It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul camp distances itself from state convention takeovers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In the wake of news of Ron Paul "takeovers" at state conventions, Paul campaign manager John Tate blasts out a statement condemning any "hostile takeover" attempts

Therefore, the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign condemns efforts to expand its influence in the Republican Party in Idaho and beyond when these activities are couched as vengeful, underhanded, or markedly distasteful.

Source

The blame is put squarely on the shoulders of the fanatic Ron Paul stereotypical supporter by the Ron Paul campaign itself days before he offically ended his campaigning.

There you have it from the horses mouthpiece. You Ron Paul supporters were on the verge of destroying any influence he may have gained within the GOP by the "vengeful, underhanded, or markedly distasteful" activities you were engaging in.

Talk about a trip behind the woodshed. It's about time Ron Paul distanced himself from his hateful bunch of followers and it was in a way that even gives someone like myself a reason to perhaps afford him an ounce of respect once again.
edit on 14-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: added source

edit on 14-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder what drives you to troll so hard.

The Idaho statement was written before AZ. Get your facts straight.

There are no hostile takeovers, keep in mind Ron Paul supporters being assaulted in both state convention states in OK and AZ

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I wonder what drives you to troll so hard.

The Idaho statement was written before AZ. Get your facts straight.

There are no hostile takeovers, keep in mind Ron Paul supporters being assaulted in both state convention states in OK and AZ

The hanwriting was on the wall for a long time and plain for you all to see and take heed of then. You failed to do so and continued the same antics in OK and AZ that you were officially admonished for. No wonder he suspended his campaigning, it was plain as day to him that he lost control with the outbreaks over the weekend.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I don't know much about the campaigns, but it didn't seem like your response dealt with the issues the OP raised. Maybe you were just getting the obvious stuff out of the way before dealing with the OP's points, "clearing away the brush" so to speak.

Would you mind explaining what you think the Paul campaign meant by that statement? It must have been in response to a real problem or they wouldn't have said anything. How widespread is the problem, in your view?

Oh, and I've also forgotten which state convention just occurred in which Romney's son was booed off the platform by Paul supporters. Do you happen to know?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Politics really bring out the "dirtbag" in everyone. I hate that the "race for president" goes on for so long now. It feels as if it's been an eternity, and all I ever hear from a TV (whenever I pass one) is something about "Romney this" or "Obama that" and everyone just eats it up.

Romney Romney Romney Romney. All the damn time. It got to the point of being untethered rage whenever I saw Romney's face or heard Romney's name. It was everything I could do to stay away from it all.

Dear God, this world is so binary, and it's people so stupid. Cherished are the days these people get to stand on the "other side", hissing and spitting at the other team. Ham it up, folks, it's your last chance.

So at least "someone" tried something "different". At least that person made a mark, and left a swamp of people in his wake that are now able to 'question everything'. Does Romney or Obama do that for you? I would think not. I don't recall, nor do I foresee a time, when either Romney or Obama will make me "question things".

Seems like a big pathetic charade, doesn't it.
edit on 14-5-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like tptb finally got to Ron Paul as well.
It was only a matter of time - wonder what they threatened him with...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Looks like tptb finally got to Ron Paul as well.
It was only a matter of time - wonder what they threatened him with...

The actions of his supporters were so bad his official campaign announcement had to condemn them, no boogeyman aka TPTB needed.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Looks like tptb finally got to Ron Paul as well. It was only a matter of time - wonder what they threatened him with...

Probably his remarks sharing concerns of a false flag event. Ron Paul is not quitting, he just ran out of funds to keep it going. As far as I can see is; He's still running, he just cannot campaign anymore.

The difference is; Romney doesn't need to campaign because the bought-out MSM does it all for him.

Ron Paul!
edit on 14-5-2012 by disfugured because: quote

edit on 14-5-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Therefore, the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign condemns efforts to expand its influence in the Republican Party in Idaho and beyond when these activities are couched as vengeful, underhanded, or markedly distasteful.

That says it right there. Ron Paul supporters have traditionally failed to see that their behavior is "vengeful, underhanded, and markedly distasteful." I did not participate this year, but last election I attended my State convention as a delegate, having worked my way through the caucus and county levels. What I saw there was a completely disruptive Ron Paul crowd. What did they do?

