It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sudden deep depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm so down. started 4 days ago and has gotten worse and worse. last time I felt this low was in 08 so it's very rare for me. I'm always laughing and bubbly and such. I just feel so worthless and hopeless and nothing is making me laugh or cheer me up.

Any advice or anything? I hate feeling so black and dark and hopeless.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I'm so down. started 4 days ago and has gotten worse and worse. last time I felt this low was in 08 so it's very rare for me. I'm always laughing and bubbly and such. I just feel so worthless and hopeless and nothing is making me laugh or cheer me up.

Go outside... enjoy nature... have a walk in a forest...

Sit on a beach...

Climb a tree... find a playground and hit the swings...

Have a beer... or two

Why so low hun... life is what you make of it

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Try going through the 'post a funny pic' thread here on ATS - I always find myself laughing at something there.

Post a funny pic

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Something is worrying you, it's inside you, find it, write it, treat it.

It wont go away unles you find it.

This is a happy cat, it can make you happy by looking at it for a moment, keep that moment

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If this doesn't make you smile...

we'll just have to keep trying...

edit on 14-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Theres loads of stuff that can affect a ladies mood and it could be anything including a reformulation of something you've had for year but they've decided to change the ingredients and especially at work the airsprays you get to clear the smells in the toilets can be so full of crap its silly

but finding the culprit can be a real pain since its trial and error since it maybe 1 part domestic problem with 2 parts work based problem with the chemical's just topping it off

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'd go see your doctor.
There's nothing worse than being depressed. It really sucks all the joy out of life, and affects you physically too. It's just not worth putting up with.

On top of that though, take a moment to look at your life, and think about where you are, and what you're doing with your time. Are there things that make you happy that you've given up? Hobbies you've always wanted to pursue? Are you happy with your career? Are you spending too much time at work?

It's a good opportunity to think about the things that are really important to you, and make them a priority. Happiness doesn't always come easily, but it IS worth making changes for.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Stop running away from it, deal with it, there's no such thing that can break you, YOU ARE STRONGER.
I'll keep my positive thoughts in your direction

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Is there anything that's making you feel trapped? A psychologist once told me that many people become depressed when they feel that they are lacking choices.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

You are depressed because you are stuck. There was a decision you had to make a while back and you made it which cornered you into the predicament you are in. Day in and day out... same crap. Perseverance seems to be an exercise in futility and you feel like you live in an emotional bubble ready to burst. I imagine you have been spiritually dead now for about three months, as well.

Maybe you need a good reading and some direction.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I have had good success with 5HTP.

Listen to "up" music. Pray if you have faith in a higher power.
Avoid sources of negativity. Count your blessings when you go to bed.
Watch some funny you-tubes. I love watching the baby laughing and crazy cats videos.

It's hard to be down when you're listening to a baby crack up.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I would suggest a physical or at least a Dr. consult if it persists. The only reason Im suggesting that is that there are some illnesses....(I dont want to alarm you, but Ive got to at least in good faith ALERT you to them)...that are preceded by a feeling of impending doom or "depression" about everything. Of course we all get it sometimes with varying degrees...and true...some never do.

Rest, exercise, take care of yourself and look at the sky. Ever watch a bird for a few minutes? It has no cares, knows not who the President is, or what a bill is, or job, or anything else we stress about.

Try it...it works. And youre not alone. Remember Elton John said it best. "I guess that why they call it the blues. Time on my hands..."

God Bless

top topics

join