It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsung heroes of Ufology ( Please add your choice ) .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Quite seriously - all the skeptics who have helped to pull on the reins before the ass-pulled chariot of ufology could plunge over the cliff.

"Ahhhghh! OMG! Check this NASA image showing a multi-layered space-port with mining settlements nearby!"

Skeptic - 'Errrh, you're looking at image artifacts from the digitising process made worse by over-maginification. Here, let me show you an image of Death Valley and I'll over-magnify it...'

Bob Dean - "Here are some NASA images showing spaceships following our - God bless them - brave astronauts. They were all destroyed but I have a few left...makes me want to cry...sniff."

Skeptic - 'Rocket stage of the Saturn 5. Fake image from the Viking Mission. Here, let me show you them in their original context...funnily enough they're *not* destroyed and available on the internet.'

"Oh Jesus save us! The US did a deal with evil aliens! In return for our souls, they gave us new technology but - get this! - they *lied* and broke the deal! OMG they gave us fiber-optics and transistors from crashed saucers stolen from NAZIs who live on Antarctica!"

Skeptic - 'Well fiber-optics pre-date the 20th Century and the history of transistors isn't based solely in the USA and didn't *appear* in 1947. Oh yeah, Antarctica has a few hundred people living there all year round and they haven't noticed any NAZI uniforms on the washing-lines....or big holes at the pole.'

Greer and similar - "I know something you don't know. I know something you don't know. I'll showitcha. Wanna lil peek? (whispers...) It'll only costchacoupleofbucks. Wanna buy a light-saber...last one...genuine article...one careful owner?"

Like it or not, skeptics are 'unsung' and yet so necessary.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'll put GLADLY Linda Moulton Howe.
Being that she has not been mentioned yet. But since I joined Coast to Coast Insiders, I am blown away big-time with what she has brought to the table as far as whistleblowers and her incredible knowledge of interesting ufo related topics. She had one about cloaking that blew me away, let alone whistle blowers that talk about guarding bases and seeing pencil thin ufo lazars beaming into missile silos. The list goes on, she just seems so intelligent to me. She is a graduate of Stanford University in communications and is just wonderful !
I highly recommend trying to hear as much as you can about her ufo related information on Coast to Coast she is plenty worth it and really look forward to those special Thursdays when she comes on
. Let alone her great knowledge of nature and products that can hurt nature etc. She is a fun person to hear on radio, would enjoy meeting her one day!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I don't think some skeptics are necessary.

Stating that aliens and moon bases aren't real isn't an act of skepticism, it is just rehashing what we already know. And given the context in which this frequently occurs, it is the equivalent of a fat kid wrecking your sandcastle because it isn't a real castle, to prove to you it isn't a castle made of stone.

Or at an extreme it is like a normal person visiting the mental home to remind the crazies that they believe certain things are real that aren't. Or ruining Santa for the kids.

It is an act of tolerable cruelty practiced under the guise of education.

"I'm not wrecking the sandcastle and ruining Christmas, I'm educating"
- That's the refrain of the bully.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

As usual on ATS, we're saying one thing and hearing another...crossed wires and misunderstanding is also a car-crash in ufology (as elsewhere).

I'm not celebrating bullying, nor supporting close-minded people. My understanding of a skeptic is someone who suspends judgement wherever reasonable. They are the people who ufology can't do without. I think you are aiming your rifle at debunkers and people claiming skepticism whilst clearly not demonstrating it.

'...rehashing what we already know...' is kind of rhetorical for you. Not everyone *knows* about the pitfalls in the subject. This is why every other day, somebody posts a thread or comment that has been flogged to death before but is shiny and fresh to them because they're new to the subject.

Anyway, whatever...nice to see you around. Seems like a long time

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

This is why every other day, somebody posts a thread or comment that has been flogged to death before but is shiny and fresh to them because they're new to the subject.

Yeah, kinda like those new crop of kids who show up at the sandbox and need to be reminded that they aren't building real castles. Naturally the only way to do this is to call them names and stomp their castle while they cry those cute little tears.

Then when mom (mods) shows up, you say you were just educating the newblings as to the facts of the matter and go on to express your disappointment that you are having to do it all again this year.

Edit: Nice to see you too.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Exuberant1 because: because it is nice to see kandinsky again.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

I really enjoyed reading this, nice idea, thank you.
A lot of names I have never heard -> a lot of further reading

Although heroes is a pretty strong word I would like to ad Jeff Ritzman and Jeremy Vaeni for running Paratopia.
I'm not sure if they fall in the category unsung or if they are well known in the USA. They're not very popular where I am located.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Not really a Ufologist but my vote would have to go to Admiral of the Fleet Lord Hill-Norton , former Chief of Defence Staff and member of the House of Lords , for his dogged pursuit of answers on the UFO subject from the British Government and his belief in the possibility that UFOs are of Extraterrestrial origin .

A more high profile advocate of UFO investigation and disclosure you could not wish for

Lord Hill-Norton’s persistence is shown in a hand-written comment on a “Loose Minute” from October 1998

Quote from above .
"4. Lord Hill-Norton believes in UFOs and has taken on himself the mission of persuading Government to take seriously the notion that we are being visited by craft of extra-terrestrial origin. He pursues this with evangelical fervour through numerous PQs [Parliamentary Questions] and PEs [Parliamentary Enquires], and is something of a champion of the cause of ‘ufologists’ in this country.”