They had no regard for order in the convention. They heckled speakers. They interrupted. When they could have made their points calmly and in a mature manner, they yelled and shrieked. They attempted to dominate every aspect of the convention and yes, they tried to "take over." They have no regards for democracy at all. Their idea is to win no matter what people say. In Louisiana, for example, Paul won 6% of the primary vote, yet Paul supporters managed to garner over 50% of the delegates.

The fact is I really like Paul's domestic policies. I can't think of one I disagree with, but his supporters are his worst enemy. If Paul attracts supporters like this, both the ones I intracted with at the convention and on these boards, then I can't possibly support Paul. But if you dare to voice your opinion that does not overwhelmingly support Paul, you're accused of trolling and called names.

Look. It's Paul's own campaign staff that calls his supporters antics "vengeful, underhanded, or markedly distasteful." I find myself in complete agreement with Paul's own campaign staff. Would that his supporters could have gotten a clue before they wasted so much time and effort ruining their own candidate's chances.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Vengeful towards what, the establishment!?

Absolutely. You say it like its a bad thing...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You must keep in mind, what he means by "underhanded" strategy. The fear was that the Paul delegates would unbind the Idaho Delegates. Paul's campaign is about integrity. The fight goes on to win delegates at state conventions. In Nevada, they did not move to unbind delegates won by Romney in the primary. The Paul Campaign appears to be against unbinding delegates at the state level.

Davidson said Paulers are aiming to capture enough precinct committee posts to dominate county organization meetings after Tuesday's primary. There, Davidson said, they aim to elect two-thirds of the delegates to the June 22 State convention and move to suspend the rules and award Idaho's 32 delegates to Paul rather than Romney. Romney's victory was big enough to ensure him all 32 delegates.

“I’ll do the scorched earth if I have to,” Davidson told the Statesman last week.

In a training video, Davidson says, “If two-thirds of the delegates to the Idaho State Convention are Ron Paul supporters, they can vote to suspend the rules, overturn the results of the caucus and award all the national delegates to Ron Paul."

Idaho Statesman

This article is what spurred the contention;however, they got it wrong about what Tate said. Tate did say what the op quoted. Tate's statement is posted at Ron Paul's Campaign Site
edit on 14-5-2012 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I won’t attempt to defend Romney (hard to do) but I must admit that the actions of many Paul supporters are what turned me off of RP completely (much like the actions of many turned me off of OWS).

I just don’t see how I can get behind a guy (RP) who attracts so many bottom feeders. Although it’s refreshing that even the Paul campaign is denouncing some of these loons. Too bad they didn't do it sooner.

edit on 14-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Watching the live streams of the conventions these past couple of weekends, the only persons I've seen being disruptive were the ani-Paul delegates, and "visitors" were being especially disruptive, and even trying to take part in the votes, to try to turn things against Paul. Especially during the Arizona and Oklahoma conventions, when there was at least one fight, at the Arizona convention, started by a Romney delegate, and the cops intervened and there has even been a report made on the incident.

I'd have to imagine that what the campaign statement addresses are attempts to unbind delegates, like what nearly happened in Nevada. It took the leader of the the Paul campaign of the state coming out against such an action to stop it from happening.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

edited to calm down,

We are winning at all levels of the state and national. We are going to change things. If we can get Ron Paul for president great. If not, we are in this for the long haul. We are changing the very foundations of the system.

Here is your reality check, from the reality check guy:

"The headline on Drudge says it all "Ron Paul OUT!" Link to the Washington Times article and it says "Ron Paul Ends His Hunt For Votes".

The first headline is NOT TRUE.

The second headline MAY BE.

Either way, read through the article and you will see that the inference that Paul is out of the race is absolutely not true.

The article explains that Paul will abandon the game of going from state to state to trying to win a popular vote that doesn't count for anything. Instead he will focus on the states that are currently holding delegate conventions.

That strategy makes a lot of sense when you have the kind of fights in Oklahoma and Arizona we saw this weekend. The State Conventions is where the nomination will be won or lost not traveling from state to state for beauty contests."

_Ben Swann on FB

edit on 14-5-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

new topics

top topics

join