It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That October surprise is ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Word around the internet is that the 'October Surprise'
will be a news video of John Kerry burning and urinating
on the American flag. Apparently this video was taken
in the early 70's and was shown on all three major
news networks at the time (CBS/NBC/ABC). This video
should be in their news records, however a scan of them
doesn't show it. Did the liberal media, in their quest to
get John Kerry elected, purge their own files of this
news footage? There are people around here
(Wilmington, DE) in their late 40's who remember
watching TV and seeing the video of Kerry doing it, so
it really exhists.

Video of Con. Bob Dornan claiming to have filmed the incident:
www.columbustownhall.com...

Of course, there could be other surprises, but this one will
definately be a biggie ... the future president of the USA
burning and urinating on the flag? Not good for Kerry.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The sad truth is a video like you describe would probably make him even more popular with the democrats.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I did not see the event, but I remember my dad watching the news and getting upset about how American's were urinating on the flag and saying that they were urinating on all of us, especially those in the military. My Dad retired from the Navy. This would be a big hit on Kerry, but the Dems would claim that it was so long ago and does not matter.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
this is big news, even bigger if it holds to be true. This would definetly give Bush the shove he needs to topple the elections. If the dem's knew about this though, why would they even nominate kerry to run? i smell a bipartisan conspiracy to ensure bush gets the win

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have said all along that the Clintons are behind most of Kerry's stumbles. My thought process is that Hilary could not win in 04, to close to Hubby's problems, so the Clinton gang runs a guy with flaws and watch him fail. They have 4 more years to tear down Bush and Hilary runs in 08.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If there is a god Hllary will never run much less be elected.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So, people in their late 40's remember something from 40 years ago?

Surprising...that'd make them less than 10 years old...

And remembering John Kerry peeing on an American flag is quite a feat.

*edit:

Whoops, that's my bad. My math was a bit off. I knew my stuff looked fishy after I hit the "post" button.

Apologies.

Now, that's a bit more substantial. I'd like to see this video. That would make these people about as old as I am when this happened...a bit more substantial than an 8 year old claiming John Kerry did that.

[edit on 9-30-2004 by Loki]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
First off Loki the event would have taken place sometime in the early 70's, lot's of people are still alive from then who would remember this. You seem to think that ATS is only made up of the younger than 30 generation. I have assumed that there was a cross section of old and young here. Second, I never claimed to have seen Kerry do this. I remember my dad's reaction becasue he was just home from Vietnam and they way he came off the sofa that night while watching CBS news scared the hell out of me. I thought we had been invaded. My dad was a soft spoken man and I never saw the anger that he showed that night until then. It stood out. I have never made the connection between that incident and Kerry until today. I don't know that Kerry was involved, I just remember the reaction my dad had to viewing people buring and urinating on the flag. I remember it was CBS News because Walter Cronkite was the host and we always watched CBS for news. Not anymore though.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is really what we need. More unsubstantiated rumors put forth by the conservitave propaganda machine. People, please dont believe this untill you see the tape, otherwise you are being the sheeple that the republicans want us all to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm a couple of years older than either Kerry or Bush, and I have been an inveterate newswatcher ever since we moved to the States in 1961 and I first saw TV.

Kerry was well-known then, because of VVAW. As a veteran myself, I would've known about it. It's all bogus.

But given the ongoing background of ex-Rep Dornan ("B-1 Bob"), I'm not surprised to see that comng from him.

Dornan was the David Icke of right-wing politics when David Ickes was still mentally competent.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think the October surprise will be the release of hostages in Iraq (after Bush sells them weapons for the hostages, then uses the money to fund the rebels against democratically elected President Chavez of Venezuela)

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That Karl Rove is gay, and since he is pushing the Anti Gay agenda it will cause all sorts of unrest within the republican party.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
This is really what we need. More unsubstantiated rumors put forth by the conservitave propaganda machine. People, please dont believe this untill you see the tape, otherwise you are being the sheeple that the republicans want us all to be.

I didn't post this as a fact. I posted it to alert the conspiracy
folks here who were wondering about what the 'October Surprise'
is. There is a lot of chatter on the internet about this 'October Surprise'.
The video of Kerry peeing on the American flag after burning
it up is what they think it will be. It's just speculation.

50+ year old people remember him doing it. It was on the news
(CBS/NBC/ABC). However, it can not be found by us in the news
archieves. So there seems to be a question .... IF this happened,
and many people say they remember it did, and IF this tape comes
to light in October as the October Surprise .... why is it no longer
in the CBS/NBC/ABC news archieves. They store everything forever.

My opinion - there is NO OCTOBER SURPRISE. It's just a rumor that
there will be one. I betchya' there really IS a tape of Kerry peeing
on the flag, but I don't think it's supposed to be an 'October
Surprise'.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I remember it was CBS News because Walter Cronkite was the host and we always watched CBS for news.

You would think that this would be easy to track down in the
CBS news archieves. Where'd it go? Another obvious CBS
coverup? People remember it happening, so it should be there.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Though I heard the October surprise was a video of George Bush humping a goat.

I've talked to alot of people that say they saw it in the 70's circulating the snuff circuit of coked up frat boys, but I'm pretty sure corporate complicit media in their quest to get George Bush re-elected purged the footage.

Of course there could be other surprises and completely made up speculation about others, but this one is definitely going to be the biggie. George Bush humping a goat. I mean I heard about it. It's true. Definitely.

Here's a link. It's an artist's rendition of a goat sponsored by the state of Texas: www.tsl.state.tx.us...

Quite damning considering that could be the actual goat George Bush humped. Now, I'm not saying I saw it. I'm just saying. This is definitely true and you should tell all your friends. But should it never be proven that's just proof the media is complict to Republican goat humping. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You people have to understand the time where Kerry comes from. The US govt was hated by the youth for its continuation of the vietnam war, they didnt understand why they were there, the government sent thousands of young men to die, people who loved peace were made to fight by the government. The government continued to make things to destroy their fellow man with. The "peace" and hippie movements at the time were short-lived attempts to try and change society for the better. Young kids with bright futures were sent off to a far away land and came back in wheelchairs, with drug addictions or in coffins.

Even if Kerry did urinate on the flag, big deal! the government deserved it for its blunders in Vietnam and all those people who died for it. The United States commited horrible crimes in Vietnam and many soldiers who were forced into the conflict were war criminals as well. If you can't acknowledge this, it's as if saying the holocaust didnt happen.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thats no goat! Thats Teresa Heinz Kerry. I know its tough telling the difference - wait does that mean Bush and Teresa??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Now that is an October surprise. No, wait Teresa was busy saving South Africa and Mocambique during that period, this would explain where George W was during his awol. I guess this took place while Kerry was burning and urinating on the flag. Have we established which flag it was? Finally it all becomes clear.

American politics are so difficult to understand.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
John Kerry will announce his sex change operation so THK can officially be the butch

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well Rant, perhaps the real October surprise will be a film put out
by the Nadar people showing John Kerry AWOL from his Navy
Reserve duties after coming back from Vietnam (he was AWOL),
and G.W. AWOL from Alabama ... both having a grand ol' party
complete with goats and flags burning and kegs of beer. Two
rich boys from the Skull and Crossbones having a hedonistic
free for all. And the surprise will be that Nadar wins in a landslide.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Thats no goat! Thats Teresa Heinz Kerry. I know its tough telling the difference -

Terry Kerry has all that bushy wire hair, and strange face that
sticks out. She looks more like a rabid llama than a goat!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join