It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shared Dreaming Experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I remember that this was tried with some actual success a year or two ago here on ATS. Many members chose a real-world location and a date on which they would consciously decide to dream in a place and share it with members here. While we may not all be able to go lucid, if we in our waking time decide that we will dream this place on a certain date, at least some of us will be able to.

From there, if we are indeed able to connect our consciousnesses while asleep, our minds will fill in the gaps for the locations...hopefully some of the members who join in on this will end up having visited these in real life, making the details more "correct."

The first location will be Central Park in New York, New York, on the Great Lawn Softball Field #1 - hopefully some of you have been there.

Lat/Long: 40° 46' 53.05" N 73° 58' 4.46" W
Reference, map, and photo(s): www.panoramio.com...

Our first official date will be this coming Friday, the 18th, stretching into the night of Sunday the 19th to give everyone a chance to be in on this - arguably, time doesn't matter except to set boundaries for when we switch to a new target. You could potentially start trying to dream with everyone now - despite the future being in motion, people should be there.

Also, since worldwide members are here and time zones vary, I'd say that as long as we get a lot of people, there will always be at least one or two people out there for us to "connect" with via dreamland.

Feel free to bring any crazy, wacky, or nutty constructs you can think of to the dream world - remember, you can look like whoever and whatever you want to in the dream, from cartoons, celebrities, animals, to whatever crazy thing you can come up with, so if you're shy, just "be" something other than yourself!

To prepare, start consciously telling yourself at the very least before bed every evening (more ideally every hour or so) that you will be dreaming about/in the location. Feel free to look at pictures to make it a more real in your mind. Take notes of what you'll look like, what you'll do, and what the location makes you think of.

One week from today, Monday the 21st, we all need to recount our experiences if we're successful, and coordinate for the next experiment period. When you wake from each night in this experiment, take notes of the people you see, the things you see in the place, and the events going on.
edit on 14-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What you should be doing is posting a picture of a small room / place / garden / alley etc.

Then simply get everyone to focus on that small picture.

Geographical Lat Long is not important. People don't need to know the real XY coords.

The astral link will take the person to your place of rendevous automatically.

Are you going to show yourself as a 6ft giant penguin ?

edit on 14-5-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

I think it sounds like a very good idea. However, speaking for myself and probably most of the US citizens over here.. Havana, Cuba doesnt sound like a place 99.9% of us have been too
(I dont think we are allowed to go in there as US citizens)

Maybe you can pick a location within the US?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Changed - we'll use the Great Lawn Softball field #1 in NYC Central Park. See the top post for the lat/long, and a link to panoramio for photos and a map.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Count me in. Ill be there ! So I expect to see you as a penguin?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I'm juggling between that or going back on my childhood and being a character from TV of some kind...I may switch around.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So, anyone else in on this?

I haven't heard anything from anybody.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Interesting. I'm willing to give it a try, but I've never been to Central Park before. Could that cause a problem?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Shouldn't if this actually works...just look at pictures of central park, especially the target ball field..

I remain skeptical, but these are what I see as the possibilities:

(chance: slim) we connect and actually dream together

we all dream about something vaguely similar or spot on about central park, and our imaginations just fill in details with no connections between us

we all dream normally, with random dreams and normal recall, etc...
edit on 16-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm a lucid dreamer most of the time.

Look for me.... I'll have on something related to smiley faces.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Count me in also. Though it would be easier to specify the exact location at the park since it's a huge place. Perhaps near the water fountain or on the Bow Bridge?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
The first location will be Central Park in New York, New York, on the Great Lawn Softball Field #1 - hopefully some of you have been there.

We can choose the bridge if you'd rather.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. How about trying to interchange information in the dream. Perhaps we exchange some personal tidbits such as the city we live in or location of where we were born, etc...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Doesn't matter for me as long as everyone agrees on the same location.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

We will discuss that after becoming successful at being lucid and hopefully meeting at the location planned. A good idea would be to identify oneself as an ATS member once we meet one another. As an avid lucid dreamer I think this idea is definitely plausible if one truly intends and focuses on the goal. Spark up your imaginations and lets make this happen.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I don't remember my dreams at night. I only remember the ones when I sleep during the day. And I'd be in the NY time zone so I should take a nap on Saturday during the day?
edit on 16-5-2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Arguably, time shouldn't matter according to some schools of thought.

Otherwise, since we have multiple people participating, at least one other person should be sleeping at the same time? I bet we have a few lurkers here.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'll try it! Sounds like fun...

I have been there once. BIG place! I think we need to narrow it down....I think the bridge would be good!

I'll most likely look like myself....tallish woman with long brown hair. 40, but am told I look like my early 30s.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The place within the park is softball field #1...there's a lat/long and a picture in the top post, and you can find more pics all over the web. If in doubt, use whatever central park references you can think of, and fly to the field...you shouldn't really HAVE to know where any of this is or what it looks like, we should be able to just "think" ourselves together in the same general area.
edit on 17-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Fantastic idea OP.

If humans spent more time trying to connect with each other like this, maybe our world wouldn't be so messed up.

I will definitely give this a try.

I am not going to look at the location pictures

but what I will do is if this succeeds and i get a dream link, I will give details about the location i visited in my dream and see if it matches up with actual details of the location.

This sounds like a lot of fun. See you there! I will be trying to visit there starting tonight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join