.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Iran has got some issues to work out as much as i can't stand rap not going to kill them over it or put on death penalty on a christian preacher and getting ready to murder and Israeli "spy".

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

you posted before you read any of my postings, so far, there is no one inside Iran that has made any kind of fatwa on this rapper... thus far we have one UAE website owner, one Iraqi, and one Israeli government. (and a LOT of western media)

new topics

top topics

join