Below you can see the first page of the many sheets of “Written Answers” published by the House of Lords

R.I.P Lord Hill-Norton , a rare breed in the establishment and a great loss to Ufology .
LORD HILL-NORTON 1915 - 2004

edit on 15-5-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You were just a bunch of minutes quicker than me. I had this guy in my thoughts directly when I read the title of this thread.

There are two names I'd like to add:
- Jean-Jacques Velasco who created the SEPRA, a french organisation that was followed by the more official and more funded GEPAN, now GEIPAN, part of the CNES
- Claude Poher, member of the CNES who created and ran the GEPAN

Those two are probably the most knowledgeable persons in France in the subject of ufology.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nick Redfern

He blew my mind in his book "Body snatchers in the desert".

as in his other books on the UFO subject he brings alot of updated info to

the table.

Redfern uses alot of "FOI documents (like "Timothy Good" who's also a good read) and interviews with

witnesses to the investigation.

Nick Redfern to me, gives a fresh look at the UFO mystery.
edit on 15-5-2012 by RUFFREADY because: added a "s" to give

edit on 15-5-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
jkrog08

Would have to agree with that one mate -amongst others, his thread on the Shag Harbour incident was an absolute classic.

Would also have to say Chilean Air Force General Ricardo Bermudez deserves a mention as he's doing a lot of great work behind the scenes in South America and has just signed official UFO research agreements with the Uruguayan Air force and NARCAP.

CRIDOVNI AND CEFAA SIGN HISTORICAL MUTUAL COOPERATION AGREEMENT.

In the framework of the International Air and Space FIDAE 2012 is held (sign) a cooperation agreement between the Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena (CEFAA) under the Directorate General of Civil Aviation represented by its Director General (R) Ricardo Bermudez Sanhueza, and the Reception Committee and Investigating Complaints of Unidentified Flying Objects (CRIDOVNI) dependent on the Uruguayan Air Force, represented by its President Colonel Ariel Sanchez.

link

Cheers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Without a doubt, Jaime Maussan must be added to the list.

He takes a lot of criticism because they say he tends to believe everything people claim they see in the sky but he has been steadfast in his support of UFOlogy over the years.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

One man's 'steadfast' is another's 'exploitative.'

Maussan follows the herd like a clever hunter.

What value does consistency or longevity have when he promotes hoaxes without retraction?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

You're taking the piss aren't you?

Those smileys on the right are there for a reason, buddy!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

I'm blown away that someone with her apparent academic background has tried to *re-brand* the Drone-Hoax as genuine photographs of an alien technology.

It's downright amazing that she's managed to avoid all the conclusive evidence that, yeah, they're fakes.

What next? Potato commercials are hidden messages from corporate whistle-blowers trying to 'wake up the sheeple' to the alien menace?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What a great thread, I have nothing to add but will be busy with all that was mentioned.

I think I'll skip the Jaime Maussan recommendation, thanks.
edit on 15-5-2012 by PrestonSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For me personally it would have to be Timothy Good.

Although I'd always been interested in UFOs and the like, my obsession (and belief) grew exponentially after reading 'Above Top Secret' in 1987 and I've sought out his printed work ever since. Even though we're now at six years since 'Need to Know' was released, I still go back and re-read one of his books every other month, just to remind myself that there are people like Mr.Good out there pouring their hearts and souls into making UFOs a serious, academic subject ready for open debate.

Of course, this is of no consequence to our 24 hour media that treat the subject with ridicule and scorn and I feel embarrassed whenever Mr.Good appears on a news channel in order to offer up an 10 second soundbite for the latest UFO sighting, which has been deemed worthy to have been included in that day's news' reports!
edit on 17-5-2012 by UFOid because: Adjust

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ufology is dying real results are banished and denied and covered in hoaxes raped on you tube... everyone want's to believe but none dares to speak in the open about it..No ufology its just a hobby some are more talented then others to convince, bless the talented before they die out....and ufology is just another myth............

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
How could I forget???

HERE IS YOUR UNSUNG UFO HERO.

He is one of the best ones, in my book.

Carl Hart Jr Who photographed the Lubbock Lights. Did you know that as a result of this, he was beset upon by FBI agents, and it traumaitzed him?

The good stuff starts at 2:00/5:46 (well, 2:00) in the vid.) Prior to that is 'media' typicalness, so bear with.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
HERE IS ANOTHER of my "best" list of heros.

There are two, not one, with this vid. James Clarkson, a police investigator, and his whistleblower, the late June Crain, who worked as a highly cleared clerk at Wright Patterson (Wright Field) who handled a piece of the Roswell debris.

Earlier, I picked Karl Pflock, but I never totally agreed with his Project Mogul preference explanation. I always believed and believe, that there was something highly strange to the Roswell case.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
YET A THIRD ON MY BEST-OF-THE-BEST Unsung.

May 20 1967, Manitoba Canada. Stefan Michalak was BURNED, INJURED by a Close Encounter Of The Second Kind, as coined by J Allan Hynek. BEST physical evidence, hard evidence Ufo case, and this hero, Stefan, survived, and lived to tell.

A parallel case is the US Cash-Landrum incident, but that one has been (righteously) "sung" of much, but in long times past.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Saucerwench because: fix link

<< 1    3 >>

join