It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Stop drinking the Ron Paul cool-aid.

The party is over.

It's time to move on. The USA still has a very bright future.

Ron Paul KOOL-AID... doesn't have aspartame in it, thank you very much.
And the party hasn't even started, yet. You'll know when it does. Or maybe you won't.
The USA has a very bright future... for a very small percentage of the country. As long as you're in that percentage, what do you care, right? Your bird has a very distinctive call... "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me..."
Ron Paul is the cat who'll swallow you whole, sir.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I support Ron Paul but it embarrasses me that so many of his other supporters are just out of touch with reality.

Some of you act as if it's a failure if he becomes anything short of president, but it isn't. In my mind Ron Paul has always known he would not be president, and this campaign was to spread awareness and pave the way for more honest candidates like him in the future. That is not a loss.

Ron Paul will never be our president, that doesn't mean he isn't setting the stage for big changes.

Seems like the plan could be to take control of the GOP like the Christian Coalition did in the 90's

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

sounds like he's zoning in on the strategy that's been working for him. you know.......delegates......but i'm sure you already knew that. forget the beauty contests, it's on to what counts.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkinin

He is trying to give some of you false hope so you don't jump out the windows.

---------
The yahoo story says Ron Paul is quitting because he is - out of money -.

Don't look at me. I didn't write the story.

Neither did Outkast.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Maybe you should call the Ron Paul office directly.

You will believe them.

Ron Paul is out of money.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I wonder..... I wonder if he secretly met up with Romney and his campaign and... discussed this over?

Vice president anyone?

I wouldn't put it past Romney...and I would laugh if Paul accepted.

I would laugh even harder watching all the Paul supporters falling into line and casting a vote for Romney and the excuses they would come up with.

But...I think Romney's pick will be very dull.

I think his pick HAS to be dull. I don't think the GOP can afford another Sarah Palin problem. They really need to look moderate, so a dull, middle of the road vice president is of importance.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

sounds like he's zoning in on the strategy that's been working for him. you know.......delegates......but i'm sure you already knew that. forget the beauty contests, it's on to what counts.

Ron Paul has 60 bound delegates...doesn't seem to be working so well to me.

But I'm sure you aren't using realistic counts...I'm sure you are using the counts where delegates are magically unbound or they abstain from voting.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Exactly. Hence the active campaigning stop. Why waste money on the beauty contest when you can't win the beauty contest?

He's not dropping out of the race though. He's still collecting delegates.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think this will be an unconventional election year.

------------

All we will see from Obama from this day forward is - Deflect - Divert - Divide -.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The humorous component to this whole announcement is looking back on an earlier thread accusing a certain media outlet of "a complete media blackout" of Ron Paul. Turns out he wasn't doing anything worth reporting on prior to releasing this press release.

link   
He has 125 'actual' delegates to Romney's 312. He has 11 states to Romney's 18.

Source

Ron Paul is damn near neck-in-neck with Mitt Romney. Why the hell would he 'end' his Campaign?

Oh, and by the way, you've all completely mis-interpreted his message.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

If he was 'ending' his Campaign, why would he say something like that? Doesn't make any sense.

Ron Paul 2012

link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Exactly. Hence the active campaigning stop. Why waste money on the beauty contest when you can't win the beauty contest?

He's not dropping out of the race though. He's still collecting delegates.

Lots of people are voting for the others as well.

This years GOP convention should be very entertaining.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

All we will see from Obama from this day forward is - Deflect - Divert - Divide -.

So true.
But that's different from the past 3 years how?
edit on 5/14/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can someone show me where it says Ron Paul is either quitting, giving up, or conceding?

Because what I am understanding from this release is that he is still in the race, still expecting
to gather delegates, and still fighting for a win with a consolidated strategy of going to the
convention with the majority of delegates.

I didn't quite finish ninth grade so perhaps my command of the English language is lacking....

any help?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

He has 125 'actual' delegates to Romney's 312. He has 11 states to Romney's 18.

Source

Ron Paul is damn near neck-in-neck with Mitt Romney. Why the hell would he 'end' his Campaign?

That map is counting how many delegates are either Ron Paul or Romney supporters...they aren't taking into account which ones are bound to vote for the candidate in the first round.

I'm sure you and others think that is the correct way...but it's not...sorry.

Romney's hard count of bound delegates is up over 800 now...Ron paul is at 60.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkinin

He is trying to give some of you false hope so you don't jump out the windows.

---------

I'll consider it false hope when we stop winning every convention that takes place. Besides, I, and probably very many other supporters, are in this to the end.

I'm not planning on jumping ship any time soon.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well that's it then. Time to leave America. The people have chosen to give up their liberty and freedom for security and trinkets.

link   

My God man. Is this all you do all day? You are in every Ron Paul thread trying to incite arguments on a constant.

Its as if this is your job or something.......?

A lot of Ron Paul supporters do act as if Paul is some sort of demigod but the point really has nothing to do with him. It is the message he preaches. Ron Paul just so happens to be the most qualified in this situation.

Freedom is something that someday many will beg for and will not receive. We ether fight for it now while we have the chance or just allow our selves to become enslaved.

I'm sure Ron Paul understands that TPTB are fighting to hard and without relent for him to make it, so pushing the message is what is important at the moment and not becoming a figurehead.

But trolling will achieve nothing for any one but your self........ So you can stop now.

Thank you.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

That map is counting how many delegates are either Ron Paul or Romney supporters...they aren't taking into account which ones are bound to vote for the candidate in the first round.

How many times does it need to be presented to you before you understand?

"Jennifer Sheehan, Legal Counsel for the RNC, plainly stated in a letter to Nancy Lord, Utah Unational Committeewoman, several weeks before the convention, 'The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose." And, "The national convention allows delegates to vote for the individual of their choice, regardless of whether the person's name is officially placed into nomination or not."

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Can someone show me where it says Ron Paul is either quitting, giving up, or conceding?

Because what I am understanding from this release is that he is still in the race, still expecting
to gather delegates, and still fighting for a win with a consolidated strategy of going to the
convention with the majority of delegates.

I didn't quite finish ninth grade so perhaps my command of the English language is lacking....

any help?

Go to Yahoo.com.

They have Ron Paul quitting because he is --- out of money ---.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join